GB HOMEPAGE

Dark Fall LS

Posted By: zak

Dark Fall LS - 12/04/09 08:40 PM

Ok i give up, after turning on the electricity and talking on the phone im stuck been looking everywhere seems like im either missing a item, or i need to figure out the "safe" puzzle on the door but cant find any clue's to that part either.
Posted By: MaG

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/04/09 09:32 PM

Let's wait for someone playing the game. Have fun.
Posted By: kjos

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/04/09 10:30 PM

I sure wish I was playing the game. MaG.
Richard
Posted By: Argyle1968

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/04/09 11:34 PM

At least you're far enough to be dealing with that issue. I feel stupid, because I can't get out of the tunnel. I've read the newspaper clipping, looked at the objects in inventory, read the card and pieced together the poster. Something goes on the wooden "box", I just know it, but nothing I try to put there has any effect. there doesn't seem to be any way to advance in any direction until something is done on the box but I can't figure out what. Can somebody help?

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/04/09 11:56 PM

Argyle,

Open the coffin. Click on the right side of the coffin - hold the cursor - move to the left and out of the coffin.
Like make sliding movement but hold the cursor.

From there - events will happen and you will be out of the tunnel later (after seeing and doing things of course).

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/04/09 11:59 PM

Thanks for the tip!

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/05/09 12:11 AM

You're welcome.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/05/09 01:49 AM

Hate to be a pain, but one more request--I have explored the train station platform to the extent that I know the crate must be lifted out of the way to get at something in the brick shed--probably a fusebox. I've picked up two fuses, the handle from the ladies room, the handle from the station depot, and seen a couple of ghosts. The first time I inserted the handle and cranked the winch, the crate raised up. I then backed away from the winch and the crate dropped. THereafter, when I try to crank the winch to lift the crate, the animation shows it dropping, but there's no explanation for how it got back up in the air before it drops as a result of the crank. Every time I go look at the crate, it's on the ground.

At first I thought maybe this was a glitch in the program, so I replayed the game to the point just before I turned the winch for the first time and saved. Doesn't seem to matter. Every time I play through this problem, the result is the same--the crate is DROPPING each time I crank the winch, and at no time when I go look at it is it up in the air. I'm totally stumped.

Has anyone managed to overcome this issue?

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/05/09 01:59 AM

Argyle:
As a hint - look for a third fuse first; then do that winch puzzle.
I didn't take notes but I think, one fuse is in a red bucket, one in a workbox by the ladies room and one in another workbox at the bridge that crosses the railtrack.

Then go back to that winch puzzle.
You have to pull that handle 3 times before the crate can reach the top of the pulley and catch or lock itself.

Zak:
Is this the dial on the stationmaster's office?
If so: Read the letter and the workbook at the ticket window at far end of the back room where the telephone is located.
You will see that the letter is written in green ink. It is written by the stationmaster. It also states that the lock's combination is the number of the station plus his work ID number.
Now go around and see 3 clipboard (one on bench, one by the entryway to backroom and one across the stationmaster's office).
Check those 3 clipboard and note the number after the Dowerton station at top left. You need all 3 to read since some numbers are blocked out.
Then take note of the SN (Stationn number) written in green ink. I used the bottom left one - I think it is checking mail.
Use those 8 numbers as the code for the dial: 3 from the station and 5 from the SN.
Be sure that you enter a number - then press the enter button; then enter the next number and press the button and so on....

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/05/09 02:34 AM

Originally Posted By: MaG
Argyle:
As a hint - look for a third fuse first; then do that winch puzzle.
I didn't take notes but I think, one fuse is in a red bucket, one in a workbox by the ladies room and one in another workbox at the bridge that crosses the railtrack.

Then go back to that winch puzzle.
You have to pull that handle 3 times before the crate can reach the top of the pulley and catch or lock itself.

I've found all three fuses, but no dice on the winch puzzle. I don't know now if I got a bad install, or it's an issue with my machine, or what, but I'm worried about the fact that when I turn the crank, the animation that I see is the crate DROPPING and not raising up. SOmething isn't adding up. And if it's a puzzle issue, then I call shennanigans, because this is the most frustrating intro to an adventure game I've ever encountered. It's a pity, because I love the atmosphere.

One other issue I've run into that may or may not be related and indicative of a bigger issue--in the train depot, the cut scene with the ghost just goes on and on in the close up view. I have to back out of the scene to get it to end, and I cannot explore that area further at this point. I don't know if that's intentional or not, but it's a bit strange, and I'm wondering if it's a system problem or a glitch.

Posted By: samch

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/05/09 02:56 AM

Zak,

How did you turn on the electricity? I have the three fuses, I have raised the winch but am completely stumped!

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/05/09 02:57 AM

Argyle,

Let me think what I did:

At the workbox by the fire-ladies room, there's fuse and winch handle.
Then at the ladies room' toilet is another handle.

See which of those handle works well for you.

Then insert that handle on the hole in the box=cabinet.

Click - hold - pull down the handle until the cursor is off the page - do this 3 times as fast as you can. No need to check what happens - just do it 3 times fast. Keep us posted.

Samch,

Once you raise the crate - enter the power shed.
Then work on getting the light inside the shed.
Then work on the cabinet at far wall - use the fuses.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/05/09 03:05 AM

Argyle,

Let me think what I did:

At the workbox by the fire-ladies room, there's fuse and winch handle.
Then at the ladies room' toilet is another handle.

See which of those handle works well for you.

Then insert that handle on the hole in the box=cabinet.

Click - hold - pull down the handle until the cursor is off the page - do this 3 times as fast as you can. No need to check what happens - just do it 3 times fast. Keep us posted.

Jeez, that was it--way to go, MaG!

I had everything I needed, but for some reason, if you don't crank the winch 3 times in a row quickly, the crate falls. Thank you for the help.

Already, though, Lost Souls gets a black mark for me on "logic"--if the crate hadn't dropped, but rather stayed only one third of the way up, you could eliminate all the hair-pulling. Oh well.....water under the bridge.

Thanks again, MaG.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/05/09 03:09 AM

MaG - Thanks, I missed the cabinet somehow inside the shed, will search again.

Argyle - I get the repeat cut from the station ghost as well. It sounds like he is speaking backwards; I think I pick up warnings like 'go away,' 'leave,' 'evil,' etc. I wonder if we are going to be working on his Regret to free him and/or recruit his help....

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/05/09 03:11 AM

Samch and Argyle - You're welcome. Have fun.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/05/09 03:23 AM

MaG - Um, is there supposed to be a cabinet inside the shed? I really can't find anywhere to use the fuses. I see the light socket, the stack of books with pitcher, the shelf where I got the light bulb, and that's it.
I know I ran into one minor bug already; while 'hair-pulling' over the winch problem my cursor suddenly became useless and I could not access the PDA or inventory at the bottom of the screen. I had to force-quit and reload to a saved game, then figured out the winch pull. I'm using Windows 7 by the way.
Am I in a another bug? Am I crazy or do I remember a switch/fuse box on the outside of the shed in the first DF game?

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/05/09 03:37 AM

I'm thinking as I write:
Enter shed.
One shelf has light bulb and map of the place.
Turn to left of door and see burned bulb on wall. Use light bulb on that. Then pull the string to get light in shed.
Then turn to left.
See stack of books - read some of the books.
On the other wall is the fuse cabinet.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/05/09 03:48 AM

MaG - Aha! I needed to click and drag on the string to turn on the light. When it I just clicked and it didn't work, I assumed it was because I needed to use the fuses first... Well, still on the learning curve for using this cursor but I'm sure having a blast!

You're the best MaG.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/05/09 03:51 AM

Glad you got it.

I found out that most of the manipulations are click-hold-move. smile

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/05/09 03:55 AM

I gotta say, Jonathan really outdid himself on the creepy factor in this game. That "buffet" dining room really is ghoulish. This is the kind of thing that's going to give me nightmares.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/05/09 05:55 AM

There's a puzzle that I just did that was subtle but will make the hair on your back stand up. brrrrrr.
Posted By: catsmom

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/05/09 06:06 AM

Hi I have been reading this thread and I am still stuck. I have all 3 fuses, 1 handle I got from the room next to the waiting room in the station, but I cant find a handle in the ladies room. I do have a peg like thing but it wont work when I try to insert it, neither will the handle I have. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks smile

ps MaG if it scares you I look forward to doing it smile
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/05/09 12:20 PM

Hi catsmom,

Try the ladies' cubicle. I think I had to use the torch here.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/05/09 01:57 PM

Thanks alot mag, it was just me being stupid forgot to try turn on the light at the ticket desk always the smallest thing u miss.

