GB HOMEPAGE

Diamond Jones: Eye of the dragon - The valve puzzle (tilting board)

Posted By: ankootza

Diamond Jones: Eye of the dragon - The valve puzzle (tilting board) - 08/04/09 04:14 AM

I am stuck in the machines room with the valve puzzle (the tilting board.)

Does somebody have a saved game?

Many, many thanks. blush
Posted By: zak

Re: Diamond Jones: Eye of the dragon - The valve puzzle (tilting board) - 08/04/09 08:12 AM

Hope its ok i post in ure's but could i get a savegame for just before or after the lock puzzle at the tavern, the game crashed when i was doing it and ofc i had none savegames frown

Thanks in advance.
Posted By: nanette

Re: Diamond Jones: Eye of the dragon - The valve puzzle (tilting board) - 08/04/09 08:37 AM

I've uploaded all my 15 savegames for DJ2 with instructions here:

http://www.4shared.com/file/122793082/3253b404/Savegames_DJ2_with_instructions.html

Simply unpack to get the save folder and a readme.txt

Ankootza, you'll need both slot_4 files

Zak, you'll need both slot_1 saves
Posted By: zak

Re: Diamond Jones: Eye of the dragon - The valve puzzle (tilting board) - 08/04/09 11:12 AM

Works perfect thanks alot, would have hated to start all over laugh
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Diamond Jones: Eye of the dragon - The valve puzzle (tilting board) - 08/04/09 12:19 PM

Thanks, nanette. thumbsup
Posted By: bri

Re: Diamond Jones: Eye of the dragon - The valve puzzle (tilting board) - 08/05/09 03:12 AM

think I'm still trying with the tilt puzzle, but if I needed to use a game save ,where would I find them? Ive looked and looked and cannot find them. cry
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: Diamond Jones: Eye of the dragon - The valve puzzle (tilting board) - 08/05/09 03:20 AM

Thanks nanette.
I think I'll be needing some of those soon.

Cathy
Posted By: ankootza

Re: Diamond Jones: Eye of the dragon - The valve puzzle (tilting board) - 08/05/09 07:12 AM

Thank you Nanette! Many, many....

The Gameboomers are awsome!
Posted By: aretha

Re: Diamond Jones: Eye of the dragon - The valve puzzle (tilting board) - 08/05/09 08:38 AM

bri, I can't find where to put the downloaded saves either. Searching reveals nothing. I don't doubt someone will enlighten us soon.

I'm stuck on mahjong. Cleared the board but nothing happens. Can only press escape, which takes me to menu. Don't see how to exit the board having won.

Re: Diamond Jones: Eye of the dragon - The valve puzzle (tilting board) - 08/05/09 09:58 AM

@ Bri and Aretha - did you find the Readme.txt included in the downloaded Save folder? That has the step-by-step instructions; just follow them carefully and it should work out OK

Re: Diamond Jones: Eye of the dragon - The valve puzzle (tilting board) - 08/05/09 10:06 AM

Thanks, yes missed the obvious. However no saved games in the pack immediately after mah jong which I'm stuck on. Does anyone else have a save there please?

Re: Diamond Jones: Eye of the dragon - The valve puzzle (tilting board) - 08/05/09 10:33 AM

lol Thanks aretha and Nanette I will try in the morning.

Re: Diamond Jones: Eye of the dragon - The valve puzzle (tilting board) - 08/05/09 12:01 PM

@ Aretha - here's the directly after-mahjong save:
http://www.4shared.com/file/123072684/63438f8b/after_mahjong_DJ2.html
Posted By: menahune

Re: Diamond Jones: Eye of the dragon - The valve puzzle (tilting board) - 08/05/09 04:22 PM

can anyone give me a hint, please, about how to get through the tornados ... or a saved game ... thanks

I've read quite a few negative posts about this game, but I think the language errors are quite charming and funny

Re: Diamond Jones: Eye of the dragon - The valve puzzle (tilting board) - 08/05/09 05:26 PM

@ Menahune - just keep your eye on the dial bottomright, don't mind the tornados themselves. You'll breeze through and if not, take save 6 from reaction 3 in this thread

Re: Diamond Jones: Eye of the dragon - The valve puzzle (tilting board) - 08/06/09 08:42 AM

nanette, thanks for the help. Think I'm going to be needing a lot of saves!!
Posted By: menahune

Re: Diamond Jones: Eye of the dragon - The valve puzzle (tilting board) - 08/06/09 02:54 PM

thanks for the help, Nanette. I tried your suggestions about ignoring the tornados and watching the dial ... gave up finally and went to the saved file. Your instructions were great

Re: Diamond Jones: Eye of the dragon - The valve puzzle (tilting board) - 08/06/09 03:09 PM

Glad to help out, those minigames can be very taxing and it would be a shame if you couldn't finish the game because of that
Posted By: sierramindy

Re: Diamond Jones: Eye of the dragon - The valve puzzle (tilting board) - 08/06/09 05:30 PM

About the tilting board puzzle, I'm not sure this is what you are supposed to do, but I just tilted that little board in the lower right corner all the way to the right side and the ball just went flying off to the right completely off the screen. I never did get to move it down to the bottom of the board, but it solved the puzzle ... or did it? Anyway, I was able to move along but did I miss something that I will have to go back for maybe? Because now I'm stuck trying to get the recipe to work to cure Fuffy since the dirigible is ready to go, but I need the pilot. I have all the ingredients that are in the recipe, but I don't know how to put them together.

