GB HOMEPAGE

Riddle of the Tomb

Posted By: deleterman

Riddle of the Tomb - 04/18/08 04:58 PM

Hi All you wise games; I just started this game,I like it so far but what's this good day and bad day thing? anyone have a Thought on this? deleterman.. devilchili
Posted By: MaG

Re: Riddle of the Tome - 04/18/08 05:27 PM

That is based on your horoscope which in turn is based on the chosen zodiac sign after you selected your avatar.
At your gameplay menu - The bottom of the left pillar has the selected zodiac sign and shows that day's horoscope.

The good day and bad day puzzles are similar except the bad day ones have additional things to do: like an item might be missing or you have to prepare some ingredients that are present during the good days.

Re: Riddle of the Tome - 04/18/08 11:53 PM

Hi and thanks for that info, i notice that some item was missing that i needed to get and it was a bad day now what do i have to do to get that item?or do i need that now or do i get that later ? i just don't want to get to far down the road and have to go back and start over just to get a missed item.again thanks . deleterman.
Posted By: texaslady

Re: Riddle of the Tome - 04/19/08 12:01 AM

Deleterman you need to post any game related questions in Hints, not in Discussions.

Sue

Re: Riddle of the Tome - 04/19/08 12:03 AM

Oh i'm sorry i just forget where i was . deliterman.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Riddle of the Tome - 04/19/08 12:10 AM

Want me to move this to Hints?

Riddle of the Tome. - 04/19/08 12:10 AM

Hi all you wise gamers out there ! i just started this game and i noticed that there is a good day and a bad day thing.now i did have a bad day and the item that i needed to get was not there . now what do i do? will i have a chance to get it later or what? i just don't want to go to far down the road an find out that i need this iten now and i have to go back and start over just to get this one item to get on with this game.any help on this? thanks . deleterman. devilchili

Re: Riddle of the Tome. - 04/19/08 12:33 AM

What are you looking for Deleterman?
When your horoscope portends a bad day, you'll have to spend more time looking for items but they will all be in the general area that you are in now.

Sue

Re: Riddle of the Tome - 04/19/08 01:46 AM

yes would you? thanks. deleterman. yay

Re: Riddle of the Tome. - 04/19/08 01:58 AM

thank you. 1st bad day missed 2 papyus stalks just befor the bridge and the pyramid and the Eros statue.went on and got a good arrow and put it in the hand of Eros and shot it in to the eye of the animal on the wall of the observatory. and the door opened up. now do i go in or do i go back now and try and find those two papyrus stalks on thr ground some were? do you think that i will need them later ? or should i just go in to the observatory? and don't look back? whats your thought on this? i just don't want to have to go back and start this game over again later. help! deleterman.

Re: Riddle of the Tome. - 04/19/08 02:37 AM

Go ahead and play the game Deleterman. You can always get back easily to get papyrus if you need it. I honestly don't remember using it in the game though.

Sue

Re: Riddle of the Tome. - 04/19/08 02:46 AM

Hi Sue; thank you so much!! i feel better now that i can contenue on with the game,this is a fun game. deleterman.
Posted By: pamvan

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 04/19/08 07:48 PM

Hi-I have a hint about this game regarding the chariot/counterweight puzzle, but some people might think it a spoiler and I forget how to note the caution for a spoiler. Could you enlighten me?

Re: Riddle of the Tomb - 04/19/08 07:59 PM

Pamvan I think it'd the icon on the full reply screen that looks like a megaphone?

Sue
Posted By: pamvan

Re: Riddle of the Tomb-Chariot puzzle - 04/19/08 09:18 PM

Thanks, Sue.
Click to reveal..
At first I took six bags of sand (don't ask me why) to help balance the counterweight & the chariot. I found that if I had extra bags in the inventory, I couldn't get the chariot to take me up. I had to get rid of the bags back at the cyclops. But if you put the extra bags on the chariot, you can't take them back to the origin. I had to load a saved game and start over from that point!

