GB HOMEPAGE

Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting

Posted By: FJT

Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/11/12 02:54 AM

Anybody figure out the new code needed to override lockdown at the beginning of the game?

Thanks,
FJT
Posted By: GreyFuss

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/11/12 03:35 AM

Yes, what do you need as a hint?
Posted By: MaG

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/11/12 03:36 AM

Let's wait for someone playing this game to help us here.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/11/12 06:50 AM

I understand the math, but what 2 numbers do you use to come up with the 4 digit code. I've tried several to no avail.
Thanks, FJT

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/11/12 06:55 AM

Have you reset the computer?

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/11/12 07:00 AM

It tells me that the code is incorrect and then I'll plug in another one with no success. Do you use the 2 numbers calculated on the paper that was in the trash?

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/11/12 07:02 AM

So you haven't reset the computer... right?

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/11/12 07:03 AM

I guess not.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/11/12 07:08 AM

The clue to how you can reset the computer is in the same room.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/11/12 07:15 AM

Yes, I saw that note on the board, but I can't seem to determine which numbers I use to compute a new code.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/11/12 07:20 AM

Click to reveal..
The computer will generate the numbers you will need to transcode once you figure out how to reset the computer.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/11/12 07:23 AM

Thanks, I'll try to figure that out.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/11/12 07:25 AM

"Notice" it

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/11/12 02:57 PM

Thanks, Greyfuss.

luck FJT.
Posted By: VRMpls2

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/11/12 07:18 PM

I tired everything I can think of for a code, but nothing. I need to find out how to do this. I want to get past this. Thanks.You can e-mail me if you don't want to put too much in here.
Posted By: mayday_

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/11/12 07:22 PM

Me too if it pleases you, thank you.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/11/12 09:51 PM

If you haven't "Reset" the computer, you wont get the numbers you need to decipher the code. The Notice on the board explains what you need to do to reset the computer.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/11/12 10:33 PM

I am not sure what to do. I have some numbers, but they don't add up to 4 didgets, and I read that you need some numbers. I have the paper from the garbage, but even trying the formula, it doesn't seem to work. Is there another place to reset the computer? It only wants the code, but I have things from the drawer, and maybe I need to go to other rooms first. Is this what is needed? Sorry. I don't know how to solve this one. Thanks. Vicki

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/11/12 10:45 PM

Have you noticed the electrical box next to the bulletin board where the Notice is?

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/11/12 10:52 PM

I turned it off for the fan, but it won't let me turn it back on.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/11/12 11:19 PM

Before you turn it back on you need to do something to the fan.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/11/12 11:35 PM

I tried to use everything I have on the fan, but nothing works. I don't know if I missed something. I have a flash drive, tools, and a card from the drawer. Also the papers from the garbage. Am I missing something? Thanks for your help.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/11/12 11:46 PM

A table leg might prove useful

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/12/12 12:17 AM

Thanks...very helpful. It ig getting good. Thanks for your help. Vicki
Posted By: jmdsmd1

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/12/12 02:29 AM

Hi All,
I must be dense. I turned off the box, inserted a leg into one of the fans (actually unscrewed 2 legs but could only use 1 )but I don't know how to rest the computer. Am I missing something? I've gone over it a couple dozen times and am getting really frustrated.
Please Help!!!
Thanks,

jmdsmd1

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/12/12 03:11 AM

Did you turn the fan power back on?

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/12/12 03:14 AM

Hi,
No, it won't allow me to. From what I've been reading I have to reset the computer first and I don't know how to do it.
Thanks for your help!

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/12/12 03:28 AM

You have it backwards...you need to create a power failure during the Lockdown period for the computer to reset. One way of during that is to blow a fuse or make a power overload. Go back to the fan power switch.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/12/12 03:48 AM

Sorry, I just don't understand what I need to do next and I can't think of any options I haven't tried.. Any chance you could just tell me? In a pm ?
Otherwise I just have to quit until there's a walkthrough. I appreciate your trying to help , regardless !

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/12/12 04:02 AM

You should be able to turn the fan power back on. If you haven't already go back to the fan switch box and slide the lever up

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/12/12 04:07 AM

No that's the problem.I mentioned before that the lever is no longer active so I can't turn it back on.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/12/12 04:28 AM

If you can get back into the box then I believe the lever can be moved. If you had already turned it back on the whole box would no longer be active. I can't remember for sure how I did it but have you clicked, hold and slid the switch or just plain played around with it?
Posted By: Dan Peach

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/12/12 04:31 AM

Remember "vent covers cannot be removed whilst fans are on", which also means....the fans can't be switched on if the covers are off. smile

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/12/12 04:55 AM

bravo Thats got to be the answer...thanks Dan

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/12/12 07:16 AM

Which room had the drawer with the tools, etc.

Thanks, FJT

Never mind. I found it and was finally able to reset the computer.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/12/12 08:59 AM

Getting quite far, but now sure what to do with anything yet. Got in some rooms. Think I know where the hotel is by some directions and the map in the briefing room. Can't get into the shower room....the code is different and haven't found anything that works yet. Need a hint or help with that. So far I am enjoying the game. I think this will take me a lot of time without a walkthrough. I am not that good at solving everything. Wish I could print the layout from the computer, but my computer can't. It would be easier than drawing everything out. Vicki
Posted By: JoJo

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/12/12 10:45 AM

Could also need some help with the access to the work area shower. Got the right keycard and now it seems like it needs a new code, but where to get it from? Any hints anybody? *thx*
Posted By: neon

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/12/12 07:34 PM

I also have a problem with the shower room. I don't know how Kegan calculated his code for the Processing room. I think that's the key. Also the two weekly plans could provide a hint (the one in the trash bin and the one on the board).

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/12/12 09:30 PM

I am still stumped. Need to know how to get a code for the showers.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/12/12 09:50 PM

I'm with you too. Is there anybody out there who has the answer?

