GB HOMEPAGE

broken sword 4

Posted By: robert gray

broken sword 4 - 11/24/11 09:44 PM

hi rushes or mag, could you please send me a saved game, if you have one handy? i,m at the alphonso hotel trying to get the lighter, but the game is too fast for me. thanks, robert.
Posted By: Rushes

Re: broken sword 4 - 11/24/11 10:25 PM

Hi robert,

There are some saves HERE which you could try, if they are compatible with the English version. I don't have any saves of my own for this one, unfortunately. Perhaps MaG has.

Re: broken sword 4 - 11/24/11 11:55 PM

hi rushes, i am shrugging my shoulders! i tried to load the nearest saved game to my problem -in french- but the game returned 'load failed' so i suppose the saved game is incompatible. let's hope mag has one up her sleeve. robert.
Posted By: MaG

Re: broken sword 4 - 11/25/11 12:09 AM

Robert,

My saves are not labeled. I sent you 2 that was requested before but I don't know what they are.
See if that will help you or I can send you more later - before or after these 2.

Re: broken sword 4 - 11/25/11 01:05 AM

hi mag. thanks very much, but in the meantime, i tried the lighter puzzle again and got the lighter. sorry for all your bother and won't need the saved games this time, robert.

hi again mag. just for fun, i downloaded your 2 saved games and on both, i got the 'load failed' message. i'm glad i solved the lighter puzzle myself. robert.

Re: broken sword 4 - 11/25/11 02:36 AM

Which Broken Sword 4 are you playing - The Angel of Death or Secrets of the Ark?

The one I sent you is Angel of Death.
Posted By: plumgas

Re: broken sword 4 - 11/25/11 10:39 AM

what version are you running as when the game got patched recently you cannot run a saved file from the digital if you are playing the disk version.
I have gog & also disk & the saves files only work on the original exe file.

Re: broken sword 4 - 11/26/11 12:44 AM

hi mag. i thought ANGEL OF DEATH and SECRETS OF THE ARK were one in the same except one was for the NA market. i bought my game from just adventure years ago and playing it again. now i don't know. i am doubly confused after reading plumgas's reply. i don't know what to do next. get a patch - for what? robert.
Posted By: plumgas

Re: broken sword 4 - 11/26/11 03:10 AM

robert,

the patch was for mullticore machines & if you haven't got one the patch is not needed.

the gog save files will not work on your version you need to get them from someone who is playing the same version you are being disk/digital & patched /unpatched exe

Re: broken sword 4 - 11/26/11 03:18 AM

Thanks, plumgas.

Robert,
The saved games for the NA and European release are not interchangeable.
Read the game box and see which game you have.

Re: broken sword 4 - 11/26/11 12:54 PM

hi mag. my game says secrets of the ark but i am having trouble getting past elvis. are there any right clicks anywhere. the sprinkler just won't go off. do you have a saved game compatible with my version? robert.

Re: broken sword 4 - 11/26/11 03:20 PM

Robert,

The saved game is sent.

Re: broken sword 4 - 11/26/11 04:06 PM

thank you, mag. it's compatible and away we go! robert.

Re: broken sword 4 - 11/27/11 01:53 AM

You're welcome. Have fun.

Re: broken sword 4 - 11/28/11 12:02 AM

hi mag. i am having a spot of bother getting the ice quickly to the window before it melts. how do you get the 'mouse wheel run' feature to work? i have heard of such a feature. does it cause the character to run?

Re: broken sword 4 - 11/28/11 12:18 AM

Under Options Menu - control preference - mouse wheel run option.
The mouse wheel forward makes the character run; mouse wheel backward returns to walk.

Re: broken sword 4 - 11/29/11 11:16 PM

hi mag. i've tried enabling the wheel mouse option and left control button to make george run with the ice, but i am still not fast enough. if you have one, could you please send me a saved game, thanks. robert.

Re: broken sword 4 - 11/29/11 11:30 PM

On the way, Robert. Love this game. Have fun.

Re: broken sword 4 - 11/30/11 01:36 AM

thanks for the saved game mag. you have probably explained this before, but how again do you unzip the file and load it? robert.

Re: broken sword 4 - 11/30/11 01:43 AM

Why don't I send you an unzipped saved game. Be back.

---
It's sent. Have fun.

Re: broken sword 4 - 11/30/11 02:39 AM

hi mag. i don't want to be a pain but do you have a saved game after 'the family' leaves. unless i'm not loading the saved game you sent properly, i am still standing on top of the forklift outside the small window - with no ice. robert.

