GB HOMEPAGE

Arsene Lupin

Posted By: chrissie

Arsene Lupin - 04/19/08 02:22 PM

I'm in the National Gallery after 'the deed' - I've talked to the director, looked at the combination lock on the crate in the foyer, been to the restoration room looked at the window & followed the footprints to an unexceptional painting (interesting subject!!!), seen the painted corners & looked at a lot of the 'latest' paintings. I just need a hint please as to what to do next? help
Posted By: texaslady

Re: Arsene Lupin - 04/19/08 02:42 PM

Measure and look at all footprints Chrissie. Click on every painting that was switched too.
Be sure to look at everything in the restoration room.
Did you find black marks on any of the floors? If not, go find them and use the magnifying glass on them. Please look at the ceiling in this area also.

Sue

Re: Arsene Lupin - 04/19/08 02:55 PM

Thank you Sue! Looks like I've overlooked a lot! I'll let you know how I get on. smile

Re: Arsene Lupin - 04/19/08 03:03 PM

The game is really picky about evidence being obtained in this area Chrissie. Don't skip anything!
Enjoy the game!

Sue

Re: Arsene Lupin - 04/19/08 04:21 PM

Thanks again Sue, I've now been able to move onto the next bit to find the paintings. After finding the other evidence it was the footprints that held me up - it doesn't help that the interface gives me motion sickness so I'm trying to get along playing in short bursts with lots of breaks! smile
Posted By: Debbie Kremlick

Re: Arsene Lupin - 04/19/08 05:11 PM

I too had motion sickness from this game. It helps to use the jump feature whenever possible.

Debbie

Re: Arsene Lupin - 04/19/08 06:48 PM

help I'm stuck again, I can't work out the 3rd? clue - something about square & rectangular paintings in all the rooms & from the northern air or similar think My brain just doesn't work like that so another little nudge would be very appreciated! Thanks Debbie - good advice but at the mo I'm having to explore. smile

Trying very hard to avoid looking at the walkthrough!
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Arsene Lupin - 04/19/08 07:11 PM

Hi chrissie,

This is the clue that talks about 6 sides, right? You need to go to the oddly shaped room with the nasty green painting. Count off 6 sides of the room clockwise and look closely at the recessed wall (it has the painting with the dog). Check the lamp on the left very closely.

Re: Arsene Lupin - 04/19/08 08:00 PM

Good hint Rushes!

Sue

Re: Arsene Lupin - 04/19/08 08:08 PM

Thanks Rushes, I have found the next clue. I was thrown off because I tried looking for anything! that had 6 sides & that room has 8! But of course 2 of them are doorways! slapforehead smile

Oh dear! I'm not doing too well - after putting the 9 paintings together I just can't see what word is spelt out - I've tried looking at it from all angles but nothing 'computes'!. If there's any way of giving me a nudge that would be great otherwise the word!. smile

Re: Arsene Lupin - 04/20/08 12:56 AM

Hi again chrissie,

You should be looking to make the letter S. Don't forget that you can turn the pieces around by right-clicking them once picked up! smile

Re: Arsene Lupin - 04/20/08 07:52 AM

Thanks Rushes. I had got the painting arranged on the floor & thought the 'word' was S lol slapforehead It's only just dawned on me that there are other letters in the other clues to make up the word! Now finished there and just starting the next location! smile

I'm stuck again in the curator's office (British Museum) - I've got a piece of paper on which I guess are the clues to opening the safe?? I've looked at the safe combination locks ...crazy
help

Re: Arsene Lupin - 04/20/08 05:47 PM

help No one saw my edit! cry

I know I can post after myself if I go off the page but can I do the same a few hours later?

Re: Arsene Lupin - 04/20/08 06:14 PM

Hi chrissie,

Looking at the piece of paper you'll see a red 15, a red clockwise arrow and a blue counterclockwise arrow. Now go to the safe and turn the central dial's red arrow to red 15. Look closely at the numbers/colours to which the green arrows are now pointing. The safe has 4 dials, one in each corner. You now have to align the numbers to the correct dial, remembering that red is clockwise and blue is counterclockwise. If you need a spoiler, just shout.