Stuck again where do u find the phone number looked everywhere and was 100% sure i saw on a poster a place but cant seem to find again.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/05/09 02:10 PM

This is the best game I've ever played, period. I was having a ball exploring last night and looked at the clock and it was 3:45 AM before I knew it. Unsettling, disconcerting, downright macabre in places, this is a masterpiece of horror IMHO.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/05/09 04:14 PM

Hi Zak,
You're welcome.
Phone number of the hotel? Note that each of the calling cards have the Dowerton number erased.
You have to do the bones puzzle (divintaion) on a table at the buffet. You need to collect 5 more bones to complete the needed 15. This puzzle is a sound puzzle. Took me forever.
Did you find the coin already?

Glad you're enjoying the game, Argyle. Jonathan is watching us... eek
Posted By: amarisse

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/05/09 05:13 PM

okay, the game starts for me completely black with an inventory bar. is it supposed to be running this way?
Posted By: Magwitch

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/05/09 05:17 PM

Hi Amarisse. Yes, it starts off black - you're in a dark tunnel and need light. Click on the flashlight icon on your cellphone - which is at the bottom by your inventory bar.

Can someone help me with the bones puzzle? I've listened to the recording, figured out that the two sides of the table make different sounds, but I've been trying to replicate the sounds for an hour now with no luck. Any tips?

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/05/09 05:23 PM

i got no video for the beggining though just sound so i'm wondering if somethings goin weird with that i'll try it again laugh

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/05/09 05:26 PM

Took me forever but I finally got it by writing down the sequence.
First be sure that you have a total of 15 bones (5 you picked up).
Then listen to the recording, there are 2 different sounds (in my case I had a total of 7 sounds) - one high and one low.
Then practice the bones and note which side is high and which side is low.
Then do the puzzle. luck

Yes, Amamrisse - it's black as Magwitch stated. Turn on the light. smile

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/05/09 05:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Magwitch
Hi Amarisse. Yes, it starts off black - you're in a dark tunnel and need light. Click on the flashlight icon on your cellphone - which is at the bottom by your inventory bar.

Can someone help me with the bones puzzle? I've listened to the recording, figured out that the two sides of the table make different sounds, but I've been trying to replicate the sounds for an hour now with no luck. Any tips?

Not sure if i was really lucky or not but the sides u gotta do is:

Left
Right
Right
Left
Right
Right
Left

Just listen to the recording once more and try figure out how long to hold the can at each sides got it in my first try when figured out how to do it.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/05/09 05:31 PM

Thanks, Zak. That's the order I'm doing it in, but I just can't seem to get the length right. Getting a bit frustrated now! I think I'll take a break and come back to it fresh tomorrow.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/05/09 06:12 PM

Thanks Rushes :)didnt know there was a light.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/05/09 06:42 PM

i cant even get out of tunnels i've got the newspaper the doll the poster checked the vent but i cant make the scene start that gets me out.

this kinda reminds me of silent hill.

nm got it, pixel hunt for a magnify spot smile

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/05/09 07:48 PM

Glad you found the opened area to go through.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/05/09 08:42 PM

Figured it out moving on laugh

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/05/09 08:59 PM

Have you checked the rooms at the first floor at the hotel?
I need more info to pinpoint where you are and what to do.
What inventory do you have?
What main door?
Posted By: Barry

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/05/09 09:00 PM

With thes hints does that mean you're playing the game and a walkthough will be out shortly? I've been holding out buying this one till a walkthrough comes out as parts of the other 2 drove me nuts. Your walkthroughs are the best MaG!!

Regards,

Barry

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/05/09 09:07 PM

Barry,

Thanks. Sweet. I'm playing through right now.
When I do finish, I need to replay because I go here-there and everywhere - so might take me a while yet to write. But I'll try to write one. wink

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/05/09 10:34 PM

1B....oh man, what happened in there?!?!?!?

_gulp_

Posted By: xnickerxje

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/05/09 10:35 PM

Well, that's me stuck. I am in the train station, have the lights on, did what I had to do in the GWR office. I keeping finding locks (including the door to the buffet) but I can't find a single key. Anyone have any advice?

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/05/09 10:38 PM

Hi xnickerxje,

Now that you have the lights on, carefully examine the ladies' toilets again.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/05/09 10:45 PM

Thanks for the reply Rushes. I must be missing something. I chatted with the Mrs, and saw the vision when I played around with "that thing". Is there something else I should be doing?

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/05/09 10:46 PM

Have you examined the toilet pan in the third cubicle?

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/05/09 10:51 PM

I can't get to it. (I assume the one with the Mrs. in it is the third one?) All I get is the magnifying glass and just end up in the convo loop. The other two don't seem to have hot points.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/05/09 10:53 PM

Oh never mind. Got it! Out of sheer frustration I went through the whole convo loop AGAIN and this time it worked. smile

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/05/09 10:54 PM

Great. thumbsup

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/05/09 11:00 PM

After ure done talking every subject with her ull be able to open the 3rd cubicle had the same problem just dont move back from it when ure done talking else its gonna redo the talk part.

Where to go when u get the txt on phone "sence the change of the windwaves" cant figure that hint out so far.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/05/09 11:32 PM

how do the scissors work thye keep breaking before i even get the item i'm goin for.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/05/09 11:34 PM

You gotta move the scissors left and right to make the item pop up if u try to cut with it they will break.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/05/09 11:42 PM

ahh cool thanks. this games kinda cool in its own way smile

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/05/09 11:52 PM

Maybe I'm missing something obvious but I have all the bones and the tape recorder, but the recorder won't play when I right-click on it. Should I be looking for an outlet to plug it in? I haven't found one yet.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/06/09 12:14 AM

gotta find tapes to play first look around a bit more find more things to do and a red light will point your way on outside.

(if you need more specific directions i have already done that section)

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/06/09 12:18 AM

Thanks, amarisse and Zak.

luck Sam.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/06/09 12:55 AM

amarisse - thanks, I particularly like the way you phrased your response as a hint rather than telling me outright!

I'm a little frustrated with searching for the coin, might you have another hint for that?

OT - the hubby just found out that I ALSO have the boxed game ordered but he took it pretty well 'cause he's beginning to be intrigued by the game.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/06/09 01:13 AM

well look in a place well known for ending up holding all the coins in the world, the left sock land of remotes.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/06/09 01:35 AM

Amarisse - great clue, thanks!

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/06/09 01:57 AM

OK--anyone get past the lockpics yet? Any idea how those are supposed to work? At this point I'm having to resort to just clicking indiscriminately, and that isn't getting the job done. Jonathan's walkthrough doesn't really provide much help with this.

Also--re: the scissors--I found that saving just before having to use them can save a few miles of trekking back to the scissor stash every time you break a pair--and you WILL break some.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/06/09 02:07 AM

It plays a sound when u click the right spots with the lockpick so trial and error is the only way ive seen its not that much of a hassle only a few lockpicks u need to open so far atleast.

But i need a hint now, im at the 2nd floor of the hotel with the guy who got a sick mother ive picked up all items ive been able to see, but i think i need a way to solve the safe puzzle but the numbers is crossed out on the paper in his desk, since im sure the lens u need is in there but i just dont see how.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/06/09 02:29 AM

It all sounds the same, that's the problem. Not everyone has experience picking locks. While I think the story and visuals are better than any game I've seen, there are WAY too many timed and skills puzzles for this type of game, IMHO. The lockpicking is purely a matter of chance, and that takes away a lot of the fun.

If anyone has a saved game that gets past the lock on the 2nd floor...

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/06/09 03:00 AM

Are u playing on easy or hard mode? i put the game to easy and had none problems with pick locking makes a clear loud sound when u hit the right spot and if not u get a "error" sound u cant miss.

You can change that while playing also i did atleast.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/06/09 03:14 AM

Easy mode. What am I supposed to be hearing and when and where and how many times am I supposed to be clicking? What happens when you get the puzzle "right"? There's three locks on every "gate". Do you have to do this garbage three times for every gate?

All I hear is clinking, so I click on each of the six spots in a row. After every sixth click I make, there's a chime, which I guess means the puzzle is re-setting because I didn't do it right. It doesn't matter when I make the click, the end result always sounds the same. I have no idea how this is supposed to work and I don't consider myself a particularly stupid person. Terrible design for a puzzle, IMO.

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/06/09 03:17 AM

Argyle, MaG's internet went out in her area and she has your saved game but can't send it to you. She will get it out tomorrow morning if her internet is back.

Ana wave

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/06/09 03:18 AM

The chime sound u hear is the right spot, and is the first postion u need then u need to click another spot and u get the chime sound again if u dont u get back to the first chime position and so on there is 3 or 4 postions on the difference locks u need to pick its really easy just click around random to find the right spots.

And no its only 1 lock it opens all 3 shown on the gate.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/06/09 03:20 AM

Thank you Ana! And thank you, zak. I guess I'm not smart enough to make it work.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/06/09 03:21 AM

I'm getting frustrated with the pixel-hunt looking for the second pick - any help?

