GB HOMEPAGE

Miskatonic

Posted By: dragonuk44

Miskatonic - 12/11/11 12:56 PM

playing Miskatonic I am stuck in the asylum and need the code for the door I need a birthday date of an employee I have the codes but cant find the birthday date can some one please help ta thanks woozy12 christmas
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Miskatonic - 12/11/11 02:06 PM

Hi dragon,

Take a close look at the calendar on the bulletin board.

Then examine the papers on the desk below it.

luck

Re: Miskatonic - 12/11/11 04:06 PM

ta smile

Re: Miskatonic - 12/11/11 05:09 PM

You're welcome.
Posted By: kjos

Re: Miskatonic - 12/12/11 01:25 AM

Rushes, do you know how I can get in the door of the Arts Faculty. I'm in the Deanery. Thanks
Richard

Re: Miskatonic - 12/12/11 06:29 AM

yes the clue was enough .Look at the paper with the new names on it and get the name tag as I recall .Hope this helps luck
Found Nordon got 6 puzzel pieces think I need to move the water fountain and get penny to help me. got the chewing gum lol hint please ta

Re: Miskatonic - 12/12/11 12:20 PM

Thanks dragon,got the booze.
Richard

Re: Miskatonic - 12/12/11 12:26 PM

glad to help Rushs help lol got it lol

Re: Miskatonic - 12/12/11 02:14 PM

Thanks, dragon. Glad you found what was holding you back, also! thumbsUp12

Re: Miskatonic - 12/12/11 03:35 PM

stuck on trying to put the right key togeather in the old house Im sure Ive tried each one more than twice lol any hints welcome thanks presents12 rolleyes12 insane cry12 shiver

Re: Miskatonic - 12/12/11 03:40 PM

Did you examine the front door of the Orrery? It has an unusual design on it. Match that with one of the key tops.

The correct key bottom is on the upper row, I think. I found it by trial and error. There are only a few on that upper row.

Keep us posted.

Re: Miskatonic - 12/12/11 04:27 PM

Thanks thumbsUp12Got it Im a blind bat at times lol

Re: Miskatonic - 12/12/11 06:39 PM

Great! I'd better hurry up and play some more now. I'm only just past this point in the game. lol12

Re: Miskatonic - 12/12/11 06:48 PM

Im trying work these planets out now lol
Posted By: macmac

Re: Miskatonic - 12/13/11 05:54 AM

Need a nudge: playing the Miskatonic demo, visited all places on campus except the woods, talked to everyone I can find, got booze for Novac, now Im stuck. I've been carrying around a spade full of tar. The trouble with demo's is that you never know if you're stuck or just reached the end of the demo. Is there more to do here?

Re: Miskatonic - 12/13/11 01:26 PM

Hi macmac, yes the demo will let you know once you've come to the end of it.

Did you speak to the other two guys upstairs, and make a favourable impression on them? If either/both has a grey cloud over their head, you'll need to work out how to get rid of it by choosing the correct dialogue with them.

Once all three profs are happy, the story will get going again.

Re: Miskatonic - 12/13/11 02:24 PM

H santa holidays frown12 presents12 think ello stuck again got the balls sorted lol got a piece of wire and a cloth need electric .Now every time I go near the libery Thunder .Not sure if this is relevent .A little nudge please ta.Put the wire
Click to reveal..
in the batteries

Re: Miskatonic - 12/13/11 02:40 PM

How many baubles did you have? I only have eight, but seem to need nine. Did you find a ninth somewhere else?

I'm also still trying to work out how to get the lightning rod going. We might need to wait for help here. If you find out in the meantime, post here. lol12

Re: Miskatonic - 12/13/11 02:59 PM

The bottle around the back of the orray .I must have tried to pick that bottle up loads of times .Then arrange them .Im after electric to . luck

Re: Miskatonic - 12/13/11 03:05 PM

Oh good grief. Wouldn't have thought of using the bottle for that. Thanks. grin12

Re: Miskatonic - 12/13/11 03:13 PM

try stick any thing any where when I m stuck it quite shocked me lol I m so stuck now lol.Does any one know where the proffessor is who does the rain dance .Found him need rain .I have found the proffessor need him to do a rain dance says he will he told me to meet him at the orray but as nt turned up .I am missing some thing but dont know what .How are you doing Rushs.Got him hes on the roof lol
Posted By: Ewil02

Re: Miskatonic - 12/13/11 11:23 PM

Hello, I'm playing the game and got stuck in the asylum and could use a hint please. I just got the 10 tile pieces for Norden's puzzle and tried to put it together and was told I need something else to go with the puzzle pieces, any suggestions? Thanks.
Posted By: MaG

Re: Miskatonic - 12/13/11 11:57 PM

Let's wait for help for you, Ewil.