I feel dizzy now. lol
Posted By: MaG

Re: Arsene Lupin - 04/20/08 06:34 PM

Don't cry, Chrissie. Rushes is there to help you. You're not ignored.

Re: Arsene Lupin - 04/20/08 07:26 PM

Thank you Rushes, that helped such a lot & I have now 'plundered' safe! smile

Thanks MaG! - but is it okay to 'stack' my post if I want to ask something different a few hours later? smile

Re: Arsene Lupin - 04/20/08 07:35 PM

We prefer that you don't. Usually, we do check past postings and would see when we come back on the forum.
Thanks for asking.

Re: Arsene Lupin - 04/26/08 10:41 AM

I'm at the British Museum & have to find the missing items - so far I've identified rope, pulley & sack in the shed(& possibly a few other items I've forgotten about since last week!). I'm now just wandering around not sure what else to look for? help

Thanks for the reply MaG & I'm so sorry - it couldn't have been a worst day to ask.

Re: Arsene Lupin - 04/26/08 10:53 AM

No problem, chrissie. That's why we're here. smile

At the maintenance room, note that a rope from the table, one of the pulleys from the wall and a soap bar are missing.

Then go outside to the inner courtyard. Go outside, right to the pit and canvas covered bricks. Look close and note that tarpaulin is gone from the middle pile of bricks.
Go to the top left side of the courtyard and enter the shed. Look and see that 2 bags of cement were taken.

After this talk to the architect.

Re: Arsene Lupin - 04/26/08 12:09 PM

Thankyou MaG, it was just the tarpaulin I was missing. smile

help I don't know where to look for the second book - I've been to the bronze door & counted the men & animals. The poem hints at it being within reach of the entrance - is that to the library or the main entrance duh

Re: Arsene Lupin - 04/26/08 12:55 PM

Go to the Egyptian and Babylonian Hall.
Then go right and to the very end wall. See a door there with several levels of pictures.
Count off the level you need based on the 2 clues.
Then deduce the answer from those 2 levels. luck

Re: Arsene Lupin - 04/26/08 01:58 PM

Thanks MaG, I've looked at the door & got two sets of numbers but I can't see how to find the book I need? (I'll probably kick myself!)

Re: Arsene Lupin - 04/26/08 03:09 PM

If you multiply the two numbers together you'll end up with a 4 digit number. You can then use this on the card catalogue system in the Reading room.

Here's the number if you want to double-check:

Click to reveal..
41 soldiers x 36 horses legs = 1476

wave

Re: Arsene Lupin - 04/26/08 03:18 PM

Multiply the numbers! slapforehead I had tried adding them & entering in the card index but never thought to multiply them. Thanks Rushes! thanks

Re: Arsene Lupin - 04/26/08 03:21 PM

I know, that puzzle made me gnash my teeth too! lol You're welcome, chrissie.

Re: Arsene Lupin - 04/26/08 03:42 PM

Great, Chrissie. Just be sure that you read the riddle that Lupin wrote. That will tell you what to do next in solving the puzzle.

Thanks, Rushes.

Re: Arsene Lupin - 04/26/08 04:59 PM

I'm stuck again! I've got the measurement of the plate but not the hill - the riddle says something about taking the sea & placing it on the rocks to make the hill???? Please could I have a little hint as to the hill - after I've measured it I know what to do!! (Methinks! lol)
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Arsene Lupin - 04/26/08 05:07 PM

Chrissie, I think I remember being confused here too.

Have you gone back to the reading room and used the card catalogue machine with these clues?

According to MaG's WT, you need three words. They are
Click to reveal..
sea rocks forest

luck

Re: Arsene Lupin - 04/26/08 06:14 PM

Thanks looney4labs, I would never have thought of doing that! I've now got to swapping the kings around crazy I'm not keen on the puzzle so will sneak a peek at MaG's walkthrough for this! evil
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Arsene Lupin - 04/26/08 06:41 PM

Chrissie, I loved this game, but must admit, I didn't think of doing that either. Mag's WT got through more than one riddle wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community