GB HOMEPAGE

The Whispered World (Demo)

Posted By: Cathy1

The Whispered World (Demo) - 04/11/10 08:43 PM

Hi Boomers
I'm stuck in the demo. Can anyone tell me how to get the map for the forest. I already have the compass. I've picked up everything I can get my hands on (even the cork). I've tried combining everything with everything and everybody. Thanks for any help I can get.

Cathy duh
Posted By: Rushes

Re: The Whispered World (Demo) - 04/11/10 09:31 PM

Hi Cathy,

I haven't played this demo. Let's wait for help here. wave
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: The Whispered World (Demo) - 04/11/10 11:23 PM

Cathy, you need to put Spot back into his original shape (not round) and then put him on the hole in the stovepipe.

Ana wave
Posted By: MaG

Re: The Whispered World (Demo) - 04/11/10 11:25 PM

To get the map:
The brother should tell you he hid the map in the caravan.

Go to caravan.Examine the stove. There's a hole on top I think - pipe.
Then click on the worm feature at top right.
He will change.
Then use him on that hole. He gets a box.

To get the key - the bear has it in his mouth. That's another puzzle.

Hi, Ana. wave
Posted By: kjos

Re: The Whispered World (Demo) - 04/12/10 12:42 AM

Hi MaG
Trying to find Shana. Talked to the rocks and went to Shanas cabin and set the clock at half past noon but she isn't there. great game but I'm stuck. must be pretty close to the end of the demo. thanks
Richard

Re: The Whispered World (Demo) - 04/12/10 01:09 AM

That's where I'm stuck also Richard. I don't know if were suppose to answer the rocks questions correctly either.

Re: The Whispered World (Demo) - 04/12/10 01:19 AM

You made a hand for the clock.
Try entering time by moving the hands of the clock.
Then go out and talk to the rock brothers. They give you a hint.
So enter 12:30. Do the hour first to 12. Then minute hand to 6. Press the button in the middle.
Something should happen. luck

Re: The Whispered World (Demo) - 04/12/10 01:30 AM

Did all that Mag. The note says something about (Do the sleeping dragon a favor) or something like that. That's where I'm stuck.

Re: The Whispered World (Demo) - 04/12/10 01:35 AM

Thanks MaG, never thought to press the middle button.
Richard

Re: The Whispered World (Demo) - 04/12/10 01:46 AM

You're welcome. Hope that makes it.

Sorry, Cathy - missed your post.
Sleeping dragon - that's the clue for next time.
Read the schedule of your day - I think given by your brother. In it is the time when you need to work on the dragon that pulls the caravan.

Re: The Whispered World (Demo) - 04/12/10 02:11 AM

It was actually the sleeping giant. I finished the demo. What an excellent.excellent game. I can't wait for the full version. Thank you for all the help. I have goose bumps after playing it.

Re: The Whispered World (Demo) - 04/12/10 02:15 AM

Glad you got through also. Yes, the note says giant. smile

Re: The Whispered World (Demo) - 04/12/10 05:37 PM

How do I wash Bruno.
Richard

Re: The Whispered World (Demo) - 04/12/10 06:30 PM

Let's wait for help here. I stopped playing.

Re: The Whispered World (Demo) - 04/12/10 06:37 PM

Thanks MaG.
Richard

Re: The Whispered World (Demo) - 04/13/10 04:05 PM

You don't get to wash Bruno in the demo. At least I couldn't. I finished the demo.

Re: The Whispered World (Demo) - 04/13/10 04:49 PM

Thanks Cathy1. Can't wait until the game comes out.
Richard
Posted By: Betty Lou

Re: The Whispered World (Demo) - 04/14/10 08:27 PM

Hi everybody - no one else seems to have gotten stuck here in the demo at the very beginning like I am - I have clicked on everything and get no 'action' or 'do this/something' icon at all. Can not pick anything up, cannot read the note, cannot leave and go outside. What am I doing wrong? I have read and printed out the 'readme' page but it is no help, yet. Someone give me a big shove in the right direction please.....thanks
Love, Betty Lou

Re: The Whispered World (Demo) - 04/15/10 12:06 AM

You have an ornate cursor.
Move it around - when the cursor shows a bright light at the center - you can interact with that item.
Click then and you will get a selection that has: eye, mouth and hand. Select one of those to interact.
Posted By: mbday630

Re: The Whispered World (Demo) - 04/15/10 03:40 PM

I have everything too and saw the hole but spot is still round and fat. How do I get him thin enough to get into the hole? I have put him on the bear, the trap, bruno, the cauldron.. everything that I can think of to get him thin but he won't go into the hole. thanks.

Re: The Whispered World (Demo) - 04/15/10 03:44 PM

Gee. I hope my memory is correct - I think there's a picture of the Spot at top right? If so click on him and he should go back to normal.
If you don't see it - move the cursor to top right and see if Spot shows up.

Re: The Whispered World (Demo) - 04/15/10 09:59 PM

Put your cursor at the very top right of the screen. The page should fold down. You will see some circles. Click on the first one and it will make spot normal again. Have fun.
Posted By: Sherryah

Re: The Whispered World (Demo) - 04/19/10 05:13 PM

I am really stuck I have the map but can't find the compass so I can go into the woods. Where is it please? Where do I find the cork? Where do I find food for spot? This game is good but I wish they would have added hints. Thanks in advance.

Re: The Whispered World (Demo) - 04/19/10 05:16 PM

The clues are there if you talk to everyone and check items.

Compass: Talk to grandpa completely after talking to Ben and after getting lost at the forest.

Cork - check Grandpa's trailer completely and then close the door while inside.

Spot is thirsty. There's a water beside Ben.

