GB HOMEPAGE

Black Mirror Dynamite Glitch

Posted By: BillyBob

Black Mirror Dynamite Glitch - 06/04/10 05:04 AM

I've played through to the point of placing the dymaite where it belongs but there is no way I can attach the fuse cable. I access the fuse cable in inventory and place it where it says "dynamite" and nothing happens. The inventory window is somewhat in the way but as long as I can see the word "dynamite" I should be able to place the two items together.

Either a solution to the problem or a save at this point would be appreciated. laugh
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Black Mirror Dynamite Glitch - 06/04/10 07:08 AM

You've gotten further into the game than I have, so I can't help with either advice or a save.

It's probably a Hints problem, and they'll have saves over there. So I'll move you over to Hints.
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Black Mirror Dynamite Glitch - 06/04/10 11:33 AM

Hi BillyBob,

Have you uncovered the detonating device yet, and clicked on it for Darren to comment on until he runs out of things to say about it?

Re: Black Mirror Dynamite Glitch - Need a save!!! - 06/04/10 10:48 PM

Done it all so far as I know but I'll go back and click on it more. It's the first time I've had a problem with the game so didn't think it was me but maybe so. Will let you know. laugh

Went back and checked and have done everything possible. Still cannot get the fuse cable onto the dynamite. I'm sure I haven't missed doing anything so my best bet is a save just agter putting the fuse cable to the dynamite. Anyone?? laugh
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Black Mirror Dynamite Glitch - Need a save!!! - 06/05/10 01:10 AM

BB, it might be a little bit before someone with a save comes along wave How have you been?
Posted By: MaG

Re: Black Mirror Dynamite Glitch - Need a save!!! - 06/05/10 02:17 AM

You got the dynamite and the fuse cable in inventory.
Then you should locate the detonating device under the junk right of the big metal door.
Once you have those items and know where the detonating device, then you can place the dynamite on the hatch.
Then use the fuse cable on dynamite.
Go back up and use the other end of the fuse cable on the detonating device. Boom!

Re: Black Mirror Dynamite Glitch - Need a save!!! - 06/05/10 03:24 AM

Sorry, I've done everything up to the point of attaching the fuse cable to the dynamite. It just won't attach. The dynamite is on the hatch.

Re: Black Mirror Dynamite Glitch - Need a save!!! - 06/05/10 04:05 AM

The metal hatch that you're working on is the one at lower level after climbing down the ladder?

Also - it might not be overt but try attaching the fuse cable on the detonator at top level (after you go through the motion of clicking it on the dynamit). See if that works.

I sent you a saved game. Hope that it works for you.

Re: Black Mirror Dynamite Glitch - Need a save!!! - 06/05/10 07:13 AM

I don't think it would have attached to the upper hatch anyway. I tried what you suggest and nothing has worked so, hopefully, the save will do it. I'll let you know how it works outl Thanks....getting pretty frustrated here. laugh

I tried your save. It worked fine after I put it into my game but it's the wrong save. The one you sent is just before he walks into the trap and meets the guy who's trapped him. It's 3:30AM here and I'm going back to bed. Will check back here in a few hours or when I can. laugh

Re: Black Mirror Dynamite Glitch - Need a save!!! - 06/05/10 10:05 AM

Hi BillyBob,

I'll send you the closest save I have after this puzzle, which is just after Darren floods the pipe. On its way to you now. luck

Re: Black Mirror Dynamite Glitch - Need a save!!! - 06/06/10 07:23 PM

Thanks, doing fine again. Don't know what was wrong but I've made a lot of progess. Long game but interesting. laugh
Posted By: cruise02

Re: Black Mirror Dynamite Glitch - Need a save!!! - 06/06/10 07:41 PM

Which Black Mirror is this - 1 or 2?

Have Black Mirror 1, hoping to get BM 2 in near future, tho.

Re: Black Mirror Dynamite Glitch - Need a save!!! - 06/06/10 07:46 PM

thumbsup BillyBob.

cruise, this is Black Mirror 2.

Black Mirror 2 - Staff problem - 06/10/10 12:51 PM

I have the same basic problem here that I previously had with the dynamite. I have the three staffs and have two in place but the third will not go anywhere. After a long time trying to find out why I finally checked out the WT and I have apparently done all that is required yet it doesn't work for me.

Tried to state my problem without giving anything away. Need a save immediately after the third staff is in place. laugh

Re: Black Mirror 2 - Staff problem - 06/10/10 01:36 PM

Hi BillyBob,

I merged your two threads for this game.

