GB HOMEPAGE

echo secrets of the lost cavern

Posted By: lorrapaw

echo secrets of the lost cavern - 04/01/09 11:41 AM

How do i solve the handprint puzzle in one of the caves?
Posted By: MaG

Re: echo secrets of the lost cavern - 04/01/09 11:52 AM

The handprints have starburst at bottom and on right side. Clicking on them turns the column or the rows of the handprints. Clicking on the bottommost handprints selects that handprint.

So you try to turn the handrpint you want to go up using the starburst.
Then select the column where you want the handprint to light up by clicking the bottom row print. luck

Re: echo secrets of the lost cavern - 04/02/09 08:57 AM

Im stuck at the cave labyrynth i got to the handprint cave before but must have forgot to save it. now i cant get to it at all even with walkthrough

Can anyone show me a simplified version of the handprint puzzle as ive tried it with both walkthroughs and i cant do it.
Posted By: LizzieK

Re: echo secrets of the lost cavern - 04/02/09 11:52 AM

Echo – hands climbing up wall puzzle

Label the rows 1 – 8 from top to bottom.
Label the columns A – E from left to right.

This is a solution working from the bottom up.
Click on the scene anywhere to activate the puzzle.

Click on the control for column C three times.
Click on the red hand in column C row 8. This anchors the path.
Click on the control for column B twice.

Click on the control for row 7 once.
Click on the control for row 6 twice.
Click on the control for row 4 three times.
Click on the control for row 3 once.
Click on the control for row 1 once.
The puzzle will be solved.

Good luck!

Re: echo secrets of the lost cavern - 04/02/09 12:34 PM

Thanks, Lizzie.

lorrapaw, Please do not stack your postings. Hope Lizzie's help works for you. There are several pictures in the walkthroughs.

Re: echo secrets of the lost cavern - 04/03/09 09:56 AM

Thanks for that I got it but I'm now totally stuck at stag puzzle and the walkthrough is not very explanatory.
Posted By: Rushes

Re: echo secrets of the lost cavern - 04/03/09 12:06 PM

Hi lorrapaw,

I changed your post from all caps, as it's difficult to read and in internet language means you are shouting at us. smile

For the stag puzzle, first make sure that all the stags & the little man are the same colour.

Dave McB gave great advice from another ECHO thread on how to change the colours:
There is a funny thing that happens when you are trying to change the colour of the stags and when you are changing their positions. When you click on one stag, you change it and the ones on either side of it. So, if you want to change (either the colour or position) of a particular stag (or the little man), click on the stag to its left.

The stags should be positioned so that they appear to give the visual effect of running through the water. Click on the arrows above the stags to change their positions.

From the walkthrough: Note that front hooves should be in the water when entering the water and the back hooves should be in the water when exiting the water. Also note the position of the heads while in the water - some are craning forward, trying to be above water or getting ready to be out of water.

So, begin with the stag across to the far right, and work gradually left, adjusting just a couple of stags at a time. Test your progress by clicking on the double arrow above the 3rd stag on the right wall. If the stags begin to gallop then you know their positionings are correct. If nothing happens, or if the stags stop after only a few paces, then you will need to adjust at that point.

luck and let us know how you get on.

Re: echo secrets of the lost cavern - 04/03/09 02:17 PM

Thanks but im still struggling could anyone send me a save for this?

Re: echo secrets of the lost cavern - 04/03/09 03:17 PM

There are some saved games HERE to choose from. #9 is likely the one you need to get you out of the cave and into the valley.

Re: echo secrets of the lost cavern - 04/04/09 08:47 AM

I cant get the saves to open can you tell me what im doing wrong

Re: echo secrets of the lost cavern - 04/04/09 11:11 AM

The files are in zipped format, so once you've saved the one you need to your desktop, right-click and select Extract. Place the unzipped file on your desktop, renumber as necessary and copy & paste across into your game folder. luck

Re: echo secrets of the lost cavern - 04/04/09 01:38 PM

I cant get this to work as i dont know where my game folder is

Re: echo secrets of the lost cavern - 04/04/09 02:53 PM

Are you using XP or Vista?

If XP, then try here: C:\Program Files\The Adventure Company\ECHO

If Vista, check your Documents folder.

luck

Re: echo secrets of the lost cavern - 04/04/09 04:20 PM

XP

Re: echo secrets of the lost cavern - 04/04/09 08:51 PM

Hope you found the game folder.