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/12/12 10:00 PM

I have all the answers. grin

Ok, so, what do we have? A street map? A list of what look like directions? Some mention of a hotel? Hmmmm, what about this hotel? If only we could find out where it was. And then once we'd found out where it was, if only we had a search engine at our disposal to search for what hotel might be on that street. And since we know this hotel means something (otherwise why would it be mentioned) perhaps this will yield some more useful information. wink

Remember folks - you're a Sheriff - you're investigating - there are no set ways to go about things - it's up to you to decide how you need to use whatever items and whatever info you have at any one time, to progress and ultimately discover what has happened here. smile

Good luck. wave

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/12/12 10:08 PM

I did find this and think I know the street, but it doesn't come up on the search engine, and I don't know the name of it. So I can't look it up that way. I followed the directions and think I did it right. It is driving me crazy...doing this for the second day. Also I wish I had the layout of the place, but I can't print the screen and get it. My map is messy. Thanks. If you could give me a hint, of maybe the letter of the street. I think I am right. But with all the crazy directions and streets coming in at some angles, it may not be right.
Posted By: Emir

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/12/12 10:38 PM

Originally Posted By: VRMpls2
Also I wish I had the layout of the place, but I can't print the screen and get it.

Here is the layout (Use right click to save it on your disk. Then print it):

Click to reveal..

If you could give me a hint, of maybe the letter of the street.

First letter(s) of the street are:

Click to reveal..
F.... L...

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/12/12 11:06 PM

I am right about the street, but I put it in the data base, and it had 0 results. Is that what I am supposed to put in? Thanks for the help

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/12/12 11:20 PM

Try different ways to enter it and remember what you were looking for on that street. There seems to be only one way for the Search engine to work.

BTW...I think these puzzles are brilliant and most have taken a lot of thought to the multi layers they have.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/12/12 11:39 PM

Got it but not sure what to do with it. Looked everywhere that it lets me go, but nothing. Even the search engine only seems to do that one thing. I tried every number I have and did different combos, but nothing. I thyink I am really stumped. I may not get any farther til the walkthrough gets out. It has taken two days to get only a couple of things done. I thought I was good at logic, but this time it has me. I have had so many ideas, but none has panned out. Any suggestions on how to proceed would be appreciated. I can't get intom the shower area. Thanks for all your help.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/12/12 11:41 PM

Originally Posted By: GreyFuss
There seems to be only one way for the Search engine to work.

Yes, and I wonder why they didn't allowed different combinations of key words to give same result? This way it can be frustrating. As WRMpls2, I had problem with this search engine puzzle just because I didn't type words in the same way as designers were thinking they should be typed. That make you think that you maybe got wrong street from map and that is not something you want to do over again.

BTW, I like game so far and story keeps you playing more.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/12/12 11:44 PM

Got it but not sure what to do with it.

Have you used search engine more then just for obtaining hotel address?

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 12:25 AM

Many ways, but with no luck. Don't know what else t put in. Did everything I could with all the info I had. Used my notes also. HELP!!! thanks.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 12:34 AM

As we are looking for a
Click to reveal..
hotel
try to include it in your search term with the name of the street that you have already found out.

It seems to matter, if you write for example street or Street!

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 12:37 AM

I did that, but now don't know where to turn. I found nothing so far after finding out the hotel name, etc. Is there something else to search for?

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 12:42 AM

Yes, there is.

Don't know how to give you a clue without saying the answer. Along with the name and adress of the hotel (result page), there is another information you should look deeper into it and search for it using the search engine.

Solution:

Click to reveal..
HotelMan

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 02:06 AM

Got the info, but any numbers I have won't work no matter if I use the formula or not. I admit I am stumped. Most games I can figure out something, but I have been everywhere, and can use nothing I have. Need the code (I think) to get into the shower room. Please help me. I want to play tonight. A few minutes at a time is getting old. I have never had this happen before. They did a good job with the puzzles. Thanks for all your help. Vicki

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 02:25 AM

Just to get my bearings right at the beginning using the map, is the first right onto Dalton. And then when you go straight, is it for just one block?

Thanks, FJT

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 02:30 AM

If you are trying to find out where the hotel is, there is a note on the board in the briefing room that tells you how and where to start, and which way to turn 1st. I took it as "straight" was one block each time and found it right away. Hope this helps.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 02:33 AM

Yes I have the note with all the turns listed as well as the map. I just want to make sure that I'm starting at the right place on S. Circular. So again, is my first right Dalton.

Thanks, FJT

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 02:44 AM

I think it is Ashton.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 02:47 AM

Direction
Click to reveal..
After turning left on South Circular my next turn was right on Ashton

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 02:47 AM

Can anyone point me in the right direction so I can play tonight? I stay up late and no one will be here to help. Need a few hints. If you don't want to put it in here, it is ok to e-mail me with the info. I am at a standstill. don't think there is anything to put in the search engine after the two things. I think the code is something to do with what HotelMan wrote (date), but it didn't work, so now I am very stuck. Need a few things to work on tonight so I can get past this spot. Thanks

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 03:03 AM

Thanks to you both. We'll give it a go.

FJT

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 03:41 AM

Just curious GreyFuss, why do you turn rt. on Ashton and not any other street that comes first?

Thanks, FJT

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 03:52 AM

Thats the way the directions read...

Click to reveal..

Ashton is the first street you come to that you can make a right on.

Right = make the first right
Left = Make the first left
Straight = pass one street

Does that make sense?

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 04:09 AM

Do you have any suggestions on what to do after reading about the manager of then hotel? I know it has a date, but that doesn't work for the shower room. Thanks.
Posted By: TheJake

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 04:15 AM

I'm stuck exactly where VRMpls2 is. From the website I have gathered 2 details. One is the "international love date" and a time, place and date for I'm guessing footage to access the cameras with. I've inputed the data to get the cameras working it does nothing so I don't have a clue what this second code could be and how it applies to the shower door. I've fixed the pipes under the shower so they are ready to go but I cannot get into that shower room without that darn code. any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 04:26 AM

How did you fix the shower pipes? I can't get anything to work. Also, where are the cameras, I found a time in the search engine, but I don't remember a date and place. Didn't get anything about cameras, so I will loo0k again. Can you give me a clue so I can play tonight? Thanks.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 04:29 AM

Why not Dalton?

