GB HOMEPAGE

Gabriel Knight 1

Posted By: Drizzt

Gabriel Knight 1 - 06/10/12 10:20 PM

So, I'm on day seven, and am supposed to go into the Gedde tomb according to every walkthrough I've seen. However, when trying to operate the plate, it just says that I need a key to insert into the keyhole. What is this key?
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Gabriel Knight 1 - 06/10/12 10:53 PM

Hi DRizzt, I moved you to Hints where they can help you.

Ana luck
Posted By: flotsam

Re: Gabriel Knight 1 - 06/11/12 12:32 AM

Sorry, the only key I recall picking up is in day 8 or 9.
Posted By: MaG

Re: Gabriel Knight 1 - 06/11/12 01:27 AM

Drizzt,

Check Philip's wt; it mentions the key on day 8. None was mentioned on day 7. Maybe that will help.

wave flotsam.
Posted By: mbday630

Re: Gabriel Knight 1 - 06/11/12 11:18 AM

You don't need a key to get into the tomb. The only key you should have right now is the one to go into Mosely's office. Did he leave the office and give you the key to it on the floor to the shop? Did you get the tracker from his office? If so, the next day Mosely should be in the tomb and the plate will be open and you can get in without a key.
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Gabriel Knight 1 - 06/11/12 11:47 AM

Thanks, mbday.

Re: Gabriel Knight 1 - 06/11/12 08:06 PM

Oh, I missed this forum somehow! Still new to the adventure genre. wink Anyway, it turns out I had to ask the uncle twice about that spirit, and then he said I should investigate whether the remains were in New Orleans. Then I didn't need a key, because the touchplate was open. How strange.

Thanks anyhow!
Posted By: MaG

Re: Gabriel Knight 1 - 06/11/12 09:29 PM

Great, Drizzt. Have fun.

Re: Gabriel Knight 1 - 06/19/12 08:26 PM

Now I'm stuck in Africa. All the walkthroughs says to go clockwise to room 7, but I get killed in room number 5. The mummy is standing right in the doorway and blocking me, and I can't seem to evade him!

Does anyone have a saved game slightly beyond this point?
Posted By: traveler

Re: Gabriel Knight 1 - 06/19/12 08:47 PM

There's a trick to that, Drizzt. It took me a while to find the right spot but once I did, getting past the clay critter was easy. From the Sierra Help pages: "SAVE (just before room 6). Click on the right wall towards the lower middle-back then click on the doorway."

PS: Are you sure you're in Room 5?

Gil.

Re: Gabriel Knight 1 - 06/19/12 09:58 PM

Yeah, it was room 6...but still really hard. I tried that very tactic, but I think that Gabriel simply moved too slowly. I adjusted the DosBox settings to use max cycles and full CPU, and then he ran like lightning, so now it's all finished.

Thanks. smile
© 2024 GameBoomers Community