GB HOMEPAGE

The Awakened - Sherlock Holmes

Posted By: kdj

The Awakened - Sherlock Holmes - 06/03/09 12:08 AM

I'm stuck in the cell at Black Edelweiss in Switzerland. It is the door lock puzzle. When I click on the numbers, the spoon (used to pry open the door) turns up and down. Does that have any bearing on anything?
When I click and hold on a number (suppose to be in sequence, 1 through 10) the numbers will not move. I CAN pick them up and move them backwards (10 down to 1) but that does not open the door.
Thanks for your help!
kdj
Posted By: MaG

Re: The Awakened - Sherlock Holmes - 06/03/09 01:45 AM

To use the spoon on a number, you click the spoon on the number -hold it and move it (number and spoon) to the outside part at right side so it is outside the tube.
Then slide it in the tube you want to place it in.

Re: The Awakened - Sherlock Holmes - 06/03/09 09:31 PM

I clicked on the spoon, held, but the spoon doesn't move so it won't drag to a number.
Thanks for more help!
Posted By: Rushes

Re: The Awakened - Sherlock Holmes - 06/03/09 10:27 PM

Hi kdj,

Leave the spoon where it is, you only need use your cursor to move the numbers. smile Remove one number at a time from the main row by click-holding and dragging from left to right out of the row, then placing on any of the other rows as a holding spot. Note that these holding rows only allow numbers to be placed in a sequence, they cannot be placed randomly. The top and lowest rows only allow one number to be placed there.

Once you have cleared the main row, you can then begin replacing the numbers, starting with #1 through to #10, so you should plan ahead when placing numbers in the holding rows so that the lower numbers can be accessed first.

luck

Re: The Awakened - Sherlock Holmes - 06/03/09 10:30 PM

Got out of the cell!! Now there is a new problem...
Earlier in the game when Holmes pretends to be Amos Colby, is in the examining room, leans forward on the table and is suppose to take the sedative and the syringe with the sedative and use it on the glass of water...
I did not know to do this and the game went on it's own to Holmes waking up in the cell, like a cut scene.
Now, I need the sedative to put in the syringe and don't have it.
A walkthrough said it would not interfere with the game,
but does it? I won't be able to sedate the nurse.
What to do?
Thanks.
kdj

Re: The Awakened - Sherlock Holmes - 06/03/09 10:38 PM

You can return to the examination room and pick up the sedative. Turn right out of the cell and follow the passageway around, at one point to your right you'll come to an open archway. Through the archway and around to your left you'll see some steps - at the top of the steps is the examination room.

Re: The Awakened - Sherlock Holmes - 06/03/09 11:29 PM

Thank you, Rushes. blush

Re: The Awakened - Sherlock Holmes - 06/07/09 06:50 PM

Thank you Rushes and MaG for your help!
New question same game...Holmes and Watson are in New Orleans, French Quarter, Arneson's house, Master bedroom.
I can't get the safe to reveal it's self. I have gone over the steps twice, and even started over for this point, and no safe. Where is the safe? I have searched the room many times. Could it be revealed and I just don't see it? Is it that circular thing up in the bed canopy? How do you get up there?
If it won't reveal itself, should I just go on in the game?
Thank you.

Re: The Awakened - Sherlock Holmes - 06/07/09 07:30 PM

That safe will automatically be shown when you have clicked on ALL active spots inside and outside the house.
Double check outside and the path going to the pier at the back of the house. Maybe you missed something there. luck
Also maybe check off the walkthrough and see if you clicked on all of them.

Re: The Awakened - Sherlock Holmes - 06/07/09 09:12 PM

THANK YOU!!!

Re: The Awakened - Sherlock Holmes - 06/08/09 12:24 AM

luck

Re: The Awakened - Sherlock Holmes - 06/08/09 09:39 PM

I checked everything 3 more times. Still no safe. One thing I noticed is that my flower names do not match. The walkthrough says to get Incan Lily, Bluebell and White Lily.
I have the Bluebell, a white Lily (although in items it does not say White Lily) and in items, the other Lily does not say Incan but I think it says Peruvian Lily but definetely not Incan.
I went passed the flowers several times and the hand does not appear to pick more flowers. Is the pier behind the house beyond the mosquito swarm? Do you go through and past the swarm? The walkthrough said to turn back.

Thanks!

Re: The Awakened - Sherlock Holmes - 06/08/09 10:00 PM

The flowers that you have sound as though they are correct. You will not be able to get past the mosquitos just yet, but yes, the pier is beyond that swarm. smile Would you like a saved game sending to you with the safe revealed?

Re: The Awakened - Sherlock Holmes - 06/08/09 10:02 PM

That would be great! I do not remember how that is done. Would you send saved game and how to use it?
Thank you!!

Re: The Awakened - Sherlock Holmes - 06/08/09 10:08 PM

Just had a thought - are you playing the original version, or the Remaster? My save is for the original game and won't be compatible with the Remastered.