Re: Riddle of the Tomb-Chariot puzzle - 04/21/08 01:20 AM

Ok this is the deal,in lab trying to make this sleeping draft now do i add the poweders untill i get to the part where i sdd the dried fish? sometimes thomas sez : i identified one of the constituents but the bowl is never "labled"the w/t in not very clear..so what am i doing wrong? help.. deleterman.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Riddle of the Tomb-Chariot puzzle - 04/21/08 01:35 AM

Deleterman, I don't remember though I do remember it taking some time.

I found the following at UHS-hints. Does that help?

Click to reveal..
jekker Flowers: bottom left white powder
Ashod Resin: grey nuggets
Ataniya Roots: right gray powder

Nuzi Leaves: yellow powder
Ashur Seeds: orange powder
Kassite Bark: ochre powder
Masa Thorns: green powder
Teresh Roots: black powder
Here's what you add to identify each of the herbs:

Tjekker Flowers: 1 scoop of the bottom left white powder, 1 scoop Mitanni Gum, 2 scoops Arsawa Powder.
Ashod Resin: 1 scoop grey nuggets, 1 scoop Mitanni Gum, 2 scoops Arsawa Powder, 2 scoops Pitassa Gum.
Ataniya Roots: 1 scoop bottom right gray powder, 1 scoop Kerma Powder, 2 scoops Arsawa Gum, 2 Pitassa Gum.

Nuzi Leaves: 1 scoop yellow powder, 1 scoop Mitanni Gum.
Ashur Seeds: 1 scoop orange powder, 1 scoop Mitanni Gum, 2 scoops Pitassa Gum.
Kassite Bark: 1 scoop ochre powder, 1 scoop Kerma Powder.
Masa Thorns: 1 scoop green powder, 1 scoop Kerma Powder, 1 scoop Arsawa Powder.
Teresh Roots: 1 scoop black powder, 1 scoop Kerma Powder, 1 scoop Arsawa Powder, 1 scoop Pitassa Gum.

luck

Re: Riddle of the Tomb-Chariot puzzle - 04/21/08 01:58 AM

Hi and thanks for the info got that part.as i try and do this it said after i add the powders that to empty bowl and go on to adding some more powders and so on. but i get this right but i never see bowl-labled..but he says identified..i'am at a loss..i guess i just can't fallow the recipe?what is going on? help!! deleterman...

Re: Riddle of the Tomb-Chariot puzzle - 04/21/08 03:13 AM

Try to see if you move the cursor on the bowl to see the label at bottom of screen or at side or pick it up or right click it. There is a label there somewhere if my memory holds.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Riddle of the Tomb-Chariot puzzle - 04/21/08 03:34 AM

Hi smile

Once you have created those missing powders that you need and you start to make the actual sleeping potion, you should find that all the bowls will then be named.
Just use your mouse on them.

That's what happened for me, anyway.

luck

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: Riddle of the Tomb-Chariot puzzle - 04/21/08 03:56 AM

OK now that makes sence , i didn't click on the bowl or anything like that, just went on to the next .again thanks. deleterman.
Posted By: Jehane

Re: Riddle of the Tomb-Chariot puzzle - 04/21/08 01:41 PM

Originally Posted By: pamvan
Thanks, Sue.
Click to reveal..
At first I took six bags of sand (don't ask me why) to help balance the counterweight & the chariot. I found that if I had extra bags in the inventory, I couldn't get the chariot to take me up. I had to get rid of the bags back at the cyclops. But if you put the extra bags on the chariot, you can't take them back to the origin. I had to load a saved game and start over from that point!

I'd like to add something to this puzzle. You don't need to load a saved game and start over if you
Click to reveal..
simply put the extra bags next to the chariot, on the left-hand side of it. It took me a while to figure this out myself because I had forgotten that I had some extra bags in my inventory smile Just put them on the left-hand side of the chariot; you can always pick them up again if you need them smile

Re: Riddle of the Tomb-Chariot puzzle - 04/21/08 05:07 PM

thanks Jehane wave

Deleterman, are you making progress in that sleep potion?

