GB HOMEPAGE

Sinking Island-Can't get Jack to get the knife

Posted By: greykitty

Sinking Island-Can't get Jack to get the knife - 09/14/08 05:06 AM

I'am in the kitchen at the top left drawer next to dishwasher to get the knife. The hot spot lights up but I can't get Jack to open the drawer and get the knife! I was in Walter's office drawer and realized i did'nt have a knife and I returned to the kitchen to get one,I don't get it? can I get a save at this point?
Posted By: TLC

Re: Sinking Island-Can't get Jack to get the knife - 09/14/08 06:40 AM

Greykitty,

I haven't played the game yet. We'll have to wait for help. wave
Posted By: Volkana

Re: Sinking Island-Can't get Jack to get the knife - 09/14/08 10:10 AM

greykitty in which candidate are you? Maybe i have a save game if you run XP wave
Posted By: MaG

Re: Sinking Island-Can't get Jack to get the knife - 09/14/08 02:24 PM

I think that as soon as you click - the knife might be in inventory already. Please check the inventory.
It should be the drawer - first on the left at back wall.

Re: Sinking Island-Can't get Jack to get the knife - 09/14/08 04:26 PM

I checked the inventory,but the knife is not in there. The drawer will highlight and when I click on the drawer,Jack just stand there and the drawer will not open. Volkana,in response to your question,I'am using 2nd profile and the adventure mode. I do run xp.
Posted By: MaG

Re: Sinking Island-Can't get Jack to get the knife - 09/14/08 06:08 PM

Jackie,

Let's wait for Volkana for the saved game. I played the game all over the place and didn't tag them.
Posted By: JeanneM

Re: Sinking Island-Can't get Jack to get the knife - 09/14/08 07:57 PM

I gather you know that there are 2 sides to the PPA - left for inventory .. right (big side) for the evidence organizer?

Re: Sinking Island-Can't get Jack to get the knife - 09/15/08 02:42 PM

Yes,I'am aware of the two sides.
Posted By: Sam R

Re: Sinking Island-Can't get Jack to get the knife - 09/21/08 11:04 PM

This isn't an ideal answer, but for what it's worth, I didn't need either the knife or the clue that was in the drawer to finish the game. The clue wasn't directly used in solving any mandate, it wasn't needed in any conversations to obtain other clues, and the knife was only used one time (on that drawer).

So, if you feel like you're stalled because of the knife, you could just go on playing. You'll basically just be missing a piece of "window dressing" that adds to the atmosphere of the game but isn't necessary for solving the mystery.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community