GB HOMEPAGE

myst 4

Posted By: diver

myst 4 - 08/09/11 05:56 PM

Hi everyone. Have played this game 1,000,000 times. And love it each time. Question is this. Can I skip over Spire and go to serena? Thanks
Posted By: Rushes

Re: myst 4 - 08/09/11 08:04 PM

Hi diver,

Let's wait for our Myst experts to help us here. smile
Posted By: Tomer

Re: myst 4 - 08/09/11 11:02 PM

Hey Diver :-)
I don't know what you mean by skipping. You can *get to* Serenia, yes, but you won't be able to advance beyond that coloured marble door (which you probably recall) without solving Spire. The reason is that the code changes every time, so it's impossible to predict the correct one without solving the age.

Re: myst 4 - 08/09/11 11:22 PM

Thanks and I should have explained. What I meant was I dislike spire. I usually get stumped at the part where I am sitting in a chair trying to set sliders. I just wondered if there was a way to skip over spire. Surely quite a few people have problems with that part because I see that they ask for saves at that point. But, thanks anyway.
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: myst 4 - 08/10/11 09:16 AM

Diver dadguy is an expert on Myst games. If you pm him I'm sure he'll tell you to send him a saved game and he will do the "chair" for you.

Re: myst 4 - 08/10/11 01:24 PM

Thanks. Dadguy did that for me years ago. I don't have that computer anymore and this one just won't let me do that. I will keep trying to do chair. I did it once so long ago. It is so hard. Thanks
Posted By: Tomer

Re: myst 4 - 08/10/11 09:55 PM

Make sure you download the patch, which makes the available time a lot longer for the chair puzzle (one of my favorite puzzles I must say!!)

:-) Good luck!

Re: myst 4 - 08/10/11 11:41 PM

Thanks again but I did that too. I will just have to endure the chair 2times.
Posted By: dadguy

Re: myst 4 - 08/11/11 03:40 AM

I am happy to help if you'd like to go through the exercise of emailing your save, letting me solve it, then emailing the solved save back. :-)

Dadguy

Re: myst 4 - 08/11/11 01:01 PM

U r my myst hero. And as usual when I get there I will call on u. Thanksgivings
© 2024 GameBoomers Community