Re: Riddle of the Tomb-Chariot puzzle - 04/22/08 02:09 AM

oh hi , no as a mater of fact , after i mixed up the first part he said "i have identified one of the constituents" but the bowl is never labeled...so what do i do with a bowl full of stuff? in the w/t it said dump the bowl and fill with water.and go on to the next stuff....what is going on? did i miss something?? help. this is driveing me nuts...like i'm not now..thanks . deleterman

Re: Riddle of the Tomb-Chariot puzzle - 04/22/08 02:20 AM

Deleterman, have you picked up the Diomedes and Zoilos papyruses? They were scattered around in the lab.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb-Chariot puzzle - 04/22/08 02:51 AM

no i don't think so, went back but no see...so i guess that i don't have them..now what do ido? help. deleterman.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb-Chariot puzzle - 04/22/08 03:57 AM

You pick them up from the shelves and read them they should be recorded on the left side of the inventory frame - like your documents

Re: Riddle of the Tomb-Chariot puzzle - 04/22/08 04:10 AM

yes yes i have them!! yesnow what do i do ..i'am all ears. i feel stuck. i know you have the answer. don't you??thanks. deleterman. praise

Re: Riddle of the Tomb-Chariot puzzle - 04/22/08 05:14 AM

You have to read those scrolls to know how to do the mixings and indetifying first.
Then you proceed to do the identifying of unknown powders.
Then they will be labeled.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb-Chariot puzzle - 04/22/08 05:40 AM

ok i got that but what about the 1st part that i had done.what do i do with that?

Re: Riddle of the Tomb-Chariot puzzle - 04/22/08 05:46 AM

Try it one first so that you can see if it works for your game or it might be glitch, ok.
You dump one mixed item in the waste. Turn left and see a big container. You click the large bowl in there.

Just double checking - are you sure there's no label on those you identified.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb-Chariot puzzle - 04/22/08 03:55 PM

Hi, i just might be missing something? are we talking about the big sink bowl that i put water in and added all the powders in?

Re: Riddle of the Tomb-Chariot puzzle - 04/22/08 04:31 PM

Yes. The big sink bowl can be emptied on the big container. The after reading the scroll, redo just one identifying test and see if there's a label to that powder that you tested.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb-Chariot puzzle - 04/22/08 05:18 PM

ok now i see, the big sink bowl will not have a label on it but the bowl of powder will huh? is that right? i said i see maybe huh? thanks for your time.. deleterman.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb-Chariot puzzle - 04/22/08 05:20 PM

I think that is right deleterman. After you've read the papyri, and identified the bowls, they should have labels.

There is also a third Papyri that you may need to read if you haven't already.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb-Chariot puzzle - 04/22/08 05:41 PM

Hi and thanks- i have read them all,ok this is where i'm stuck,-ashod resin (good day) ok the 1st one was ok-tjekker flowers,now this one i think i'm missing something,he never said anything after i added the stuff.the only thing i can think of is the gray nugget powder.the only one that i see is just labeled gray powder on the extream rt side top right side. that is the one that i used.is that thr right one or is there another one? what am i missing???help! deleterman.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb-Chariot puzzle - 04/22/08 05:52 PM

Is your horoscope - good or bad day?

Re: Riddle of the Tomb-Chariot puzzle - 04/22/08 06:01 PM

i think its good day.but how do i know for sure?

