GB HOMEPAGE

BJ's Rhem 3 The Secret Library

Posted By: Betty Lou

BJ's Rhem 3 The Secret Library - 04/22/08 04:22 PM

I am stuck - in the very beginning at the "cave room" - "room dug out from hill", is this the octagon shaped door up that short flight of steps? I enter there and have gone everywhere I am able to (lots of locked doors here) and cannot find any "table" for that map...am I in the wrong place? Behind the rail car that other door leads to another 'balcony' and 4 more locked doors, but no table....Help me please. I have Knut's w/t.
thanks
Love, Betty Lou
Posted By: MaG

Re: BJ's Rhem 3 The Secret Library - 04/22/08 04:38 PM

Ah, Betty Lou. You already entered through the gate after you talked to Kales.
This cave room is outside still before you entered through the gate Kales opened.
The cave room is on the left side of the rail just before that gate. The right side has a pond.

Re: BJ's Rhem 3 The Secret Library - 04/22/08 05:59 PM

So then I have to go back to that other gate? I went too far?
Love, Betty Lou
P.S. You are very welcome....sad days these are

Re: BJ's Rhem 3 The Secret Library - 04/22/08 06:23 PM

You can't get out anymore through the railtracks.
You will find another way later in the game, so no worries.
Posted By: fisicx

Re: BJ's Rhem 3 The Secret Library - 04/22/08 08:33 PM

This one of the best things about the Rhem games - you can always go back to places you have already visited. If you miss a panel or a switch then simply wander back and take another look.

It is also why it is essential to draw a map as you go along - so that you can find your way back!

Re: BJ's Rhem 3 The Secret Library - 04/22/08 08:39 PM

I am confused - I am at the octogan (green?) door with 4 or 5 stairs, and another doorway to the right of it with all locked doors. I cannot exit the railcar to my left as there is a fence or something blocking me that way. And now you say I cannot go back to find the table with the map. So what CAN I do? I have no codes to unlock any of the doors I am encountering here and so I think I am stuck in a dead-end area....HELP me please and thanks
Love, Betty Lou

Re: BJ's Rhem 3 The Secret Library - 04/22/08 08:44 PM

Betty Lou,

You can also print out Graham's map - here. That will surely help.

Continue the walkthroughon the next heading of metal hatch.
You can skip the Cave room.

Metal Hatch: Exit to the right (from rail car).

See a metal hatch above the metal steps. To the right is another door to the lower level of a 3 level building. We will explore this later.

Press the blue button to open the metal hatch. Go through the pipe. To the left are a tree and a door.

To the right are steps that go to the middle level of the building that has 3 levels and 4 doors on each level. We will explore that part later.

Leaf A - Bird: For now, go left and look close at the tree. Take a gingko leaf from the tree. Hear and note down a bird that warbles a 3 tone signal: long, short, long.

Re: BJ's Rhem 3 The Secret Library - 04/22/08 09:27 PM

Thank you so much Mag for the map and the "proceed" instructions - will come back to this game later today....naptime!
Love, Betty Lou

Re: BJ's Rhem 3 The Secret Library - 04/22/08 09:36 PM

Have a nice rest.

Re: BJ's Rhem 3 The Secret Library - 04/25/08 04:14 PM

Gotta 'nother question - I am at/in Cavern under the Reservoir, at dark/light painting room - when I follow the correct steps as in w/t to 'see' "brief luminous drawing in 2 of the paintings" nothing happens, no changes and I cannot determine what I am doing wrong - should I just go ahead in the game and hope that whatever this action 'triggers' will work anyway? HELP please
Love, Betty Lou

Re: BJ's Rhem 3 The Secret Library - 04/25/08 04:57 PM

Try once more - Go through the step by step even though you didn't see the clues or you might.
Then proceed on. You can refer to what you should see in the wt then. luck

Re: BJ's Rhem 3 The Secret Library - 04/25/08 09:26 PM

Thanks Mag, I had somehow skipped one step in the process of revealing the hidden portion in those pictures....got it now.
Love, Betty Lou

Re: BJ's Rhem 3 The Secret Library - 04/25/08 09:35 PM

That's good that you didn't miss anything. Glad that you saw them. Enjoy the game.

