GB HOMEPAGE

5 Cores-9/12/12

Posted By: LadyCav

5 Cores-9/12/12 - 09/13/12 06:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Mordack
...elevator door would only open half way not allowiing me to exit.

I just got stuck in the same elevator!
Door would only open half way. How did you get out?
I had to alt/tab out to desktop and then right click the icon in the taskbar to get the program to close.
Now I have to go back to an earlier save. (sigh)

Edit to add: Going back to earlier save worked and elevator functioned perfectly. But I am soooo stuck on this island.

Spoiler:
Click to reveal..
Can't get the 4 valves outside to turn or get that last cave/grotto structure illuminated. I'm assuming that I have to switch the lever in that stone structure so that I can finally enter the tram on the first island, if I can ever get back there again. (I had 6 green bars and 2 red bars lit near the tram.) I have the three mirrors(?) aligned, but nothing happened. If I can get the stone near the elevator lit up, I don't know where that will transport me when I touch it.

Great game so far, but very challenging!
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: 5 Cores-9/12/12 - 09/14/12 02:40 PM

LadyCav, I moved you to Hints. luck

Re: 5 Cores-9/12/12 - 09/19/12 11:34 AM

Has anyone seen any reference in posts or blogs about any hints, videos or walkthroughs for this game? I've looked and can't find any. I've had to set the game aside because I can't progress any further. Would really love to finish this game.
Posted By: Rushes

Re: 5 Cores-9/12/12 - 09/19/12 01:37 PM

Hi LadyCav,

I've had a look around too, but no luck. frown As it's only been out a week it might take a little while longer for a walkthrough to emerge from somewhere. The game's own website doesn't have a forum. I guess we shall have to wait for anyone else playing the game to spot this thread.

Re: 5 Cores-9/12/12 - 09/19/12 02:08 PM

Thanks very much, Rushes.
I'll play Secret Files 3 for now and check back again from time to time.
Sure liked what I saw so far. smile
Posted By: Tally Ho

Re: 5 Cores-9/12/12 - 09/19/12 06:34 PM

To all who might be interested in this intriguing game - - -

It has some really serious installation problems.

If you are running Windows XP with service pack 3 already installed, you might succeed in installing it. Vista probably not; Windows 7 home probably not; XP with service pack 2, probably not.

I'm still wrestling with installing it, and getting ever closer to failure than to success.
Posted By: Mordack

Re: 5 Cores-9/12/12 - 09/19/12 06:41 PM

I've finished the game if anyone is looking for hints. I'll check in every so often and see.
Posted By: Chief

Re: 5 Cores-9/12/12 - 09/19/12 06:45 PM

Tally Ho, I have Win 7 Home Premium 64 bits SP 1 and the game installed OK.

I had to desable Norton Internet Security to install it.

Good luck.

Chief wave

Re: 5 Cores-9/12/12 - 09/19/12 07:07 PM

Thanks for the offer, Mordack! LadyCav posted her problem in the first post of the thread, if you are able to help. thanks

Re: 5 Cores-9/12/12 - 09/19/12 10:06 PM

LadyCav, the four values can't be turned until the four towers are raised in the water. To raise them, go to the three buttons with the reset handle and push 2,1,3 and then 3,1,2, Now go to the three devices near the cave. Lower the first two devices and raise the third. The tower values can now be turned.The cave never gets lite.

Re: 5 Cores-9/12/12 - 09/19/12 11:01 PM

First, thank you Rushes, for calling attention to my question! thanks

Mordack, wonderful that you finished and saw my post! Did you like the game all in all?

Thanks so much for offering these hints - I really appreciate it!! (I'm sure I'll have more questions in the future).

I just popped in here for a bit after finishing Secret Files 3. I'll try Five Cores again later or tomorrow after some rest. I'm anxious to get back to the game now. happydance

Re: 5 Cores-9/12/12 - 09/19/12 11:21 PM

Thanks again, Mordack, we appreciate the help. smile

luck LadyCav!

