GB HOMEPAGE

Art of Murder=Puppeter

Posted By: Mome

Art of Murder=Puppeter - 06/17/09 09:54 PM

I am stuck at the beginning of the game. I have done all the things in the rehearsal room, according to WT but I can't leave the bldg. Have fingerprints, photos, etc. Talked to guard. don't know what I have left out.

Thanks

Mome
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 06/17/09 10:08 PM

Hi Mome,

Do you have 6 photos, have you bagged all evidence, and taped the fingerprint to a piece of paper?

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 06/17/09 10:14 PM

Thank you Rushes, I had forgotten to put fingerprints on pper. Now my problem is in connecting plugs so that I can send photos. I have the hairclip in lamp but don;t know wht to do next.
Mome

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 06/17/09 10:46 PM

Now you've inserted the hairclip:
Click on the plug of the antenna and it is automatically attached to the wires of the bulb socket. Turn the lamp upright and then press the switch. Pull back and see the antenna has now green light.
luck

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 06/18/09 01:16 AM

Thank you. I have a green light on the antenna but the laptop will not work so I must not have something not hooked up right. since I'm electically challenged can you hop on a plane & do this for me??

Mome
Posted By: MaG

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 06/18/09 02:16 AM

Laptop - Attach the camera to camera cord left of laptop.
Click twice at bottom middle part of laptop to start sending data.

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 08/06/09 09:11 PM

Oh joy!! A slider puzzle. May I have a saved game for this.

Many thanks

Mome

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 08/06/09 09:17 PM

Hi Mome,

The save's on the way, check your e-mail in a few minutes.

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 08/06/09 09:20 PM

Many thanks

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 08/06/09 09:24 PM

You're welcome.
Posted By: reikidave

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 08/07/09 10:45 PM

Hi all,

Please may I have a savegame for the slider puzzle? I have spent 2 hours on it with no luck: and as I have just changed jobs and can only spend about 4 hours a week gaming, this is a bit of a pain!

Thank you for any help!

Regards,

david

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 08/07/09 10:53 PM

Hi David,

The save's on its way, check your e-mail in a few minutes.

Edit: The e-mail was returned as undeliverable, please check the public e-mail box in your profile, thanks

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 08/07/09 11:03 PM

Rushes - please can you re-send? I've changed my e-mail address (just remembered I hadn't changed it for the 'Boomers site). Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagghhh - New job = Mad busy.

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 08/07/09 11:17 PM

Your profile is still showing the old addy, make sure to edit the public e-mail box as well as the general one. smile

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 08/07/09 11:30 PM

Sorry!

All changed.

I'm signing off - it's gone midnight here - but thanks for your help.

david

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 08/08/09 12:10 AM

Thanks, re-sending now. Enjoy the rest of the game.

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 08/08/09 06:43 AM

Rushes - thank you!

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 08/08/09 11:37 AM

You're welcome.

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 08/08/09 09:29 PM

Hi Rushes,

I have just one more problem: I unzipped the savegame, re-named both the .png and .aom files and copied them over into my savegame file - but the saved game does not show up in my saved games. I cannot access it to use it. My game does not appear to recognise your saved game. Thought - I'm playing on XP - are you playing on XP or Vista?

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 08/08/09 09:44 PM

I have XP. smile
The files I sent weren't zipped, though. Did you renumber both files the same, i.e. if your last current save was 0011 then you should renumber mine as save0012.png and save0012.aom.

The saves are in date order so you'll need to scroll right back to the beginning of your saves in the game load screen to find the new one.

Let us know if you still have problems!

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 08/08/09 09:54 PM

Hi Rushes,

I did as instructed - but my game still does not recognise your saved game. I even tried deleting all my other saves and renaming yours as save0000.png and save0000.aom, but it still was not recognised.

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 08/08/09 10:16 PM

I hope you moved your saves somewhere safe, or can retrieve them from your Recycle Bin, you might need them. The saves I sent were from MaG's gameplay - I'll send you my own set and let's see if that makes any difference. Fingers crossed! On their way to you in a couple of minutes.

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 08/08/09 10:25 PM

Thanks for that, Rushes. I'm going to have to leave off looking at this tonight: your savegame isn't recognised, but a previously-deleted (and no longer in the saved game folder)saved game is.

I am puzzled!

So - no saved game for me tonight.

Thanks for your help with this, and all the time you took. If I work out what on earth has happened, I shall post the findings!

david

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 08/09/09 12:07 PM

luck and keep us posted.

