GB HOMEPAGE

Scratches help with basement door

Posted By: Kate Anne

Scratches help with basement door - 02/25/11 06:46 PM

Hello

I do not do a lot of Adventure games (Nancy Drew, Tree of Life, Rhiannan, and working on RealMYST) but I am loving Scratches. My question is what does the basement door key look like. I have a gold key with what looks like jewels on the top. It will not open the basement door. I am not sure where I got it from in the game. Checked out the walk through and it does say the key is gold. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you
Posted By: Upsydaisy

Re: Scratches help with basement door - 02/25/11 07:17 PM

If I remember rightly (been a long time!) the basement key is in a vase, in the small corrider after you open the curtain. But you have to click on the key holder in the kitchen to trigger this. Also you may need to look at the photo in the maid's drawer of the vase under the window.
This game was all about 'triggers' Have fun its a great game.
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Scratches help with basement door - 02/25/11 07:38 PM

Thanks, Upsy.

Re: Scratches help with basement door - 02/25/11 10:04 PM

Thank you so much for your replies. I am such a pain! I can't find the picture in the maid's quarters. I clicked all around in her drawers duh and I do not see it. I did click again on the key holder to make sure I did that. I think I will start over and pay more attention to where I have gotten my items for this game. IHOGs are so much easier. smile Thought I might be ready for adventure games because I love the thought process and story. Maybe not. No, I will not give up. wink Does the picture of the vase go away after you click on it in the maids drawer. I know this is an older game, but I do appreciate all of you helping me out.
Posted By: MaG

Re: Scratches help with basement door - 02/25/11 11:55 PM

From the walkthrough:

Italian letter - Look close at the desktop across the room. Take the paper with several markings on it. Look close at the photograph. Pull back and open the right drawer. Take the pencil. In inventory, use the pencil with the paper with markings. Examine the paper in inventory and see that it is in Italian.

Look close at the photograph under the notebook. The picture showed there's a key on the key holder by the kitchen door. Hmm... That's a familiar looking pot underneath. Check the dresser and see photographs on top and camera equipments in the drawer.

- So if you did the Italian letter puzzle, underneath that would be the photograph.

Re: Scratches help with basement door - 02/26/11 12:05 AM

Thank you MaG. No I did not. Going back to the game. I think I might be a little too impatient to get to the scary parts that I have read about.
Posted By: MaG

Re: Scratches help with basement door - 02/26/11 03:25 AM

luck
© 2024 GameBoomers Community