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 04:38 AM

How did you fix the shower pipes? I can't get anything to work. Also, where are the cameras, I found a time in the search engine, but I don't remember a date and place. Didn't get anything about cameras, so I will loo0k again. Can you give me a clue so I can play tonight? Thanks.

Check your PM

FJT

Where are you starting from? Read the board in the Briefing room carefully

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 04:52 AM

Sent you a message through pm, I think. I have never used that. Hope you can get me started. Thanks

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 05:14 AM

I'm stuck and have spent hours doing all kinds of math to no avail. I reset the computers but cannot open any of the locked doors. Am I missing something really obvious? I can't go anywhere even though I reset and entered the new code. Please help!

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 05:17 AM

Originally Posted By: TheJake
I'm stuck exactly where VRMpls2 is. From the website I have gathered 2 details. One is the "international love date" and a time, place and date for I'm guessing footage to access the cameras with. I've inputed the data to get the cameras working it does nothing so I don't have a clue what this second code could be and how it applies to the shower door. I've fixed the pipes under the shower so they are ready to go but I cannot get into that shower room without that darn code. any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

See you Private Messages (PM's)

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 05:19 AM

Originally Posted By: jmdsmd1
I'm stuck and have spent hours doing all kinds of math to no avail. I reset the computers but cannot open any of the locked doors. Am I missing something really obvious? I can't go anywhere even though I reset and entered the new code. Please help!

Did the code you entered in the computer work?

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 05:19 AM

Got it GreyFuss. Thanks a lot. FJT

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 05:34 AM

Yes, it did.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 05:39 AM

So you are looking at a drawing of the facility right?

Do you have any keycards?

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 05:44 AM

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

Yes and yes. I see the diagram and I have Keegan's keycard but I've tried every combination imaginable and I can't unlock the doors..

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 05:54 AM

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

Yes and yes. I see the diagram and I have Keegan's keycard but I've tried every combination imaginable and I can't unlock the doors..

Have you looked the the waste basket?

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 05:56 AM

Yes, that's how I figured out how to get the reset code from the 2 codes that the computer gave me.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 05:57 AM

Yes, that's how I figured out how to get the reset code from the 2 codes that the computer gave me.

There were 2 pieces of paper wasn't there?

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 06:07 AM

yes

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 06:15 AM

What room is your Keycard for?

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 07:03 AM

Still stuck. I can see the kitchen storeroom in the computer, but can't figure out the date or room to look at for the camera. Not seeing anyone talking in it. Help please. Thanks.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 07:24 AM

Check the notice board again, if you haven't yet listened to any archived material. smile

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 07:50 AM

Thanks Greyfuss,
The obvious often escapes me. I always have to complicate things! I did pages of calculations like an idiot ! Anyway I'm finally doing some serious exploring.Thanks for the nudge in the right direction. I love this game!!! Have to take a break every so often because it makes me very uneasy...

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 08:20 AM

Listened to briefing room. Is there any other to listen to?

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 08:44 AM

Hmm, I think there must be something to see/listen to also with the informations we got
Click to reveal..
from the HotelMan's website
... I'm trying to figure out the date the incident may be happened actually...

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 08:57 AM

I don't know the incident date either....and am not making headway. Been in the same spot since yesterday pretty much. I cannot find any other tape to listen to on the computer. I am getting ready to give up. Getting in and out of the game and waiting til someone can answer gets hard after awhile. I have tried every date I have, and the rooms, but nothing. Don't know what I am missing, but will try for awhile.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 11:59 AM

Well, I can't help, I'm as far as you are.

Maybe someone else have a clue for us? *please*

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 02:40 PM

Have you been into Cell 7 yet?

And everyone should remember that this place is like a Military complex.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 05:00 PM

Well, I'm also stuck.

International Day of Love, well, could be... tomorrow. But it's Sasha's Code, not Remelia's. I need Remelia's Code for the shower room. Now I know Kegan's Code and Sasha's Code (maybe). But it doesn't help me.

I still can't access the Shower room and I see no other way to go from here. Maybe I'm overseeing something.

And I've also been in Cell 7, but can't figure out how to use the information given. Maybe I should find some data for the USB drive.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 05:21 PM

Originally Posted By: neon

And I've also been in Cell 7, but can't figure out how to use the information given.

You are on the right track...figure it out

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 05:29 PM

I don't know how to get into cell 7 or do the data drive. I guess I am not getting it. I heard the computer briefing room talk, but nothing else. I am still where I was yesterday. I tried half of last night and nothing. I am ready to quit. Don't know if tyhere is something else to listen to, but have tried all kinds of ways with dates and rooms, but nothing. What am I missing? I need some real help. Losing interest because I can't seem to get it. The last two days I have been trying to solve this.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 05:39 PM

I even can't tell how I accessed cell 7. I'm pretty sure it was closed when I was in that corridor for the first time. Now it's open. I did not do anything with that door. The trigger must have been somewhere else.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 05:52 PM

Originally Posted By: GreyFuss

And I've also been in Cell 7, but can't figure out how to use the information given.

You are on the right track...figure it out

I'm trying. I'm still not sure if the name ends on D or O. I think it's a D, but searching for both in the search engine did not help. The number seems to be the individual number of the prisoners. 13... hm. Days? I don't think so. How could they know how many days have passed without a window or any other clue how late it is...

Is that written in blood?

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 06:14 PM

It's a
Click to reveal..
D

Don't use the search engine. Try something else, as you have the name and the acquisition number.

Don't know, for me it looks like blood. But it's not a hotspot so we can't do anything with it.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 06:18 PM

I don't know how to get into cell 7 or do the data drive. I guess I am not getting it. I heard the computer briefing room talk, but nothing else. I am still where I was yesterday. I tried half of last night and nothing. I am ready to quit. Don't know if tyhere is something else to listen to, but have tried all kinds of ways with dates and rooms, but nothing. What am I missing? I need some real help. Losing interest because I can't seem to get it. The last two days I have been trying to solve this.