Re: broken sword 4 - 11/30/11 03:07 AM

The saved game I sent to you should be after the cutscene already. The "family" left the office now.
Yes - you are still on top of the forklift and have to find a way to get inside the office.

If you opened the sent saved game, you should now ---- Getting to secret office:
Main factory - Go to the hanging pigs in the main factory. Press the control panel left to get the carousel going. eek! See Tony, the one being beaten up behind the shutters. Search Tony to get a keycard.

Re: broken sword 4 - 11/30/11 02:32 PM

hi mag. when i press the control panel to get the carousel going, i don't see tony. i presume he's hanging from the carousel but he's not. where is he? i also presume i've loaded the saved game properly. robert.

Re: broken sword 4 - 11/30/11 07:11 PM

You're right, he should be hanging on the carousel.

That is my last saved game at the meat packing factory.
Maybe try pressing that control panel of the hanging pigs again. luck

Re: broken sword 4 - 11/30/11 09:09 PM

hi mag. i suspected i wasn't loading the saved game properly - it started with that zipped file, improper unzipping - so i deleted all games and started afresh with email saved game. it worked, thank god - and you. robert.

Re: broken sword 4 - 11/30/11 09:16 PM

That's a smart way. Great. Enjoy the game.

Re: broken sword 4 - 12/02/11 07:39 PM

hi mag. i've hacked into Lobineau's firewall and got as far as Baphomet and Knights Templar. that's as far as i can get. i am not familiar with a PDA and don't know the small symbols. can you help? robert.

Re: broken sword 4 - 12/02/11 08:41 PM

Just look for the names mentioned in the walkthrough and if there is a link - click it to read more.
Use the mouse wheel or I believe there is a scroll arrow at the side (click-hold) to scroll down the page.

See if that works for you.

Re: broken sword 4 - 12/03/11 12:15 AM

i'm off to Turkey! the secret's in the mouse wheel to scroll. thanks, mag. robert.

Re: broken sword 4 - 12/03/11 01:30 AM

Wonderful! Have fun.

Re: broken sword 4 - 12/06/11 12:20 AM

hi mag. i cannot get past the 2nd guard at the Topkapi Palace, just before the scaffolding, no matter how hard i try. have you a saved game, please? robert.

Re: broken sword 4 - 12/06/11 12:34 AM

I sent you 2 saves. Hope one helps.

Re: broken sword 4 - 12/06/11 01:30 AM

thanks mag, robert.

Re: broken sword 4 - 12/06/11 02:51 AM

You're welcome.

Re: broken sword 4 - 12/10/11 12:10 AM

mag, i have moved the dry fountain and gone down the hole. from here, do i go left/right or right/left to click on switches then click on the gauge to get george to comment 'not a lot.' or, do i NOT click on switches at this point. robert.

Re: broken sword 4 - 12/10/11 12:57 AM

Just click on it and he should say that.

Then adjust the water flow. luck

Re: broken sword 4 - 12/10/11 02:04 AM

mag, i adjusted the water flow now water is gushing out the wall - no hole in the wall to be seen. nor light coloured block popped out. what do i do now? robert.

Re: broken sword 4 - 12/10/11 02:11 AM

Have you noted that block earlier?

It is at top of the wall close to the leftmost valve.

Be sure to turn the last valve on the line to valve open.

Re: broken sword 4 - 12/10/11 02:47 PM

1. no, i haven't seen any block. it's only because you mentioned it in your W/T. 2. i don't see any interactive area on the wall. 3. where is the last valve to open - left or right? robert.

Re: broken sword 4 - 12/10/11 03:32 PM

The last valve is the leftmost valve.

Recheck the step by step of closing the valves and see what happens.
When your close to the end at left - look up at the wall. See if you can find it.

Re: broken sword 4 - 12/10/11 06:18 PM

mag, i've given it my best shot and nothing seems to react and i can't get the wall to open up! i hate to ask but is there a saved game you can send? robert.

Re: broken sword 4 - 12/10/11 06:57 PM

Where does the water come out from? See if you can get through that wall hole.

Also my saves jumped from entering the fountain to getting the angel. Nothing in between.

Please replay from coming down from the fountain and follow Malcolm step by step HERE. luck

Re: broken sword 4 - 12/11/11 12:48 AM

hi mag, i finally found the hole thanks to malcolm's w/t. thank you. robert.

