GB HOMEPAGE

Dark Secrets

Posted By: kjos

Dark Secrets - 02/11/12 01:50 PM

Trying to get the metal gate open. What do I need to lock the crank open. Looked all over and can't find anything to use. Thanks
Richard
Posted By: MaG

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/11/12 02:59 PM

Let's wait for a gamer playing the game to help us here.
Posted By: Tom Barsuk

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/11/12 11:34 PM

I can't find anything that tells me what control to use to see the map? Can anyone help. All I have seen so far is the directions keys to use and the magnifying glass?

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/12/12 12:51 AM

Tom press the I for inventory.
Richard

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/12/12 01:32 AM

thanks..also am in antique shop backyard have nail and hammer but cannot get house key from truck? Anyone there yet that can help?
Posted By: Wincey

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/12/12 10:06 AM

Tom - you need another object, a piece of string which you can find by looking around the back door of the house.

I'm stuck later in the game when I get the music box. The lockpicks don't seem to be able to unlock it when I get all the pins in the right position (up). I've been to the museum and there doesn't seem to be anything else to do besides getting the box open.

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/12/12 04:02 PM

Wincey, how do you get the metal gate to stay open. I figured it out used my flashlite. Thanks
Richard

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/12/12 08:13 PM

Thanks Wincey. Is anyone aware if a walkthrough is going to be done...

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/12/12 09:19 PM

Tom,

I have not heard of one yet.
Posted By: linda333

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/12/12 10:38 PM

I just downloaded the demo and need a bit of direction already. I am by a truck and have wandered all over the area without accomplishing a thing...or so it seems. Can anyone give me some direction as to how I begin this game please. I have looked at rune stones etc. and heard comments but don't seem to be doing anying to move ahead. Thank you for any input....

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/12/12 10:58 PM

Linda - you need to follow the road in the direction the truck's lights are pointed. Keep going and eventually you will find something (you will know when that is).

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/12/12 11:15 PM

Thank you but still lost. I found the 3 rune stones and read them but have no idea where to go next. I seem to be just wandering around in circles...help please!

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/12/12 11:43 PM

You're welcome.

I need some help myself. I can't figure out the code for the safe. I know it must have something to do with the three paintings but what? I've tried entering the years of the paintings, the sum of the years, nothing works.

Am I on the wrong track? I just need a tiny hint.

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/13/12 03:22 PM

I am in antique shop and have no idea what to do next. Where do I go now. thanks
Richard

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/13/12 10:53 PM

kjos - have you been to the cemetary yet?

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/13/12 11:03 PM

Wincey.Not yet. I'm on my way now. Thanks
Richard

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/14/12 06:47 PM

I don't know why but I can't seem to get anywhere in this game. I have followed the trucks lights and heard about the jaws of something or other, found 3 rune stones and read those but am still wandering around in circles. Can anyone give me some direction? How do I progress from here? Thanks again for any help. p.s....reading posts here about this game
people are finding areas I can't seem to access...gates, houses, a cemetary etc...can anyone tell me what I am missing? Thanks once again.

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/14/12 11:20 PM

Linda- don't wander, just go straight along the path. You should find a tombstone. Examine it. You will fall down into a hole and when you wake up you'll be in a new area.

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/15/12 12:38 AM

Thanks, so far I have managed to just keep wandering...hopefully now I will fall down the hole....ha ha....

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/15/12 03:21 AM

Let us know how you went! I'm stuck later on in the game so maybe you can help me too when you get there smile
Posted By: rockingrjranch

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/15/12 11:03 PM

I'm stumped. I have in inventory a music box and the lock picking tools but cannot combine them to use them together. I know I should be able to open the box using the tools but when I pick the box and try and use the tools nothing happens. Any ideas what I am doing wrong. I tried to place the box somewhere to work on it with the lock picks but it won't let me even do that. crazy I have gone into inventory and then clicked to EXAMINE the box and then clicked USE for the lock picks. Still no luck!

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/16/12 01:16 AM

Originally Posted By: rockingrjranch
I'm stumped. I have in inventory a music box and the lock picking tools but cannot combine them to use them together. I know I should be able to open the box using the tools but when I pick the box and try and use the tools nothing happens. Any ideas what I am doing wrong. I tried to place the box somewhere to work on it with the lock picks but it won't let me even do that. crazy I have gone into inventory and then clicked to EXAMINE the box and then clicked USE for the lock picks. Still no luck!

