GB HOMEPAGE

SH: Silver earring-- costume room

Posted By: Kathy2

SH: Silver earring-- costume room - 01/07/09 10:35 PM

I'm trying to get SH to say that the artillery uniform is missing and all he says is something else. If I leave the room to go back by Doris' dressing room, he says he has to investcat more. I need help to get back to Doris so I can get backstage. Can you help Please.
Kathy2
Posted By: MaG

Re: SH: Silver earring-- costume room - 01/08/09 01:03 AM

Kathy,

Be sure that you have taken and read the costume inventory.
Posted By: carlahelp

Re: SH: Silver earring-- costume room - 01/08/09 01:45 PM

I cannot understand how to find and read the reports of the results of the in the notebook's reports page. Ineed help just to read them

Carla

Re: SH: Silver earring-- costume room - 01/08/09 02:58 PM

CArla,

Click on the notebook seen left of the inventory bar at the bottom of the screen.
You will then see it on big screen.
See tabs that separates the notebook to: dialogue-testimony page (Sherlock with witness), reports-evidence page, documents page and the map page.
Open one of those tabs to read what are in there.
The 'turn to another page' is an ornate curlique. I think they are on top of the page (can't really recall).

Re: SH: Silver earring-- costume room - 01/08/09 03:20 PM

I'm Sorry but I still cannot get these pages to come up. I got to the quiz page which gave instructions how to but I can't get the questions to show.. I see no way to turn a page nor any ornate curlique.

Re: SH: Silver earring-- costume room - 01/08/09 04:39 PM

Carla,

Check this screenshot.
See the ornate lines on the right page. The bottom one is sort of an arrow to move the page down. Click on that and more info can be seen.

There are the tabs at the bottom of the notebook. Click those tabs to go to different parts of the notebook:(left to right) dialogue-testimony page (Sherlock with witness), reports-evidence page, documents page and the map page.

As for the question to show, be sure that you have finished the chapter for the quiz to show.

Re: SH: Silver earring-- costume room - 01/08/09 07:09 PM

Mag,
I have the Guacayamo in the notebook, I took the costumes Inventory. I don't see it in the notebook. I clicked on the open book on the table. were do I find the costumes list in the notebook. I'm going back and try again. Let you know what happens. thanks
Kathy2

Re: SH: Silver earring-- costume room - 01/08/09 08:48 PM

Is it in inventory? Then see if there's a read or right click as a label.
luck

Re: SH: Silver earring-- costume room - 01/08/09 11:56 PM

Hey, Hey, MaG,

Thank you so much. I was about ready to give up on this game but as uaual you saved my sanity. You are great.

Carla
Posted By: TLC

Re: SH: Silver earring-- costume room - 01/09/09 12:20 AM

I'm glad MaG saved your sanity, Carla. wave

Re: SH: Silver earring-- costume room - 01/09/09 01:46 AM

yay Carla. Enjoy!

Re: SH: Silver earring-- costume room - 01/09/09 11:00 PM

I am stuck with Marty and the dog. When I follow Marty, I get around the building but then there are no footprints to make me get to the wheelbarrow. I get almost there then won't move anymore. Help!
Why do I have that little red mad face beside this game?

Carla
Posted By: Rushes

Re: SH: Silver earring-- costume room - 01/09/09 11:15 PM

This part of the game is tricky, perhaps adjust Holmes' positioning once he turns the corner of the warehouse so that the footprints appear to get you safely to the wheelbarrow. Or perhaps you are already at the correct spot, as far as Holmes will go - have you tried making a dash for the office door as soon as the dog passes the lamp post?

Edit: The mad red face is from Kathy's first post on the thread. wink

Re: SH: Silver earring-- costume room - 01/10/09 01:29 PM

Thanks Rushes,

I finally did it. Now I'm trying to get the fire part. Wish me luck.

Carla

Re: SH: Silver earring-- costume room - 01/10/09 01:36 PM

Great, Carla! Good luck with putting that fire out.

Re: SH: Silver earring-- costume room - 01/10/09 05:32 PM

Mag,
I found it and finished the game. It was a great ending too. Thanks for your help with all my game so far.
Kathy2

Re: SH: Silver earring-- costume room - 01/10/09 07:03 PM

bravo You're welcome - glad you enjoyed it.