Re: 5 Cores-9/12/12 - 09/20/12 01:25 AM

I'm on the first island and visited it.

I'm in the section with all those ciment blocks and two small cavern with levers that I pulled down.

Near the tram, the machine shows 6 green bar and 2 reds.

What should I do with the four working clocks???? that I see or where is the clue for them?

The plan in one on the small cavern: what does it say?

Thanks for some help.

Chief wave

Re: 5 Cores-9/12/12 - 09/20/12 01:40 AM

Chief,

I'm stuck there, too - 6 green bars and 2 red bars. The clue seems to be the copper tubes near the tram. 7 of them are in trays, 2 on the ground. Apparently, we need 7 green bars to activate the tram.

I turned all the clocks or gauges from the SE position to the SW position. That turns on green bars. If you go back and turn the needles back to the SE position, you'll see green bars have disappeared.

I don't know where the last trigger is for the last green bar to activate the tram. I have turned all the gauges from SE to SW. 2 gauges do not have needles on them. I have also activated 4 hands on rocks about the island. But the trigger for the 7th green bar has to be associated with the cement walkway, because it is the only area connected by wiring which would power the tram, don't you think?

Mordack, where's the last trigger?

Also for Mordack or anyone else:
1. What is the significance of the Red X in the shack on the right side of the island?
2. Is there a clue on the island for the round wooden balls on top of the tower? I noticed that one of them does not move.
3. I have activated 3 crystals, 2 on this first island, and 1 on the second island, yet when I go around to the back of the island to the temple with the sleeping child, only 1 green crystal is illuminated. Why is that?
4.What is the significance of the map in one of the stone caverns, especially the blue circles and the numbers 1,3,3,6,6,18?

Re: 5 Cores-9/12/12 - 09/20/12 01:53 AM

Thank you LadyCav. I'm also curious about those balls and the tower and your questions.

For now, I'll stay on the first island.

Chief wave

Re: 5 Cores-9/12/12 - 09/20/12 02:03 AM

Good luck, Chief. Hope you make some progress! smile
I'll check back in tomorrow to see if there are any new hints for us.

Note for Mordack:
You said that the 3 buttons clue on the 2nd island had a reset lever. Really....RESET????? I thought all this time that it was an activation lever! I was pressing numbers, pulling the lever to activate, then going back outside expecting to see something new and exciting, going back and forth over and over again. Reset?!?! hardwall Sheesh!!
(Thanks for that clue... I'd still be on that island if you hadn't said that was a bleeping reset lever!)

On a side note:
3 Save slots only...seriously?!?!?

Re: 5 Cores-9/12/12 - 09/20/12 02:51 AM

LadyCav, in the square building with no plan where there is a big lever, there is also a smaller black one on the right. Pull it down.

That will give you the 8 green lights and will open the door to the tram.

Now to go see where we go with that tram.

Chief wave

Re: 5 Cores-9/12/12 - 09/20/12 09:56 AM

Chief, Thank you but I had already tried that numerous times. Pulling the black lever shorts out all the lights. You can pull the lever to the left a couple of times till it stays on, but then the lever in the first power station is off. Pulling it back down shorts out the power in the second power station. I can't get them both to stay on AND have all the lamps on the lamp posts lit. headscratch
Posted By: Geo

Re: 5 Cores-9/12/12 - 09/20/12 10:11 AM

Mordack-
Why dont you write a W/T.

Re: 5 Cores-9/12/12 - 09/20/12 10:23 AM

Originally Posted By: Geo
Mordack-
Why dont you write a W/T.

I wish someone would. I wrote an email to the postmaster at neebla games, but they never answered back. frown
Posted By: Bert Jamin

Re: 5 Cores-9/12/12 - 09/20/12 12:05 PM

Hi guys,

This is a real MUST BE for any good old Myst adventurer! I'm working on a walkthrough this very moment:

http://www.gamesover.com/The%20Five%20Cores/The%20Five%20Cores%20walkthrough.htm

It still is a work in progress. I'll try to update it every day.