Re: BJ's Rhem 3 The Secret Library - 04/26/08 01:01 AM

Now, I seem to be going around in circles and not getting to my 'goal'...from the dark/light room with 3 paintings I leave that room, check out black/white machines, turn around go back to ladder, go up ladder to top, unlatch door and open it, look out window, press button, and then I get lost...w/t says "turn around and enter newly opened door, go down to cave bldg" but I am not sure I am ending up in the right place...the hatch I end up down in I am supposed to "enter through the hatch", LEFT to ladder but the only ladder I have access to is on my right and when I climb to the top of it I can't open the 'lid'. What am I doing wrong? Thanks
Love, Betty Lou

Re: BJ's Rhem 3 The Secret Library - 04/26/08 01:16 AM

When you are at the window, the door that you just unlatched is behind you.

"turn around and enter newly opened door, go down to cave bldg"

So turn around from the window and enter that same door that you unlatched and go down the ladder back to the cave bldg.
Go from there and have fun.

Re: BJ's Rhem 3 The Secret Library - 04/26/08 05:21 AM

I seem to be 'not getting it'....at window, look out, push button on right which closes door lower level of floating bridge...turn right twice facing unlatched door I entered thru to this window, down steps = "to cave building", where is this? I can't find correct area! From steps/unlatched door with my back to the window, how many steps forward, turn left or right? etc...help me to get there please
Love, Betty Lou
Posted By: Rice burner

Re: BJ's Rhem 3 The Secret Library - 04/26/08 05:54 AM

Betty lou, when you face the window turn around 180 degrees. Go back down the stairs through the door you entered. At the end of the walkway look down, you should see a ladder. Go down the ladder and you should be in the cave building.
Kay

Re: BJ's Rhem 3 The Secret Library - 04/26/08 10:06 AM

The cave area is where you just came from where you did the 4 paintings in the dark room. That whole are is the cave area.

Re: BJ's Rhem 3 The Secret Library - 04/26/08 03:13 PM

OK, and thanks for that tip as I now know where to go from that window - but am making progress in the right direction only inch by inch - I make it all the way out to the dry stone (lower level) thru the hatch under the floats on the floating bridge and there is NO "closed door", have tried this several times and reversed my path back to click the button at the window again and I cannot tell if/when that door is opened or closed...I am doing something wrong, just can't find any closed door with triangles and colored squares drawing...sorry to be such a pain, I am terribly directionally challenged and feel so lost Thanks for the help, and I need another shove in the right direction
Love, Betty Lou

Re: BJ's Rhem 3 The Secret Library - 04/26/08 03:41 PM

Did you enter the correct code left of the window earlier?

You are in the dry reservoir, I think after getting up from the cave area.
Now enter through the door, go left and forward until the ladder to get to another hatch.
Climb and be in the room where there should be a closed door with drawings.

Re: BJ's Rhem 3 The Secret Library - 04/26/08 07:06 PM

Yes, to all the above. And with your patient help I GOT IT! Somehow I was missing the step of going up to another (2nd) level to see the back of that door, found my way there and am now struggling to 'copy' all the books and discover a leaf in this horrible maze of open/closed doors...reminds me of another game I play a couple of years back with 'crystal corridors'? Not sure I am remembering it right, played it and needed step by step directions to stop getting lost....I am sure I will succeed here too, if I can relate where I am to the red/green circles 'map' provided...QUESTION - when I 'copy' a books pages, why don't I see any difference on that lined paper in my inventory? I don't see where the pages are copied to...taking a break for now, lunchtime. See ya later.
Love, Betty Lou

Re: BJ's Rhem 3 The Secret Library - 04/26/08 07:51 PM

Each column in that paper you click the + sign you use to copy is a book. Each bar is a page.
If you know that you aready copied a column/book - try and click on a bar and you should see a page.
If you don't see a page. You must not have pressed the + book sign at bottom right of screen.