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 08/14/09 06:56 PM

Update: I wrote to support at City Interactive, asking about not being able to install saves. They replied the next morning, asking where I bought the game: saves have to be country-specific! I'm guessing that the saves provided by Boomers were for the USA version?

Anyway, they promised to make me a save - but that was a week ago. I'm better informed, but still stuck!

dave

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 08/14/09 07:13 PM

Argh. Hopefully a Boomer with a UK game version has a save at this spot that they can send to you in the meantime. Let's wait and see.
Posted By: Leeana

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 08/15/09 01:07 AM

Hi all, I really need your help please, This is such a great game but ... I seem to be having a hellava time trying to get the compartment open I have the allen wrench placed ir on the 5th hole.. I turned the ...

left hook ... ((clicked on it 5xs))
2nd from left 2xs
3rd from left 3xs
4th from left 1x
and the allen wrench ((last one from left 4xs and the compartment will not open .. what am I doing wrong????? was I suppose to start from the right ... help please....thank-you

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 08/15/09 01:29 AM

Before you fdo this puzzle, you have to see the paper with colored numbers and the map/wind rose's cardinal directions. I f you haven't the puzzle solution will not work.

Then you turn:
Direction to turn hook to: SW, NW, SE, W, NE

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 08/15/09 01:46 AM

MaG eighter Im tired or whatever I did look at the map ... I looked at the colored numbers on the paper went to the hooks and still nothing .. could it be Im that dense (ok so Iam) anyway its just not doing anything ... what it does is when I back up the hooks reset themselves and I dont see anything opened???

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 08/15/09 01:52 AM

If you think you did the puzzle correcyly - The compartment is below the hooks - so look down there.

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 08/15/09 11:21 AM

no its just not working dont know why I will try to re-play this game but Im wondering is the object here just to turn the hooks (left to right) so where does the color fit in??? was I suppose to go to the map and click on the colour before I go to the hooks ... this game is baffeling me well this part is anyway.
frown please maybe a save would brighten my day Thank-You wink

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 08/15/09 12:44 PM

The order of the hooks to be turned is shown by the paper that has colored numbers:
So the order from left to right is: 5 2 3 1 4.

Where they are to be turned is show by the colors of the numbers which is you then correlate with the colors of the map.
So from left to right the colors seen are: red, blue, green black and pink.

From left to right turn the hooks:
5 - SW
2 - NW
3 - SE
1 - W
4 - NE

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 08/15/09 04:07 PM

Thank-You MaG going their now smile

frown Hi MaG ok no-can do I just dont see anything happening ... maybe a glitch could you or a kind hearted , sympathetic Boomie send a save for after this part so that I can continue ... or otherwise, I will re-start if no one has a save Thanks all

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 08/15/09 05:37 PM

It's on the way, Leeana.

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 08/15/09 06:21 PM

Thank You smile

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 08/15/09 06:33 PM

You're welcome.

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 08/15/09 09:43 PM

I've solved the Slider Puzzle - anyone want an English savegame, I have one.

Thanks to everyone who offered help.

dave

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 08/15/09 10:00 PM

That's great, dave. bravo Enjoy the rest of the game now.

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 08/16/09 12:49 AM

when I get there dave its great to know you have that ... I think if I were as young as you kids out there Id have an easy time at this .. ok do you guys know how to get the wood from under the motercycle out Ive been clicking and clicking but without any movement ... the stool came out ok but the wood wont budge ... dave or anyone did you click the keys to the motorcycle to move it? help

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 08/16/09 01:04 AM

Leeana,

You're not old. If you are, then I'm really old. lol

You have to raise the motorcycle higher in order to get the block in easily.
Be sure that you have done this: Use the wrench on the inserted stool without seat to raise the motorcycle back higher.

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 08/16/09 11:20 AM

Thanks again MaG ok Ive done that Now its Undoing getting the motorcycle to move is whats wrong ... I cant seem to ride it ...here is whats wrong...
After I placed the coin and the wheel cap on and tightened it with the wrench to secure the wheel cap I push clicked the motorcycle but it does "Not" budge ((does not move???))
My question is...
Do I push -click the motorcycle "Or" do I take the motorcycle keys and click them on the motorcycle to advance to Marseilles France.
Oh dummy me I just answered my own question Sorry ... I got it ... what a beautifil scene too Thanks for all your help will be playing the game later wave

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 08/16/09 02:42 PM

Have fun with the game now.
Posted By: Karen B

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 08/16/09 05:48 PM

I too am in dire neede of a saved game gor the slider puzzle. Question is, how do I use it?
Karen B

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 08/16/09 05:52 PM

Karen,

It's on the way with a step by step.