Cheers,
Bert

Re: 5 Cores-9/12/12 - 09/20/12 01:15 PM

That's wonderful, Bert, thank you! thumbsup

Re: 5 Cores-9/12/12 - 09/20/12 01:37 PM

That is wonderful news - thank you Bert!
...off to look at the link now. smile
Posted By: Sokra

Re: 5 Cores-9/12/12 - 09/21/12 03:13 PM

Hello Bert and al the other fans of THE FIVES CORES!

We are writing a german walkthrough (published at Gamepad.de).
But we stuck in the game - probably short before the end.

We cannot solve the puzzle with the burning circle-parts.

Has anybody any solution?

Kind regrads
Posted By: Wincey

Re: 5 Cores-9/12/12 - 09/21/12 04:04 PM

I've barely made any progress in the game, but I'm on an island with raising and lowering pillars. There isn't much to do except lighting torches and pulling levers, and there doesn't seem to be any clues as to which order to pull them. Any hints? Thanks

Re: 5 Cores-9/12/12 - 09/21/12 04:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Wincey
I've barely made any progress in the game, but I'm on an island with raising and lowering pillars. There isn't much to do except lighting torches and pulling levers, and there doesn't seem to be any clues as to which order to pull them. Any hints? Thanks

Do you mean the underground cavernous realm? If so, have you found a book with 6 pages in one of the bldgs near the torches? That's the only pertinent clue I've found so far, tho I haven't put the clues together yet. I think I see where the core crystal is, but the wooden walkway has a gap and it's not accessible yet.

Re: 5 Cores-9/12/12 - 09/21/12 04:47 PM

I've found a book with the dots and circle diagrams but 6 pages? I can't turn any pages even though the hand cursor appears. And even so, I can't see how the diagrams are relevant.

Re: 5 Cores-9/12/12 - 09/21/12 05:22 PM

Yes, 6 pages with dots and circles, from 1 dot to 6 dots with accompanying circles. I didn't have any problem with turning pages. Did you zoom into the book? Perhaps restarting the game will make the hand active for you. Many clues in this game seem obscure to me, but that has to mean something, perhaps the wooden levers in the three semi-circular areas with the Roman columns? I haven't been back to the game today, I think I'll wait on Bert's w/t.

Re: 5 Cores-9/12/12 - 09/21/12 05:32 PM

How do I zoom into the book?

Re: 5 Cores-9/12/12 - 09/21/12 07:39 PM

Wincey, all I did was click on that area to get a closer view of the book and then clicked to turn pages. There's a book on another island in a bedroom with crude maps of all the islands that you can zoom in closer and look at several pages of maps. Is the hand not active for you? Sometimes I had to take one step closer for the hand to be active on something. The click response is a bit slow for me. Sometimes it takes two or three clicks to get to the save dialog. Perhaps it is touchy where you click? Good luck.
Posted By: adventurik

Re: 5 Cores-9/12/12 - 09/21/12 07:54 PM

I couldn't click on that book in the caves either. I have found that sometimes my cursor disappears on some clickable areas, but I can still click on them. I don't really want to go back to the caves for awhile since I don't know how to get out yet.

Anyway, got a question for Bert! I looked at your walkthrough for the first island, and there's something I don't understand. The diagram in the switch building has blue circles around two of the switch blocks. But you say to switch one on and leave the other off. Then turn on one or two of the other blocks. I can't remember at the moment which ones, but I think you said switches 1,2, and 3, but not the other one. How did you figure this out when the diagram shows different? But then again, I might not understand the diagram.
Posted By: Sussaro

Re: 5 Cores-9/12/12 - 09/21/12 09:33 PM

Encourage the Fireflys to the room with the book, what number is that building....:)

Re: 5 Cores-9/12/12 - 09/21/12 09:50 PM

Just popping into this thread to say welcome to GameBoomers, adventurik and Sussaro. wave

Re: 5 Cores-9/12/12 - 09/22/12 03:03 PM

Hi boys and girls,

Made some major changes to my walkthrough! I changed the order of playing it. The reason is that the way I played it before you will finish the game without playing the final chapter. When I returned on the dome island none of the Cores worked. The only thing I could do is walking towards the dome with the girl in it. Halfway the whole island collapses. When approaching the girl in the dome it's just gamesover!