Re: BJ's Rhem 3 The Secret Library - 04/26/08 09:49 PM

Aha, there are 2 plus (+) signs - one on the book itself and the one on my lower right screen and that one needs to be clicked on for each and every page.....somehow I missed this during my first attempts to 'copy each page'....glad you pointed this out to me and I am on my way - still in a confused maze, but getting closer to my goal....C ya later
Love, Betty Lou

Re: BJ's Rhem 3 The Secret Library - 04/26/08 10:27 PM

Go, Betty Lou, go! <cheerleader jump>

Re: BJ's Rhem 3 The Secret Library - 04/27/08 12:52 AM

OK, now my brain is completely scrambled! I am missing one page from each of books #1 and #2 and cannot figure out how to set up the cabinet/doors so I can get to them, not even by setting the 'dots' in two different configurations...I always run right into a closed door where I think it should be opened. Please explain which 'dots' I should set at red and which green in that cabinet in order to get back to these 2 books....and thanks
Love, Betty Lou

Re: BJ's Rhem 3 The Secret Library - 04/27/08 01:48 AM

Betty Lou,

I would not know which room would have books 1 and 2. If you have a saved game for some of the rooms during any of the 3 layouts of the library - you can do a run and see which ones.
Then replay your last save and know what layout and what room to go to. luck

Re: BJ's Rhem 3 The Secret Library - 04/27/08 03:13 AM

According to the diagram of the room layout and the 'copied books' on page 15 of the 40 page w/t, book #1 is in the room straight ahead and farthest from the 'start' and book #2 is in the same room - there are 3 books in this room, the one on the left wall from the doorway is book #10. Does this help?
I have not saved after copying each and every book....
Love, Betty Lou

Re: BJ's Rhem 3 The Secret Library - 04/27/08 03:37 AM

I'm sorry. Betty Lou. It's been so long. The best I can say right now, is for you to just run the 3 patterns again and walkthrough and check the books.

Re: BJ's Rhem 3 The Secret Library - 04/27/08 05:01 AM

Betty Lou, do you have a save at the beginning of the library? It might be better to start it again if you do. If you don't I have a save there that I could send you. The library is really tricky and it might help if you consult a second WT to see if you can get your bearings.
Kay

PS Is your email address up to date in your profile?

Re: BJ's Rhem 3 The Secret Library - 04/27/08 06:33 AM

I GOT IT! I decided to close doors by using the 3 diagrams in the w/t, starting with the first one, and finally found the 2 of 3 books I needed one more page from.....finished this 'task' and am now looking for the Octagonal piece - going to bed in a few minutes, tomorrow is another day....thanks for all the help.
Love, Betty Lou

Re: BJ's Rhem 3 The Secret Library - 04/27/08 07:42 AM

Yay BLBJ yay

Re: BJ's Rhem 3 The Secret Library - 05/01/08 03:47 PM

Hi, I've got another question - I am in the "building with rooms" and that map with the blue 'box' in lower right corner.....I think, and hope, that I have 'opened' the right doors as instructed in Mag's excellent w/t but get as far as "(Enter 8; 7 and 6)" and am not sure what that means - have I first opened those 3 doors/gates? If that is what I am supposed to have done then I am doing something wrong because those doors/gates are not all opened! and does it mean that the 'inside button of 5" is available to me from #6 if I can get to it? I'm confused, again grin
Love, Betty Lou

Re: BJ's Rhem 3 The Secret Library - 05/01/08 04:17 PM

If you followed the step by step on that wt chart, you'll see that you:
opened 6 by pressing #4,
closed #8 and press button to opened #7.
Then pressed #1 to open #8.

So then you go through opened 8 and then 7, then 6 and access #5.

Yess - the inner button of #5 is accessed through #6 - see in the map for the red buttons.