Re: Miskatonic - 12/14/11 12:24 AM

Glad you're progressing now, dragon. How are you getting on with setting the control panel?

Hi Ewil, did you manage to open the wooden box, in the desk drawer outside the main ward?

Re: Miskatonic - 12/14/11 01:27 AM

Hey Rushes-

I didn't know how to get into the locked wooden box- I tried everything in inventory and couldn't do it. Any suggestions for that one?

Re: Miskatonic - 12/14/11 07:31 AM

Ewil put the puzzal pieces on the puzzal .If you have all the pieces she will..Good news looking through disscussions and saw some one else stuck and they said they got in touch with the makers of the game and they helped .Me I m enjoying it this way the game will last longer but if really stuck and no one here can help may be worth a try .Got the balls in place got power .

If you are stuck for electric
Click to reveal..
look for the smoke

you want rain
Click to reveal..
you need the proffessor .

If you are stuck here I can help .I am stuck getting the right combination for the clock .Keep putting differant dates in the control panel but not working lol . wave12 winter luck think insane

Re: Miskatonic - 12/14/11 07:54 AM

Ewil, you'll get the key for the box by working with the statue on the bookshelf. The clue to solving that is in the manila folder.

I'm stuck at the control panel also, dragon. smile

Re: Miskatonic - 12/14/11 09:24 AM

I wondered what that key was for santaSorry about the spoilers oops

Re: Miskatonic - 12/14/11 09:22 PM

Thanks Rushes and Dragon- I got the key and I'm moving on back across the lake. bravo12

Re: Miskatonic - 12/14/11 09:30 PM

Great stuff!

Re: Miskatonic - 12/15/11 07:23 AM

Rushes, thanks for the hint; just what I needed. I've d/l the full game and I'm enjoying it. Found 8 puzzle triangles and stuck for a full day looking for the other two. Are all the puzzle pieces in the same general area? By the way, that poor girl has the worst case of Scoliosis I've ever seen!

Re: Miskatonic - 12/15/11 07:27 AM

[spoiler]look hard at the painting and have you got the chewing gum[spoiler][.If these ar nt the 2 you are after please post again .Think I recall where most of them was lol.If any one can tell me or give me a clue to get the correct key word for the computor so I can finish the clock puzzal would help ta think thanks santa

Re: Miskatonic - 12/15/11 07:31 AM

Hi Dragon yes I found the one in the painting, it seems like I need to do something to the water fountain....no, I dont have the gum yet. Let me go try again

Re: Miskatonic - 12/15/11 10:54 AM

Click to reveal..
Yes I thought you did dont worry about the water fountain as long as you have your tile out of it.Look closly at the lamp luck

Re: Miskatonic - 12/15/11 11:14 AM

Thanks for your help Dragon. Im still searching for the 10th tile, got number 9 using the gum. Im reluctant to tell you where I found each tile as that would be a spoiler and I dont know how to do the spoiler thingy, but it seems I have found all the "easy" (Ha!) ones, including the lamp. There's a magazine on the table that doesnt seem to serve any purpose; is there something there? Thanks again...

Re: Miskatonic - 12/15/11 12:20 PM

Click to reveal..
have you looked among the cushins
you know the little horn thing press that 2nd from the right symbol.Hope this helps 4 the spoiler luck

Re: Miskatonic - 12/15/11 01:48 PM

Another tile location:

Click to reveal..
There's also one set into the door that leads out of the ward.

Re: Miskatonic - 12/15/11 05:20 PM

Dragon, are you still having trouble with the control panel? I have the answer now, if you need hints. Just shout.

Re: Miskatonic - 12/15/11 05:34 PM

got it thanks .Waiting for episode 2 now lol santa thumbsUp12 urock thanks

Re: Miskatonic - 12/15/11 05:40 PM

woot

Re: Miskatonic - 12/15/11 07:14 PM

Cant wait for the next episode lol.

Re: Miskatonic - 12/15/11 07:38 PM

I'm not doing to well on this game. Aurindas went into her office and it was broken into. What should I be doing now? I have a spade with pitch.
Thanks.Richard

Re: Miskatonic - 12/15/11 07:44 PM

Have you examined the fireplace thoroughly?

There's something in the room you need to find. smile

Re: Miskatonic - 12/15/11 07:50 PM

Thanks Rushes. You were a great help,fixed the boat.
Richard

Re: Miskatonic - 12/15/11 08:17 PM

Great. thumbsUp12

Re: Miskatonic - 12/15/11 10:11 PM

Rushes, Dragon..thanks for help. Finally found all 10

Re: Miskatonic - 12/15/11 10:14 PM

Wonderful. smile

Re: Miskatonic - 12/15/11 11:41 PM

Still can't figure out the code to unlock the door. I looked at the calendar but no help. Thanks
Richard

Re: Miskatonic - 12/15/11 11:46 PM

The calendar has someone's birthday on it, but only part of a name.