Re: SH: Silver earring-- costume room - 01/14/09 12:55 AM

MaG,

How many times did you try to put out the fire before you finally did it? I can't seem to get Sherlock to move fast enough half of the time.The last time (my seventh try) I got to the fire the ran out of time just before I could use the water. Are there any tips that I can use to make him move a little faster?

carlahelp

Re: SH: Silver earring-- costume room - 01/14/09 01:51 AM

Carla,

I think I stopped counting when I have pulled all of my hair.
I wrote down how many steps and try to recall where to turn. Even that gets me turned around.

You want a saved game?

Re: SH: Silver earring-- costume room - 01/14/09 02:00 AM

I think I'll try a few more times. Really I don't know how to get the save in my saves. The other times I got saves, my granddaughter did them for me. She's away at college so I can't ask her to do it this time.

Thanks,

Carla

Re: SH: Silver earring-- costume room - 01/14/09 02:18 AM

luck and I laud your adventure spirit.

Re: SH: Silver earring-- costume room - 01/15/09 06:30 PM

MaG,

Please send me a save for the fire and explain how to use.

Carlahelp!!!!!

Re: SH: Silver earring-- costume room - 01/15/09 06:48 PM

Hi Carla,

I have a save for the fire. Will send it to you now, with instructions. wave

Re: SH: Silver earring-- costume room - 01/15/09 06:53 PM

Thanks Rushes,appreciate it.

Re: SH: Silver earring-- costume room - 01/15/09 07:02 PM

You're welcome. smile

Re: SH: Silver earring-- costume room - 01/15/09 07:28 PM

I can't get the save into my other ones. It says to put in the file name but won't accept any name I have put in. I got it onto my desktop but can't seem to get any further. I'm sorry.

Re: SH: Silver earring-- costume room - 01/15/09 07:51 PM

What is your last numbered save game in your folder, Carla? I'll rename the file for you this end and then re-send.

Re: SH: Silver earring-- costume room - 01/15/09 08:02 PM

My last numbered game is 0016. Hope this works.

Over to you.

Re: SH: Silver earring-- costume room - 01/15/09 08:05 PM

Thanks. I've renumbered the file to 0017 and am e-mailing it to you now. All you need do is put straight into your game folder. luck

Re: SH: Silver earring-- costume room - 01/15/09 08:49 PM

Me again.

I got the save in with my saves now but it doesn,t show up up when I start and load the game. I'm still at 0016.

I am getting a good lesson only I don't seem to learn.

Re: SH: Silver earring-- costume room - 01/15/09 08:54 PM

Perhaps the saves are in date order. Have you scrolled through all of your saves within the game load screen, to check? Try looking at the very beginning.

Re: SH: Silver earring-- costume room - 01/16/09 12:51 AM

Thanks to you Rushes, I finally finished. It was a great game, but I suspected Herrington from the beginning. Not Jeffries though because they snuck him as someone else. I could not have done it without you moderators. Again, thanks.

Now I have a question.
If I uninstall this game will the save I got from you be lost?
Another question.
Are there any more Sherlock games that are like this one? I have The Lost Cases and The Persian Carpets.

Carla

Re: SH: Silver earring-- costume room - 01/16/09 01:02 AM

Carla,

I don't know about the saves - but what you can do is make a folder; name it Silver Earring saves; copy your saved games and place it in there. Then keep that saves folder.

Then you can uninstall.

The Lost Cases and Persian Carpet are casual games - not old style adventure ones.

Have you played the other Sherlock Holmes in the series: Mystery of the Mummy, Sherlock 3 and 4?

Re: SH: Silver earring-- costume room - 01/16/09 01:26 AM

Thanks you, Mag

I am learning how to do a lot of things now that I had to get my granddaughter to do before. You people are wonderful at explaining things and so patient with us. I am going to try the others.Thanks again.

Carla

Re: SH: Silver earring-- costume room - 01/16/09 05:00 PM

Your saved games should automatically remain on your hard drive, Carla - at least, mine did after I uninstalled, the last time I played the game. smile

Glad you finished and had fun with it! yay
© 2024 GameBoomers Community