I did find the first bonus though.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/06/09 03:24 AM

Sorry to hear u cant pass it dont got a savegame as i play for hours without saving uselly frown

Which second pick u talking about samch?

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/06/09 03:31 AM

OK, call off the troops. I finally managed to pick the lock. It is easy when you know the answer. Unfortunately, the walkthrough Jonathan wrote was pretty nebulous on this puzzle. MaG, when you write yours, the easy answer is to tell players they are looking to produce a series of 4 chimes in a row, one from each of the 6 compass points in this puzzle. This business about"clicking" sounds distinguished from "clanging" sounds was a total red herring, at least to me.

Anyway, thanks for the help, and the save game offer. smile

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/06/09 03:34 AM

Good to hear u finally got it laugh

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/06/09 03:45 AM

Hi Zak - In past games picking a lock always required two pieces. I got one at the reception desk. Am I on the wrong track?

I meant past adventure games in general.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/06/09 03:53 AM

Hmm try looking closer at that item from the reception disk pretty sure its a cigarette holder with a cigbud at the end if im not all wrong, but ull get the lockpick later on as a reward dont worry about that part now.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/06/09 03:57 AM

Zak - I had no idea! Thanks.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/06/09 04:08 AM

I'm still frustrated and feeling unusually stupid. Am I supposed to have the first floor doors open before I get a lockpick for the second floor? How do I get into the first floor rooms?
Posted By: ShaggyMia

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/06/09 04:40 AM

For the safe in the receptionist's office, I found the dot-numbered code in one of the mail slots. I have used the code several times now and still cannot get the safe to open. Anyone else encountering this problem?

I am moving the little knob from 1 to 2 to 3 etc, and not doing anything between the numbers.

I have also twice had to open my task manager to shut down the game after it gets locked while I am working on the safe. Perhaps this is a tech glitch?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/06/09 04:55 AM

Samch: Yes u need to do whole floor 1 before u get a lockpick, have u done the birthday game with amy in the reception? or been in the cellar to turn on the valves when u've done everything in repection area u get a txt on phone that will lead you futher.

Shaggymia: The code for the safe is for when ure doing floor 2 in the hotel im still trying to figure that part out since i need it now so dont bother trying to get that open now, ive had the same glith once seems like a small bug that can happen there cause ive had none other problems with the game so far.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/06/09 05:02 AM

FYI the code for the safe is found during exploration of the 2nd floor. You won't need it until then. What you found in the reception cubicle is just a diagram showing where the different tumblers are on the safe lock. The actual code to open it is found upstairs.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/06/09 05:02 AM

Zak - yes, I've turned on the valves and played Amy's game to get an item. I also got the text (only when I decided to go out to the station in disgust!) and have no idea what to do with the laptop or how to deal with the shadowkin. Died once already...
Posted By: ShaggyMia

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/06/09 05:08 AM

Thanks Argyle and Zak!

I should've known it was harder than that.

I kept going 1 2 3 4 5 and nothing was happening...ha.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/06/09 05:08 AM

Okay, had to come back and say I'm working on the laptop in 1a, very scary!

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/06/09 05:12 AM

Argyle u found the code? cause i cant figure out how to get andrew or whatever to show it, kinda figured out u need to do the bathroom first but missing last item to put on the desk there also.

But the "laptop" u need 4 squares with difference lines of colors to put on it and slide them around to make a perfect rotation of the colors took me a while to figure out as i just made trial and error metoid so cant help u much more with that part.

Hope someone figured out the floor 2 part when wake up 6am here playd all night lol...

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/06/09 05:29 AM

Zak: You need to put three items on the table in the 2nd floor bathroom. One is found in Arthur's room, one in the hall outside his 1947 room and one is gotten from doing something elsewhere on the 2nd floor. When you have all three items, you will have a conversation with Arthur as with Gloria and at the end of that, he spills the code for the safe.

Samch: I agree, room 1A was very creepy. Wait'll you see what's on TV.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/06/09 05:49 AM

Zak - thanks, that one wasn't too hard if you didn't wait around to get killed.

Argyle - Are the numbers on the walls of 1a related to what is playing on the tv?

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/06/09 06:49 AM

The more I look at those shadows the more there is to see...

Well past all this, now!

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/06/09 12:04 PM

Argyle: Im still lost used about 1½hour trying to find the 3rd item and im close to giving up complete, i got the rose and musicbox.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/06/09 12:41 PM

Samch: I'm guessing you figured it out by now but yes, the numbers on the wall do relate to what you have to do after you get the TV working. Let me know if you need more help.

zak: the third item is a photo from Arthur's room--hint: look at the inside jacket of his book.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/06/09 01:32 PM

Thanks moving on now doing mathilda now smile

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/06/09 01:38 PM

You're all doing well; so I'll leave you be.
Holler if you need any of us.
Please don't stack postings - okay.

I lost my internet last night but finished the game.
I will start to replay now and write.
Post if you need any help: direct answer or otherwise.
Posted By: Mossi

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/06/09 02:16 PM

Hi everyone, I'm having trouble getting to the Water Tower. I saw it when I completed the signal puzzle, but I can't find my way there. I'm assuming I go through the fence on platform 2, but there are no hotspots, and I can't find any other way to get there. A direct answer would be great, if possible.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/06/09 02:33 PM

Mossi: Go over the tracks faceing away from the small alley with the toilets u can go through the fence there.

Just completed the game also was great.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/06/09 03:26 PM

welcome Mossi.

Thanks, Zak.
Posted By: nanette

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/06/09 04:49 PM

Please can someone send me a savegame for after the bone devination?

I've been shaking the tin LRRLRRL, like in the tape, before casting but I can't get it to work. Tried to copy the length of shaking-time of each side (not sure if that was necessary) but still no joy.
Sometimes I do get a circle with 4 T's attached, but that can hardly be the answer, is it?

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/06/09 05:02 PM

It won't work if you don't have 15 bones. Count how many you have.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/06/09 05:25 PM

Thanks Mag, that was it!
I had 15 bones on the table, but apparently that doesn't count as I only had 4 in inventory.
I searched again, found the 5th bone and have the number now
I'm moving on again and enjoying myself!

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/06/09 06:20 PM

Loved it, loved it, loved it! A horror/mystery/thriller with a bit of surrealism a la Obsidian thrown in. Very ingenious. It's a shame this is the end of the line for the Dark Fall series, but it was quite an impressive way to go out. Hopefully Jonathan will come up with something equally compelling in the future.

Kudos for a great game!
Posted By: DeVon

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/06/09 06:36 PM

I'm having problems with the bone puzzle too,
do the 5 bones stay in the inventory or are they suppose to go on the table somehow?

How do you know that you've thrown them correctly,
is it the circle and 4'T's'?I can only get them to land that way for about half the tosses.

Jonathon is evil.

I have listened to the tape,and am trying to count the right amount of shakes.
Posted By: Kaz

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/06/09 07:04 PM

Hi DeVon

I was stuck there for ages too. Even when I had all the bones, I had failed to find a box in the ceiling rafters, above the mannekin that is pointing upwards in the buffet room where the bones table is.

If you've already found the items in the box, then the bones you have in inventory automatically add to the ones in the shaker. I shook it to the left (sounds like 4 shakes), twice to the right (sounds like 5 shakes each), once to the left (sounds like 2 shakes), twice to the right (sounds like 2 shakes each) and finally once to the left (sounds like 4 shakes).

You'll know when you've done it right as you are given a numerical clue.

Hope that helps. Great game!
Posted By: JonathanBoakes

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/06/09 08:16 PM

Hi all!

There is no time limit on the bones, and the middle of the table is a space to pause, with left and right being the 'active' areas. Take your time, and make sure you have all fifteen bones, as others have said. The actual 'shaking tin' part is also not time limited/constrained, so shake for as long as you want. Then, once your happy, click down, and the bones will cast. When correctly done, you'll get four numbers...

...for use elsewhere.

Thanks for the feedback. It sounds like many of you are having good (if spooky) fun! Whereas as some of you are ready to pull out my bones, and throw me around on a table! wink

(Argyle1968, Obsidian! Your comment made my day!).

Jonathan

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/06/09 08:24 PM

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the clarification. thumbsup
Posted By: johnen56

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/06/09 08:52 PM

Hi- I'm trying to work out how to get the 4th eye in the hotel (the clue is the reverence one). I know i'm supposed to find a new room but I can't for the life of me work out where the door is.
Thanks in advance for your help!

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/06/09 09:01 PM

At the other end of the hallway with the glowing symbol door the manique has moved and will point at the room u need to enter.
Posted By: smulan

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/06/09 09:09 PM

After finding a clue to the cross-safe that don't solve it and looking through the keyholes of the two rooms on second floor I'm totally stuck, haven't got a clue what to do...someone, please?

