GB HOMEPAGE

Stuck in act 5-evil under the sun

Posted By: Redjack1983

Stuck in act 5-evil under the sun - 10/22/07 06:24 PM

ive read the walkthrough posted only one weird thing
ive tested everything i could however in the walkthrough it mentions the hair under microscope and adding the "burnt hair"
cause the only thing poirot said was "almost done" my objectives are all completed wich is weird >< other thing that makes now sense is i put together the "regret letter" exactly how it shows up in the walkthrough and it does not show up in documents why? lol and now i cant find anyone to have new dialogue with and theres nothing else i can figure to get done since everything is crossed off. what in the blue blazes is going on? someone help me plz
Posted By: texaslady

Re: Stuck in act 5-evil under the sun - 10/22/07 06:28 PM

Redjack if you don't have the letter in your inventory then it isn't completely correct yet. When all pieces are correct, it will show as a complete piece of paper.
Did you compare the hair from the hairbrush with the pieces of burned hair under the microscope?

Sue

Re: Stuck in act 5-evil under the sun - 10/22/07 06:34 PM

thats what im saying i didnt get any burnt hair? where did i miss it ><
Posted By: MaG

Re: Stuck in act 5-evil under the sun - 10/22/07 06:38 PM

From the walkthrough:
Go to the fireplace and take the *burnt piece of fabric on the logs and *burnt hair on the right side.

I added a picture of the merged letter of regret on the walkthrough.

Re: Stuck in act 5-evil under the sun - 10/22/07 06:39 PM

ty vm something stupid i didnt notice >< lol

Problem with evil under the sun - 10/22/07 07:21 PM

if someone has a save game file at the end of act 5 when the letter of regret is made. becuase i have checked the letter over
around 15 times now. ive compared what ive put together with what mag did in the walkthrough. im beginning to get extremely irritated with this and about to say the h*** with the game
yesterday i had to completely start my game over becuase of the masterkey bug that i accidentally found early

Re: Stuck in act 5-evil under the sun - 10/22/07 07:22 PM

As for the letter of regret, I'm sure you missed one or more squares.
Check the sides the sentences or the words position of each square.
Compare it to the merged or the other picture in the walkthrough.
I don't think it's a game glitch.

-------
Please use one thread per game. If you have anyother question about this game, post on this original thread.

I still think that it's operator error and not game error about this puzzle.
Anyways, I'll look for a saved game.

Re: Stuck in act 5-evil under the sun - 10/22/07 07:32 PM

ty i was content without even wanting a walkthrough on this game but i had some of the same problems others had. as to shredded paper type puzzles im rather good at them wich is why im frustrated never had a problem with em' before

if u can post a save of it that would be awesome in the meantime ill try this for the 100th time lol

Re: Stuck in act 5-evil under the sun - 10/22/07 07:42 PM

It's on the way now.
Place both files in the saved games folder found in the EUTS folder. luck
Posted By: Kurt

Re: Stuck in act 5-evil under the sun - 01/02/08 12:12 PM

Does anyone have a save game for the that infamous Gardener's letter puzzle? Because it is clearly a clitch in the game as I'm sure I put it together correctly but the letter won't go to under the notes and therefore I can't proceed...any help would me much appreciated.
Posted By: dragonuk44

Re: Stuck in act 5-evil under the sun - 01/02/08 12:39 PM

I had a lot of probs getting this letter right .I thought I d got it right a few times but had nt and yes it was irritating

Re: Stuck in act 5-evil under the sun - 01/02/08 01:24 PM

welcome Kurt,

I have not heard that this puzzle has a glitch. It really is checking every piece to see if they are correctly placed.
Try and check the puzzle again. It should work when correctly done. Check the design of the sides, the words of the letter and the rips of the paper.
It will work for you. luck
Posted By: dlea

Re: Stuck in act 5-evil under the sun - 01/04/08 03:46 AM

GO TO THE FIREPLACE LOOK ON RIGHT SIDE SEE BRUNT HAIR.

GO ONLINE AND TYPE : EVIL UNDER THE SUN WALK THROUGH
TELL YOU WHERE GO NEXT . PASS THIS ON

Re: Stuck in act 5-evil under the sun - 01/04/08 03:55 AM

Ah, dlea. We appreciate the help. We do have the walkthrough here on our GB walkthrough page.

