GB HOMEPAGE

Return to mysterious island 2 demo

Posted By: HEAVEN3211

Return to mysterious island 2 demo - 06/13/09 10:18 AM

I am playing the demo, I was wondering about how to help Mina escape the tiger as a monkey. what am I suppose to do
Posted By: birddog

Re: Return to mysterious island 2 demo - 06/13/09 11:44 AM

Go get the hornets nest.

Re: Return to mysterious island 2 demo - 06/13/09 11:49 AM

How do I protect myself from the hornets

Re: Return to mysterious island 2 demo - 06/13/09 12:49 PM

Just take a stick and get the hornets nest - take it to tiger. That's all you have to do.
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Return to mysterious island 2 demo - 06/13/09 01:13 PM

Thanks, birddog.

Re: Return to mysterious island 2 demo - 06/13/09 06:55 PM

I keep getting killed by the hornets than there is the message after I get killed that says Jep needs to protect himself

Re: Return to mysterious island 2 demo - 06/14/09 12:40 AM

I swear the first time I did it all I needed was the stick. I have played again and I keep getting killed by the hornets. Very strange. Also I cant get the nuts to open up like I first did.
Posted By: marie389

Re: Return to mysterious island 2 demo - 06/14/09 01:38 AM

I just started the game. How do I get Mina and Jep out of the plane that is underwater.
Posted By: TheRealMendosa

Re: Return to mysterious island 2 demo - 06/14/09 12:32 PM

Hi there, my problem is, that I can't figure out how to play music for the snake. Will aprreciate any suggestions. Tnx in advance.
Posted By: MaG

Re: Return to mysterious island 2 demo - 06/14/09 01:01 PM

welcome Mendosa,

There's a German demo walkthrough here.

It looks like you need a sort of shell that has holes and you can play.

Marie, From the pictures in the German walkthrough, it looks like you need to remove the seat belts first and then open the top glass window (above Mina).
Posted By: TheRealMendosa

Re: Return to mysterious island 2 demo - 06/14/09 01:22 PM

Great thanks MaG, I've been stuck for two days, 'cos I didn't look in one spot. Thx again bravo .

Re: Return to mysterious island 2 demo - 06/14/09 02:35 PM

Mendosa, Have fun now.

Re: Return to mysterious island 2 demo - 06/14/09 06:50 PM

Does anybody know how am I suppose to get the hornets nest because I keep getting killed, I also get a message that I must find something to protect jep

Re: Return to mysterious island 2 demo - 06/14/09 07:16 PM

Are you using a bamboo stick on the hornets nest, Heaven, or a different stick? Check out the link to the German walkthrough above, there are lots of screenshots that might help a little.

Re: Return to mysterious island 2 demo - 06/14/09 08:07 PM

I tried bamboo stick, a regular stick each time I end up getting killed by the hornets

Re: Return to mysterious island 2 demo - 06/14/09 09:05 PM

I figured the hornets nest out - yes, you use the babmoo stick but Jep has to be dirty. Go down to lake area where the purple plant you cant reach is. Jep gets splattered. That seems to be the protection he needs. Then when you go get the hornets nest with the bamboo stick, it lets you take it to the tiger.

Re: Return to mysterious island 2 demo - 06/14/09 09:18 PM

Thanks, birddog. smile
Posted By: kjos

Re: Return to mysterious island 2 demo - 06/15/09 01:16 AM

Rushes
Would you know where I could find the saves for this game? Thanks
Richard

Re: Return to mysterious island 2 demo - 06/15/09 08:31 AM

Return to Mysterious Island 2

Mina's been saved. She can't walk. How does Jep help her?
Do I continue to click carass? Please help!!! Thanking you in advance.

Re: Return to mysterious island 2 demo - 06/15/09 10:45 AM

Hi Richard, I haven't played the demo, but you could try looking for a Microids folder either directly in C drive or in Program Files. luck

Hi marie, we'll have to wait for help. Have you taken a look at the screenshots in the German walkthrough on page 1 of this thread, for ideas?
Posted By: misslilo

Re: Return to mysterious island 2 demo - 06/15/09 11:01 AM

@Marie
Just have Jep explore the island and pick up whatever is not nailed down smile
Minna wants bandages... what can be used?

Re: Return to mysterious island 2 demo - 06/15/09 02:17 PM

Heaven3211 - you need to be sure Jep is dirty - that is his protection. Go down to lake and Jep gets splattered.
Posted By: FJT

Re: Return to mysterious island 2 demo - 06/17/09 01:43 AM

I can't seem to find the tiger. Where is he?

Re: Return to mysterious island 2 demo - 06/17/09 08:05 AM

I have tried many times crack the seeds with the rock. I am always off centered. Where do I place the cursor to get an exact hit? I am always hitting the other monkey. Where do I find other food? I fould oranges and eggs to feed to Jep. I need to find other food. Mina tells Jep to eat for engery while she rests. Please help!!!!. Thanking you in advance.
Posted By: misslilo

Re: Return to mysterious island 2 demo - 06/17/09 08:51 AM

Regarding cracking the nut - you need to click three times.

Once for lifting the arm - and when the arm is at right angle(on easy mode it will be in the green field) you click again and then look at the circle over the nut and when small enough and close you click again smile

Phew - sounds more complicated than it is laugh

As for food, just try giving him everything you find.

Re: Return to mysterious island 2 demo - 06/17/09 10:03 AM

Thanks, misslilo.