Re: BJ's Rhem 3 The Secret Library - 05/01/08 11:54 PM

Thanks Mag, it has only taken me 2-3 days to get thru this openthisdoor/closethisdoor 'puzzle' - but I did it and thanks for your help. My next question is this: which 'balcony' am I supposed to be looking for a 'box with 3 lined A's'? I am not seeing it...you mean the balcony just outside these 4 doors? Or the balcony outside this balcony going outside? There is no 'box' there either....I found that little box with the button inside next to a window inside the east room with no trouble, don't know what it does but turned it to green/blue (?as shown by picture outside window? what picture?, haven't seen that either).
Love, Betty Lou

Re: BJ's Rhem 3 The Secret Library - 05/02/08 01:02 AM

It is the balcony on the map above that shows a hangman cartoon. The open door on the right is the door to the balcony.

Go forward - right and see the window. To the right of that is the box.

Re: BJ's Rhem 3 The Secret Library - 05/02/08 01:09 AM

Aha - thanks Mag....thought I was going blind or losing my mind there for a few minutes! grin thanks much
Love, Betty Lou
OOPSY, you mean that blue door in the 'map room'? I cannot get it open - that small box with the button under the lid, does that open this blue door?

Re: BJ's Rhem 3 The Secret Library - 05/02/08 02:06 AM

Betty Lou,

Are you asking that blue at bottom right of the map? If so, you should have opened that one at end of the close/open door puzzle.

The balcony is at the top room where that man is in the map above. There is a door at right inside that room. That door leads outside and then to the window.

From wt:
Top level balcony - Go to the north room. See a closed door on the right.
Go to the south room and press button of cell door 5. If the door is open, close it by pressing cell door 7's button.
Exit to the balcony, forward and see a box with 3 lined A. Below the box is a blue color pointing to the window.

Re: BJ's Rhem 3 The Secret Library - 05/02/08 04:39 AM

I understand that after making sure cell door 5 is closed (I pressed cell door 7's button and went back to 5 and checked) I went into the map room and that blue door is locked - I cannot get it to open...I must be doing something wrong.
Love, Betty Lou
AHA I see now what I did wrong - after making sure 5 was closed I did not go back and click on #5's button which is the 'trigger' that opens the blue door! Thanks Mag for your patience with me.....eventually things will click into place for me grin

Re: BJ's Rhem 3 The Secret Library - 05/02/08 11:47 AM

Glad you got through. This game has tons of puzzles. smile

Re: BJ's Rhem 3 The Secret Library - 05/08/08 03:10 PM

Yeah, "tons of puzzles" and I cannot seem to get my brain around the 71 abd 70 etc "cabinet" puzzle/s...I am standing in the doorway looking at the sound/hexagon on that wall, and there are 2 or 3 on MY left and one or two on MY right - am I supposed to look at the hexagon diagrams by each and set each one to change the 'boxes' outside to the right (frequency?) - according to the 'pages' I copied in my 'book' (inventory) so I change the #'s? I have been studying the w/t for 3 or 4 days and not "getting it" - I will be gone most of today, will get back to this tonight (maybe) or tomorrow but keep turning the problem over and over in my head and not coming up with a "plan of action" on my part to succeed in solving this 'puzzle' and getting the "key/keys" - any pushes in the right direction will be so greatly appreciated....this game is HARD! and that is even with the walkthrough in my hot little hands!
Love, Betty Lou

Re: BJ's Rhem 3 The Secret Library - 05/08/08 03:35 PM

Betty Lou,

Do this:
Go outside and set A to high frequency 5 (right), B to high frequency 14 (right), C to low frequency 16 (left), D to low frequency 21 (left) and E to high frequency 15 (right). This adds up to 71.

Go back inside the building and press the green button on the bar to measure the total frequency.

If done correctly, the reading on the bar should be 71. Press the orange button and the 71 cabinet will open. Take the key.

Re: BJ's Rhem 3 The Secret Library - 05/09/08 02:58 PM

Thank you - with this explanation (and that map) I finally got myself oriented with the outside 'boxes' and knew what I had to do....am happily on my way to the end of this one and looking forward to another sequel (Rhem 4? maybe?). Thanks Mag
Love, Betty Lou

Re: BJ's Rhem 3 The Secret Library - 05/09/08 03:25 PM

bravo Betty Lou! It is a fun game with loads of puzzle. ye Rhem 4 is coming - he has the plan-layout for it already. smile
© 2024 GameBoomers Community