GB HOMEPAGE

Re: ND haunted carousel, Barnacle game

Posted By: sadirose

Re: ND haunted carousel, Barnacle game - 04/29/08 07:21 PM

I can't do it either! This is the first thing in this game I've had trouble with. Totally frustrated!

This is impossible for people w. poor hand-eye coordination(Me!) Can somebody send me a save? Thanks so much!
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: ND haunted carousel, Barnacle game - 04/29/08 09:58 PM

Sadirose, are you playing Jr or Sr?

Re: ND haunted carousel, Barnacle game - 04/29/08 10:08 PM

Jr. thanks!
Posted By: TLC

Re: ND haunted carousel, Barnacle game - 04/29/08 10:14 PM

Sadi,

If no one has posted behind you and you need to add more info, please use the edit button, instead of stacking the posts. Thank you. smile

Re: ND haunted carousel, Barnacle game - 04/30/08 12:50 AM

I think i need to find a kid to do this game for me. I can't seem to hit more than 1 or 2 at a time. This is the worst game since that eyeball skee ball game in Crystal Skull. This is almost as bad as the horrible rotating rooms in Blackmoor Manor.
And I actually got through those.

Re: ND haunted carousel, Barnacle game - 04/30/08 01:13 AM

sadirose,

I sent out an SOS for a save. wave

Re: ND haunted carousel, Barnacle game - 04/30/08 01:23 AM

Thanks so much!

Re: ND haunted carousel, Barnacle game - 04/30/08 01:29 AM

Sadirose,

You're welcome. It might take a little time. wave
Posted By: Jenny

Re: ND haunted carousel, Barnacle game - 04/30/08 04:34 AM

Sadirose and TLC, I just sent you a save--main problem is that I'm not sure whether it's a junior or senior save!! Just go ahead and try downloading it, hopefully it will work with your game...luck

Re: ND haunted carousel, Barnacle game - 04/30/08 04:40 AM

Thank you, Jenny. kissy wave

Re: ND haunted carousel, Barnacle game - 04/30/08 06:12 AM

You're welcome, TLC...kissy

Re: ND haunted carousel, Barnacle game - 04/30/08 12:17 PM

Thank you so much! I'll be looking for it.

Haunted Carousel--Paper yoyo from prize machine? - 04/30/08 12:56 PM

When Nancy calls the Hardys and Bess & George they tell her to use the seahorse token & get the paper yoyo from the prize machine. OK--what do you do with it? Thanks!

Re: Haunted Carousel--Paper yoyo from prize machine? - 04/30/08 01:13 PM

Sadirose, are you asking where you put the seahorse token, or what to do with the yo yo?

If the seahorse token, it goes in the token machine--it might be called the Prize O Matic.

If the yo-yo, you use it to get something a bit later in the game. wave

Help Installing Saves? - 04/30/08 04:08 PM

I have the instructions for saves,but cannot complete download. Everything goes as it should,but then I get a message stating the save can't be downloaded from aol. Is there something I should be disabling from Windows? Some kind of blocker? thanks for any help.

Re: Help Installing Saves? - 04/30/08 04:18 PM

Sadirose, hmmmmm, sounds like perhaps AOL is blocking the file. Do you remember exactly what it said?

Also, you could have a setting somewhere that doesn't allow certain types of files to be downloaded.

Do you have an alternate email?

Re: Help Installing Saves? - 04/30/08 08:36 PM

When I try to open the file,it asks me if I want to open. When I click yes it keeps asking me over & over but never op4ens.

Re: Help Installing Saves? - 04/30/08 08:38 PM

Sometimes you have to save it first.

Can you save it to your desktop and then click on it to open from there?
Posted By: misa

Re: Help Installing Saves? - 04/30/08 08:41 PM

No, you don't want to open it. You want to save it to your computer first and then move it to the appropriate saved game folder of whatever game you're playing.

Re: Help Installing Saves? - 04/30/08 08:42 PM

Sadirose,

When you click to download, choose "save" not open. smile I used to use AOL and never had it block me from downloading a save. headscratch wave

Re: Help Installing Saves? - 04/30/08 08:43 PM

thanks misa

thanks TLC

Re: Help Installing Saves? - 04/30/08 08:44 PM

You're welcome, L4L. wave

Re: Help Installing Saves? - 04/30/08 11:02 PM

Thanks,everyone! Saved it to Haunted Carousel folder,started up game & there it was.

Re: Help Installing Saves? - 04/30/08 11:09 PM

Sadirose,

yay Have fun with the rest of the game. wave

Re: Help Installing Saves? - 04/30/08 11:15 PM

I certainly intend to. Does anyone know why I can't get Miles to isten to the harmonica? have brought it to Joy's office--she's busy. Have played tune--ND says that sounds right--should play it for Miles--but I can't get Miles to react. Thanks for any help.

Re: Help Installing Saves? - 04/30/08 11:19 PM

Sadirose,

When I get stuck in games, I go off and see if there are other things to do, then go back and try again. luck wave
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Help Installing Saves? - 04/30/08 11:40 PM

sadirose, make sure you play just the first 8 notes: AEDEFEAE, otherwise Miles won't react. On your way to Joy's office, did you receive the tannoy message to go see Harlan?

Re: Help Installing Saves? - 05/01/08 12:23 AM

I've got it now--I neglected to use the tissue & tape first. Now I'm trying to figure out how to use the paper yoyo to get the letter. Thanks for any help!

Re: Help Installing Saves? - 05/01/08 01:02 AM

Are you really wanting a hint about the yoyo, Sadirose? If so
Click to reveal..
just take the yoyo out of inventory and click it on the paper up in the rafters--I think that will knock the paper down

Re: Help Installing Saves? - 05/01/08 01:04 AM

I just can't seem to get the stupid yoyo to do anything.

Re: Help Installing Saves? - 05/01/08 01:58 AM

There is probably something else that needs to be done, Sadirose. These Nancy Drew games won't let you go on and open a safe (just as an example) until you've found the clue as to the combination, so even if you know what it is from a walkthrough, you can't use it right away.

There may be something that needs to be done yet--I suggest that you read through the walkthrough up to this point, to be sure you've done everything....luck
Posted By: Retired at last

Re: Help Installing Saves? - 05/01/08 02:45 AM

Jenny posted
Quote:
There is probably something else that needs to be done, Sadirose.

or maybe not done!
Sadirose did you find a blue remote control after going down the stairs from the opening of the trap door. If so don't play with the button(s) don't remember if there is more than one. This will, for some reason or other, prevent you from getting the letter you see as you are going back up the stairs. Hope this helps - been a while since I played the game and I can't load it up because I loaned all my ND games to the grand-daughter of a friend of mine.
Anyway luck I'm sure you'll get it sorted out.

RAL wave

Re: Help Installing Saves? - 05/01/08 01:15 PM

Finally did it & finished the game! Thanks everyone for all the help! I love this forum!

Finished the game! Thanks,all for your help! I cou;ld not have gotten through it without your save,Jenny! You people have saved my sanity over and over! I love this forum!
Posted By: MaG

Re: Help Installing Saves? - 05/01/08 01:37 PM

Glad you got through and have finished.

Glad too that you love th forum.
Happy gaming!

--------
2 threads merged.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community