GB HOMEPAGE

Question about d-loading GOG games.

Posted By: robedits

Question about d-loading GOG games. - 11/06/11 04:02 PM

I figured I'd finally give them a try,and I ordered Zork:GI...which I loved when I first played it years ago.
I meet the requirements to play it (Win XP,DEll P-4,latest DX,and Win XP SP2). The d-load is almost a GIG. Despite my broadband connection,my Internet connection is as likely to [blip] out on me as it is to remain constant...just the area I live in,I guess. I am often booted offline by unknown forces. What happens if I"m in the middle of a big d-load of my game from GOG,and my connection terminates? Will I be able to resume once getting back online? Can I d-load it on my wife's wi-fi laptop(more stable connection) and transfer it to my PC?
I purchased the game earlier,but have yet to hear back from GOG support,so I'm asking members here what their recommendation would be before I begin my d-load.Thanks
Rob NYC
Posted By: traveler

Re: Question about d-loading GOG games. - 11/06/11 04:25 PM

Rob,

I believe the GOG downloader does pick up again wherever you were forced to leave off. One sure way of finding out is just to download a small portion of a game, terminate the connection (or the download), then start the download again.

As for transferring the game, sure. It's your game. You can burn it to disk or transfer it to another computer. Just burn/transfer the unopened files.

Gil.

Re: Question about d-loading GOG games. - 11/06/11 04:47 PM

Thanks. Going to give it a go.
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Question about d-loading GOG games. - 11/06/11 05:15 PM

Thanks, Gil.

luck Rob.

Re: Question about d-loading GOG games. - 11/06/11 08:09 PM

Woo hoo! Download was a breeze and am now diving back into ZGI for the first time in over a dowen years! What memories. THey sure have come a LONG way with graphics....but this still looks pretty good and the story is great!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community