As neon, I can't tell you what the trigger is for opening the cell 7 door. It was locked before, but then as I walked again there, the cardreader shows green instead of red.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 06:24 PM

Is there anything I need to listen to on the computer beside the briefing room? If so, what? Please help or I can't keep trying. Two days is enough. Cell 7 is still locked, and I haven't seen anything about cell 7, so that may be them trigger to open it. I have tried eveything I have and all the info on both computers, but nothing. If I can't get past this, I will just have to quit, which is something I don't do often. I am sooooooo frustrated now that it isn't fun anymore. Want to move past this point so I can play it. Thanks

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 06:43 PM

Originally Posted By: JoJo

It's a
Click to reveal..
D

Don't use the search engine. Try something else, as you have the name and the acquisition number.

Don't know, for me it looks like blood. But it's not a hotspot so we can't do anything with it.

Ok, one step closer. Now I have a lot of data and I try to figure out what it means.

I'm still sure there is a way to calculate the access codes. If only I could find the pattern how Kegan did it with his code. My problem is, I can't imagine in which way personal data of the prisoners can be related to the access codes. And even if there is a connection, how do I use it? Still trying... it feels like the solution is very close.

It's a great game in my opinion. It's not just like clicking through boring inventory puzzles, it's hard brain work.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 06:52 PM

Will MaG be doing a walkthrough for this game?

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 06:53 PM

Want to move past this point so I can play it. Thanks

Step by step. Did you already look into the box in the processing room? That's one I missed when I first came into the room.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 06:56 PM

What is the date the incident happened? I read the web sight so many times and used every date there, and nothing. I also don'tm, know which room for the video except them briefing room. I think I am right on the time. This is so frustrating. I usually have ideas, but after all this time, I ran out. Please help me get past this. Mine hasn't had any clue about the cell, so that ism probably why it isn't open yet. Don't know how to get the clue.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 07:01 PM

What is the date the incident happened? I read the web sight so many times and used every date there, and nothing. I also don'tm, know which room for the video except them briefing room. I think I am right on the time. This is so frustrating. I usually have ideas, but after all this time, I ran out. Please help me get past this. Mine hasn't had any clue about the cell, so that ism probably why it isn't open yet. Don't know how to get the clue.

What incident do you mean, the day they caught Michael Sylar?

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 07:10 PM

No. Something about Sasha. I used the Sylar date to hear the briefing video, but don't know if there is something else. After hearing the brief, I have tried everything I have on the computer, been everywhere, and nothing works with what I have. I have searched all walls, etc. in case there is a hot spot I missed, and the only ones that show up can't be used with anything I have. I don't know where to turn now. Can't get to where all the other people are. don't know how to move on at all. Been trying for 2 days. Please help. Can't go the the web sight and e-mail them, it says all my 3 e-mails are not valid when I put them in. Need all the hints I can get so I can play today.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 07:12 PM

Originally Posted By: JoJo

But it's not a hotspot so we can't do anything with it.

Sure, but the table legs also were no hotspots. So it seems that it's possible to interact with objects even if they are not highlighted.

That means I have to try out everything in the game, even if it's not obvious.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 07:28 PM

Need all the hints I can get so I can play today.

How many objects do you have in your inventory?

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 07:53 PM

Ok. I figured out how to play archive record for incident involving Sasha and Remelia. Also, playing this record is crucial for getting Remelia code (you simply cannot calculate that code).

So here it is:

Click to reveal..
Hotel manager in his blog dated on 10.02.09 was mentioning that incident had happened at 3:15 (note that this also could be 15:15). It involved person designated as number 83. If you have already checked Acquisition database you know that 0083 is Joshua K. from cell 7 and his status "expired" on 09-30-09. So, incident took place before that date. Now, I have tried several dates and times and correct query for video archive is:

Date: 09-28-09
Time: 15:15

BTW, I have no idea what triggered cell 7 opening. If someone knows I would like to hear explanation.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 08:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Emir
Ok. I figured out how to play archive record for incident involving Sasha and Remelia. Also, playing this record is crucial for getting Remelia code (you simply cannot calculate that code).

So here it is:

Click to reveal..
Hotel manager in his blog dated on 10.02.09 was mentioning that incident had happened at 3:15 (note that this also could be 15:15). It involved person designated as number 83. If you have already checked Acquisition database you know that 0083 is Joshua K. from cell 7 and his status "expired" on 09-30-09. So, incident took place before that date. Now, I have tried several dates and times and correct query for video archive is:

BTW, I have no idea what triggered cell 7 opening. If someone knows I would like to hear explanation.

That was the final clue. I'm in. Somebody mentioned pipes to be repaired, and I also remember it was somebody who also did not enter the shower room. What pipes? I can't find any pipes.
Posted By: Sokra

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 08:10 PM

Can anybody tell me, when a walkthrtough is available anywhere?

Kind regrads

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 08:46 PM

@neon

you will find the pipes here: go to processing storeroom, turn left and in the right corner you should find something...

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 08:46 PM

I'm still having a problem accessing information on the search engine for the hotel on F.... L... What info. exactly do you put in. And how do you know to put HotelMan in the search engine?

Thanks,
FJT

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 08:47 PM

Originally Posted By: FJT
I'm still having a problem accessing information on the search engine for the hotel on F.... L... What info. exactly do you put in. And how do you know to put HotelMan in the search engine?

Thanks,
FJT

Do you have the town map?

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 08:48 PM

So here it is:

Click to reveal..

That was the final clue. I'm in. Somebody mentioned pipes to be repaired, and I also remember it was somebody who also did not enter the shower room. What pipes? I can't find any pipes.

You don't need to repair pipes, just to "rearrange" them a little :-) Anyway, after listening Sasha incident audio record it should be obvious what pipes and why :-)

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 08:49 PM

Yes. I believe the street is Fargo Lane. Is that correct?

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 08:50 PM

Click to reveal..
Hotel Fargo Lane is the exact search term.

after searching about the hotel, you will find also the answer to your second question...