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/06/09 09:13 PM

I asume ure talking about the first floor? have u done everything in the reception + been in the cellar? then leave the hotel again and ull get a txt on phone to help u continue.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/06/09 09:32 PM

Thanks zak, that did it. I leave that room for tomorrow, it's bedtime. smile
Posted By: Sherryah

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/06/09 10:17 PM

After reading all your questions and answers I am debating whether I should purchase the game. I loved lost Crown it was not mainly comprised of skill puzzles otherwise I would not have liked it. Is DFLS mainly comprised of skill puzzles? confused

Another concern... It also sounds like your walking around in the dark a lot and I really hate using a flashlight to find objects, is walking around in the dark using a flashlight comprise a lot of the game also?

I like the spooky stuff eek but is there is more spooky stuff than skill puzzles? Do we get to use ghostbusting equipment more than rack our brain and ears in skilled puzzles?

I thank you for your honest opinion because money is too tight for me to buy a game and it will never be finished because there is no skip included on skilled puzzles. My husband doesn't care if I buy as many games as I want as long as I finish them is is new motto.

I am disappointed Jonathan did not include a skip puzzle, I rarely buy games now without this way out of puzzles that force a game to go unfinished for me many times. cry

MaG my only hope is you, hearts that your walkthrough will be written and so concise that I will not get stuck everywhere that a lot of people have been stuck at. For instance I am really bad at sound puzzles and lock picks. crazy

Thanks everyone for posting your questions because I am taking notes where everyone got stuck and learning the answers ahead of time. This is my new way of cheating. lol

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/06/09 10:31 PM

Hi Sherryah,

Good questions, but more for the Discussions forum than Hints. Hints is for game help only. smile

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/06/09 11:25 PM

Well,I just can't seem to get the bone puzzle,I have 5 bones in my inventory,one from the buffet room key and 4 found in the buffet room,have tape player and tape,I've listened to the tape a number of times and have tried to repeat the sounds,I have followed the hints from this thread but still have no luck in getting it solved.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/07/09 12:13 AM

Listen to the recording, there are 2 different sounds (in my case I had a total of 7 sounds) - one high and one low. Write it down.
Then practice the bones and note which side is high and which side is low.
Then do the puzzle.
I also got LRRLRRL on my first run.
Posted By: KristiC

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/07/09 12:27 AM

I've done the bones puzzle, called the number it gave me, and made it to the reception area, but now I seem to be stuck. I've looked at the guest book, have found the other book and cellar key, and have been in the cellar, but I'm not sure how to set the valves (or why I need to set them, for that matter). I can't find anything else to do in the lobby/cellar, but am unable to enter the door at the top of the stairs. Does anyone know what I might be missing?

Thanks! Kristi

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/07/09 12:35 AM

I am totally stuck at the moment. Got as far as the room with the tv and clicked on the 4 hotspots that zoom in and play some of the dialogue between the inspector and Mr Bones. Looked through keyhole in room 1b. Been up to 2nd floor but barred by locks. Can't get up to 3rd floor due to nasty entity on the stairs. Been out of hotel and everywhere I can think of. I've opened the safe in the reception and seem to have a lock pick in my inventory. (From previous posts, I think I was lucky with the safe lock as I didn't use a clue). Please can anyone point me in the right direction as I can't find it.

This game is a masterpiece and I'm loving it. Absolutely brilliant work Jonathan!

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/07/09 12:36 AM

@ KristiC - you're doing fine, just turn some of the valves till the arrow points to the green zone to open the upstairs door
Posted By: KristiC

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/07/09 12:37 AM

Whoops--I accidentally just made the valves do what they needed to do and am moving along again!

Kristi

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/07/09 12:47 AM

Kaz: yep u been lucky with the safe then since u dont need the item for a while, but anyway u need to click the 4 spots on the tv to make the conversation make sence and it will activate a sequence.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/07/09 12:50 AM

Of course! Thanks Zak, I'll get right on to that now. Silly me.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/07/09 03:52 AM

Can someone help me with the telescope puzzle? What are the settings? Or does it matter? I know that the names are on the left the ones I have to find, but when I look through the telescope nothing really matches. I have copied the ones from the list that I need. When you mark the right name does it make a sound so you know you are right? Does any of the conselations really match the drawings or are my eyes playing tricks on me..have no clue which ones are right.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/07/09 03:59 AM

The correct setting can be seen on the stand during the present day time. Best to go back when the telescope stand is rusty.
Yes the constellations match the drawings.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/07/09 04:04 AM

Thank you very much, I will go back and look, maybe with correct settings I will see it better. Thanks again smile

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/07/09 05:00 AM

You're welcome. Have fun.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/07/09 09:17 AM

Still stuck with the bone puzzle.
I am shaking the can to what the recording says:

4L
5R
5R or 6(tried both ways)
2L
2R
2R
4L

from what I've read here and on another forum the recording is the same for everyone,I just can't seem to get it to work.

Can you tell if each individual throw is correct?

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/07/09 10:30 AM

DeVon, are you sure you have 5 bones in your inventory? I was stuck on the bones for ages because I only had four (although 15 were shown on the table when attempting the puzzle). You are doing it correctly. It should be:

4L
5R
5R
2L
2R
2R
4L

Once I realised I was missing a bone and had found it, it was very easy to complete.

When you say 'Can you tell if each individual throw is correct?' - you're not throwing the bones after each step are you? If so, that's where you are going wrong. Complete all the above steps and then throw the bones. It will be obvious when you've got it right, as the bones will form a very distinctive pattern.

Can someone help me out? I'm stuck in the room with the TV. I've got it working and have clicked on the hot spots to hear the dialogue, but I don't know what to do next. There are some numbers on the walls of that room that I suspect are part of this puzzle, but I haven't got a clue what to do with them. I'm playing on hard, by the way (wish I wasnt'!).

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/07/09 10:38 AM

Oh my,yes I am throwing the bones after each shake! blush

I will go and try again,thanks Magwitch!

Yep,that was the problem(Well,my brain was the problem)on to the hotel!

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/07/09 11:31 AM

Originally Posted By: catsmom
Can someone help me with the telescope puzzle? What are the settings? Or does it matter? I know that the names are on the left the ones I have to find, but when I look through the telescope nothing really matches. I have copied the ones from the list that I need. When you mark the right name does it make a sound so you know you are right? Does any of the conselations really match the drawings or are my eyes playing tricks on me..have no clue which ones are right.

catsmom,

The constellation puzzle was a bit difficult for me too but what helped me was drawing the constellations out on a piece of paper. That way you can rotate it around to compare with the view you see through the telescope. It's a little difficult since you don't see the "lines" looking through the telescope.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/07/09 01:27 PM

For those having problems with the telescope puzzle i made pictures so u can check if need hints:

http://img41.imageshack.us/i/celidar.png/
http://img13.imageshack.us/i/elidor.png/
http://img689.imageshack.us/i/fervian.png/
http://img682.imageshack.us/i/lorania.png/
http://img707.imageshack.us/i/malus.png/
http://img689.imageshack.us/i/parlac.png/

Mind this is for the easy mode dont know the hard puzzle sorry, ure welcome to use pictures for walkthrough if u want mag.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/07/09 01:30 PM

Devon,
Pick up the tin can with 15 bones.
Move )no need to click) the can to L and then R, then middle, then R, then L...
In other words - pick up the can and move it to the side stated without releasing it.
If same sides are stated (RR), move the tin can at center.
When done, place it at center.

Magwitch,
If you clicked on the 4 active spots in the interrogation correctly - in order - hear a crash and a hole in the wall is seen. The order of the clicks is clued in by the eyes on the wall. There are eyes with number and surrounded by other non-eye drawings.
This hole in the wall leads to the next room and another puzzle awaits.

Zak,
Thanks for the pictures. But this puzzle is a random puzzle. Each new game has different selections. Most of the puzzles in this game are random - so no direct solution can be given.
Posted By: Anster

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/07/09 03:35 PM

Greetings,

Just completed the game and I have a couple of questions.
I noticed that six bonus items were hidden in the game. e.g., you can get an item should you ring a bell in the reception several times. I’ve managed to collect only two items so far.
Does anybody know the exact location of the bonuses?

I really wonder if I found all of the items would the ending be any different.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/07/09 03:40 PM

Hi Anster, welcome to GameBoomers.