Re: Riddle of the Tomb-Chariot puzzle - 04/22/08 06:24 PM

Go to the inventory page. At left is a pillar. At the bottom of that I think is your sign - click there and read what it says at bottom of page.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb-Chariot puzzle - 04/22/08 06:56 PM

ok went there and my sign was there - clicked on it and it said that the stars are not on my side today! i guess that makes for a bad day? huh.. well what a ordeal just to get past that!!anyway i'm on my way now..i must be dumb i just couldn't see what i had to do...it's this good day -bad day thing.pluse this time change thing i just went through..enough to make anyone nutty .. devilchili deleterman.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb-Chariot puzzle - 04/23/08 10:30 PM

stuck again,in the Hydra chamber-in the center of the room tring to enter the 3 Gorgons names using the greek letters but after i enter them he doesn't say anything and nothing happens. what do i need to do? help. deleterman.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb-Chariot puzzle - 04/23/08 10:40 PM

That means that you have not entered the name correctly or you have not seen/look close at the clue.
Double check those letters again. He should say something if each of the names are correct.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb-Chariot puzzle - 04/23/08 10:44 PM

Deleterman, are any of those signs similar to each other? I seem to remember thinking I was entering the correct signs and really I was using the wrong one because several were very very similar with just a small difference luck

Re: Riddle of the Tomb-Chariot puzzle - 04/23/08 11:07 PM

L4L you are right!i just got the 1st one right. now on the 2nd name (using the w/t )put in 'epsilon with the apostrophe, ok did that on to the next -rho,alpha and lambda.but nothing...redid it anumber of times but something is not right...any thought on this ? help. deleterman.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb-Chariot puzzle - 04/23/08 11:19 PM

Are you seeing the correct label on the label at the top right of the screen?

If you made a mistake, do you have to do the first one again? (Just guessing)

Can you save the game each time Thomas says something so you don't have to start the puzzle over (if indeed you do)

Re: Riddle of the Tomb-Chariot puzzle - 04/23/08 11:57 PM

L4L thats a good question,i just did after the first name -we will see huh? yeah that how i know if i have the right letter , i look up to the upper right .do you think i can remember all those greek letters ? i sure hope i don't have to start over...so far i just got the first name .. thanks for your help! deleterman.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb-Chariot puzzle - 04/23/08 11:59 PM

Well, I don't know about you, but I know I can't.

luck

It's been awhile, but I think I may have had to do that one several times. wave

Re: Riddle of the Tomb-Chariot puzzle - 04/24/08 04:02 AM

well doing it over a few time ain't to bad , i could do that!!but i must have missed something...it's starting to get to me....

Re: Riddle of the Tomb-Chariot puzzle - 04/24/08 04:13 AM

Write down the letters you need to find.
Also be careful of the ones that look alike but have an apostrophe in front of it. luck

Re: Riddle of the Tomb-Chariot puzzle - 04/24/08 04:45 AM

Hi do you know if you can go back and reset the letters?and go on and pick new ones?i will try and use the info that you gave me.i 'm stuck on the second name , i have redone it 10 times..in that one only the first letter has the apostrophe.thanks for your help.deleterman.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb-Chariot puzzle - 04/24/08 04:59 AM

Hi again, i have went back and tried everything i can think of but nothing has worked...ok this is the second name - 'epsilon,rho,alpha and lambda.is that right?only the first has the apostrophe right?this is just the way i clicked on them but i get nothing, nada.help!now do i have to go back and start with the first name ? i saved it after i did the first name .i don't know if i can do that ..any thought on that? thanks deleterman. smashpc
Posted By: Jenny

Re: Riddle of the Tomb-Chariot puzzle - 04/24/08 05:08 AM

Deleterman, from the little I can remember of Greek, it seems to me that rho and alpha should also have "breathing" marks, which is what I assume the apostrophe is supposed to represent. Do you have any choices for those two letters with an apostrophe...think

Re: Riddle of the Tomb-Chariot puzzle - 04/24/08 05:17 AM

Hi Jenny- yes i do.but not with lambda.do you know if i can save ,say the first name and come back and go on to the second and so on? thanks for your responce.deleterman.:-(

Re: Riddle of the Tomb-Chariot puzzle - 04/24/08 05:20 AM

I'm sorry, Deleterman, I don't know anything about this game--the only way I would know if you could save that way (which is certainly a good way to do it), would be to try. As long as you don't override your original save, I would think it would be all right. luck

And as far as I can remember, lambda doesn't have a "breathing" mark, so it shouldn't need an apostrophe...wave

Re: Riddle of the Tomb-Chariot puzzle - 04/24/08 05:37 AM

Jenny your right!!!