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 08:51 PM

Yes. I believe the street is Fargo Lane. Is that correct?

Answer:

Click to reveal..
Yes. That is the name of the street. Now, in search engine type: Hotel Fargo Lane. Look at search result. Hotel owner has a nickname. Type that nickname in search engine to find his Internet blog.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 08:57 PM

Thanks so much JoJo and Emir. Now can you give me a hint as to how to access the showers, if that indeed should be my next move.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 09:02 PM

Thanks so much JoJo and Emir. Now can you give me a hint as to how to access the showers, if that indeed should be my next move.

I think for this one should find out how to trigger the cell 7 door to be opened. I'd really like to know how I made it.

For the pipes, found it. At least the entrance. Now I have two pipes looking up, one in my inventory and the brackets. Stuck again from there, but I'm sure I'll solve that somehow.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 09:07 PM

Did you get Remelia's code?

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 09:10 PM

For the pipes, found it. At least the entrance. Now I have two pipes looking up, one in my inventory and the brackets. Stuck again from there, but I'm sure I'll solve that somehow.

Do you have pliers in inventory?

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 09:11 PM

Yes I got Remelia's code.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 09:17 PM

Yes I got Remelia's code.

Then:

Click to reveal..

You should use Remelia's card on Shower room card reader and enter the code (which is 2717).

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 09:37 PM

Do you have pliers in inventory?

I had. They're gone after I prepared both pipes.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 09:37 PM

Thanks Emir. I'll do that.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 09:43 PM

hmm...did you already discovered the two shelfs inside the procession storeroom (turn right, forward, then right)...? you should find there some other items you will need for the pipes..
(plastic bottle, garden hose etc.)

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 10:35 PM

Walkthrough for those who are interested. smile

http://www.justadventure.com/article/91/walkthroughs-corrosion-cold-winter-waiting

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 11:43 PM

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you Dan. FJT

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/14/12 12:09 AM

You're a doll. that will help a lot. Thanks.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/14/12 01:06 AM

I cannot cut the plastic bottle because after cutting the two hhoses, it took the knife away. Any suggestions?

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/14/12 01:18 AM

Scroll left or right in your inventory to make sure it's not hidden.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/14/12 01:41 AM

I already tried that. Didn't move. Don't know where it went. If it won't come back, I may need a saved game for after cell 7.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/14/12 02:25 AM

Make sure the you are clicking the the left arrow on the inventory and that it turns red. Each click only moves the inventory one item at a time.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/14/12 02:32 AM

It won't let me get close to the arrow. It goes as far as thye code note and then won't move. The note will come up, but can't do the arrow. I have tried to move it right or left, but nothing.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/14/12 02:40 AM

You can't see the arrow?

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/14/12 02:45 AM

I can see the right and left arrow, but it will only let me get to the code note on the left, and no further. I cannot even touch the arrow on the left....only the right one. But nothing happens with touching the right one. Does anyone have a saved game for just after cell 7? Or after looking into the computer about Joshua. That is where I am. Thanks.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/14/12 02:50 AM

Thats strange, you can see the left arrow but can't touch it...check the whole inventory for the knife, I may be confusing this with another game I am playing but I remember a knife moving from the first position in the inventory to somewhere in the middle after using it. Right now in my game the knife is still sitting in the first position.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/14/12 02:59 AM

I only have about 11 items in the inventory, and it won't even go right because of it. I am ready to quit now. 5 hours on the problem and 2 days trying to get past the partm about cell 7, that is enough. Great game, but not worth the frustration. I don't need to get this upset. Only have about an hour left tonight to play. So if I can't fix this or get a saved game, I will be ready to give it up. Don't want to start over.
Posted By: sooner11

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/14/12 05:35 AM

I think cell 7 is triggered by accessing the briefing room archive
Posted By: ArthurR91

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/14/12 05:13 PM

Walkthrough: <<Go to the Furnace Room, the door to which is in the Processing Storeroom. Un-lock it and go in. Look closer at the floor of the furnace and pick up the scrap of paper. Examine it.
It's part of a burnt receipt for something called SD6-159 that was delivered to Kegan on 7 November 2009. Pull back and look closer at the closed panel on the wall at left. It has a lock and a keyhole, but you don't have the key.
Go to the computer in the Processing Room. Search for SD6-159 and read the result. Interesting...>>
I searched Name : Kegan Number : SD6-159
and no answer at all for me ...

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/14/12 05:46 PM

Sorry, I found out. The search has to be made in the KinglySoft Browser not in the Acquisition Database as I did.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/14/12 08:00 PM

Click to reveal..
Always eaten by the Demon!
Any save for me after the race?

Thanks.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/14/12 08:35 PM

Arthur, I added a spoiler tag so as not to spoil someones experience as to what happens.

I also edited out your email address. Members and staff can access your profile and get your email address there.

Ana luck

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/15/12 08:07 PM

I finally succeeded in finishing the game thanks to the (vital?, indispensable?) Walkthrough.
Many thanks!
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/15/12 10:06 PM

Great that you finished the game, Arthur. thumbsup
Posted By: mayday_

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/16/12 06:12 PM

Hello Rushes !

Where is the code for the office of Donald. Thanks.

---------------

Sorry, found!

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/16/12 07:34 PM

Glad you found it, mayday.
Posted By: kjos

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/16/12 10:54 PM

I'm looking at the WT from JA but when I print it the right side is cut off. Is there another way I can print it with out the right side not cut off. Thanks
Richard
Posted By: macmac

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/16/12 11:06 PM

Kjos, you might want to try to cut and paste the text of the walkthrough to notepad or word, then print.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/16/12 11:08 PM

macmac, I will try that. thanks. It worked thanks again
Richard
Posted By: linda333

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/20/12 10:52 PM

I am unsure of what I am to do with the map found in the drawer. Do I actually somehow use my mouse to find the street etc. I need to find...ie..f.... l.... not clear on what to do here. Or do I just refer to the map not actually use it in the game? Thanks...

