GB HOMEPAGE

Gray Matter

Posted By: kjos

Gray Matter - 02/27/11 05:07 PM

I'm trying to get Helena old ID card so I can get into the Badleian Library. Been looking at the WT but not to much help. I don't know which one is the bad ID card. Nice game but hard. Thanks,
Richard
Posted By: Tomer

Re: Gray Matter - 02/27/11 05:29 PM

Hey kJos,

I can't recall their positions, but there's one on which Helena looks totally dreadful and green - that's the bad one :-)

Worse case - you can try in two attempts - it should work :-)

Good luck and have fun!

T

Re: Gray Matter - 02/27/11 05:35 PM

Thanks Tomer,will try.
Richard
Posted By: MaG

Re: Gray Matter - 02/27/11 05:37 PM

Thanks, Tomer.

Richard,
Do you want a rough partial walkthrough up to Chapter 4 only?

Re: Gray Matter - 02/27/11 05:40 PM

I sure do MaG that would be great. I think I will start over and follow your WT. Been playing for about 3 hrs.
Richard

Re: Gray Matter - 02/27/11 05:43 PM

On the way. Have fun. Click on everything!

Re: Gray Matter - 02/27/11 06:15 PM

What a great WT MaG. A lot of things I missed.
Richard
Posted By: Tomer

Re: Gray Matter - 02/27/11 06:24 PM

:-)

3 hours ---> longer gameplay ---> a good thing! smile

Re: Gray Matter - 02/27/11 06:28 PM

And I just started on chapter 3 before I started over. Back to the first one. O well.
Don't know how MaG can enjoy the game and write a WT too.
Richard

Re: Gray Matter - 02/28/11 01:15 AM

She's going berserk sorting actions by sets and replaying to see if they get to 100%.

Re: Gray Matter - 02/28/11 01:33 AM

Stuck again at RNG motor control panel.
0 to 99, 1 to 26, 27 through 39 at 00 can't get David to say it seems to be correct. do you have a picture of the puzzle Mag. I got it MaG.Sorry about the posting.
Thanks
Richard

Re: Gray Matter - 02/28/11 02:03 AM

Glad you got through.

Re: Gray Matter - 02/28/11 02:08 AM

What A game am I the only one playing? Been following your WT and already over 4 hrs.
At the end of chapter 3 there are a few things that you forgot to put in the Wt. After David looks at the inspectors card he has to go and answer the phone. and he has to check the RNG. David has to check the motorcycle. Than chapter ends.

Richard

Re: Gray Matter - 02/28/11 04:02 AM

It is stated in the wt at start of chapter 3 to check the bike twice; then have it repaired.

He used the phone after the inspectors card.
As David, I did not get any phone call. David called out.

I double checked that all sets are 100%

Re: Gray Matter - 02/28/11 04:09 AM

Sorry about that it was my mistake. what a great WT. I guess I missed a part.
Richard
Posted By: Barry

Re: Gray Matter - 02/28/11 05:15 AM

Here is a collection of saved games for each day in the game. hope these help all who are stuck.

https://sites.google.com/site/graymatterwalkthrough/saved-games-for-gray-matter-walkthrough

Enjoy,

Barry
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Gray Matter - 02/28/11 12:10 PM

Thanks, Barry.

Re: Gray Matter - 02/28/11 07:56 PM

Would anybody have a save after the card trick, with the proctor on the second floor of the Lambs Club. Never mind I got it. thanks
richard
Posted By: stephen

Re: Gray Matter - 03/01/11 12:30 AM

can i get a ful walkthruough of the game thanks..

Re: Gray Matter - 03/01/11 12:35 AM

Stephen,

If you got the Viva Media game, there's a walkthrough included. It is in the installed game folder.
There is one posted at the GameBoomers walkthrough site by lily.

The one I am working on is midway Chapter 8 right now and is still rough.
If you want that one - tell me or use any of the other 2. luck

Re: Gray Matter - 03/01/11 03:01 AM

What a great WT MaG I couldn't have played the game without your help. just started Chapter 6 could you send me what you have from Chapter 6. Almost 8 hours into the game now. Thanks
Richard

Re: Gray Matter - 03/01/11 03:03 AM

The rest of the wt to end is on the way.

Re: Gray Matter - 03/01/11 03:10 AM

thanks MaG so much.
Richard
Posted By: Grandma

Re: Gray Matter - 03/03/11 08:27 PM

Hello, I am still trying to get the darn RNG to work. I have put all the numbers into the machine and have read over again and again all the info in the letter and the book but he keeps saying that I have to look at the diagram. What am I doing wrong? p.s. love your walkthroughs.

Re: Gray Matter - 03/03/11 08:37 PM

Have you read the book on that work table? There are 3 pages there that you have to read -click on - especially the one at tab II.

Then adjust the settings correctly and press the red button.

Glad I can be of help. Thank you.