Re: Diamond Jones: Eye of the dragon - The valve puzzle (tilting board) - 08/06/09 06:52 PM

Did you look at http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/diamon-jones-eye-of-the-dragon-walkthrough?

It says to give the pipe to Fuffy, or doesn't that work with you?
Posted By: Jacq1

Re: Diamond Jones: Eye of the dragon - The valve puzzle (tilting board) - 08/06/09 08:11 PM

Does anyone have a save for the tilting board. I cannot get it to work.
Posted By: sierramindy

Re: Diamond Jones: Eye of the dragon - The valve puzzle (tilting board) - 08/06/09 08:16 PM

Thanks, nanette,
I didn't even try the walkthrough because I was thinking I had to get the directions for the pipe from the guy who likes surgery, but when I tried talking to him there was no new dialogue, which should have told me something. However, I was so sure he was the key that I thought the way I did that tilt puzzle was so wrong that I would need to do it over. Thanks to you, I went to Fuffy and when I gave him the pipe there were the directions I needed. Never expected that!
Posted By: roolies

Re: Diamond Jones: Eye of the dragon - The valve puzzle (tilting board) - 08/06/09 09:43 PM

Thank you very much nanette for the saves and the walkthrough! laugh thanks

Re: Diamond Jones: Eye of the dragon - The valve puzzle (tilting board) - 08/07/09 12:50 AM

I am still stuck at the tilt table puzzle, i downloaded the saves but cannot open them can someone please explain to me how to get passed this part as I was really enjoying this game untill now .Thank you.

Re: Diamond Jones: Eye of the dragon - The valve puzzle (tilting board) - 08/07/09 01:11 AM

I am in the same boat as you. I cannot get passed the tilt board.

Re: Diamond Jones: Eye of the dragon - The valve puzzle (tilting board) - 08/07/09 02:10 AM

wave Feel like a big kid,I'm so excited, I did it, how's that. thumbsup

Re: Diamond Jones: Eye of the dragon - The valve puzzle (tilting board) - 08/07/09 06:34 AM

@ Jaqc1: did you try the savegames - see reaction 3 on page 1?

Or give Sierramindy's solution a try:
About the tilting board puzzle, I'm not sure this is what you are supposed to do, but I just tilted that little board in the lower right corner all the way to the right side and the ball just went flying off to the right completely off the screen. I never did get to move it down to the bottom of the board, but it solved the puzzle ... or did it? Anyway, I was able to move along

If both don't work for you, you'll have to solve this on your own...
What worked for me was taking a lot of time between clicks on the arrowbuttons, as there is a kind of delayed reaction. That was the only way I could control the speed and direction of the ball

@ Bri - Nice work, this really is a nasty one!!

Re: Diamond Jones: Eye of the dragon - The valve puzzle (tilting board) - 08/07/09 01:58 PM

Thanks Nanette. I will try you suggestion.

Re: Diamond Jones: Eye of the dragon - The valve puzzle (tilting board) - 08/09/09 02:58 AM

cry Hi, I was feeling really good about this game untill now. I'm up to the part were I have to place the gems in the head, but I do not have the aquamarine, according to the WT, I need to take the aqua out of the horned skull, I cannot remember doing it earlier, but Diamon will not do anything now to get it.Have I missed something? Thank you.

Re: Diamond Jones: Eye of the dragon - The valve puzzle (tilting board) - 08/09/09 08:57 AM

Did you get the horned skull out of the sarcophagus near the scorpions? Combine pry-bar with this skull in inventory and you'll get your aquamarine

Re: Diamond Jones: Eye of the dragon - The valve puzzle (tilting board) - 08/09/09 09:16 AM

Thanks Nanette, I'll try in the morning, although I did try that before, but it's got to be somewhere, I'll let you know. broccoli

Re: Diamond Jones: Eye of the dragon - The valve puzzle (tilting board) - 08/09/09 12:41 PM

luck bri.

Re: Diamond Jones: Eye of the dragon - The valve puzzle (tilting board) - 08/10/09 01:26 AM

I went back could not find the aquamarine, so I went back to a save and started again. Funny I didn't have the aqua and yet it wasn't there to pick up, interesting anyway I'm fighting a monster right now so wish me luck. Thanks. broccoli
Posted By: kjos

Re: Diamond Jones: Eye of the dragon - The valve puzzle (tilting board) - 08/20/09 03:19 PM

Stuck in the dungeon. Put the seal in the raised platform, but can't get the figures to line up. Would somebody have a save after the puzzle? Thanks
I finally got the puzzle I won't need the save afterall.
Richard
Posted By: MaG

Re: Diamond Jones: Eye of the dragon - The valve puzzle (tilting board) - 08/20/09 11:40 PM

Great, Richard!

luck Bri.