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/21/12 04:31 AM

You need to use the map to find a location (street) using directions found in 2 places of the game however the map is not interactive. What I did to make it easy was to "Print Screen" both the upper and lower map sections, print them out and tape them together. they fit together perfectly and then with a pencil you can trace the directions.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/22/12 04:34 AM

Thank you!

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/24/12 01:32 AM

I am using the walkthrough and supposedly cell 7 should be open now. But when I go there it is still locked....the walkthrough says after reading the bolg of HOTELMAN go to the cell area. Cell 7 is now open, but it is still locked in my game...I need a hint. Thanks...
Posted By: Chief

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/24/12 02:25 AM

Linda, I'm there right now at cell 7.

I do not know if this can help: did you read all sections of the blog?

Chief wave

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/24/12 06:37 PM

Hi, say I'm sure I read the whole blog...tried to follow the walkthrough. But cell #7 still not open...

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/24/12 07:35 PM

Linda, read a few preceding pages of this present topic.

Chief

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/25/12 06:14 PM

I have gone over all the places I have been so far. No matter what I redo the #7 cell is not open. Could someone send me a save game at this point please?

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/25/12 06:48 PM

Linda, see your e-mail.

Chief wave

EDIT: I sent you 3 e-mails.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/25/12 06:56 PM

Thank you!

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 02/25/12 08:43 PM

Thanks, Chief. smile

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 03/06/12 04:09 AM

I am now in an area just after I went through a duct system...fell to a concrete floor and found my way out. I am in a room with a cell, chairs, board with Order of the Red Butterfly notes on it. Picked up the paper on the chair and read that. The walkthrough says now turn around, turn right, turn left and face the locked door. It will now open for you. But the door doesn't open...I presume it means the actual door not the cell door. Can anyone tell me why the door won't open for me at this point. Thank you for any help....

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 03/06/12 04:44 PM

Linda, I do not remember if it's after opening the door or before that you get a very weird looking screen and that you can only follow one path.

Are you getting this weird screen before opening the door?

If you do not get that and can't open the door, I do not know why.

Chief wave

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 03/06/12 07:57 PM

I don't remember getting a weird screen, no....
would it be possible to get a saved game just after this point? Thanks....I will go back to the game and move around a bit more for now. Went back and loaded a saved game just before enterting the duct...this time it worked...the door opened!

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 03/06/12 08:42 PM

I have the card for Sasha's bedroom. When I try to use it I am asked for her code. Can anyone tell me where I find her code again? Thanks...

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 03/06/12 08:50 PM

Linda, you can find it of course in the previous pages of the WT or use this code:
Click to reveal..

Chief wave

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 03/06/12 10:52 PM

thumbsup Chief.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 03/07/12 12:43 AM

Thanks once again. Of course I could have remembered to write the codes down as I came across them!

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 03/07/12 01:28 AM

I should have done that myself.

You will need other already seen codes as the game goes on.

Good luck.

Chief wave

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 03/07/12 01:50 AM

I need a hint here. I have entered the restrooms. Saw writing on wall, no way out! I picked up the key card to the furnace room. It belongs to Kegan. Entered furnace room, found scrap of paper. It is part of a burnt receipt for Kegan. Something called SD6-159, delivered on Nov. 7/09....now I am at the computer in the Processing Room. I am supposed to do a search for SD6-159. I can't get any response to my search on the computer...I have put in under name:Kegan Rafter, under number the SD6-159 but when I try to search nothing happens...
am I entering something incorrectly here? Thanks for any help...

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 03/07/12 03:22 AM

Linda, poor memory here. But, can you click something else on the computer that can bring up another screen to enter SD6... Maybe at bottom left or right.

Chief wave

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 03/08/12 01:37 AM

Entered the information again and found it! Helps when you put it in the right place.
Posted By: Eddy

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting Furnace Room - 03/09/12 12:44 AM

I am having trouble getting into the furnace room. I do have the card but not the code.

Can you help?

Thanks,
Eddy

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 03/09/12 12:54 AM

Eddy, look at the card in Inventory to see it belongs to Kegan.

Do you remember his code?

Click to reveal..

Good luck.

Chief wave
Posted By: Eddy

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 03/09/12 12:57 AM

Thanks, Chief!!

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 03/09/12 01:03 AM

I am in Dr. Newman's office. I now am attempting to do the book puzzle. I am following the walkthrough but I just can't seem to get it right. Also Colum 2, Row 1, Book 3 (this is the 2nd last book you push in) does not seem to work correctly. When I push the book it seems to come out, rather than go in...if possible could I please get a saved game just after this point in the game....thanks...

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 03/09/12 01:19 AM

Hello Linda. I had to do that puzzle a few times before getting it right: mixing up column and row and wrong books.

But, I do not have saves anymore.

I hope someone can send you one.

Good luck.

Chief wave

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 03/09/12 01:23 AM

Hi Chief, I have done it now over and over several times. Even got my husband to give it a try, but no go! I am trying to follow the walkthrough but I must be missing something in my translatiion of how to do this puzzle....so any Gameboomers out there who might have a saved game just after this point could you please send me one! Thanks. Would also like to add this note:I have copied the diagram down written on the cell wall, but it just does not
make sense to me. I can't see how to decipher what books and what order to push the books in from this diagram. After much mumbling etc. I finally got the books in the right sequence. The walkthrough is what I needed to follow (I thought I had done this)but in my game column 2, row 1, book 3 was already pushed in so before I began the sequence I pushed it back and then started as per the walkthrough. I have no idea why this solved my issues with this puzzle but it worked!

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 03/09/12 03:03 AM

Great. yay Have fun with the rest of the game.

Chief wave

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 03/09/12 09:43 PM

Well I actually managed to finish the game. I only died once running from the demon. Managed to get to the furnace room rather quickly. I would like to thank everyone who answered my many questions here on the game forums. Good luck to everyone still playing the game!