I'm still playing the game, but the only one I've come across so far is from calling the phone number that's scrawled on one of the leaflets picked up early on. I don't think that the game ending would differ if you found all 6, but perhaps another bonus of some sort. think
Posted By: graygamer

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/07/09 03:50 PM

Anyone have a solution for the TV puzzle in Room 1A? Can't figure it out fast enough and the Shadowkin gets me. Thanks

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/07/09 03:51 PM

Rushes, thank you. smile
I got the one you found already. I guess I'm gonna play the game one more time. And more thoroughly.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/07/09 03:55 PM

Anster,
So far in my replay, I have seen 3: the phone call, the reception bell, the butterfly picture in the room 1C.

graygamer,
I have a picture and I'll send that to you.
I tried counting the turns for each circuit but they change on me.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/07/09 04:11 PM

...the butterfly picture in the room 1C.

MaG, thanks. smile
I'm going to take a look at this one.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/07/09 04:24 PM

I forgot to say - it's the one propped on the dresser; at the corner.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/07/09 06:22 PM

I've completed the tv puzzle and entered room 1c through the hole in the wall (the moth room). Can anyone give me a small hint as to the nature of the puzzle in this room please? I don't seem to have anything in my inventory to open the exit door but suspect it might be something to do with switching off the light???

PS I've found 4 bonus items so far. The 3 mentioned by MaG plus another one but I can't remember where it was at the moment so I'm not much use. When I remember, I'll post again.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/07/09 06:37 PM

Hi MaG,

How close are you to being able to do a walkthrough for this one? The game is on my holiday list that I gave a few family members and hopefully a walkthrough will be ready soon.

Warm regards,

Barry

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/07/09 06:41 PM

kaz,
The pupae take phosphorescense from light.
See what happens when the lights are off.

Barry,
lol Do you want half of a walkthrough? I can send it to you now.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/07/09 06:47 PM

That would be great MaG. With that I'd tell whoever to go order it as the holiday starts Friday night. You're the best!!

Warm regards,

Barry

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/07/09 06:48 PM

lol It's on the way. No pictures yet.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/07/09 06:55 PM

MaG I sure would like half of the WT for dark fall LS to. Finally got the game to install.Thanks
Richard

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/07/09 07:11 PM

Thanks MaG. I may still be stuck as I've seen what happens when the lights are off but still haven't figured out what the puzzle is. But at least I know I'm on the right track so I'll give it another go.
Thanks for your help.

-------------

Sorry MaG, I'm still stuck. Can you give me a bigger clue as to what to do in the moth room? Thanks

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/07/09 07:17 PM

Thanks MaG. Now to get one of my family members to pay for the download and then send me the email they receive on Friday or Saturday (family get to gether).

Hugs,

Barry

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/07/09 07:24 PM

Kaz: check the area at the broken wall smile

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/07/09 07:25 PM

Barry,
lol Hope they do it earlier though.

Richard,
It's on the way.

Kaz,
When the lights are off, the pupae glow. They lose the phosphorescence after a while.
So keep the lights on-off until you finish the puzzle.
In the dark - all the pupae looks the same except one. This one has something dark inside it.
Find that one and break it open.
The solution is NOT random on this one. lol

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/07/09 07:27 PM

Thanks MaG.
Richard

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/07/09 08:21 PM

The constellation puzzle was easier when I put in the right two numbers, without them the stars were blury (thanks MaG).
If you type in Jonathan and crabtree in the seance room thing you will get 2 different pages of a journal.Also if you click on the picture on floor 2 thats lying on the floor a few times, you get another page of the journal.
This sure is a good game smile
Posted By: tarbarme

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/07/09 08:55 PM

how do u get the eyeball out from front of the tv?

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/07/09 09:07 PM

welcome tarbarme,

Use a scissor to pop up the eye. smile
Posted By: bigd7387

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/07/09 11:28 PM

Ok I haven't played an adventure game since Myst so any help on this would be appreciated. I have the tape and listened to and solved the bone puzzle. I can't access the Hotel and I haven't found any more keys to access any other areas nor have I found any coins. Can someone help me here. Thanks so much in advance.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/07/09 11:39 PM

Hi bigd7387, welcome to GameBoomers.

You need that coin - check the Stationmaster's office carefully, perhaps one fell out of his pocket somewhere...

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/08/09 12:13 AM

Thanks for the help on the coin. I used it with the number I got from the bones puzzle but after using it I guess I don't understand the message. Now I'm out of a coin and don't know if I should look for more coins or keep searching for keys which I'm starting to think don't exist. I really do believe I overthink these games. But I do love them.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/08/09 12:30 AM

welcome bigd,

If you had the sound up, you'd hear music coming out of a radio and the sound of a click.
You saw a radio already and it is close to a door that can produce that click.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/08/09 12:41 AM

OMG. I going to try it now. I heard the sounds and got a little bonus with the first number I entered on the phone. Thanks for the help.
Posted By: Waxy

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/08/09 01:50 AM

Greetings,

I've used the scissors on the cabinet and have explored the next room and found the glowing door. Now I'm just wandering around aimlessly.

Hopefully one of you can give me a nudge in the right direction.

TIA

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/08/09 02:22 AM

What room is this? 1F?
Have you looked up?
Have you read the exercise book?
Have you looked at the door with no doorknob?
Have you taken the Dark Fall pages?
Have you taken the doorknob?
Have you followed the clues of the text messages?
Have you received the text message that there's a new guest?
Have you checked the storeroom?

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/08/09 03:11 AM

MaG would you have a save after getting into the stationmaster room the one with the dial lock code. I'm sure I have all the number I need but I can't get into the room. Thanks
Richard

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/08/09 11:04 AM

Hi Richard,

Are you clicking on the Enter button in the centre of the dial after turning to each number?

The full number is:
Click to reveal..

Posted By: betty9090a

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/08/09 12:08 PM

Hi Mag

Could you please tell me when the walkthrouugh will be posted for Dark Fall 3.

Thanks

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/08/09 12:10 PM

where are those pesky scissors?
Posted By: Janis

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/08/09 12:28 PM

hi all,

I need some help also.. I have found all 3 fuses and the handle and I make it also into the shed, turned the light on in the shed and I have also already replaced the 3 fuses... and now it looks like I still need smth, above of the fuses there is a hotspot, but it looks like I'm still missing smth, cos none of my things in my inventory works on it...

can anyone help me out please? thank you....

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/08/09 12:36 PM

for janis,
do u have the handle thats in the station area or the handle from the bathroom? (sorries if its spoilers for somepeople) You need the handle from the main station for that hotspot u mention.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/08/09 12:40 PM

another handle? hmmm... strange... cos I've had smth what looks like a handle, picked it up (I think it was there where I found a fuse, in the same box, could that be that one you mean???), but that's gone already, it's not anymore in my inventory...

I'm gonna take a another walk on the train station and look again for it...

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/08/09 12:44 PM

look for a long box hanging on the wall and it will be for tickets thats the handle u need.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/08/09 01:03 PM

betty - MaG is working on it, please be patient. smile You can ask questions here in the meantime if you are stuck. Thanks.

tarbarme - If you're still needing those scissors, they are in room 1B. The room is only accessible via room 1D.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/08/09 01:09 PM

[blip], I really couldn't find it... I only found a cigarette machine, but couldn't take the handle of it away... I think, I need a break.. .will look for it later... thank you anyway...

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/08/09 01:13 PM

Janis, the ticket machine is on the far right wall inside the waiting area - that's at the middle section of platform. You can access the room via the boarded up window.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/08/09 01:17 PM

I tried to go thru 1d but the mattress is blocking the hole in the wall and no hotspots for me to move it. unless I have to do something else 1st.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/08/09 01:20 PM

Have you examined the wardrobe in that room yet?

You should be able to slide the mattress out of the way. Click-hold and then drag it to the right. luck

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/08/09 01:26 PM

sorries but there are no hand spots on that mattress for me to move it. I have been beside it when u come thru the door and in front of it. both spots come up with the cross cursor.
Sorries went back again and looked at that wardrobe,(I was there one time and must I forgot to save it) then the mattress will move.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/08/09 01:58 PM

Glad you found the trigger. Have fun.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/08/09 03:06 PM

I have been wandering around looking for the 4th eye and not found it. but wandered into that storage area on the 1st floor the one the guy is pointing too but couldn't get out. none of the men look like the one I'm suppose to look for.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/08/09 03:40 PM

Have I ever been stuck so many times in one game? - NO.
I've got this message "Tickets please" so I went to the ticket office but every thing seems to already been done in that area..
Is this game hard to solve? -YES

Well I've found it, and I was wrong about the ticket office but really right about it. This particular puzzle is an example of unjust and bad game design, I'm sorry to say.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/08/09 04:07 PM

smulan,

I don't understand. The 'Ticket, please' hint was very direct. You go to the ticket office and look for something close to where the Station employee asks for tickets. That is the place in the backroom of the depot.