Again, please do not use all upper case letters in your post. It means shouting in internet language.
Posted By: Kurt

Re: Stuck in act 5-evil under the sun - 01/04/08 11:06 PM

Hi again, thanks for reply but it does work for me. I have checked that letter piece by piece, compared it to the one in the walkthrough and it just does not go under my notes. I mean, there is not that many pieces. It's 100% correct. Just does not work. I'm out of ideas here. Can't finish this [blip] game...
Posted By: texaslady

Re: Stuck in act 5-evil under the sun - 01/04/08 11:22 PM

Kurt if the note doesn't go into your inventory then it isn't placed together correctly yet. It could be one of the edging pieces or one of the pieces where the letter is torn in the middle.

Sue
Posted By: peg65

Re: Stuck in act 5-evil under the sun - 01/05/08 01:06 AM

have you tried the blank squares and make sure that they are line up with the design on the paper. thats were i had problems..hope it works
Posted By: RickityRick

Re: Stuck in act 5-evil under the sun - 06/07/08 07:45 PM

Boo hoo!I'm having the same problem. I'm 100% sure the letter is correct. Even the blank edge parts. Even the fiddly middle bits. I've checked it over and over and compared it to screenshots...

Could someone please send me a saved game? I don't want to have to give up - it's a good game!

Thanks!
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Stuck in act 5-evil under the sun - 06/07/08 07:53 PM

Hi RickityRick, welcome to GameBoomers!

Try switching the border design at the bottom and top of the letter. This trick has worked for a few people stuck on the puzzle. Let us know if it gets you through.

Re: Stuck in act 5-evil under the sun - 06/07/08 08:04 PM

OK thanks! I'll try it now.

EDIT: Just tried it every which way I can think of. I don't know what's wrong with it! I've spent waaaaay too much time staring at my computer screen trying to work out where I've gone wrong...I've checked all the borders a dozen times, and the letter reads fine...matched up all the handwriting etc....

lame!
Posted By: TLC

Re: Stuck in act 5-evil under the sun - 06/07/08 08:18 PM

Rickity,

Is this the letter from the trash can? If yes, if its not going into documents in inventory, its not put together correctly. wave

Re: Stuck in act 5-evil under the sun - 06/07/08 08:24 PM

Yah it is the letter in the trash can.... but I'm totally sure it's put together properly. I've compared it against the screenshot in the walkthrough and it is exactly the same. I've even compared it down to looking at the symmetry of all the little flowers on the border (yeah, I have nothing better to do). My brother has too. I can't possibly see where I've gone wrong. It's exactly the same! Aargh!

Re: Stuck in act 5-evil under the sun - 06/07/08 08:25 PM

RickityRick, do you have the patience to fiddle around with the pieces some more, or are you on the verge of giving up? I don't have a saved game, but you're welcome to e-mail me your last save and I'll get you past that spot.

Re: Stuck in act 5-evil under the sun - 06/07/08 08:25 PM

Rickity,

If you'd like, you can send me your save and I'll install the game to get a look at your game. smile wave

Rushes, Just one more time and I'm gonna beat you up. lol evil

Re: Stuck in act 5-evil under the sun - 06/07/08 08:27 PM

See now, Rickity, we're fighting over you. lol

Re: Stuck in act 5-evil under the sun - 06/07/08 08:29 PM

This is getting too funny, Rushes. Thanks for making me laugh my you know what off. rotfl wave

Re: Stuck in act 5-evil under the sun - 06/07/08 08:29 PM

LOL steady on!!

Yeah I just don't know what else to try. I'll send you both my save just before the letter. Maybe you'll find where I've gone wrong!

Thanks!

Re: Stuck in act 5-evil under the sun - 06/07/08 08:31 PM

Rickity,

I just received a save from MaG, I'll send it off to you. smile wave

Re: Stuck in act 5-evil under the sun - 06/07/08 08:31 PM

Oh great ok thanks! That'll save me faffing about with emails.

Re: Stuck in act 5-evil under the sun - 06/07/08 08:33 PM

I received one too, but too scared of TLC beating me up to say anything about it. rotfl

You'll be on your way now, Rickity! Have fun with the rest of the game. wave

Re: Stuck in act 5-evil under the sun - 06/07/08 08:39 PM

Rushes,
Oh, I'd never beat you up. evil Thanks again for the laughs, I really needed it. hearts

Rickity,
Have fun with the rest of the game. wave

Re: Stuck in act 5-evil under the sun - 06/07/08 08:39 PM

Uh oh....I got the saved game and loaded it fine...but the letter is still in the bin exactly as I had done it before! Was is supposed to be already in the documents? I'm thinking this might have something to do with my computer...