Re: The Whispered World (Demo) - 04/20/10 08:34 AM

Thank You MaG appreciate your help. Now can anyone tell me at the ruins trying to find Shana,by the stone with the tongue, how do I get through the thorny brush to get to the gate? I tried the shovel and it didn't work.

Re: The Whispered World (Demo) - 04/20/10 12:18 PM

You have to open the gate behind the bushes first.

Check the statue and then talk to Bobby.

Re: The Whispered World (Demo) - 04/20/10 07:44 PM

Hi MaG,
I did as you said but I don't have anything to open the gate and there is no keyhole. How do I open the gate? I returned to Bobby and nothing new was said. Really stuck thanks again in advance for any help.

Re: The Whispered World (Demo) - 04/20/10 07:51 PM

Looks like you didn't check the statue completely.

The statue has moss on the forehead. Remove the moss (with I think a hankie from grandpa) and you find a hole and a sort of royal insignia.
These are then new topics to talk to Bobby about.

Re: The Whispered World (Demo) - 04/20/10 11:15 PM

OH Thank you MaG I saw the moss but didn't think of removing it!

Re: The Whispered World (Demo) - 04/20/10 11:59 PM

luck

Re: The Whispered World (Demo) - 04/22/10 05:41 PM

Thanks MaG, well I am back and wondering if I should buy whispering world without built in hints I have had to ask you many questions just to get through the demo. This is not a easy game one of the hardest I have found thus far. I have set the clock the 1st time for 12:30 hit button seen note about helping the giant, but nothing happens after I leave that is different. I am not allowed to wake up the giant creature told to do the cannon thing.

I have cork,cannon balls but where do I get the rest of stuff for cannon? Please get me past this part I am really stuck in this demo. Thanks again. Even after I set the clock hit the middle button and note shows what to do next but at circus nothing happens different even with speaking to people.

Please tell me also when I leave Shana's house I don't know how to enter it again. The rocks laugh at me but do not tell me anything new from the first time I entered Shana's house and set the clock. Help please!

Re: The Whispered World (Demo) - 04/22/10 05:52 PM

You can always check the walkthrough for hints.

It has fun puzzles, I agree.

After you hit the button for 12:30, you should see a ray of light point to a note.
The note states: Do a sleeping giant a favor.

So - In inventory, read Sadwick's daily schedule. See that at 12:15, Sadwick is supposed to wash Bruno, the gentle giant who was sleeping when he left the circus.

Now you have another time to enter on the clock. You can go from there.

You will get notes and times on this puzzle. You need to talk to Shana first before you can do the cannonball.

As for entering Shana's cabin. Always be at the inside of the door and then exit OUT. That will bring you inside Shana's cabin. luck
Posted By: monbron

Re: The Whispered World (Demo) - 04/22/10 06:19 PM

I see the game is available to purchase, is there a w/t for it, I seem to think some body said that there were lots of hints, but it would be so much nicer if the wonderful MaG was going to produce a w/t (crawl crawl)

Re: The Whispered World (Demo) - 04/22/10 06:37 PM

The 'wonderful' (doubtful) MaG will not let you down. If you want a partial now - holler.

Re: The Whispered World (Demo) - 04/22/10 07:03 PM

Please send me walkthrough MaG I would appreciate it for the demo.

Re: The Whispered World (Demo) - 04/22/10 07:28 PM

Check your e-mail, Sherryah.

Re: The Whispered World (Demo) - 04/23/10 02:28 AM

Thank you so much MaG! I got the walkthrough so with your brains on my side I will buy the game. flowers thanks
Posted By: monbron

Re: The Whispered World (Demo) - 04/23/10 09:36 AM

Well thats it I'm off the buy the game!! happydance
Posted By: FJT

Re: The Whispered World (Demo) - 04/24/10 12:14 AM

How do I get to Shana's cabin? Are there correct answers to the rock's questions?

Thanks,
FJT

Re: The Whispered World (Demo) - 04/24/10 12:18 AM

That door is Shana's cabin.
You just have to enter it the right way.
Later when you're inside Shana's cabin, you can get a clue from the Rock Brothers.
And far later in the game, you will answer questions after you learned the answers.

Click to reveal..
To enter Shana's cabin - go behind the door and exit out through the door.
Posted By: FJT

Re: The Whispered World (Demo) - 04/24/10 12:48 AM

Thanks once again MaG. FJT

Re: The Whispered World (Demo) - 04/24/10 01:08 AM

You're welcome.

Re: The Whispered World (Demo) - 04/25/10 09:33 PM

Hi MaG,
I am still in the demo! I talked to Shana and she went into the trance and did the prophecy. The last thing sadwick says is "When asked about the prophecy, Sadwick cannot get himself to tell the truth - instead he says that he will save the world. "

After this I have no control over the game it takes me to promo for the game. Your walkthrough says there is more to do for instance make the cannon and go to the tree. How to I get on with the demo game? When I hit continue I am back in Shana's house and she is gone, what do I do next? The sleeping giant was never bathed, but I read the note and the note is still there. So is the color of the world note.

EDIT....................
Ok for the 1st time after talking to shana and he says he will save the world and has to get it off his chest sometime the demo appears to end is that correct? Ordering full version now since I don't have to just rely on my brain and can rely on your genius walkthru MaG. catrub

Re: The Whispered World (Demo) - 04/25/10 10:29 PM

The one I sent you was Chapter 1. The demo was part of that.

You finished the demo - and need to get the full version.

Re: The Whispered World (Demo) - 04/25/10 11:17 PM

yes ordering full version now it is a fun game although harder puzzles than I am use to. thanks
© 2024 GameBoomers Community