The clues are there if you watch for it. The text messages are the most direct clues I have seen and guides you to next place.

tarbarme,
Bring light to the back area of the storeroom. You will see the drawing done by Amy. You saw this previously in a cutscene. There was emphasis on that cutscene. luck

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/08/09 05:13 PM

MaG
Sorry, got a bit carried away perhaps...
But my point is that this was an area already covered, of course someone (some ghost or other) could have put it there after my first visit but I don't like that idea for a gameplay, thats all..
Anyway, thanks for your hints and your walkthroughs, it's much appreciated.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/08/09 05:31 PM

Rushes,that is a random puzzle for the stationmaster room ,the first three number I have is 493 21974. I'm sure those are the right numbers,will keep trying.Thanks
Richard

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/08/09 06:33 PM

Ugh, random puzzles - the bane of the Hints moderator! sick Good luck, Richard. If you still need that save game let us know.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/08/09 07:03 PM

I still think I would need a save Rushes. Thanks
Richard

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/08/09 07:12 PM

The save's on its way, check your e-mail in a few minutes.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/08/09 07:16 PM

Thanks Rushes.
Richard

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/08/09 07:21 PM

You're welcome.
Posted By: dorish

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/09/09 03:43 PM

Hi, Could I also please have a save for the stationmaster's door? My numbers are 72821974,but the door still wont open. Thanks in advance,

Doreen

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/09/09 04:45 PM

Doreen,

Are you pressing the enter button in between each number?
Like 7 enter 2 enter 8 enter 2...

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/09/09 04:49 PM

Yes I am Mag,but to no avail.

Doreen

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/09/09 05:03 PM

Bear with me Doreen. I want to know why some can and some cannot get this after getting the number.

Have you read the letter of the stationmaster before you did the clipboards and puzzle?

Saved game on the way.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/09/09 05:10 PM

Yes I have MaG, I did that part from your w/t.

Doreen

-------------

Thank you very much for the save MaG.

Doreen
Posted By: revco

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/13/09 01:02 AM

Hello,

I'm having trouble with Gloria. She keeps crashing the car. I know the questions are random so can someone give some examples...thanks.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/13/09 01:09 AM

Go through the dialogues to see which ones she answers: Yes, I must not forget or If only my life has been different.

Why do you not want to sleep again?

There must be life after prison.

Lead a lonely life travelling alone.

Newspaper knows nothing, nothing not even your name. If only my life has been different.

Mention the name of the lover. Yes, I must not forget
Posted By: revco

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/14/09 12:34 AM

finally got it...thanks MaG!

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/14/09 12:57 AM

Great! Have fun!
Posted By: margaret

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/14/09 03:05 PM

I'm stuck in the hotellobby. have searched the receptiondesk, saw the messages, saw the safe. have played a game with Amy (look behind), was upstairs, couldn't do there anything, saw the cellardoor but I can't find the cellarkey. walkthrough says look left of clock and on debris in hallway. use flashlight. I think I'm looking in the wrong spot. nothing happens.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/14/09 03:20 PM

Check here:

Posted By: margaret

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/14/09 03:30 PM

thanks a lot MaG.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/14/09 04:20 PM

You're welcome. Have fun.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/14/09 09:50 PM

I am at the tracks with the leaves blocking the way. I turned left and saw the tower. turned right as instructed in the walkthrough yet I can't find the stairs or ladder to climb up to get to the bucket with the first fuse. I found the second one on the platform in the bucket already but went back and still can't find that stairway or ladder near the tower. Help please.

Regards,

Barry

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/14/09 11:16 PM

You need to be on platform 2 - the platform with the wooden fence, benches and posters of Amy. Standing on that platform, to your right are the steps leading up to the hotel. Turn left and go to the opposite end of the platform, you'll see an arch and steps leading up. Those are the steps to climb.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/14/09 11:19 PM

Thanks Rushes I'll give it a try tonight or tomorrow ( going out for dinner tonight). That's where I found the bucket with the 2nd fuse coreect?

Regards,

Barry

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/14/09 11:36 PM

My memory playing tricks - not the platform with the toilets. I edited my above post. smile

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/15/09 02:08 PM

Thanks Rushes, I found it last night and got the fuse, also saw the ghost of the girl. Thanks again.

Regards,

Barry

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/15/09 02:15 PM

Glad you found it.
Posted By: maggsie

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/16/09 02:44 PM

Hi MaG, Can you tell me if the saves are unlimited. I can only play for about and hour and I get spooked LOL so I am saving quite a lot.
Regards
Maggsie
Posted By: old lady

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/16/09 05:27 PM

Sorry to be a pain but I'm stuck at the panel for the emergency signal. I've got the random signal letters and number, in my case DT 934. I've pressed the E followed by the GWR 934 pattern but the voice asks if I'm trying to crash the 4.50 Any ideas?

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/16/09 05:32 PM

Hi old lady,

Make sure that you're clicking on the highlighted squares, rather than the dark pattern.

Edit: maggsie, I'm not MaG, but I found there to be ample save slots in this game, and I saved plenty of times. If there's a limit, then I didn't reach it. wink
Posted By: old lady

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/16/09 05:43 PM

Oh how simple thank you very much as I thought I was going insane

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/16/09 05:45 PM

*whisper* I did the same thing as you. lol Have fun.
Posted By: maggsie

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/16/09 06:38 PM

Hi Rushes, Thanks for that. I can save to my hearts content. If the ghosts spook me too much I can get out.
I opened the waiting room door at one time and WOW!!!! I nearly had a wobbly LOL
Kind regards
Maggsie
Posted By: mattclark

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/18/09 05:57 PM

Originally Posted By: maggsie
... Can you tell me if the saves are unlimited. I can only play for about and hour and I get spooked LOL so I am saving quite a lot.

Hi,

I think Jonathan is away for the holiday season, but here is a little information on the Lost Souls Save Games. There are 100 save slots in all. A lesson learnt after The Lost Crown, which only had 8! Unfortunately you can't scroll through the saves, in both directions! It's a limitation in the software.

It is quick and easy to back up your save games too, in the saves folder. On XP saves folder is in 'My Documents\Dark Fall - Lost Souls'. On Vista and Windows 7, you will find the folder 'Dark Fall - Lost Souls' in the user Personal Save Games.

Matt

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/18/09 11:39 PM

Thanks, Matt. :holidays:
Posted By: monbron

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/19/09 05:02 PM

Hi there, I am at the dial lock puzzle, I know I have the right combination I saw Rush's post on the 8th, I followed MaG's w/t in that I got the numbers from the clipboard by lamps, on chair and by suitcases, I know I have the other number right (mail one)but no luck, I have tried a combination of the 3 numbers from top left still no luck, I am pressing enter after each number - BUT you guessed it no luck!! Now in the past it has always been something stupid I am doing. anyone know what I may have forgotten?? If not any ideas what I do next? :rolleyes12:

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/19/09 05:13 PM

monbron,

Have you read the letter written in green ink and the station manual from the dark ticket counter?
You have to do that first before you read the clipboards. It's the reason why you're reading the clipboard.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/19/09 05:25 PM

Yes I have done that...

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/19/09 05:37 PM

monbron,

Please send me that saved game. Let me check.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/19/09 06:55 PM

Have sent the file, took me a while to find it, it wasn't in programme files where everything else was, the saves are in my docs??

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/19/09 07:19 PM

Yes - it's at My Documents.
I sent you back the solved saved game.
I used 437 21974.
Be sure that you are pressing the 'enter' button - not the 'reset' button. Have fun.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/19/09 08:41 PM

Thanks you so much, any idea why it was 437 and not 473?? and yes I was pressing the enter button 'cos at first I was pressing the reset button every time - duh - but I worked that one out, I'm getting better at checking before I ask.
You'll make a gamer out of me yet, either that or give up trying :lol12:

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/19/09 09:02 PM

As I read it, the three has a pencil erasure after it - so there's another number after 3.
The 7 had a clean paper after it. No erasure but there were erasures or pencil marks in front of it.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/19/09 10:03 PM

I'll have to go back and check all that tomorrow, thank you, I'm well on my way now. :winter: this is what it is like in Kent at the moment -brrr

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/20/09 12:42 AM

Keep warm.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/20/09 07:52 PM

Thanks MaG I checked back and I see what you mean, my latest problem is that the scissors keep breaking trying to get the blue eye, I'm playing the easy game and every time I use the scissors 3 times they break. I have tried left to right, up and down but they still break and I find I am using the mouse soooooooooooo slowly just to be gentle!!?? - how daft is that. I must have got through 10 pairs so far. Any clues? I am getting kind of fed up with getting new scissors. :redface12:

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/20/09 10:30 PM

Hi monbron,

The scissors are tricky. Best to make a save game just before you use the scissors from inventory. That way, if they break then you can reload the save without all the to-ing and fro-ing. It took me many attempts too, I tried different angles, longer movements left and right, eventually it worked. Keep at it. luck
Posted By: BubbaJake

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/20/09 10:42 PM

I'm trying repeatedly to use the 'tool' to get the object in the floor space of the tv room, (not to give too much away) and all I end up with is the broken 'tool'. About 10 times now and it's getting old. Please can someone tell me if what I might be doing wrong. Thank you! Also,thanks for the info on finding the saved games to back them up!
Very creepy game.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/21/09 01:30 AM

Bubba,

Click-hold-move it on the space closest to you.
It's like prying or popping the eye out.
Note that it is a bit diagonal to you - so move the mouse-cursor-scissor accordingly

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/21/09 01:50 AM

Thank you, MaG!