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 08/16/09 06:14 PM

I'm a real dunce at this sirt of thing.When I went to open the last two files I was asked how to open the files and what with? Combine the files?

dumb and dumber but this slider really has me stumped!!!
Karen B

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 08/16/09 06:37 PM

Hi Karen,

Don't try to open the files, the game will do that for you once you've renumbered and installed them.

You'll find the game folder in My Documents.
Save both files to your desktop (don't try to open them). Then make sure to renumber both files so that they will appear sequentially last in the game folder (they need to be the same number, as the 2 files make up one save). Then copy and paste both files across into the folder.
Exit the folder, start up your game as usual and load the new save - you will need to scroll down through the saves to find the new one.

luck

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 08/16/09 07:07 PM

Dumb and Dumber.Both files 'shortcutted' to desktop'(?) and was not able to number them the same. Now, both files are gone and I have two shortcuts. There is no new saves to load in game. Woe is me!
Karen B

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 08/16/09 07:33 PM

Are you using XP? From the e-mail that MaG sent to you, left-click on the file attachment and select "Save Attachment". Then select Browse, and from there select Desktop. This will save the two files directly to your desktop.

To renumber the files, slowly left-click twice inside the file title box and that will allow you to edit. Check the game save folder first so that you know what the new file number should be.

Then follow the instructions per the step-by-step and you should be ready to go.

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 08/16/09 08:21 PM

Thanks for all of the help but it's not working ad I'm sayin 'uncle'!
Karen B

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 08/16/09 09:09 PM

Hi Karen - are you playing with an American version of the game, or a European one? I had a problem with saves not working: it turned out that saves for the USA version will not work with the UK version...

Would you like a European save?

Regards,

david

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 08/16/09 09:28 PM

Thanks David. Karen is having problems downloading and/or installing yet.

Sorry, Karen.
Take the instruction one sentence at a time.
Don't jump the gun. Then you will be able to get it going. Rest first and then try again. luck

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 08/16/09 09:42 PM

It's the American version. The trouble I seem to be having is numbering the saves. One is a picture (I think) and the other is game and they will not number the same. I then try to copy and paste into the puppeteer folder itself. Is that where I'm making a mistake? Either way, they do not show up in the saves when I run the game. This slider is a real monster! I was really enjoying the game before this and just hate to give up on it. Any more ideas?
Karen B

Well, I gave it another try and everything went well. The two files are named the same, both copied and pasted into puppeteer but do not show up in game. Maybe it is a European set?

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 08/16/09 09:59 PM

In the game load screen, make sure to scroll right back to the beginning of your saves, as they will be in date order.

Hope you find the new save there. luck

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 08/16/09 10:08 PM

I only have 9 saves so it would be rather hard to miss!
Karen B

I GOT THE SLIDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 08/16/09 10:26 PM

And the new saves are both renumbered the same, and follow on sequentially from the previous last saves in the folder? Is the "aom" file extension showing on the data file?

Edit: Just saw your edit - wheee! yay

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 08/17/09 01:14 AM

Just finished the game. What a hoot and what a great game it is! Thanks for all of the support!
Karen B

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 08/17/09 10:29 AM

You're welcome. Great that you finished and enjoyed it. thumbsup

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 02/28/10 05:21 PM

I'm stuck at the cemetery at Marseilles. I have meade the deal with the thuigs, looked at the map seen the holes in the columns & gone to the L suide of path & found bust w/wheelbarrow, etc. I can't pickup the fence bar. Have I left something out??

thanks

Mome

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 02/28/10 07:02 PM

Mome,

Be sure that you left and right click the holes at bottom of the columns. Be sure to do both columns too.

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 03/01/10 03:31 PM

I only right clicked!! Will go back

Thanks

Mome

I went back ^ L & R clicked on holes, went back to bust, tried to pickup bar but she says she doesn't know what to do with this. Heck if she doesn't know how am I supposed to!!! I assume it is the bar lying on the ground in front of fence??

thanks

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 03/01/10 09:12 PM

This is what Rushes posted:

Make sure that you have examined the map in your inventory which pictures a skull, and then clicked on the sign on the chapel door which has the same skull image.

Make sure that you have examined the chapel door - click on the door itself, the sign, and then right-click on the holes at the base of the posts on either side of the door. You should then be able to go back and take the bar from the fence.

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 03/02/10 03:33 PM

Thanks-I had not picked the oil & that was my problem. Have finished the game!!