I had the same problem, I think if you picked up the lockpicks early you have to get to the point when Arthur tells you he wants to open the box. It's stupid, I know. Have you gone to bed yet?

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/16/12 01:54 AM

Yes, I did go to bed and had the dream. I'll keep trying. Thanks for the help.

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/16/12 03:12 AM

Hi again, I could really use some help with this game. I have just arrived in Calmwood. Spoken to the man outside my late fathers antique shop...now I am just wanering around. I have read the eviction notice in my inventory. Also know I should be going to my fathers house but I can't find it. The antique shop is locked. Seems like no way in. How do you find your way in this game...for me there just doesn't seem to be anything obvious to do next. I just wander about and don't get to the correct place. Thank you for any help...ps. tried knocking on doors but game says I don't know those people or I don't want to go around knocking on random doors. etc...

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/16/12 06:06 AM

Linda - try the wooden back gate to the antique shop
Posted By: ciccio78

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/16/12 10:47 AM

Hi, i m stuck. I cant find runes, metal gate, hole you re talking about.
I dunno how to reach the safe cause I dunno how to get William away.
I have the opened music box and the 3 statues, I ve already tried every combinations but nothing happens.
I m hating this slow and illogical game.
Please help me!
Tx

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/16/12 11:11 AM

It is illogical and slow, I agree. Don't bother with the box until you've got the 4th statue.

As for getting William away from the door, examine the paintings closely, one of them is different from the others and you must find a way to sabotage it.

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/16/12 12:42 PM

Thanks Wincey, I found the painting, but he says i cant do nothing because William is in the other room.
And what about the hole near the tombstone? I didn't find it.

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/16/12 01:00 PM

Ask William to go down to the basement to check for information on the music box, then use the hammer on the nail above the painting while he's gone.

What hole? Do you mean the one at the beginning of the game? You should have passed that already if you are in the museum.

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/16/12 01:12 PM

Tx for Williams.
I ve not passed any hole. confused

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/16/12 01:15 PM

Remember the prologue? You fell through a hole into the ground, picked up the flashlight and went through the door with the crank.

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/16/12 01:33 PM

I jumped the prologue. However I m in the basement and I suppose the safe is behind the witch painting, but how to reach it?

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/16/12 01:37 PM

Originally Posted By: ciccio78
I jumped the prologue. However I m in the basement and I suppose the safe is behind the witch painting, but how to reach it?

You'll find something in the bathroom to help you with that.

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/16/12 02:17 PM

SOLVED

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/16/12 10:35 PM

Could use a hint or two...I have managed to open the door to the house. Snooped around. Also talked to a guy (forget his name) about dad's funeral and my sister, Anna...Checked out the house found box on table, can't take it, saw rose from Anna, picked it up, moved upstairs checked out dads room, Anna's room and painting on the wall we did as kids etc. Looked at phone book downstairs but can't call anyone yet...went to my bedroom looked at bed but nothing else happened...so please what do I do now? Thanks...wish there was a walkthrough for this game...it really is not easy to figure the logic of what to do next.

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/16/12 11:31 PM

Originally Posted By: linda333
Could use a hint or two...I have managed to open the door to the house. Snooped around. Also talked to a guy (forget his name) about dad's funeral and my sister, Anna...Checked out the house found box on table, can't take it, saw rose from Anna, picked it up, moved upstairs checked out dads room, Anna's room and painting on the wall we did as kids etc. Looked at phone book downstairs but can't call anyone yet...went to my bedroom looked at bed but nothing else happened...so please what do I do now? Thanks...wish there was a walkthrough for this game...it really is not easy to figure the logic of what to do next.

Well, you know you need to go to your father's funeral. Any ideas where that would be held?

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/17/12 12:51 AM

Wincey,

Thank you for all the help you have given. The gamers and I appreciate it. thanks
Posted By: HooKedOn7

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/17/12 01:23 AM

Originally Posted By: Wincey
You're welcome.

I need some help myself. I can't figure out the code for the safe. I know it must have something to do with the three paintings but what? I've tried entering the years of the paintings, the sum of the years, nothing works.

also here... any hints on the code?

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/17/12 01:38 AM

Originally Posted By: HooKedOn7
Originally Posted By: Wincey
You're welcome.

also here... any hints on the code?