Re: echo secrets of the lost cavern - 04/05/09 12:49 PM

I got all that> but i cant find the animal fat that is supposed to be near Tika

Re: echo secrets of the lost cavern - 04/05/09 12:57 PM

Exit Tika's alcove and turn left. You'll see the next alcove. The animal fat will be close to the lit trough just to your left.

Re: echo secrets of the lost cavern - 04/06/09 09:55 AM

Thanks but i cant solve the broken tablet puzzle is there anywhere to lay tablets that are in the way so you can link pieces together

Re: echo secrets of the lost cavern - 04/06/09 10:57 AM

Yes, pieces you don't need can be temporarily moved to the black rock in the centre, near the top. luck

Re: echo secrets of the lost cavern - 04/06/09 11:26 AM

I cant find this rock

Re: echo secrets of the lost cavern - 04/06/09 11:30 AM

It's a dark patch at the top centre of the area you are working in. Perhaps you have already placed a piece there without realising. I believe you can only place one piece at a time in that spot.

Re: echo secrets of the lost cavern - 04/06/09 12:03 PM

Thanks but where can i find the skin that has to be wettened to clean wall?

Re: echo secrets of the lost cavern - 04/06/09 01:03 PM

While facing that broken tablet puzzle, turn left and see the rock that has the resin, pigment and skin.

Re: echo secrets of the lost cavern - 04/07/09 07:44 AM

I am below bull shadow now but i cant get my brush to go in black pigment. My pallette is too near bottom screen so brush wont come down far enoug to get into black pigment. I have already put gnarly branch there.

Re: echo secrets of the lost cavern - 04/07/09 12:53 PM

Maybe you should try to change your screen resolution.

Re: echo secrets of the lost cavern - 04/07/09 01:25 PM

I tried that but it didnt work

Re: echo secrets of the lost cavern - 04/07/09 02:18 PM

I don't know what to tell you. Can you not click the tip of the brush or the hand holding the brush on the pallete. If you can see it, that hand cursor might get there - try.

Re: echo secrets of the lost cavern - 04/07/09 03:03 PM

Ive tried repeatedly but it gost past the black and i cant get brush down past that on screen. I tried to change pc screen resolution to no avail. I tried the option on the game but i couldnt see anything to let me try this. Im so upset as i was loving the game.

Re: echo secrets of the lost cavern - 04/07/09 03:21 PM

Did you manage to get that save to work for you earlier in the game? Perhaps you could download a save after this puzzle, to allow you to continue the game. The save link is on page 1 of this thread. smile

Re: echo secrets of the lost cavern - 04/07/09 03:40 PM

The saves didnt work for some reason

Re: echo secrets of the lost cavern - 04/08/09 09:16 AM

Can anyone send me an individual save for after this puzzle as im having trouble getting the saves to open and work.

Re: echo secrets of the lost cavern - 04/08/09 12:46 PM

The fresco tablet pieces done saved game is sent.

Re: echo secrets of the lost cavern - 04/08/09 02:12 PM

I am not sure what you mean. I was trying to get a save for after the bull painting as i cant get my brush to work in pallate

Re: echo secrets of the lost cavern - 04/08/09 02:49 PM

Oh - I sent you the broken tablet, ma'am. So sorry.

I don't have a saved game here.

Re: echo secrets of the lost cavern - 04/09/09 02:31 PM

Can anyone send me a save for after the bull painting with pallate.

Re: echo secrets of the lost cavern - 04/09/09 02:57 PM

Does the link on the first page that Rushes posted not have any saved game for you?

Re: echo secrets of the lost cavern - 04/10/09 07:54 AM

Yes it does but i cant seem to open these files

Re: echo secrets of the lost cavern - 04/10/09 08:37 AM

lorrapaw, I just downloaded save 21 for you from the website linked to. I believe it's where you are at in the game. I've unzipped it and have e-mailed it across to you with instructions. If you would prefer a later save just let me know. luck

Echo and saved games - 04/20/09 11:01 AM

I have been trying recently to get saved games opened and get past a certain point in game. But i cant seem to get it to work could this be as i just downloaded the full game from bigfish games it was not a bought and manually installed game.

Re: Echo and saved games - 04/20/09 12:05 PM

I merged your two threads, lorrapaw. I would have thought that the saves would be compatible - other members have previously used saves for full downloaded games with no problems.

Did you find your game folder with all your saves? Did you renumber the file that was sent to you? Make sure it follows the exact same format as all the other files in the folder. If the game locates saves by date order then you may need to scroll through all your saves in the in-game load screen to find the new one.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community