Re: broken sword 4 - 12/11/11 01:27 AM

Great! Have fun! grin12

Re: broken sword 4 - 12/11/11 08:17 PM

merry christmas icon to you and rushes too. after constantinople, rome and alexandria, how do i exit this sequence? robert. edit says 'delete post'. it doesn't delete for me! HOW DO YOU DELETE POST?

Re: broken sword 4 - 12/12/11 01:28 AM

The members can't delete posts.

As for leaving the map:

Find the exit or to see the light
- Based on the manuscript clues and the hacked historical data base, click the arrows on the central stand so that it points to left to Constantinople and press down arrow (hear a click). - Then get the stand to point down to Rome and then press down arrow.
- Lastly, get the stand to point right to Alexandria and then press down arrow.

Re: broken sword 4 - 12/12/11 03:57 PM

thanks for the explanation mag, but if members cannot delete posts then under 'edit' the box that says 'delete post' is superfluous to members. what purpose does it serve? robert.

Re: broken sword 4 - 12/12/11 04:13 PM

It takes a bit of work for a non-tech person like me to change the forum program.
But I will try in order to please you. If the forum disappears - you'll know that I messed up making you happy. lol12

Re: broken sword 4 - 12/12/11 06:24 PM

mag, in other words, the delete box is useless to us 'users'. BTW, it would NOT make me any happier if you messed up, mag. you are being particularly very hard on yourself! robert.

Re: broken sword 4 - 12/17/11 03:39 PM

hi mag, i'm at Mark's apartment and following your w/t as a guide. i give Mark the business card. after looping back out after the icons and getting the package then showing him the pen, i am looped back out to the icons again and Mark never does tell me the address of the Black Cat Club. can you figure out where i a going wrong? robert.

Re: broken sword 4 - 12/18/11 12:49 AM

Be sure the check the pen in inventory.
Then - Just keep talking to Mark until he gives you all the info you need.

I might not get back to you since I am out of town.

Re: broken sword 4 - 12/18/11 01:12 AM

hi mag, i got all my answers from malcolm's w/t. thanks. BTW, have a good time out of town, if you are going for recreation or pleasure. robert.

Re: broken sword 4 - 12/18/11 10:55 PM

Great! Have fun. thumbsUp12

Re: broken sword 4 - 12/19/11 02:39 AM

hi rushes, how can i recognise a 'double mirror' when hacking the u.s. military database? it is apparently described in the manual but i don't know how to get to the manual. robert.

Re: broken sword 4 - 12/19/11 02:56 AM

The double sided mirror has 2 shiny lighter colored sides while the other has only one side that has it. luck

Re: broken sword 4 - 12/20/11 08:04 PM

hi mag, do you have a saved game after hacking the military data base? thanks, robert.

Re: broken sword 4 - 12/20/11 08:30 PM

I sent you several - check which one will work for you.

Re: broken sword 4 - 12/20/11 11:08 PM

thanks, mag. i am having trouble extracting those files. when i try to extract, the program tells me 'path does not exist or is not a directory'. what should i do?. robert.

Re: broken sword 4 - 12/21/11 12:40 AM

Is this the first mail with attachment or the second one?

Re: broken sword 4 - 12/21/11 06:05 PM

hi mag, HACKED MILITARY BASE saved game you sent, the computer tells me 'the file is empty'. i'm still having trouble extracting previous files. robert.

Re: broken sword 4 - 12/21/11 08:48 PM

Robert,

I'll see if I can send them one e-mail at a time - so they will be unzipped. Install and check which one works.

Check your e-mail is a few minutes.

3 mails with 2MBs each of attachments are sent.

Re: broken sword 4 - 12/22/11 12:42 AM

thanks mag. the first email worked fine but i am stuck on defusing the bomb. how do you bridge 2 wires with a paper clip? the program doesn't seem to allow 2 clicks on different wires. robert.

Re: broken sword 4 - 12/22/11 12:50 AM

Use the paper clip on the bottom blue wire and the click-attach it to the 'Live Trigger Wire'.

Re: broken sword 4 - 12/22/11 02:23 AM

i am still stuck, mag, so my question STILL stands. my cursor can't be in 2 places doing the same thing at once. i have read your walkthrough and i'm no further ahead. i MUST be doing something basically wrong! either that or i am just plain STUPID. LOL, robert.