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 03/09/12 11:07 PM

Great that you finished the game. rah

Chief wave
Posted By: sanford

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 03/18/12 06:40 PM

Hi, Fellow Boomers,
I'm using SASHA'S keycard on his bedroom door card reader. The code SHOULD be 3103, but when I enter that code and then press "ENT" it does not accept that code number. Am I missing something? I would appreciate some help here. Thanks in advance
Sandy

P.S. I'm really enjoying this game

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 03/18/12 06:44 PM

The code for Sasha's bedroom is not 3103

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 03/18/12 06:57 PM

Hi Dreyfuss. Thanks for the quick response.I looked back at previous postings and got the correct code. What confused me is that I have a note in my inventory which states that 3103 is the correct code for Sasha as well as for 3 other rooms. Now that I found the correct code, can you tell me where that correct code came from? I have looked back in the WT, but I did not find anything else but 3103. Thanks
very much.
Sandy

OK,I looked back carefully, and I DID finally find the source of Sasha's code. End of (my) confusion. Sometimes you "look, but do not see". LOL

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 03/18/12 06:59 PM

The 3103 code is for all the team members and allows them all entrance to certain areas. Think about it, If you lived in a facility like this wouldn't you set your own password/code for your bedroom? Something that you can easily remember like a date so nobody else can enter your private room?

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 03/18/12 07:12 PM

As far as where the clue to Sasha's personal code is...
Click to reveal..
it was talked about in a recorded conversation between Remelia and Sasha.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 03/18/12 07:16 PM

Thanks, Greyfuss. You are SO right
Sandy

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 03/18/12 10:50 PM

Thanks, GreyFuss.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 03/18/12 10:58 PM

Actually 3103 is just Kegan's code. Every member has their own individual code. They have different cards for each room as a security measure. If one card opened every room, then it would be quite easy to escape. Kegan just happened to write his code on that note. smile

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 03/18/12 11:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Dan Peach
Actually 3103 is just Kegan's code. Every member has their own individual code. They have different cards for each room as a security measure. If one card opened every room, then it would be quite easy to escape. Kegan just happened to write his code on that note. smile

I stand corrected....Geesh...you would have thought that Dan Peach made this game or something snicker
Posted By: HooKedOn7

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 03/28/12 03:42 PM

Check the notice board again, if you haven't yet listened to any archived material. smile
I cant seem to access the archive file. I set all the right inputs and push play and nothing happens. Cant get into room 7 without this?? help

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 03/28/12 05:58 PM

Just a thought: are you looking at the second computer in this room?

Good luck.

Chief wave

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 03/28/12 06:08 PM

Originally Posted By: HooKedOn7
I cant seem to access the archive file. I set all the right inputs and push play and nothing happens. Cant get into room 7 without this?? help

Its quite possible you aren't entering the information correctly. In a spoiler tag what exactly are you entering?

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 03/28/12 08:06 PM

Click to reveal..
11-23-09 8:00 briefing room

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 03/28/12 09:18 PM

I see where you may have made a mistake
Click to reveal..
This underground group is almost run like a military unit. In the military times are written differently so there is no confusion about am or pm when a mission is given. In this case write if you want to write 8:00AM it would be 08:00 and 8:00PM would be 20:00. Remember this as you will need it. In case you forget the computer you are entering this time in tells you how to enter it (Time hh:mm)

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 03/29/12 12:28 AM

thanks

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 03/29/12 12:36 AM

Did that work?
Posted By: Rohit

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 03/30/12 11:02 AM

I have just got Dr.Newman's journal from the safe. As per WT I am to head to the door at other end of corridor and wait for a strange looking linear sequence. the door should unlock on its own. However, the door dows not open; I have been to all the other doors in the area and there is no way out1

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 03/30/12 08:39 PM

I'm trying to remember if I did not go through one of the doors at the ends of the corridor to then see the strange linear sequence????

Chief wave
Posted By: flotsam

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 03/31/12 09:40 PM

You have to read the journal from the safe - it certainly won't trigger if you don't.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 05/12/12 01:46 AM

I've been all over trying to find
donald's office. Could somebody point me in the right direction. I am really lost. thanks
richard

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 05/12/12 02:41 AM

Richard, I hope this can help. Read until the last paragraph:

Go to the Office Area Corridor, unlock the Main Office and go through the door. Look closer at the desk in front of you and take the keycard and adhesive pads. Examine the keycard. It's for Zack's Bedroom.

Proceed to the second desk on which there's a computer. Look closer at the computer. Click on the monitor and read the emails. They're from Kegan to Donald (who appears to be the group's leader) and Donald to Kegan. They'll make more sense if you read ones in Sent Items first.

You'll discover that Kegan has called Donald and revealed that Sasha has done something really bad involving an outside party, and that drastic action must be taken because of it.

Leave the computer and see that there are two locked doors in this area: one to Donald's Office and one to "unknown."

I do not remember and you probably have the map: is it not on the map?

Good luck.

Chief wave

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 05/12/12 10:41 AM

Thanks Chief. I did what you said and found Donalds office.
Richard

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 05/12/12 12:26 PM

Thanks, Chief. smile

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 05/13/12 01:26 AM

Trying to push the books in at newmans office. I don't understant what the column and row mean.
column is up and down. Need help.
Richard

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 05/13/12 02:24 AM

Richard, you have 9 sections: 3 columns of 3 rows.

The columns are from left to right and the rows from top to bottom.

The first book is in column 2, row 2, book 12: that will be the center column, 2 rows down and the 12th book in that row from the left.

I hope this helps a bit.

Chief wave
Posted By: Sindel

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 05/29/12 05:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Rohit
I have just got Dr.Newman's journal from the safe. As per WT I am to head to the door at other end of corridor and wait for a strange looking linear sequence. the door should unlock on its own. However, the door dows not open; I have been to all the other doors in the area and there is no way out1

I have a same problem and cant find solution. I read it Newmans journal but cant trigger linear sequence.

I tried to load game again and again but no luck

Please help!!!