You'll need more than a hint (I did) because I think it's a fairly stupid puzzle. Look at the three paintings, the years they were painted. The 3 last two numbers of the years should be entered in the order of the story, given by the folklore book in your inventory.

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/17/12 01:45 AM

Thx very much, back to the game

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/17/12 02:29 AM

O.K. here I am again...managed to get to the cemetary, found a spear there. Went down a hilly area and found a locked crypt...can't be opened...looked around etc. Went home and then to bed...had a silly dream..had to defeat minions etc...did that...(did not enjoy that part) and then discoverd Anna in the kitchen area. Talked to her then decided to look around again and accidently when in my bedroom clicked on bed. Back to the dream sequence and need to defeat again. But this time I couldn't seem to defeat anyone. Tried to get out of the game or use inventory but nothing worked. So stuck in that part forever, finally got fed up and closed out the game. Went back and started over, went to cemetary again etc. Now saved game and am back at the house...so did anyone else click on the bed and get stuck? Please give me some idea of what to do next. I don't want to get stuck again in an area that won't allow me to come out of that screen. This up to this point is not going to be one of my top ten games...thanks for any help.

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/17/12 02:40 AM

Linda, I think the game has a bug, you're not meant to go to bed twice so don't do it.

Have you completed the museum section? If so, have you checked the phone book for Charlie Nilsson's address?

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/17/12 02:40 AM

think at this point you need to visit the museum

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/17/12 02:43 AM

O.K.thanks...museum was closed. When I clicked on the phone he says, there is no one I want to call...but will have to go back and try again. Thanks.

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/17/12 04:02 AM

ok been to charleys and got 4th statue, went to graveyard to see charley, but stuck again getting the music box to work.

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/17/12 05:31 AM

THere are only a few combinations you can have, considering the witch has to be at the back and the boy with his leg raised must be stepping over the log.

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/17/12 07:16 PM

I'm still stuck with the music box and my lock picks and never get the opportunity to be able to use them. I have visited the museum. Do I have to accomplish anything else before I can put the box down and open it?

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/17/12 09:21 PM

I am stuck once again. I have gone to dads funeral..gone to bed and had dream. Looked around house...checked message machine, no messages. Looked at phone book, it only gives me 2 people to look up...Anna (no listing) and Kent..can't access anyone else..tried going to museum still closed. Tried to use lockpick on strange box in house. Won't let me do that here. I need some help on where to go next...thanks..

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/17/12 10:10 PM

Hm.. can't remember what to do there. Did you meet anna in the kitchen yet?

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/17/12 10:51 PM

No, Anna has not shown up yet. I went back to an earlier saved game. Went over a couple of things again and Anna did show up in the kitchen. So where do I go from here? I could really use some help. Thanks...

Re: Dark Secrets-really confused now - 02/18/12 12:45 AM

I have finally managed to get into the basement at the museum. I have read the topics here and found one referring to opening the safe. However I just can't seem to get it right. There are only 3 number on the safe, 1,5, and 10. I just don't see how to enter them in any correct order....a big hint needed here. I tried following the explanation given in a post but it just doesn't make sense to me. Thanks for any help once again!

Re: Dark Secrets-really confused now - 02/18/12 03:38 AM

You've got three years on the paintings, right? Use the last two numbers of the years - so if it's 1945 the number will be 45 (10x4 + 1x5). The order of the three numbers will be the order they occur in the folklore story.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Dark Secrets-really confused now - 02/18/12 04:23 AM

Thanks Wincey.

Ana wave

Re: Dark Secrets-really confused now - 02/18/12 01:47 PM

I can t figure what was guarded by a fool.
Can you help me?

Re: Dark Secrets-really confused now - 02/19/12 06:11 PM

I'm at the museum how do I get william to leave so I can get in the basement. Thanks
Richard

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/19/12 06:41 PM

Sorry for asking again, but the safe puzzle. In the book I have in my inventory about the Calmwood Witch I don't see any dates...so how do I do the safe puzzle...still eludes me...so sorry but I just don't get it...if possible could some one give me the answer (hidden)from other gameboomers if possible. I asked my hubby to help and he couldn't get it either. I don't want to give up on the game now that I have gone this far. Thank you again.

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/19/12 08:05 PM

@kjos send William to the basement then use the hammer on the nail of the painting near the office door.