Re: The Awakened - Sherlock Holmes - 06/08/09 10:18 PM

Not sure how to tell but do these things tell you anything?
On the back of the booklet that comes with the game - 2007 CDV Software Entertainment.
On the box - Sherlock Holmes: Awakened MXB, CDV USA, CDV00090.
Windows 2000/XP/Vista

Re: The Awakened - Sherlock Holmes - 06/08/09 10:23 PM

It should say on the box cover if it is Remastered. We might be ok in that case. I'll send the save across to you now, check your e-mail in a little while (the file is a biggie). smile

Edit: You'll need to update your profile with your public e-mail address, or PM me with the info if you prefer, thanks

Re: The Awakened - Sherlock Holmes - 06/08/09 10:30 PM

It does not say Remastered.
I noticed in my profile I do not have a public e-mail so how do I PM you?

Re: The Awakened - Sherlock Holmes - 06/08/09 10:33 PM

Click on my user name and select "Send a PM".

Re: The Awakened - Sherlock Holmes - 06/08/09 10:39 PM

Did I send PM correctly?

Re: The Awakened - Sherlock Holmes - 06/08/09 10:42 PM

You sure did - the save's on its way to you now.

Re: The Awakened - Sherlock Holmes - 06/08/09 10:54 PM

Thank you! I will do my best! Your instructions are very good! I'll let you know how it goes.

Re: The Awakened - Sherlock Holmes - 06/08/09 10:56 PM

Good luck & fingers crossed it gets you up and running again!

Re: The Awakened - Sherlock Holmes - 06/09/09 01:04 AM

I did copy the save to the desk top. I did unzip/extract.
I right clicked on the picture with 27 under it. I renumbered it 28. Is this right so far? Then I found the C:/Program/Files/Focus/Frogwares/The Awakened (in My Computer )
I looked in all of the files but don't know how to copy the save and to where exactly.
Thanks!

Re: The Awakened - Sherlock Holmes - 06/09/09 01:39 AM

Just to clarify - what is the last number of the saved games when you opened the save folder that is inside the Awakened folder?

The number you relabel the picture sent to you that is on desktop should be the number after the one that is in the save folder.

Then keep the saved game folder opened.
Click-hold-drop the correctly renumbered picture file sent to you inside the opened saved game folder. luck

Re: The Awakened - Sherlock Holmes - 06/09/09 01:47 AM

I must not be looking in the right places.
I opened local disc c, program files, Focus&CDV, Frogwares,The Awakened, then there is a long list: data, resource, Frogwares, Frogwares, game icon home icon, manual etc. There are no saves games in this list of choices. There was no saved folder inside
The Awakened folder.
Still hoping to figure this out. Thanks!

Re: The Awakened - Sherlock Holmes - 06/09/09 01:51 AM

Ah.
Try this:
C:\Documents and Settings\computer's name\Application Data\Games folder.

See if you find the Awakened folder in there.
See if it is also has 'remastered' label.

Re: The Awakened - Sherlock Holmes - 06/09/09 01:57 AM

Sorry, where do I find the above mentioned folder? The first one C:/

Re: The Awakened - Sherlock Holmes - 06/09/09 02:03 AM

Open My Computer and then C drive.

Re: The Awakened - Sherlock Holmes - 06/09/09 02:14 AM

OK! Whew! I went My Comp., C Drive, My Doc. (owner), Games, The Awakened, and inside there are 5 saves.
So, Do I now right click on the jpg and number it or title it
save 6 ?
WAS I suppose to click on Copy This File?
Or use edit to copy and paste? I used edit and it copied it as Awakened Safe - NOT - save 6

Re: The Awakened - Sherlock Holmes - 06/09/09 02:36 AM

What is the last number of that last saved game?
Then renumber the sent one to be the next number.
Be careful of spaces and cases.
No - don't use 'edit'.
The best would be click-hold the renumbered file and then release the mouse inside the saved game folder.

Then close all folders and play-load as usual.

Re: The Awakened - Sherlock Holmes - 06/09/09 02:50 AM

OK and thanks. The last saved game is titled save 5. Did as you said and it is there in the game folder as save 6
Thanks so much. I have to get up at 5 am for work so trying it out will have to wait till tomorrow.
Thank you Thank you!

Re: The Awakened - Sherlock Holmes - 06/09/09 03:12 AM

sleep well.

Re: The Awakened - Sherlock Holmes - 06/10/09 12:49 AM

ahem...doesn't anyone else have to get up at 5 am?

Mag, It saved, it loaded and now I'm back in England. The swamp was fun. Just hope there is no more Switzerland!
I printed the instructions you gave me so if there is another time to load a saved game I'll be able to!
Please know that your help is greatly appreciated as is all of the help from everyone on your staff! You keep us all going. Thanks so much!

Re: The Awakened - Sherlock Holmes - 06/10/09 01:59 AM

Great! Glad you enjoyed New Orleans! No more asylum... laugh
Posted By: DaisyDell

Re: The Awakened - Sherlock Holmes - 06/10/09 11:32 AM

The Awakened - Sherlock Holmes

Just purchased this game on the internet and am sure it was one of the original releases as there wasn't even an "exe." file to launch. Thanks to GB, I was sent to the right place to download the latest patch. I have now played the game on Vista and enjoyed it very much (no glitches). So, if any of you can't get your copy to launch on Vista or other Windows versions, GB has a list of places to find the patch.

Thanks again GB for your great help.

Re: The Awakened - Sherlock Holmes - 06/10/09 01:56 PM

Thanks for the tip, Daisy.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community