Re: broken sword 4 - 12/22/11 02:32 AM

Have you tried it already and it doesn't work?
As I posted: Click the paper clip on bottom blue wire.
Then click on the red wire-live trigger wire.
Posted By: Rice burner

Re: broken sword 4 - 12/22/11 05:52 AM

If I may add my 2 cents worth. I just finished this game. When you click the paper clip on the blue wire the trigger point will show up on the bottom of the screen. Hover your cursor over them to see which one is the live trigger wire and click on it. That should do it.
Posted By: Rushes

Re: broken sword 4 - 12/22/11 12:03 PM

Thanks, Kay. smile

Re: broken sword 4 - 12/23/11 12:18 AM

hi mag. i think i've got it now and it has to do with the little icons at the bottom of the screen. george is wearing brother Mark's gloves now but i keep getting blown up! is there any way to prevent this? robert.

Re: broken sword 4 - 12/23/11 12:47 AM

Robert,

Check Kay's post above and see if that works for you.
My next saved game is the start of the next chapter. Do you want that?

Re: broken sword 4 - 12/23/11 01:55 AM

hi mag. i don't know who Kay is and i can't find Kay's post -hello Kay-pleased to meet you. hi again mag, yes. i will take the next saved game you have as i think it's time to move on. thanks, robert.

Re: broken sword 4 - 12/23/11 02:24 AM

Sorry - the post of RiceBurner 3 post above.

The game save is sent.

Re: broken sword 4 - 12/23/11 02:54 AM

thanks Rice burner. i just found out from mag that you are Kay - hello Kay! robert.

Re: broken sword 4 - 12/29/11 12:12 AM

hi mag. i'm trying to escape the goons by using Maynard's keys, going up the stairs but getting caught near the elevator by a goon. boy, you have to be really fast! i have read your walkthrough. must i escape the goons FAST or is there another way? robert.

Re: broken sword 4 - 12/29/11 12:43 AM

If you hindered him by using the oil and he falls down. You can go immediately (with time to spare) to second room on the right.

Before you do this action - be sure that you have the keys ready to take out of your inventory.
That is the tricky part for me.

Re: broken sword 4 - 12/29/11 11:16 PM

hi mag. i cannot get past the goon checking the elevator. i'm just not fast enough! neither is my wife, she tried also. could you please send me an unzipped saved game if you have one? thank you, robert.

Re: broken sword 4 - 12/30/11 01:57 AM

I sent you the only saved game I have on this part of the game. ---- After goon with doorstop.

Re: broken sword 4 - 12/30/11 04:30 PM

ok got it, mag, thanks. robert.

Re: broken sword 4 - 12/30/11 05:54 PM

You're welcome. Hope it works for you.

Re: broken sword 4 - 12/31/11 02:23 AM

hi mag. i'm inside the monastery and after george knows he has been manipulated, where do i find the manuscript book to study in inventory? robert.

Re: broken sword 4 - 12/31/11 02:30 AM

After that cutscene, remember that the Cardinal gave the manuscript book to George. So it should be in inventory.

Re: broken sword 4 - 12/31/11 03:12 PM

got it! thanks, robert.

Re: broken sword 4 - 12/31/11 08:46 PM

Have fun.

Re: broken sword 4 - 01/04/12 02:07 AM

hi mag. that was a bit of a slog, but i enjoyed it. george's quips were hilarious. thanks, robert.

Re: broken sword 4 - 01/04/12 02:31 AM

Great! I love this game.
Posted By: Drummerboy

Re: broken sword 4 - 04/22/12 08:37 PM

Hi Mag, all.

I've been playing this game and love it. I have an odd situation: I've just run back into Anna Maria under St. Peter's after the shootout and looked at Latin Verse 5. There are two stones(?) behind me and Anna Maria in front of me. I try to move and I walk or run in place, in every direction. I can't move past this point. I went back 2, then 3, then 4 saves - still the same. Is this a game glitch? I'm using a multi-core PC with Windows 7 Home Premium. I'm not sure if the 1.1 patch should be used. Any ideas?

Thanks and best regards, Jesse.

UPDATE: Problem solved, but not sure why.

I opened compat.ini and changed "m_uiDisableParticles" to 1. Opened most recent save and simultaneously pressed the left mouse button, left shift snd space bar. I was prompted if I wanted to turn Sticky Keys on. Pressed "no" and the next thing I know George was able to move freely. I don't know which action worked.

Thanks agaian, Jesse.

Re: broken sword 4 - 04/22/12 09:55 PM

Wow! That's great. Glad you're moving forward now. I love this game. Enjoy.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community