@linda take the last 2 numbers of the years on the paintings (if I remember they should be 60 12 45).
The order: you have to follow the story in the Calmwood witch book.
1-the witch follows and rapes men.
2-the witch has children and they flee.
3-the sacred land discovered by the children.
I think I remember quite well, however if you the exact order is
Click to reveal..
12 60 45

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/19/12 08:19 PM

Trying to william to leave but he won't go.
Richard

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/19/12 08:29 PM

Show William the music box and ask him to find if it's a Ramsey's artefact
Posted By: GrandmaG

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/19/12 08:52 PM

I have found the 4th statue in Charlie's room and read his diary, found him in the cemetery and talked to him about Ramsey and Arthur said he had proof that Charlie knows Ramsey, what is the proof? I have shown him everything I can think of, no luck! Although when I played the music box he didn't like that, but that's all I got from him! Also what is the spear used with? This is a very frustrating game!!

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/19/12 09:06 PM

Thank you so much. Got the safe open. Now I can't get out of the museum because Willaim won't let me go past him. I have used all the answers and shown him the newspaper clipping about the artist that dies. Also the artbook about the artist Ramsey's works. There are no other choices and I still can't get past him...
Thank you for all the help...hopefully this will be the end of my questions!

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/19/12 09:55 PM

Linda examine more carefully the artwork guide.

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/19/12 11:32 PM

Stuck in the basement can't find the safe.
Richard

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/19/12 11:51 PM

I have examined the newspaper clipping and the artbook. Read it from cover to cover...examined back and saw it belonged to his dad...took me a long time to use the
book from my inventory to show William it belonged to my dad. For some reason I just couldn't get it right. Well, finally moving on. Thanks for all the help so far.
Posted By: kyrandia

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/20/12 06:58 AM

I have same the problem, as linda

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/20/12 03:14 PM

Linda and welcome kyrandia.

Let's wait for someone playing the game to help you here.

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/20/12 09:49 PM

kjos the safe ..look at the painting use face powder

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/20/12 10:32 PM

thanks kyrandia I just found it now have to get open.
Richard

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/20/12 11:19 PM

I now need to find Charlie N...I found his house (no phone) talked to his mom...she said he was playing in the back yard with his friends...but on one is in the yard. Went to the police station, closed, museum only William there and tried cemetary, also no one there...so I need a hint as what to do next. If Charlie isn't home then how do you know
where to look for him? Frustrated again:( Found a small house in back yard. Used lockpicks to get in...looked around and found nothing expect ceiling latch...can't get it open..ahh, found string and got it open. Found staute and diary. Took statue and read the diary. Went to cemetary to talk to Charlie but getting no where...how do I get him to co-operate? All topics used but still no go!

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/20/12 11:22 PM

hope that you come along william and can tell me how

greetz from holland wink

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/21/12 12:24 AM

I have examined the newspaper clipping and the artbook.examined artbook back ... william do not let me go
I need a hint as what to do next

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/21/12 12:35 AM

Hi, I had the same problem..I just kept trying to show William the back of the artbook as it shows the owners name...it took me quite some time to get it to work. I can't really say exactly how I did it. Just trial and error. Good luck!

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/21/12 01:28 AM

thanks Linda ...it has succeeded wave

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/21/12 03:10 AM

Good for you Kyrandia, I know it took me a while to get it to work as well.

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/21/12 03:17 AM

I need to get Charlie to co-operative with me. I have shown him everything in my inventory, figure of witch and children. The art book about local artist. The music box, but he says he has never seen it before. The games says, maybe I need to get his attention. But what??? So I tried putting the figures in the music box...witch at back, child with lifted leg going over log, and interchanged the other two but nothing happens. I tried turning the key and again nothing happnes. I show the box to Charlie but he just keeps saying he has never seen it...can anyone tell me what I am doing incorrectly with the music box...thanks.

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/21/12 02:36 PM

witch at back <-- child c <--- child b (log) child a---> turn de key ..charlie dont like the musik
Posted By: Ines

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/21/12 02:50 PM

What is or where can I find the code for the gate at the police station?

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/21/12 09:09 PM

I have tried the sequence given to me with the figures in the music box...witch, child c, child b, child a, turned the key then closed out. Talked to Charlie and chose show item, so used music box. He says he has never seen it. So I exchanged child b and c then tried again. Still no...is there some special way to put the figures in the music box. Also do you turn the key once all figures are in and then close out and approach Charlie...frustrated again with this game. Help please! Thank you.