Re: Return to mysterious island 2 demo - 06/18/09 03:21 AM

I'm still having trouble taking the hornet's nest to the tiger. Where is the tiger? Please help!! Thanks, FJT.

Re: Return to mysterious island 2 demo - 06/18/09 10:16 AM

Try looking at the windmill, FJT.

Re: Return to mysterious island 2 demo - 06/18/09 01:09 PM

When will the official version of Return to Mysterious Island 2 come out? Thanks so much

Re: Return to mysterious island 2 demo - 06/18/09 02:19 PM

Hi marie,

It's currently scheduled for late June. yay

Re: Return to mysterious island 2 demo - 06/18/09 08:07 PM

Hi Rushes. Is there actually a tiger present in the windmill area, because I haven't seen one there? Thanks, FJT.

Re: Return to mysterious island 2 demo - 06/18/09 08:33 PM

I haven't played the demo, FJT, I was looking at the screenshots from the German walkthrough - there's one there that shows Jep scaring away an animal from the windmill with the nest. smile

Re: Return to mysterious island 2 demo - 06/18/09 10:22 PM

Thanks Rushes, I'll look for him (or her)!!!
Posted By: TAXLADY2008

Re: Return to mysterious island 2 demo - 06/20/09 02:36 AM

hi all

i want to know where i can get the demo. i played the firt one and i loved it. i cant wait for the next one to come out.
thanks

Re: Return to mysterious island 2 demo - 06/20/09 11:03 AM

Hi Taxlady,

You can download the demo HERE
Have fun.
Posted By: Pirate_Hunter

Re: Return to mysterious island 2 demo - 06/22/09 01:51 AM

Originally Posted By: FJT
Hi Rushes. Is there actually a tiger present in the windmill area, because I haven't seen one there? Thanks, FJT.

Tiger will appear after robot appears near sulfur spring. Mina will tell Jep to investigate strange noise. After that Mina disappears and tiger is there at the windmill.

Re: Return to mysterious island 2 demo - 06/22/09 02:30 AM

Thanks, PirateH.
Posted By: petert

Re: Return to mysterious island 2 demo - 06/23/09 07:34 PM

The pesky hornets are still at it.
I have a stick, which I am told is a bamboo stick, Mina has told me that I am dirty and need to get clean, so I am presumably mud-splattered, having been down to the swamp area on a futile attempt to pick something up, but whenever I touch the hornet's nest with my stick, I get to pick it up all right, but when I attempt to put it in inventory, I die. I need a Cunning Plan to overcome this problem, as the alleged mud-splattering ain't working.
Can anyone please help me?

petert

Re: Return to mysterious island 2 demo - 06/23/09 08:55 PM

Is it possible to move around holding the hornet's nest without putting it into inventory?

Re: Return to mysterious island 2 demo - 06/24/09 08:40 PM

You are right, Rushes.
I can move about with the nest, but I can't yet find the tiger.
However, progress is progress.

petert

------------

Having finally vanquished the tiger, and pinched the rifle from the now-absent alpha-male, I now have to find some antiseptic from somewhere.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Anyone know how we know when we have finished the demo?

petert

Re: Return to mysterious island 2 demo - 06/26/09 11:26 AM

Just looked at the German walkthrough, and that shows that I am nearly at the end of the demo. But I still have to pick the thyme which the walkthrough indicates is the required antiseptic and the snake won't let me. Even though I am puffing away like nobody's business on the ocarina.
Can someone please point me in the right direction - it seems a pity not to finish the demo when I am so close to the end.

petert

Re: Return to mysterious island 2 demo - 06/26/09 05:54 PM

Hi Peter,

Hopefully someone who has played the demo will be able to advise shortly.
Posted By: BubbaJake

Re: Return to mysterious island 2 demo - 06/27/09 11:27 PM

You use the ocarina on the lone monkey in the place near the windmill. He will make a tune you must duplicate (you will be able to make actual tunes). I don't know what the purpose of it is, but Jep can cheer this one up with the music. The snake wasn't affected by the music, so I'm stuck there needing to find the antiseptic, a way to get the other frightened monkey stuck over the lava bed and the longer stick for the item far away in the water.
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: Return to mysterious island 2 demo - 06/28/09 03:00 AM

When the snake rises when your playing the ocarina that is when you get out of the close up view and click on the flowers and get them.

Re: Return to mysterious island 2 demo - 06/28/09 03:31 AM

Thanks, Cathy.

Re: Return to mysterious island 2 demo - 06/28/09 08:52 PM

Thanks for the help. I have now got the thyme and (finally) stitched up the wound (I did wonder if formic acid could be the antiseptic but no-go) but now I am not sure how to get clean.
I can't get to the lake, and I can't get a container to get water out of the "tank". The only item I have is a broken bottle.Am I on the right track, or do I have to do something else first?

Anyway, thanks again for the assistance so far.

I will fight the game for another hour or so, then I am going to bed.

petert
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Return to mysterious island 2 demo - 06/28/09 09:21 PM

Petert, I haven't played this, and Mr. Google is not even giving me the German WT, so we'll have to wait for a veteran. This might be one time the time difference is a good thing as you can sleep while awaiting help wave

Re: Return to mysterious island 2 demo - 06/30/09 04:47 PM

Sleep did the trick, and the screen tells me that I have finished the demo.

petert

Re: Return to mysterious island 2 demo - 06/30/09 06:42 PM

Glad you got through, Peter.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community