GB HOMEPAGE

Riven

Posted By: Roy

Riven - 07/17/11 06:23 PM

HELP. I've got to survey island, gone up in the elevator and I am trying to enter the map chamber, but the walkway is missing.
Anyone out there that can tell me where i've gone wrong.
Posted By: Chief

Re: Riven - 07/17/11 08:10 PM

Roy, just a guess: maybe you need to explore the area before going to the maps.
There is an over view of the 5 Riven islands to see and two paths to walk.

Chief wave

EDIT: when you are in the over view of the islands, press on one of the shapes in the panel in front of you.
Posted By: dadguy

Re: Riven - 07/18/11 03:50 AM

As Chief so wisely suggests, if you first view the island from the balcony at the top of the elevator, you must click a "view" button (try the one for the Boiler Island) to extend the walkway behind you.

Enjoy

Dadguy
Posted By: Roy

Re: Riven - 07/18/11 07:39 AM

Thanks to both Chief and dadguy, I can see where I went wrong before, I only looked at the 'islands' and did not 'view' them.
Thanks again.
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Riven - 07/18/11 11:43 AM

Thanks, Chief and dadguy!
Posted By: Aggiemom

Re: Riven - 07/30/11 12:35 AM

I just want to say hurray to anyone who can still play Riven! It's one of my favorite games but due to the "improvement" in technology, I can no longer play it on my computer!! A great game - Have Fun!
Posted By: LadyCav

Re: Riven - 07/30/11 12:38 AM

Aggiemom, I gave my Riven copy away years ago. I recently purchased it from GOG and enjoyed myself immensely replaying this wonderful old classic game. I had no problems using the GOG version on my XP system. smile
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Riven - 07/30/11 08:39 AM

Aggie I can still play all the original versions of the Myst games on my old computer. I love to replay them all!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community