A save after placing all the staffs is on its way to you, check your e-mail in a few minutes. Enjoy the ending!

Re: Black Mirror 2 - Staff problem - 06/10/10 02:37 PM

Thanks. I thought the first (dynamite) problem was strange but this latest is similar and I've no explanation for it. Now I'm wondering if there will be more. Never had this sort of thing happen to me in a game before. Hang in there; may need you again..who knows? laugh

Re: Black Mirror 2 - Staff problem - 06/10/10 02:40 PM

grin You should be ok now, you're close to the end.
Posted By: mcc

Re: Black Mirror 2 - Staff problem - 06/10/10 04:11 PM

I am at the same place, different problem. I have already checked the WT. I have opened the 2 hatches, lift the cables, pull the first lever up, taken the hose and flares, but in the tank room there is no other hose and the hot spot for the water has disappeared. The only two hot spots are up and down. I have a recent saved game but it doesn't help. think

Re: Black Mirror 2 - Staff problem - 06/10/10 05:46 PM

There's no orange hose hanging on the wall left of the big tanks?

Re: Black Mirror 2 - Staff problem - 06/10/10 05:53 PM

Mag, I have one yellow-orange hose that was in the main room, I don't see any other, maybe I cannot walk where it is. The only things I see are the opened hatch, the concrete beam, and the exit to the main room. Am I in the right place?

Re: Black Mirror 2 - Staff problem - 06/10/10 05:55 PM

Go to the tank room behind the cell that you were in. It is the room with the 2 big tanks that you dropped into in the dark through that slide chute.

Re: Black Mirror 2 - Staff problem - 06/10/10 06:42 PM

Thank you thanks

I could not see the hot spot to the door to be able to go back, so I assumed I couln't and was only able to go to the rooms with the hatches duh

Re: Black Mirror 2 - Staff problem - 06/10/10 08:14 PM

It helps a lot to use the space bar to show you where points are onscreen that you can click and to identify exits and doors but....even at that there are many times you cannot see the markers as they tend to blend into the scenery. Hitting the space bar rapidly will make them blink and help to some degree. Best I recall you cannot pick up that hose in the tank room when you first get there but it becomes available later. laugh

Re: Black Mirror 2 - Staff problem - 06/10/10 09:49 PM

BillyBob, well... I was even using the space bar, it must be that I was spaced out, I didn't know about the blinking though, thanks for the tip.

I am a sort of pack rat, if it had been available when first arriving I would've had it cool

Re: Black Mirror 2 - Staff problem - 06/11/10 12:26 AM

Thanks, Bob.
luck mcc.

Re: Black Mirror 2 - Staff problem - 06/11/10 08:44 PM

In the top right corner of the screen, where the save/load/menu icons are is also a tiny magnifying glass similar to those that you see all over the screen when using the spacebar. You can click on that, too, for finding points to click on but the spacebar is easier and not so hard to find. laugh
Posted By: Saya

Re: Black Mirror 2 - Staff problem - 07/16/10 06:04 AM

I have the very same problem with the dynamite. I have done absolutely everything so far but just can't get the fuse cable and the dynamite connected. Could possibly someone send me a save game right after the connection?

Re: Black Mirror 2 - Staff problem - 07/16/10 11:31 AM

Hi Saya,

I'll send you the closest save I have after this.

Re: Black Mirror 2 - Staff problem - 07/16/10 05:00 PM

Thank you very much Rushes! I appreciate your help!

Re: Black Mirror 2 - Staff problem - 07/16/10 05:18 PM

You're welcome. smile

Re: Black Mirror 2 - Staff problem - 07/17/10 04:36 PM

Originally Posted By: BillyBob
I have the same basic problem here that I previously had with the dynamite. I have the three staffs and have two in place but the third will not go anywhere. After a long time trying to find out why I finally checked out the WT and I have apparently done all that is required yet it doesn't work for me.

Tried to state my problem without giving anything away. Need a save immediately after the third staff is in place. laugh

Apparently, I have the exact same problems as BillyBob, first the dynamite, now the staff... Rushes could you help me out again, please? Thanks in advance!

Re: Black Mirror 2 - Staff problem - 07/17/10 04:55 PM

It's on its way, Saya.

Re: Black Mirror 2 - Staff problem - 07/17/10 05:02 PM

Thaaaaaaaaanks Rushes! laugh

Re: Black Mirror 2 - Staff problem - 07/17/10 05:35 PM

You're welcome!
Posted By: mickm76

Re: Black Mirror 2 - Staff problem - 07/21/10 02:00 PM

Hi Rushes,

Am having the same problem as BillyBob did originally where I can't attach the fuse cable to the dynamite on the lower hatch, despite several attempts.