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/21/12 09:32 PM

from the left side witch, child c ,child a ,child b then turn key ..sound ..use musik box to charlie.
and u need to show charlie the calmwood artbook and the newspaper clipping and everytime he tells u something you should ask him to explain more. With everything he said, I always argued with him about it .show also the musik box and charlie telling you everyting.

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/21/12 11:30 PM

Hi and thank you for the help... I finally got Charlie to admit some things. Now where to go not sure but will snoop around town!

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/22/12 12:03 AM

museum william outside .sold your musik boxs to william.and go to the antiqueshop..you see Muller inside .

sorry for my English language. I come of the Netherlands

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/22/12 03:52 AM

Thanks for the hints! I understand you perfectly! Now I have sold the music box to William, gone back to antique shop. Muller punches me and I wake him I think back in house of my childhood. Looked around and found nothing but a clock that has a key inside...when I approach the clock I am asked do I want to move the minute hand or the hour hand...I checked out the TV and saw the #40 on the screen. Also I think it was the #20 on the lid of the toliet seat...however I have no idea what to do with the clock. Also I can't go out the front door...so I need a hint on how to go on from this point. Thanks again!

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/22/12 08:41 AM

min 20 hours 8

-----------

sorry min is 40

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/22/12 06:44 PM

Hi again, set the clock at min. 40 hr. 8 and nothing happened???

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/22/12 06:50 PM

Set the clock at 8:40 and... take the key.

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/22/12 06:51 PM

Thanks, I set the clock but didn't realize I had the key in my inventory....ooops!Now I hav left the house. Gone to police station and talked to Kent. Can't get dad's things for a couple of days. I can't get any informtion from him re:my sister etc...gone to Charlies, no one there. Gone to cemetary to snoop around, no one there. Did read mysterious note under door. Used spear to get into crypt...see symbols on side that can be turned. I have checked out the last page of the Artbook and looked at the symbols...I have tried crown facing up,
bar with 3 lines below it facing bar up with lines below...the other 2 symbols I have placed one facing left the other facing right but I still can't get the lid open...any hint on the symbol placements would be a big help!

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/22/12 08:01 PM

I'am not sure in what order but you should:
- put the money into the yellow mailbox just outside the market;
- report stolen body from Ramsey's crypt to Kent (crown and "roots" should be facing down)
- get a phonecall from a stranger about your father's death
- use the note you found earlier on any desk lamp and read about Trollglade 2 (to get there you need your car and car keys are at the police station)
- use your picklocks on the police station's door...

and here I'm stuck as I don't know the code for the gate frown

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/22/12 08:12 PM

Thank you!

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/22/12 09:05 PM

The code for the police security has a clue in the front office. Read the bulletin board. It will tell you about Kent becoming the police chief....

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/22/12 09:08 PM

I am now at Trollywood 2...I have used the lockpick to get into the first building...the other buildings are locked or door is blocked. Can't use lockpick on these. I need a hint on how to get in...I have picked up nails and sycle...tried windows but that doesn't seem to work. Found grave for a man in lower yard but I don't think that really means anything...

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/22/12 09:19 PM

go by the open window

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/22/12 09:31 PM

I can't find an open window. Every window I click on just says, there doesn't seem to be anyone home...which window can I access? Thanks....

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/22/12 09:39 PM

look up
Posted By: BenB

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/22/12 10:48 PM

Okay, I finally got Charlie to talk!
He finished, said he had to go home (but he really didn't, of course)

So then I went to the museum to find William outside. I saved the game here.

Then I bypassed William, because I wanted to see what I could do inside while he was outside. But as soon as the museum interior loaded, William was in his normal spot indoors, and would not buy the music box from me (need further proof of its authenticity).

When I loaded the saved game with William outside, it came up with William standing at his normal position indoors again.

What additional evidence is needed to prove that the music box is genuine?

Well, finally decided this was another game bug: after getting Charlie to dish his story and exiting the "cementery", you must speak with William about the music box BEFORE entering any other area that would force a data load. Otherwise you're stuck...