What I was doing wrong was not holding the scissors continually. They needed to be clicked on and held, not manipulated. I got the eye and did the cabinet. Thank you again.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/21/09 01:58 AM

luck
Posted By: rockingrjranch

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/21/09 03:08 AM

I see where you guys are talking about the bones puzzle in this thread. I got the tape recorder in inventory but am unable to use it even though it is suggesting the right mouse button for info. Am I suppose to plug it in somewhere to get it to work? confused Also I am counting 15 bones in the can and I have 2 in invetory. Any connection?

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/21/09 03:29 AM

There are really 10 bones inside the can. You need 15. So you should have 5 in inventory before you can do the divination -bones puzzle.

As for the tape recorder - do you have the tapes already? The one you need to use on the tape recorder.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/21/09 03:58 PM

Thanks MaG, I will find the other bones.
As for the tape recorder I guess I don't have the tapes yet :duh12:

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/21/09 04:21 PM

You're welcome. Have fun with the game.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/21/09 05:22 PM

Thank you MaG and Bubbajake, I was letting go of the scissors - mistake - they break, so for anyone else having trouble with breaking scissors click and HOLD don't let go until you have achieved your objective. :happydance12:

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/21/09 09:05 PM

Glad you're moving forward now.
Posted By: mj2c

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/21/09 09:29 PM

Go through the dialogues to see which ones she answers: Yes, I must not forget or If only my life has been different.

Why do you not want to sleep again?

There must be life after prison.

Lead a lonely life travelling alone.

Newspaper knows nothing, nothing not even your name. If only my life has been different.

Mention the name of the lover. Yes, I must not forget

I`m stuck on this bit as well. Followed the walkthrough and the car still crashes.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/21/09 09:54 PM

Try different answers and see which ones will work for you.
Are you sure you have clicked on all active items in that room in past time when the screen is colored? You have to know all her comments during that time.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/21/09 09:59 PM

I wasnt really paying much attention to be honest. Exactly what is the purpose of this puzzle? What am I trying to acheive? Am I trying to make her say something specific? I`ve had both of the responses you mention but still crashed.

This "puzzle" is crying out for a dialog skip option BTW:-)

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/21/09 10:21 PM

mj2c,

The dialogue is the puzzle - so it can't be skipped.

Your purpose is to get her to remember her past so that she is pulled from despair and be saved - You are trying to save her.

So you should know her past and her thoughts about what happened to her by checking her room and all the active items or spots there.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/21/09 10:36 PM

I meant when you are repeating a puzzle like this over and over again you dont really want to listen to every sentence to the very end every time.

Anyway Ive had another go and I`m still none the wiser. This puzzle has registered a total blank for me, I just dont get it. So if any kind soul still has a saved game for this part I would appreciate it.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/21/09 10:52 PM

mj2c,

I sent you a saved game.
You have 2 more of this kind of puzzle - 2 more lost souls.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/21/09 11:35 PM

Reveived it thanks.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/22/09 03:27 AM

I'm stuck! :frown12:

I need to find a key for the tool box in the back by the garbage can that has the fire in it. I also need to know what to do with that garbage can. Any hints. Oh and I also need to find three more bones.... any hints are appreciated.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/22/09 04:37 AM

The toolbox that is behind the drum with fire is for later in the game.
Same goes for the drum with fire.

For the bones: one was with the key that you opened the Buffet door.
3 bones are in the buffet area.
One is hidden in the buffet area and the mannequin points to it.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/22/09 06:00 PM

I'm having the same problem MJ2c was having. She says '...yes.' to some of my choices (in the 'car') BUT whenever I even mention 'Anton' (the guy she likes in my game) she goes off on me. I've tried all the statements and nothing works in any order. Could I have missed something?

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/22/09 06:22 PM

Maybe you have not checked all the active spots in her room?
I sent you a saved game.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/22/09 07:33 PM

Thank you MaG.
Posted By: owen

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/22/09 09:37 PM

I am having trouble entering the six constellations at the telescope,I have been unable to find the Ferivan configuration in room 2E, I have read the book(one page) and viewed the two wall charts but Ferivan does not appear on any of them and I am wondering about the corner wardrobe has the look icon (magnifying glass) but nothing happens, could some kind soul (not lost)please help me with this problem.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/22/09 09:45 PM

Hi owen,

Check the book cover illustration, and the label at bottom of inside cover.

You won't need to access the wardrobe, so don't worry about that.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/22/09 09:46 PM

I cant find that one either. Also I cant match a single one of the constellation at the telescope. None of them seem to bare any relation to the patterns in the book/pics on wall. Just look like random splodges to me. I clearly dont have an eye for stars.

I`ll flail about for a few more minutes but I think I might need another save game for this one.

Ok, I`m never going to get this in a million years. Anyone got a save?

TIA

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/23/09 12:59 AM

The saved game is on the way, mj2c.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/23/09 04:16 AM

Thanks MaG. I didn't get a chance to get back into the game today but this at least will get me pointed in the right direction.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/23/09 10:23 AM

Thanks for the save game MaG.
Posted By: nanounono

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/23/09 10:43 AM

i don't know where to insert the handel in the cabinet .. plz help frown

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/23/09 12:08 PM

Hi nanounono,

Is this the winch cabinet? Be sure to use the correct handle here - either the one from the backyard workbox, or from the ladies' toilet.

Move your cursor slowly over the cabinet to find the active spot.

luck

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/23/09 12:14 PM

so do you mean that i have to use the handle with the cabbinet or the winch .. because i've tried both and nothing worked.

-------------

i see an active spo in the upper left corner of the cabinet but when i click it it makes zoom in then nothing happenes :S .. i'm so confused.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/23/09 01:17 PM

Hmmm. headscratch I don't have the game installed anymore, otherwise I'd check for you. Let's wait for better memories on this part.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/23/09 02:13 PM

You should have taken BOTH the winch parts. They are found at the work box by the fire in the drum and the other is in the ladies toilet.
You need both winches to work.

Look close at the winch cabinet to open the cabinet at the wall in the alley.

Once the cabinet is opened - Insert either one of the winches (do not use the T-shaped one you got from the ticket machine).
The 2 winches you picked up will automatically combine.
The winch hole is at top right of the cabinet. luck
I have a saved game here if you want.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/23/09 02:45 PM

i have got both of the winch handels already in my inventory .. but i can't find that winch cabinet to look close at it or even open it :S .. i think i'm missing something here if you can show me snapshoots i'd be thankfull :$

ohh yeaa finally i got it .. thx alot smile

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/23/09 03:15 PM

Great!

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/23/09 05:10 PM

ok .. now i'm stuck in the Emergency Signalling Guide part .. my code was DT 684 .. every time i do the pattern it tells me i'm going t crash the sytstem .. HELP!!.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/23/09 06:23 PM

Make sure that you're clicking on the highlighted squares, rather than the dark pattern.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/23/09 10:10 PM

i did and still geting nothing.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/23/09 10:25 PM

Be sure that you have looked close at the number under the signal light outside.
Also double check that you are looking at the patter -684 on the Great Western Railway page.
Then you pulled the lever after entering the correct coded lights luck

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/23/09 10:26 PM

Did you select E on the top part of the panel, for Dowerton?

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/23/09 10:33 PM

i did all of that .. looked close at the number and checked it in the book many times .. selected E on the top part panel and pulled the lever .. still nothing frown.

there isn't 684 in the great western railway page it is only found in the great southern railway page!!.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/23/09 11:00 PM

I just saw your edit, nano - I remembered another member having the same problem - see this old thread HERE.

So try 634 and that should get you through.

A frustrating game glitch.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/23/09 11:07 PM

thx alot .. that was really [edited] off laugh

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/23/09 11:10 PM

Glad that helped. smile
Enjoy the game.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/24/09 04:49 PM

hi .. i'm still playing it and now i'm stuck in the safe's puzzel .. i enter the pattern i get from the pigeon hole behind the reception desk but nothing happenes. what to do ?

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/24/09 04:53 PM

You need something else to solve this puzzle. The pattern itself is not enough. Explore the rooms upstairs and you`ll come across what you need when you`re further into the game.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/24/09 04:56 PM

i've got the code from andrew and now i need the telescope lens .. so how to open the safe?