Can you possibly send me a saved game soon after this point?

Thanks heaps.

Mick.

Re: Black Mirror 2 - Staff problem - 07/21/10 02:44 PM

Hi Mick, welcome to GameBoomers.

The save's on the way.

Re: Black Mirror 2 - Staff problem - 07/22/10 12:31 AM

Thanks heaps Rushes!!!

Re: Black Mirror 2 - Staff problem - 07/22/10 11:04 AM

You're welcome. smile Enjoy the game.
Posted By: Hien

Re: Black Mirror 2 - Staff problem - 07/25/10 05:15 PM

And now me :-) I have exactly the same problem. Couldn't get past this point because of the dynamite stuff. I spent nearly one day with it, and I gave up. I would really appreciate, if you could send me the save file, Rushes :-)

Thank you very much in advance. Have a good day.

Re: Black Mirror 2 - Staff problem - 07/25/10 06:53 PM

Hi Hien, welcome to GameBoomers.

The save's on the way to you too.
Posted By: Mariamne

Re: Black Mirror 2 - Staff problem - 07/26/10 04:17 PM

I am having the same problem!! I too spend a day or so on this game only to be stuck with the dynamite glitch. I thought I was going crazy until I googled it and found this thread.
Would it be too much if I asked for the saved game as well? I would SOOO appreciate it!
Posted By: Hien

Re: Black Mirror 2 - Staff problem - 07/26/10 05:25 PM

Thank you so much Rushes. I really appreciate that :-)

Re: Black Mirror 2 - Staff problem - 07/26/10 06:08 PM

Hi Mariamne, welcome to GameBoomers.
On its way!

You're welcome, Hien. Enjoy the game.
Posted By: oldmariner

Re: Black Mirror 2 - Staff problem - 07/27/10 05:43 AM

Rushes, that dynamite save sure is getting a workout. They are not trying to attach the fuse cable to the dynamite in the inventory by chance are they?

Re: Black Mirror 2 - Staff problem - 07/27/10 12:42 PM

oldmariner -- it really is! It's possibly a glitch. Most of the members having problems are specific about the dynamite already being placed on the hatch, so I don't think it's that. I need to replay this section.
Posted By: oldmariner

Re: Black Mirror 2 - Staff problem - 07/28/10 06:56 PM

Rushes, I did not have any issue with that at all. Is there more than one English release where a glitch in only a US or England issue is effected? Just a thought or it could be operating system issue. I'm using XP pro.

Re: Black Mirror 2 - Staff problem - 07/28/10 07:09 PM

I didn't have a problem here either. I have XP Media. I'm not sure which versions, disc or download, anyone else here is playing on, but I played both the pre-release download and the UK disc release as soon as it came out. think

Re: Black Mirror 2 - Staff problem - 07/29/10 12:41 PM

Hi Rushes,

It's me again! And guess what, I'm having the same issue as billybob and saya had at the end of the game with regard the staffs.

Can you please send me the saved game once the 3 staffs are in please.

Thanks in advance again!

Michael

PS: No doubt you'll get the same message from other players in the near future.

Re: Black Mirror 2 - Staff problem - 07/29/10 01:09 PM

Hi Michael,

Just out of interest, which staff are you having a problem with? Is it the one at bottom far left, and the inventory keeps popping up to block the slab?

The save's on its way.
Posted By: postal1701

Re: Black Mirror 2 - Staff problem - 09/18/16 04:27 AM

I found a solution to this problem.

I know this thread is quite old but I ran into the same issues described on this post. For me the problem was the screen resolution of the game. Higher screen resolutions cause the item bar on the bottom of the screen to actually cover the bottom of the clickable play area. When this happens you can't click on some items because they are too close to the item bar.

If you lower the screen resolution, the item bar appears as a separate black bar below the clickable play area of the game.

I just switched to a lower resolution to get past the few areas impacted by it and then switched back to the higher resolution.

Hopefully this helps someone else with this same problem in the future.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Black Mirror Dynamite Glitch - 09/18/16 04:35 AM

Thanks postal1701 and welcome to Gameboomers. These games are often replayed so this may very well help some of us.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Black Mirror Dynamite Glitch - 09/18/16 04:38 AM

welcome to GameBoomers and thank you for the advice.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community