To get the full name, examine a paper on the desk below the calendar.

Then you can put together the rest of the code from one of the papers in the main Reception area where the nurse is.

luck

Re: Miskatonic - 12/16/11 01:14 AM

I've got 9 puzzle pieces do I have to pick up the gum. Looking for the tenth one.
Richard

Re: Miskatonic - 12/16/11 04:37 AM

Kjos, you will need the gum to find the 10th puzzle piece. In order to get the gum, you may need to distract the receptionist, perhaps with something you may find in the corridor...
Posted By: Bert Jamin

Re: Miskatonic - 12/16/11 02:21 PM

Hi girls and guys!

I finished the game a few days ago. Just started to write my walkthrough for the game.

I must say I love the game very much and at some points it pretty hard. But that is what adventures are ment to be!

I guess I have my walkthrough finished this weekend. I will try to add new parts each and every day. When finished I will send mywalkthrough to Marita as usual.

By the way... nice avatar dragonuk44!

Cheers to all of you,
Bert

Re: Miskatonic - 12/16/11 04:35 PM

Thanks, Bert! wave12

Re: Miskatonic - 12/16/11 04:40 PM

Thanks Bert luck wave12 bravo12

Re: Miskatonic - 12/16/11 06:44 PM

Thanks Bert.
Richard

Re: Miskatonic - 12/17/11 05:03 PM

My pleasure guys! My walkthrough is now up to the ten puzzle pieces...

Cheers,
Bert

Re: Miskatonic - 12/20/11 08:59 AM

Please help get me unstuck... Im trying to align the planetary system but not really understanding the clues in the book. I dont understand a statement like " Uranus < Mars"--in mathmatical terminology, the symbol " < " is "less than". Does that have some significance here? any hints appreciated...

Re: Miskatonic - 12/20/11 02:11 PM

< means a lower bolt number. smile

Re: Miskatonic - 12/21/11 10:03 AM

Just added that part to my walkthrough macmac!

Cheers,
Bert

Re: Miskatonic - 12/21/11 12:09 PM

Bert, thanks to Rushes' hint I was able to correctly allign the planets. Went and checked your walkthrough, you're doing a great job, thanks!

Re: Miskatonic - 12/22/11 11:06 AM

Hi guys,

Just finished my walkthrough!

Cheers,
Bert

Re: Miskatonic - 12/22/11 12:03 PM

thumbsUp12 Bert!

Re: Miskatonic - 12/22/11 12:26 PM

great job Bert! A few observations; on the control panel in the orrery, for some reason the first time I entered the date and pushed the button I recieved a different drawing. Maybe I entered the date wrong? Anyway, I got it right the second time through. Also, the toggle-switch is labeled BC and AD, I think you had something different in your walkthrough. I wonder about the items in inventory that were'nt used? Thanks again for a great walkthrough.

Re: Miskatonic - 12/22/11 05:19 PM

Thanks guys!

Oeps macmac... made a typo BC/AC! Changed it into the correct BC/AD. Thanks for letting me know!
You can find about six different dates concerning the syzygy date. If you use the wrong date you get different orrery sketches (drawings) all the time. So if you use for instance the date August 5, 1924 you will get another drawing everytime you push the center button. Only with the correct alternative date you will get the same drawing over and over.
As far as I remember I don't have any unused items in my inventory...

Cheers,
Bert

Re: Miskatonic - 12/23/11 07:18 AM

yes I had fun with that one lol

Re: Miskatonic - 12/23/11 10:23 AM

Bert, after I finished the game I had a pile of ashes from the fireplace still in my inventory, I cant remember using the ashes for anything. Also, the tire/tube was still in my inventory, even though I used it to get a key. Not really important, but I couldnt help but wonder...

Re: Miskatonic - 12/23/11 12:48 PM

According to Bert's walkthrough, the ashes are used:

Click to reveal..
on one of the envelopes in the key-box puzzle, to reveal the outline of the correct key.

I did that puzzle another way. Didn't think to use the ashes. lol12

Re: Miskatonic - 12/24/11 10:34 AM

Rush I also completed that puzzle without using the ashes. Also, while snooping around looking for clues, I saw the tire tube, clicked on it, and it became part of my inventory again, even though I had already used it. no big deal, just something I noticed...

Re: Miskatonic - 12/25/11 10:15 AM

Same happened to me lol
© 2024 GameBoomers Community