Re: Gray Matter - 03/03/11 10:10 PM

i waited for the full WT but im stuck at chapter2 magic trick for sue's file cabinet key there arent enough slots/moves in the magic trick book to get sues key..only 7 moves but wt shows 9 not including the magic wand

Re: Gray Matter - 03/03/11 10:28 PM

Follow the steps and see if some steps combine on the frame at left. There are 2 other walkthroughs - if you want to check them: one by lily and one included in the Viva released game.
Keep us posted.

Place the magnet at right hand slot.

Place the cup on left hand slot.

Place the cup from left hand with magnet at right hand slot.

Manipulate right item.

Misdirect.

Manipulate right item.

Move hand magnet to left hand slot.

Place cabinet key in left hand slot.

Place cabinet key in left sleeve slot.

--------------

Can you send me your saved game. I want to check that double Manipulate right item entry. I might not have erased a line.

Re: Gray Matter - 03/03/11 10:38 PM

thats what the wt has but after the sixth move..(move hand magnet to left hand slot you have to perform the trick there isnt anymore slots

Re: Gray Matter - 03/03/11 10:45 PM

Can you send me your saved game and I can check.

Also try:
Place the magnet at right hand slot.

Place the cup on left hand slot.

Place the cup from left hand with magnet at right hand slot.

Manipulate right item.

Misdirect.

Move hand magnet to left hand slot. - Place cabinet key in left hand slot.

Place cabinet key in left sleeve slot.

-----------
After the misdirect step - see which one of those 2 steps would work before placing the key in left sleeve.

Re: Gray Matter - 03/03/11 10:46 PM

i followed lillies wt and it worked thanx..

Re: Gray Matter - 03/03/11 10:52 PM

Great. I copied wrong from my notes.

Re: Gray Matter - 03/04/11 12:41 AM

I have read the book so many times. I have 1-26 with the % and then, 27-39 with the 00. I have read the book on all three pages and he said to go ahead to use the machine, but have never gotten confirmation to actually go ahead a press the button.

Re: Gray Matter - 03/04/11 01:06 AM

Did you do the zero 0 = 99?

Re: Gray Matter - 03/04/11 01:10 AM

I only see 1-39. Where are the others and how do I get there?

Re: Gray Matter - 03/04/11 01:18 AM

The very first at top left corner is zero.

Re: Gray Matter - 03/04/11 01:34 AM

I know where 1-39 is but still can't get it going. I must have misunderstood you because I thought that you were telling me that there was an additional 40-99 somewhere which I couldn't find. I don't know why, but I am very confused with this portion of the game. Is there a picture of what the machine should look like? Maybe that will help me. You have a lot of patience.....all of you.

Re: Gray Matter - 03/04/11 02:03 AM

Re: Gray Matter - 03/04/11 09:10 PM

Thank you so much. I knew that I would embarrass myself with the error that I made in understanding the directions. I missed the 99 on the first one.
Posted By: Upsydaisy

Re: Gray Matter - 03/04/11 09:44 PM

I'm at the end of Chapter 3, have 100% everywhere except for 'A Spectral presence' here it's only 94%. I can't do anything more with the photo and can't move onto Chapter 4. Any ideas out there? Please.

Edit: Found I hadn't 'examined' the mirror only looked in it. Off to Day 4. happydance
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Gray Matter - 03/04/11 10:28 PM

Glad you're on your way again. thumbsup
Posted By: o1alien

Re: Gray Matter - 03/06/11 02:57 AM

Hi, I am close to the end of chapter 4. I did the dodo bird egg, went to the library, went to christ church (dining area closed for painting), Jumped to St Edmunds and am supposed to see the Lambs Club members in the quad. Does anyone know what I need to do to get them to show up.

Thank You, Eileen

Re: Gray Matter - 03/06/11 03:02 AM

Eileen,

Have you finished all the the other sets already? I mean are the others 100% already?
The Lambs club will happen only when all other subtitles are 100 %.
Also check off things in the walkthrough to verify if all are done. luck

Re: Gray Matter - 03/06/11 03:27 AM

I have clicked on the thing in the left hand corner and it does show me progress but how do I get back to a set if it isnt at 100%? Do I have to play the whole set over again?

Thanx MaG for your help and the WT is a God send!

Re: Gray Matter - 03/06/11 03:42 AM

Before the Lambs Club at end of chapter - all should be 100% except "There's always a plant in the house". That one should be 92%. Meeting the Lamb's club will make it 100%.

If there is another subchapter that is not 100% - go to those places mentioned in the wt and see if you can still do those actions. If not, they are done already. There is no need to replay from a saved game unless you still can't get the other subchapters to 100. luck

Posted By: sanford

Re: Gray Matter - 03/06/11 07:39 AM

Hi Mag,
I'm having the same problem that Eileen is having(the lambs club members not at Edmunds hall. I have retraced my steps, but apparently I'm missing something along the way. Of course. I'm going by your walkthrough, but I'm stumped at this point. Any ideas you can give to Eileen and myself would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
Sandy
Posted By: vic

Re: Gray Matter - 03/06/11 10:02 AM

I only just finished this game but only have some general guidelines other than using Mags fab walkthough as it is a wonderfully complex game: go back and talk to everyone; I found the percentage done in a given area would jump just like that after a quick chat with Nanny for example, so just walk around and talk with everyone and look at everything in your inventory and surroundings and then you will find you can progress.