Mome

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 03/02/10 03:48 PM

Hope you enjoyed it, Mome. wave
Posted By: Judith M

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 03/03/10 05:21 PM

i need a save game for the slider puzzle its making me mad

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 03/03/10 05:46 PM

Hi Judith,

The save's on its way.
Posted By: popeye60

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 03/11/10 02:14 PM

hi, am i ok to come in on this thread, ihave checked out table to get photo's from camera to laptop but unable to get any mention of a wire from pierre, and nothing about a wire . stuck so early can't believe it. thanks

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 03/11/10 03:21 PM

Hi popeye,

Have you removed the bulb from the lamp and examined/clicked on the bulb socket?

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 03/11/10 04:13 PM

yes have checked that and gone back to pierre but no further talk so i have tried both plugs, checked lamp underneath ,taken out bulb and checked size, turned over antenna, checked size but on going back to speak tp pierre he just says farewell. ?

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 03/11/10 05:04 PM

How about the adapter? Please click on it and see.

Be sure that you have checked these: unplugged end of the antenna, the 12V output of the lamp and adapter.

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 03/11/10 05:56 PM

cheers mag, think it was i had not read journal, feel sure i will be back and many thanks

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 03/11/10 08:00 PM

Hope that's it. luck

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 03/13/10 02:24 PM

back again, am doing puzzle with hooks, will they only go round the one way, i ask as when i have done the number of turns it does'nt finish on sw,nw,se,w,ne as walkthrough states. i am playing on vista so unable to get saved games. please try to help

-------------

hi all thrilled with myself i was doing hooks in order not out of order , i was pressing in order ie 12345 not 52314 as walkthrough states thanks though will be back !

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 03/13/10 03:07 PM

Glad you figured it out, Pauline. thumbsup

Please remember to use the Edit button rather than stacking posts. thanks

Enjoy the game.

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 03/19/10 12:17 PM

hi back again, am stuck on getting wood carving in library i close the door after me , get photo and wood piece , when i click on to try to do puzzle someone comes in and kills me then scene ends and goes to save game menu and to get back into game have to do it all again but still get shot what am i missing out. cheers and thanks

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 03/19/10 12:24 PM

Lock the door behind you - that'll stop the bad guys from getting in for a while. smile
Posted By: Tom

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 03/20/10 12:31 AM

OK, let me join the others and say I HATE SLIDER PUZZLES!! Wow, I feel better now but I still could use a save game after the slider!

Thanks!

Tom

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 03/20/10 12:48 AM

welcome Tom,

The saved game is on the way.
Posted By: nomad

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 04/15/10 04:20 PM

i hawe same problem like LEEANA,so pleasse send mi a save!tnx

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 04/15/10 05:31 PM

welcome nomad,

Is this about the hooks? If you have a problem later, please tell us. We can check faster knowing what your problem is.

I sent you a saved game for the hooks.

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 04/15/10 08:40 PM

jes with hooks,i recived save it works,tnx a lot

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 04/15/10 10:25 PM

You're welcome. Enjoy the game.

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 04/21/10 09:45 AM

hi,i cant get thru this slider pazzle,if you have save please send,tnx!

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 04/21/10 11:19 AM

Hi nomad,

A save for the slider is on its way to you.
Posted By: westOngirl

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 04/22/10 01:09 AM

Hoping that someone can help me out with a save game just after that crazy slider puzzle. I had technical problems to begin with and had to play the entire game over again and now I've been stuck on this puzzle for days! Thanks so much!

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 04/22/10 01:36 AM

welcome wesOngirl.

The saved game is on the way.

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 04/22/10 03:01 AM

Thanks...I've never put in a saved game before though and can't get it to work. I followed the instructions and I see the solved picture on the load list but when I load it, it's still the old game. Am I missing something?

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 04/22/10 03:10 AM

Just to verify what the instructions stated:
Did you renumber both files?
Did you change the numbers and kept the extensions (.png and .aom unchanged)?
Did you scroll to beginning of load list to see if it is there?

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 04/22/10 03:20 AM

I renumbered both files, kept extensions and scrolled to the beginning. I see the png image of the solved puzzle but when I actually load the game, it's back to the puzzle unsolved. frown

Re: Art of Murder=Puppeter - 04/22/10 03:30 AM

Double check that the .aom is the same number as that of the .png.
If that doesn't work, delete the installed .aom and redownload the .aom from the mail, renumber and add it together with the .png. luck
© 2024 GameBoomers Community