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/24/09 04:58 PM

The numbers correspond to the numbers on the pattern. Just move the lever in that order.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/24/09 04:59 PM

i did and when i finish it does nothing .. the safe doesn't open.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/24/09 05:09 PM

Look closer. There arent just up/down/left/right positions. There`s one somewhere in the middle as well

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/24/09 05:17 PM

is there is anything supposed to happen after making this pattern .. because i did it like this .. left,top,middel,bottom and right and nothing happened frown

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/24/09 05:25 PM

The safe should open. What is the code you have? I cant remember it.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/24/09 05:27 PM

it is 35421 but i can't find the dial numbers bcause the safe doesn't want to open.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/24/09 05:36 PM

Well on mine that would be Middle, Right, Bottom, Top, Left. Although I`m not sure if the numbers on the pattern are the same for everyone as there seem to be random elements to the game. My pattern is numbered

x

Looks like leading spaces are cut from messages so note theres a space before the 2, the x and the 4

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/24/09 06:00 PM

Thanks mj2C.
The code is a random number. So they will be different.

nanonuono, There is no dial on or inside the safe.
The code given to you by Andrew is the one needed to open the safe.
Use the paper seen on the pigeon hole behind the registration desk as the guide.
See where 1 2 3 4 5 are positioned on the safe using that paper.
Then use the code given by Andrew to move the knob to those positions.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/24/09 06:44 PM

ih yea now i understand .. thx alot i will try this now.

the telescope puzzel is driving me crazy .. my list is .. fristan,lorania,parlac,fervian,lepia & karack .. now i can't find the drwa for fervian anywhere .. and i can't locate them through lens :s.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/24/09 09:00 PM

Fervian is the cover picture of the book at the bedside table. Check the inside cover text.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/24/09 10:21 PM

thx i was able to solve it but now i'm having a problem with the artifact puzzle as the symbols don't want to be arranged. the main problem is with the 3rd and the 5th rings they can't be placed together in the right arrangement.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/24/09 11:21 PM

Since this is a random puzzle, try studying what rings are affected by thoe 2 rings when you right click or left click them.
Count how far (clicks) the icons you want to move to the position and adjust accordingly.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/26/09 05:38 PM

I've gotten to the part about Matilda Fly and began pretty upbeat until I found that I was missing something to do her part. I checked out the walkthrough.
I was supposed to get coins from Mr. Bones and DID NOT!
What in the world am I going to do now? I've been playing mostly without the walkthrough and didn't even imagine I should have gotten coins from him. Can anyone suggest how I can get coins now?
Thank you.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/26/09 06:25 PM

Bubba,

Just go back to the tower to Bones and get the coins.
Posted By: Phoenix Star

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/26/09 06:52 PM

The walkthrough says I am supposed to get a "coin farthing" from the top left of the arm chair in the ticket room but there is nothing up there!

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/26/09 06:59 PM

Click all over the chair and wait for the cursor to change. It was just a matter of luck that I found it. It`s definately there.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/26/09 07:00 PM

Thank you, thank you, thank you MaG. (I tried something else but it naturally didn't work!)

Phoenix, I got a farthing from the arm or back of the chair where the train info was. It was kinda hard to find, but on that chair, just in front of the little wall cabinet is where I found it.
Posted By: Phoenix Star

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/26/09 07:11 PM

Thanks - I didn't realize I had to be zoomed up on it to find it.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/26/09 09:36 PM

I don't know what I thought I was doing when I found the cadaver in the tower! I didn't know it was Mr. Bones. For some reason I thought he was locked up alive.
Posted By: Kate

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/27/09 03:08 PM

I am totally stumped at the constellation puzzle. Can somebody send me a saved game and remind me how to use it.

I am using Vista and know where the saved games file is.

Thank you so much.

Kate

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/27/09 04:26 PM

Kate,

It's on the way.
Posted By: Lise

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/27/09 09:36 PM

Best wishes..
I'm at the depot station and I can't open the dial lock.
I think I have the right numbers but ...
You have a save please,
thank you
How fast, I can go on, thank you

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/27/09 09:47 PM

Hi Lise,

The save's on its way.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/28/09 12:54 AM

Kate, you might have made the same mistake I did. Remember to do the equatorial settings at the top of the tripod or the constellations will all be blurry and impossible to do!
Posted By: ShyTy

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/28/09 03:11 AM

I'm a little lost at the point of going up to level 3 and using the dials? I have activated them but I'm not sure how to use them. I get to the point where the black mist is and see the wrench so I activate the ring but nothing happens. I'm lost as to what to do?

Thanks for any help!

Lori

EDIT: Never mind didn't realize you actually pickup the item and use it!

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/28/09 03:32 AM

Hi Lori,

Glad you got through now. Enjoy the ending.
Posted By: ShyTy

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/28/09 03:54 AM

Thank you MaG, WoW what a game! I'm still in awe with all that this game offered! happydance

Lori wave
Posted By: hatshepsut

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/28/09 03:24 PM

I am stuck in the depot at the staff room door dial lock. I have tried starting a new game and reinstalling the game and I haven't been able to get any of the numbers to unlock the door. Could I please get a save for just past the locked door from someone? Thank you.

hatshepsut

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/28/09 03:25 PM

Hi hatshepsut,

The save's on its way. wave

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/28/09 05:38 PM

I think I am stuck! I am in the room with the scissors. When I look down on the floor there are a bunch of what appears to be cockroaches wrapped in foil. I keep picking them up but either they are empty or have one or two bugs in them. Ugh! Am I suppose to get something in inventory? sick
Posted By: hatshepsut

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/28/09 05:51 PM

The save worked perfect. Thank you Rushes.

hatshepsut

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/28/09 06:00 PM

Nancy - yes, there is something in those foils that will help you. You need to receive a text message first, though, that mentions "shiny parcels".

Glad the save worked for you, hatshepsut. thumbsup

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/28/09 07:21 PM

Thanks Rushes. I'll poke around until I get a text message.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/28/09 08:40 PM

luck
Posted By: GIOVANNA LARIOU

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/28/09 11:40 PM

I'm stuck at the station number dial lock. I have the numbers 3, 5, 2 and the number 21974 but nothing happens. What I'm doing wrong?

Please help

Thank you cry

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/28/09 11:46 PM

Hi Giovanna,

Are you pressing the Enter button after entering each number? The Reset button is just below it, be sure not to press that in error - the buttons are so close to each other that it's easily done.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/28/09 11:59 PM

@Rushes

Believe me I'm pressing the Enter button but this door does not open!!!

What I have to do in order to proceed these are the numbers that I got, pity me!! slapforehead

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/29/09 12:01 AM

You're not the only one who's had trouble with this lock, if that's any comfort!

Did you read the letter and staff manual on the ticket counter?

Would you prefer a saved game?

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/29/09 12:35 AM

@Rushes

Yes I have read the letter and everything.

Please a saved:game will be the perfect gift for New Years Eve.

Thank you hearts

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/29/09 12:40 AM

On its way to you now. smile

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/29/09 05:44 AM

Does anyone happen to know if there is a big difference between easy and hard mode?
Posted By: Dumbledore

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/29/09 07:55 AM

Hi rockingrjranch
I posted this some time ago on a different thread.
I hope it helps.

...the puzzles aren't more difficult, but there are a couple of differences.
The scissors, which you get to use in a few locations, break more easily on hard.
As well as that, you get longer to solve the time-limited sequences on easy.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/29/09 02:10 PM

Thanks Dumbledore! I think I am stuck again. I just got done with the room with a hole in the ceiling and am across from a door with a glowing? emblem on it. I cannot get in that door and end up back out on platform 2. I don't know where to go from here and need a little push. Thanks in advance

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/29/09 02:41 PM

Go to the end of that corridor. Turn right and see a mannequin pointing to a door.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/29/09 04:54 PM

@Rushes

Thank you!!! You are an angel. Happy New Year bravo

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/29/09 09:32 PM

You're welcome! And a Happy New Year to you too.
Enjoy the game.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/30/09 04:37 PM

"Tickets Please" think? That was my new message and now I am stuck again. Another push please. I keep looking at all the tickets on the station floor but no luck.

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/30/09 06:41 PM

Enter the depot through the window. Go to the back room where the staff takes tickets.
Posted By: Upsydaisy

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/31/09 03:42 PM

I'm stuck in that car! have used MaG's hints and have tried at least 50 times and she still crashes. Save game please or any further tips.
Thanks and Happy New Year to all :newyear:

Edit: tiz OK, worked it out!!

Re: Dark Fall LS - 12/31/09 04:25 PM

Glad you got through, Upsy. yay

Edit: This thread has reached 21 pages, so I'll close it now. Any new questions may be posted on a new thread. thanks
© 2024 GameBoomers Community