Re: Diamond Jones: Eye of the dragon - The valve puzzle (tilting board) - 08/21/09 05:16 PM

Went into my C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Local Settings
but I don't have any local settings. Trying to find the saves for Diamond jones. The saves are somewhere but I can't find them. Where should I look. Went into the program files no luck. Thanks
Richard
Posted By: Rice burner

Re: Diamond Jones: Eye of the dragon - The valve puzzle (tilting board) - 08/21/09 06:54 PM

Richard, do you have more then one user name? There should be a folder for local settings after you open the folder with your name on it. Try again please.
Kay

Re: Diamond Jones: Eye of the dragon - The valve puzzle (tilting board) - 08/21/09 07:04 PM

Kay
I have two My name and all users. Than administrater. I tried my name and all users but on local. Tried administrater and clicked on local nothing there of importance. I know the saves are there somewhere there are in the game when I start it up. Thanks
Richard

Re: Diamond Jones: Eye of the dragon - The valve puzzle (tilting board) - 08/21/09 07:15 PM

Richard, the whole location is as follows:

C/Document and Settings/your name/local settings/application data/amulet2/save

I know its a long one but it is there.

Kay

Re: Diamond Jones: Eye of the dragon - The valve puzzle (tilting board) - 08/21/09 07:33 PM

I went into my name and there isn't any local settings. I haven't had any trouble with other games. I don't know why it isn't there. The saves are somewhere.
Richard

Re: Diamond Jones: Eye of the dragon - The valve puzzle (tilting board) - 08/21/09 07:50 PM

Try doing a search for amulet2 and see where it is.

Re: Diamond Jones: Eye of the dragon - The valve puzzle (tilting board) - 08/21/09 07:53 PM

Maybe it's hidden - try this, see if it works:
From Windows Explorer choose "Tools" from the menu, then "Folder Options" then click the middle tab "View". You may have to scroll down a bit, but look for "Show Hidden Files and Folders" and highlight the button.

Re: Diamond Jones: Eye of the dragon - The valve puzzle (tilting board) - 08/21/09 08:00 PM

You where right the show hidden file wasen't check. Thank you so much Rushes. About a year ago I had to do that and I forgot all about it. Thanks again.
Richard

Re: Diamond Jones: Eye of the dragon - The valve puzzle (tilting board) - 08/21/09 08:05 PM

You're welcome. Glad you found it. smile

Re: Diamond Jones: Eye of the dragon - The valve puzzle (tilting board) - 08/21/09 08:14 PM

Thanks Rushes.
Kay

Re: Diamond Jones: Eye of the dragon - The valve puzzle (tilting board) - 08/21/09 08:18 PM

Thanks Kay for all your trouble helping me.
Richard

Re: Diamond Jones: Eye of the dragon - The valve puzzle (tilting board) - 08/21/09 09:58 PM

You're welcome Richard.
Kay
Posted By: katbear50

Re: Diamond Jones: Eye of the dragon - The valve puzzle (tilting board) - 04/03/10 07:28 AM

Originally Posted By: sierramindy
About the tilting board puzzle, I'm not sure this is what you are supposed to do, but I just tilted that little board in the lower right corner all the way to the right side and the ball just went flying off to the right completely off the screen. I never did get to move it down to the bottom of the board, but it solved the puzzle ... or did it? Anyway, I was able to move along but did I miss something that I will have to go back for maybe? Because now I'm stuck trying to get the recipe to work to cure Fuffy since the dirigible is ready to go, but I need the pilot. I have all the ingredients that are in the recipe, but I don't know how to put them together.

insane Hi, sierramindy,
After a dozen or more tries on my own, I have tried your suggestion...
but at what point do you begin the right side tilting???
This one is a hardwall

Re: Diamond Jones: Eye of the dragon - The valve puzzle (tilting board) - 04/03/10 12:02 PM

Hi kat,

Have you checked the Big Fish walkthrough HERE? It shows the correct route to take. It says that you can watch the degree of tilt in the inset box at bottom right of the game screen. Does that help? think

Re: Diamond Jones: Eye of the dragon - Removing lockpick frm limo - 04/05/10 07:55 AM

Talked hubby into doing this one for me,
whew...glad to get past that one.

Now, as Mary, I'm stuck trying to remove the
lockpick from the Limo.
Figured out to use the soap,
but can't seem to find the right hot-spot. headscratch

Re: Diamond Jones: Eye of the dragon - Removing lockpick frm limo - 04/05/10 10:44 AM

You can't find the hotspot for the soap? Have you tried accessing the gate to the park yet? The gate is locked, so you need to get through somehow - now you have a reason for taking the lockpick.

Re: Diamond Jones: Eye of the dragon - Removing lockpick frm limo - 04/06/10 04:55 PM

Needed the Lockpick to get thru the park gate.
Finally figured it out last night,
Mary had to move towards the front wheel well,
then I could easily access the hot spot.

Re: Diamond Jones: Eye of the dragon - Removing lockpick frm limo - 04/06/10 04:56 PM

Glad you figured it out. Thanks for the update.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community