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/23/12 02:01 AM

I am now at the gathering place of the Guardians and need to get to the main building to look around. I have gone all over the area and am not sure how to get to the building so I can go inside. There are guardians walking around but no one speaks to you. I got to the front of the building but the game won't allow me to try to go forward and enter it...can someone give me some directions as to where to go in this area. I'm not accomplishing anything at this time....thanks!

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/23/12 03:38 AM

Linda, find the outhouse, then locate the bridge nearby. If you explore to the left and cross another bridge, you'll eventually find the little river leads to a lake with a boat sitting at its shore. But the boat has no oars...they are nearby, though!
Posted By: Laurette

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/23/12 05:12 AM

Looked at this topic and appears very interesting. Where can I buy it? Thanks.

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/23/12 06:58 AM

http://www.indiedb.com/games/dark-secrets/downloads/dark-secrets-demo-v105
As Rushes points out a couple posts later, this is a Demo version... Windows only.

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/23/12 07:43 AM

I finally made it through this game. Nice graphics, however sometimes you don't have a clue what to do or where to go.
Great potential, unfortunately not fully developed.
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/23/12 09:22 AM

Laurette, the full game version is available for download at either Adventure Shop or GamersGate. I would recommend trying the demo first, though, as the movement in the game can be choppy on some PCs.

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/23/12 05:54 PM

After leaving the Guardians' compound, I'm back at David's place with Anna.
Can anyone please give me a hint about
Click to reveal..
where the item is that is "guarded by a fool"??
I've shown Anna about every item in my inventory, and can't find anything at the farm that applies...

Stuck until I find this item...thanks!

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/23/12 06:01 PM

I am now with Anna back at the area where the game began...I have a cog d in my inventory that was picked up here. I gave Anna the hammer so she could get the gate open. O.K. now looking all around after talking with her. I found a door that I can't get open with my lockpick. Key is on the other side of keyhole....so I assume I need to get it somehow. But as I wander around Art says, I need to get the gate open, there must be a way to do this close by...(or something like that). But Anna already opened the gate with the hammer I gave her from my inventory. I need a big push in the right direction here. I am stumped as to what to do or where to go from this point in the game....thank you for any help.

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/23/12 06:57 PM

This was a reply to Linda's original question above, deleted post after she deleted and changed the question.

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/23/12 11:08 PM

use map on door

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/23/12 11:11 PM

benb show a book to anna

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/23/12 11:19 PM

Thank you to everyone who helped me out with this game. I found myself stumped on more than one occassion. Finally finished it! Not sure how I feel about the game as a whole but glad I completed it. Good luck to everyone still playing!

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/23/12 11:19 PM

Thanks, Rushes. Went to install the game (even in a foreign language). Looked as if it was installed, but cannot see where.

I didn't know it was not an American game. Thanks. Got it to work. Now to see if it is "my kind" of game.

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/24/12 12:47 PM

Thanks, everyone, for all the help you are giving one another on this game. thumbsup

Great that you finished, Linda.

luck Laurette, hope you enjoy it.

Re: Dark Secrets - 02/24/12 05:03 PM

Thank you, kyrandia!
Posted By: tomco

Re: Dark Secrets--Download - 02/24/12 05:37 PM

Greetings--I'm interested in buying a download of Dark Secrets. However, I use Master Card which is no longer valid at the Adventure shop which I believe is a French location.

Regards--Tomco

Re: Dark Secrets--Download - 02/24/12 05:50 PM

Tomco,

I just read the support part at Adventure Shop.
It states these are the credit cards accepted: Credit cards (American Express, MasterCard, Visa, Visa Electron)
Posted By: tomco

Re: Dark Secrets--Download - 02/24/12 06:00 PM

Hi MaG--Tks for the quick reply. My bank notified me that Master card is not currently valid in France. However, I have been purchasing downloads from the Adventure Shop in the past with my Master card. Where can I get a download of this game without using the Adventure Shop? Maybe I should apply for a Visa card?

Tomco

Re: Dark Secrets--Download - 02/24/12 06:01 PM

Started the demo and it is very reminiscent of another series of games I've played and liked. Is there a review of this somewhere? Thanks again.

Re: Dark Secrets--Download - 02/24/12 06:15 PM

Tomco, GamersGate also has it.

Laurette, there should be a GB review in the next week or two. I haven't seen any of the other gaming sites carry a review yet.

Re: Dark Secrets--Download - 02/24/12 09:54 PM

Thanks, Rushes.
Posted By: neon

Re: Dark Secrets--Download - 02/27/12 05:53 PM

Can somebody help me with the lid in the crypt?