Re: Riddle of the Tomb-Chariot puzzle - 04/24/08 11:22 AM

Yes, you can save the game after each correct name. Just ve sure that he does remark that the letters you enter are correct.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb-Chariot puzzle - 04/24/08 01:11 PM

The only thing I can think of is that you need to leave all pressed letters as they are - don't reset them once you got the first name correct. If the first name features some letters that are also used in the second name, you don't have to re-enter them - the same principle was applied to the very first puzzle using Greek letters (the globe in the garden). Other than that, I can't think of any reason why it shouldn't work.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb-Chariot puzzle - 04/24/08 03:22 PM

Hi mag,jehane, i think that is my problem that i reset the letters after the 1st name...i will check that out !! thanks for your responce..deleterman.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb-Chariot puzzle - 04/24/08 03:34 PM

Each letter is used only once in all 3 names. So once used, it won't be used for the other names anymore. Good luck.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb-Chariot puzzle - 04/25/08 01:46 AM

very good-went back and redid without resetting , worked like a charm. went smooothly to the part where i go back to kordax with the poisoned washbowl i gave it to him and he falls asleep.i went back up and talk to iris.but she dosn't say anything about the bracelet and i can't take the washbowl after kordax falls asleep..doses that have something to do with pickking up the horn? thanks. deleterman.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb-Chariot puzzle - 04/25/08 02:13 AM

Deleterman, if Kordax fell asleep, then you don't need to do anything further with him.

You should be able to proceed to this part:

Open the bag on the floor and take the heliotrope and half of Akkad's crown.

Take the horn and automatically blow the horn.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb-Chariot puzzle - 04/25/08 02:51 AM

Hi L4L; thanks , that is just what i did..but what about the bracelet?? i did open the bag and get the heliotrop and half of akkad's crown,but i go back up to talk to iris but i think we are done talking for now.so what do i do now -jump to the mausoleum and look for the secret observatory? deleterman.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb-Chariot puzzle - 04/25/08 10:16 AM

Hm. If I remember correctly, I did have the bracelet as well when I first played the game but I don't remeber using it for anything. I have a walkthrough here that says the following about the bracelet:
Click to reveal..
After you have poisoned Kordax' water and added the perfume, you take it to him. But on a bad day, Kordax will spot the trap and tell you he's immune to the poison you used. So you need to go back to Iris and tell her about it; she'll tell you that you need to dip her bracelet in dissolved Melukkha bones to get a stronger poison. This poison you then can use on Kordax' water bowl.

I didn't have to do that although I had the bracelet so it's quite possible that in some cases, the bracelet is a red herring smile

Re: Riddle of the Tomb-Chariot puzzle - 04/25/08 12:57 PM

Thanks, Jehane.

deleterman, If you're good day and Kordax is now aslepp. Continue on with the game - you're done with Kordax.

Open the bag on the floor and take the heliotrope and half of Akkad's crown.
Take the horn and automatically blow the horn.
Go back to Iris and talk to her.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb-Chariot puzzle - 04/25/08 05:03 PM

Hi mag; that is just what i did,so now i just jump to the mausoleum and look for the secret observatory? boy that seems easy. thanks everyone. deleterman.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb-Chariot puzzle - 04/25/08 05:08 PM

The stars are looking good for you today.

Re: Riddle of the Tomb-Chariot puzzle - 04/25/08 09:40 PM

Ha,Ha. thats a good one.i needed that! thanks . deleterman. monky

Re: Riddle of the Tomb-Chariot puzzle - 04/25/08 10:44 PM

Thanks to you guys i finished this game. good game! thanks

Re: Riddle of the Tomb-Chariot puzzle - 04/25/08 10:52 PM

Congratulations, Deleterman--glad you got through...thumbsup
© 2024 GameBoomers Community