Good Luck!

Re: Gray Matter - 03/06/11 12:07 PM

Thank you MaG and Vic, will go back thru WT and see if there is something I missed or a dialogue not completed. I appreciate your help. smile

Eileen

Re: Gray Matter - 03/06/11 01:36 PM

As Vic stated - talk to every one. Also click at everything active. luck

Thanks, Vic.

Re: Gray Matter - 03/06/11 05:14 PM

Ok, did as you suggested. I guess I didnt look at the filter at the pool. Everything is at 100% except "there's always a plant in the house". Went thru that set as well up to the point of meeting the lambs club in the quad. I did everything that was supposed to be done (as far as I can tell) and still the lambs club members dont show up. I dont know what else to do other than go back to a save before chapter 4 and start over. Any suggestions?

Thank you, Eileen

Re: Gray Matter - 03/06/11 05:40 PM

Eileen,

What is the percentage did you get "there's always a plant in the house"?

Re: Gray Matter - 03/06/11 06:15 PM

The chapter is at 97%, "there's always a plant in the house" is currently at 90%, 128/141.

Re: Gray Matter - 03/06/11 07:10 PM

You should have 92% before the Lambs Club will show up. You need that 2%. smile

There is something not clicked on "there's always a plant in the house" sub-chapter.
Best to visit all the steps under that sub-chapter. luck

Re: Gray Matter - 03/07/11 12:03 AM

I have clicked on everything. I might have missed something in Jeanie smiths room since that is the only place i cant back into. I will go back to a save before then and see what happens. Thank you MaG at least now I know what to achieve for the Lambs to show up.

Eileen smile

Re: Gray Matter - 03/07/11 02:16 AM

The walkthrough of lily has saved games; if you want to use that. luck

Re: Gray Matter - 03/07/11 02:39 AM

I ended up playing chapters 3 and 4 over, but this time the "Lambs" appeared in front of Edmunds hall. I did the "Fruit Bowl" trick and watched chapter 4 conclude. I have no idea what I had missed the first time around, but all is well now. I'm just starting Chapter 5 now. Thanks for your guidance, Mag. I'm sure I'm speaking for Eileen as well.
Sanford

Re: Gray Matter - 03/07/11 02:42 AM

<whew> Glad you got through.
It could be just a missed click on one of the rooms of the volunteers. Enjoy the game.

Re: Gray Matter - 03/07/11 04:07 AM

Thanks, Mag. I AM enjoying it very much. I'm starting Chapter 6 now.

Re: Gray Matter - 03/08/11 01:33 AM

Hi everybody. I've just finished Gray Matter. It really is a great game. I think that the graphics,
especially during the "maze" portion of the game, were absolutely awesome. Does anyone know where the savegame folder is for this game? I have not seen it within the game directory.
Many thanks to Mag and to Lilly for the wonderful walkthroughs. Happy Gaming, fellow Boomers!
Sanford
Posted By: Mad

Re: Gray Matter - 03/08/11 01:43 AM

Hi sanford smile

On my XP machine, the saves are in the "My Documents" folder.

Cheers.

Mad grin

Re: Gray Matter - 03/08/11 02:06 AM

Hi just started chapter 8 and im at the dadelus public bar and spoke to the patrons on the ledt side of rom after chatting withthe bartender..but i cant go furhter left to see the trickster behind the male patron???

Re: Gray Matter - 03/08/11 02:11 AM

The trickster is in a booth at the back - a bit left of the male patron.

See if you can walk to the front side of the chairs and then walk left.

Re: Gray Matter - 03/08/11 07:23 PM

when i opend the save game to be at the public bar i was able to see the trickster and i spoke to him..now my problem is i can go right to the 'front hall' to play the devil game

Re: Gray Matter - 03/08/11 07:40 PM

That was tricky for me also. I had to move right of the bartender and then check where the active area is to go right again. See if that will work for you.

Re: Gray Matter - 03/09/11 12:13 AM

my arrow literally was out of sight but i just kept clicking and finally she was able to exit the bar..thanks

Re: Gray Matter - 03/09/11 01:20 AM

If it continue to bother your gaming, try changing the resolution.
The selection can be changed in the config app in the installed game folder.

Re: Gray Matter - 03/09/11 01:30 AM

im stuck again...i combined the fairy and lantern and when i try to use the switch on the wall by the window she tells me the pool wont open unless
Click to reveal..
angela is near it
.. so what now? never mind i figured it out..and ended the great game..

thanks for your help and a great WT..

Re: Gray Matter - 03/09/11 01:50 AM

Glad you finished the game.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community