Re: Stuck in act 5-evil under the sun - 06/07/08 08:40 PM

Hahahaha. I think Rick is getting nervous.

Renumber the save to be the last number in your file or it will not show.

Bye, ladies! wave

Re: Stuck in act 5-evil under the sun - 06/07/08 08:41 PM

Rickity,

Maybe you need to renumber both files to fit in your game? think Or scroll through the load screen, maybe you're loading the wrong one? wave

wave MaG

Re: Stuck in act 5-evil under the sun - 06/07/08 08:47 PM

OMG!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!
I renamed the saved game and it's fine!! THANKS!! *jumps for joy*

Re: Stuck in act 5-evil under the sun - 06/07/08 08:48 PM

yay yay

Re: Stuck in act 5-evil under the sun - 06/07/08 08:51 PM

Rickity,

So glad you got it working now. yay wave

Posted By: ArtDent

Re: Stuck in act 5-evil under the sun - 04/08/09 12:36 AM

I've got the same problem as above. I'm stuck at the end of Day 5. Have read umpteen walkthrus and have done everything on them. But no one will talk to me and there's nothing left to do to get the day to end. Does anyone have a saved game they could send to me so I can start at Day 6? I like this game, I really hate to have to just quit.

Thanks.

Re: Stuck in act 5-evil under the sun - 04/08/09 12:43 AM

welcome ArtDent,

The saved game is on the way.
Posted By: ArtDent

Re: Stuck in act 5-evil under the sun - 04/08/09 04:15 AM

Bless you, bless you, bless you! The saved game you sent works fine. On to Day 6!

Re: Stuck in act 5-evil under the sun - 04/08/09 04:26 AM

Have fun now. laugh
Posted By: zesty23

Re: Stuck in act 5-evil under the sun - 02/03/10 05:56 PM

hey, im playing evil under the sun, and am stuck at the ver beggining of act 5 in a glitch and have no idea how to sort it. its when i go into kenneth marshals room and question him, fo one i cant see him, and cant see the balcony door, only poirot, and once the questions are over, my screen isnt frozen, but i cant interact with anything on my screen! he just stands there moving his arms a bit, but he wont move or leave the room or anything. the drop down menu wont even come down. Not sure what to do. i see people on this page are pretty good at solving problems, so i hope you will help me. would it work if someone sent me one of there saves for the beggining of act 5? pleeeaaase help me smile

Re: Stuck in act 5-evil under the sun - 02/03/10 10:32 PM

Hi zesty23, welcome to GameBoomers.

Have you tried restarting your computer, and replaying this scene? Sometimes a reboot is all it takes to clear glitches of this sort.
Posted By: mickey4ever

Re: Stuck in act 5-evil under the sun - 05/30/10 03:28 PM

Hello everyone!! I'm new in the forum and I desperately need help!! I'm stuck in the end of act 5. I've done everything I was supposed to-the only thing that's left is this f*****g letter!!! I've checked several walkthroughs, I know that I 've put the pieces correctly, but it doesn't merge! I've started act 5 again, and it still doesn't work! What can I do? Can anyone send me a saved game at the beggining of 6??? Pleeeeease HELP!!!!

Re: Stuck in act 5-evil under the sun - 05/30/10 03:37 PM

Hi mickey4ever, welcome to GameBoomers.

I'm glad that you used asterisks there. eek Behave, now!

The top and bottom edges of the letter are tricky, you might want to try interchanging those. I'll send you a saved game also, and you can use it if you need to.
Posted By: undone

Re: Stuck in act 5-evil under the sun - 06/01/10 04:01 PM

Hello everyone. I also am stuck on the letter! The edges are correct, every word in its place. Alas it will not merge. Would someone be so kind to send me a saved game?
Thank you in advance.!

Re: Stuck in act 5-evil under the sun - 06/01/10 04:37 PM

Hi undone, welcome to GameBoomers.

Double-check the top and bottom edges of the bottom, the pieces without any writing on them. A few of the pieces are very similar to one another.

I'll also send a save across.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community