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 05/29/12 07:52 PM

welcome Sindel,

I see that you have read from Chief's and flotsam's responses at top of the page - above.
I would recommend you go back to a saved game and work from there again - see if that loosen the stumper. luck
Posted By: Sindel

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 05/30/12 12:05 PM

Originally Posted By: MaG

I would recommend you go back to a saved game and work from there again - see if that loosen the stumper. luck

Done that several times and still no luck....

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 05/30/12 02:10 PM

Sindel, welcome to GB.

I just sent a personnel message to Dan Peach from Corrosion to see if he can help you with this problem.

Hopefully he will answer soon.

Chief wave

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 05/30/12 03:33 PM

Hello boomies. Never fear, Dan from Corrosion is here to rescue you. smile

In order to trigger the sequence, you must do three things. You must read Dr. Newman's journal all the way to the end, you must reas Elizabeth Harding's journal all the way to the end, AND finally you must pick up the small metal key from the table. The key is next to Elizabeth Harding's journal.

Once you've done those three things, the sequence will trigger and much fear will ensue. smile

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 05/30/12 03:35 PM

Thanks Dan, and Chief. wave

Good luck, Sindel. Let us know how you get on.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 05/30/12 05:53 PM

Thank you Dan. thumbsup

waveRushes.

Chief wave
Posted By: girly

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 06/10/12 04:23 PM

I am in control room and entered date time and camera details in computer but cannot hear any audio. Does this matter to proceed in game as I went to processing room to read Hotel Man's blog and then to cell l7 which isn't open.

Am I missing something.

Thanks

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 06/10/12 06:14 PM

Let's wait for someone that played the game to help you.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 06/10/12 07:02 PM

girly, is this where you are:

"Pull back and return to the Control Room. Using the second computer, enter the date (11-23-09), Time (08:00) and Camera (Briefing Room) in the appropriate fields. Press the play button."

and did you enter the proper information?

I sent a PM to Dan Peach from Corrosion and a member here at GB.

He should be around soon as he did the last time giving help.

Chief wave

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 06/10/12 08:51 PM

Chief has the right info. smile

Make sure you enter the information exactly as described - clues for how to enter it are given on the "archive screen":

mm-dd-yy
hh:mm
...and then the location as given by the computer with the floorplan. smile

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 06/10/12 10:04 PM

Thanks Dan. thumbsup

Chief wave

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 06/10/12 10:32 PM

Thanks, Dan and Chief!

luck girly.
Posted By: girly

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 06/11/12 07:19 AM

Yes I am in control room and have entered details as per walkthrough and press play but nothing happens and I can't hear audio. Do I need to hear this to continue as I have read the blog and been to cell block but cell 7 is locked.

I have restarted a save but no different and am stuck.

Thanks for trying to help

PS: I have sorted the prob. I put the time in as 08.00 instead of 08:00.

Can move on now. Thanks again

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 06/11/12 11:46 AM

Glad you're moving forward now. smile
Posted By: ardammo

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 06/11/12 02:09 PM

hi guys can someone help me to open the safe at Dr. Newman's office? I turned the dial on the lock left to 72, right to 96, then left to 23 but nothing happened

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 06/11/12 02:32 PM

Did you click the actual safe door handle after turning the dial? smile

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 06/11/12 03:31 PM

yes I did that smile should I have to reset the safe after turning the dial?

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 06/11/12 03:35 PM

No, if you reset the safe, then it resets the safe so you can try again. smile

Try resetting it and trying again. There's no reason for it not to work providing you do the dial turns correctly. smile

Click the left arrow until the dot is at 72, then click the right arrow until the dot is at 96, then click the left arrow until the dot is at 23, then click the handle. smile

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 06/11/12 03:41 PM

I got it ! before reading that I tried to turned the dial left 72 times, then to the right 96 times ... it took my hours, thank you Dan smile

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 06/11/12 03:54 PM

Always happy to help. smile

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 06/11/12 04:43 PM

Thanks, Dan!
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 09/03/12 02:02 AM

Hi.
I just finished the game but have a question about the ending which I found to be rather abrupt. The W/T says "You are rescued, and the game ends".
When I clicked on "climb ladder" my screen went black and then it said "the end". I assume I escaped but I wasn't actually rescued or even outside.
Just wondering if I missed some video ending or something. Can somebody tell me please?
Thanks.
Jackie

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 09/03/12 05:16 AM

Let's wait for a gamer that finished the game to help you.
Posted By: smulan

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 09/03/12 11:44 AM

You haven't missed anything as far as I know. The game ends that way, you escape.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 09/03/12 03:55 PM

Thanks smulan and MaG!

I would have liked to been able to stand outside for just a moment before "the end".

Glad I didn't miss anything.
Posted By: EvelynGarnet

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 09/12/12 03:54 AM

I am ashamed to confess I'm stuck in the kitchen storeroom where I need to reach a keycard. I have shamelessly cheated--or tried to, that is--but the walkthroughs are not helping me. I have three 1" metal rods, I have plastic tubing (drip)...but I cannot seem to combine them? Have I forgotten how to combine objects? Do I have the wrong rods and tube and missed some inventory along the way? Please help, or my boyfriend will never stop laughing at me for this. smirk

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 09/12/12 04:15 AM

welcome Evelyn,

I have not played this game and I can't find a manual.

Let's wait for someone that can help or you can check the video walkthrough - click here.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 09/12/12 08:55 PM

Many thanks. The YouTube Let's Play quits just before the spot I need, of course, so I will be checking here often just in case a generous soul comes to bail me out.

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 09/12/12 09:03 PM

Hello smile

You need the plastic tubing from the "Processing Storeroom", which is also 1 inch wide, allowing the metal bars to fit snugly inside. smile

The plastic tubing is on the shelves in the Processing Storeroom - use the knife to cut it.

Then simply click the metal bars to select them, move them over the new piece of green plastic tubing, and click again to get a "plastic tubing rod".

Hope that helps. smile

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 09/12/12 09:19 PM

Dan Peach, you wonderful wonderful man! I was thinking only of the tubing I already had--not about going back to cut off another length of the green hose. Thank you!

Re: Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting - 09/12/12 09:27 PM

Thanks, Dan!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community