Re: Dark Secrets--Download - 02/28/12 12:53 AM

Let's wait for help, neon. I have not played the game.
Posted By: PolloDiablo

Re: Dark Secrets--Download - 03/01/12 08:08 PM

neon, you need to turn the four "dials". There doesn't seem to be a clue for this puzzle, that I am aware of anyway, but aren't that many possibilities so you can simply try them all. I think you need to turn them in such a way that all "points" of the roots, crown etc are pointing down but not 100% sure.

Re: Dark Secrets--Download - 03/01/12 10:29 PM

Thanks, PolloDiablo.
Posted By: neon

Re: Dark Secrets--Download - 03/06/12 10:30 AM

Thanks, PolloDiablo. I thought there was a hint somewhere, didn't want to do it in the trial-and-error-way instead, but it seems I have no other chance.

Re: Dark Secrets opening the strange box - 03/16/12 04:01 AM

I am having a problem trying to open the music box...I combine the lock pick with the locked box and even though have followed the instruction from the walkthrough by Chrissie it won't open. He has even said he needed to find a way to open it when I was at Museum with William...can someone help...the numbers I am told to hit on the lock with the pick in the walkthrough aren't helping. Hopefully someone will help me please.

Re: Dark Secrets opening the strange box - 03/16/12 04:22 AM

I finally got it..
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Dark Secrets opening the strange box - 03/16/12 07:48 AM

Hi Tom, I'm glad you got to open the box! I got your PM - did the sequence of numbers in the walkthrough work or did you have to try a different one?
I checked the lockpick puzzles several times to make sure the numbers worked & they weren't
random. It would be helpful to know if there's some variation for other players. smile

Re: Dark Secrets opening the strange box - 03/16/12 06:08 PM

Your numbers were fine ... my error...now I just can't seem to find an answer as to how to get William away so I can get to the nail with the forest painting. I have tried it so many times and made sure I had done everything I needed to do with your WT. It keeps saying "Can't do it while Williams in other room. I checked the forum and there is no other help for the same question except "use hammer on nail"..can you help

Re: Dark Secrets opening the strange box - 03/16/12 06:39 PM

Hi Tom, thanks for getting back about the numbers.

To get William to leave, click on him & make sure you scroll down the dialogue options by click & dragging down the little slider on the right of the dialogue box - there should be an option to 'Show Item' (its the last one) Click on that & present the box to him again. I can't remember the responses now but a couple of them should prompt him to go to the basement. When he does, go to the left gallery & use the hammer on the nail. Hope that helps - please let me know how you get on! smile

Just checked the responses: either "Please?" or "Are you really sure of that" should both work!

Re: Dark Secrets opening the strange box - 03/16/12 07:34 PM

Thanks, Chrissie.

luck Tom.

Re: Dark Secrets opening the strange box - 03/19/12 02:49 AM

Well tried it again exactly like you said and it keeps saying "can't do it while William in the room"...what am I doing wrong?? Am I too slow because I go straight to the painting..find the nail..click on inventory to "use" hammer and always same answer. I am stumped.

Re: Dark Secrets opening the strange box - 03/19/12 08:00 AM

Has William gone to the basement before you try using the hammer? If so, I'm stumped too, you should have plenty of time before William returns. smile

It is possible, if you're a slow player, that William has time to return to the right gallery before you can use the hammer. All I can suggest is to repeat showing him the box & keep trying! luck

Re: Dark Secrets opening the strange box - 03/19/12 06:10 PM

ok thanks

Re: Dark Secrets opening the strange box - 03/19/12 06:48 PM

If you still have problems & you're using Win 7 - I can try sending you a save but it's a long path for you to get to the save game folder!

Edit: Just tried it, if you take too long William will be back in the next gallery by the time you try to use the hammer. I've got a save here now if you need it! smile

Re: Dark Secrets opening the strange box - 03/20/12 05:38 PM

Got through it finally..I think it was more where I was putting the magnifying glass and that "really hard to see circle above it". I am almost through the game now and thanks for your help. I hope I don't hit any snags along the way.

Re: Dark Secrets opening the strange box - 03/20/12 08:45 PM

Glad that you're progressing now, Tom.

Thanks, Chrissie.
© 2022 GameBoomers Community