In the order I play the game now you'll get an extra final chapter. I adjusted my walkthrough in that way... In that process I also explained the drawing about the clocks a little more.

Sorry for the inconvenience. That's the risc of writing a walkthrough as a work in progress I guess.

Here is the link to my adjusted walkthrough:

http://www.gamesover.com/The%20Five%20Cores/The%20Five%20Cores%20walkthrough.htm

Cheers,
Bert

Re: 5 Cores-9/12/12 - 09/22/12 03:09 PM

Thanks, Bert. thumbsup

Re: 5 Cores-9/12/12 - 09/22/12 03:30 PM

Thank you for your updates, Bert.
I haven't played in the order you have.
I haven't seen any floating islands yet.
I'm waiting for the chapter in the huge cavern.
Thank you for the work in writing this w/t! smile

Re: 5 Cores-9/12/12 - 09/22/12 04:44 PM

I realize there is a walkthrough link above but if I can offer a couple of hints on a couple of difficult sections. Sorry I haven't been around much to help.

On the balls in the lighthouse:
Click to reveal..
I found it easy if I used the arrows found under the plateform as a compass. N,S,E and W are obviously easy but it's also easy to read an arrow, say pointing at the 2 o'clock position as North-East. When turning the balls it becomes easy to identify the compass directions because you're just rotating a compass in a circle. Looking at the arrow pattern, you can read it as E (fixed ball),W,SW,SE,NW,W,S,NE

On the gem core with the color flowers/trees:
Click to reveal..
The major color clue here is a triangle of colors. These colors are the secondary colors of the same triangle on a color wheel. The object of the puzzle is to "mix" the two flower primary colors to make the secondary colors of the trees. Therefore: red+blue=purple, yellow+blue=green, yellow+red=orange

Posted By: adventurik

Re: 5 Cores-9/12/12 - 09/22/12 10:07 PM

I was afraid there would be a color puzzle. I am color deficient/challenged. These sometimes give me a lot of trouble. I was very thankful that the guy who created Rhem, put a color identifier in Rhem 4. In The Five Cores, I saw one of those hand-rocks with 4 symbols and a colored spot above each one.
Posted By: Geo

Re: 5 Cores-9/12/12 - 09/25/12 02:54 PM

Bert Jamin,
On the first core,where did you get the info to set the dials to 3&10?

Re: 5 Cores-9/12/12 - 09/25/12 08:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Geo
Bert Jamin,
On the first core,where did you get the info to set the dials to 3&10?

There is another thread for The Five Cores here in the hints and help section:

http://www.gameboomers.com/forum/ubbthre...ers.html#UNREAD

It talks about where the planets out on the veranda (opposite the room with the stairs) pause slightly during their revolutions when you press the button and watch the little show - they pause just a little bit at 10 and 3.

My take was a little bit different than that. I noticed that the black dot on the floor was at 10 and I noticed that the center planet makes 3 revolutions compared to the outer planet's 1 revolution. I didn't take into account the pausing at all. Either way, it will give you those two numbers.

Re: 5 Cores-9/12/12 - 09/26/12 05:43 PM

I wrote that in my walkthrough!

Re: 5 Cores-9/12/12 - 09/26/12 05:46 PM

As I have written in my walkthrough you will find the solution to that at the planetarium on the balcony. When you press the button over there the planets start to move. They stop briefly at the 10 o'clock position and stop forever at the 3 o'clock position...

Re: 5 Cores-9/12/12 - 09/26/12 05:48 PM

Hi Girls and Guys,

Just finished my walkthrough for this gem! I love the game very very much!

As usually I have sent my walkthrough to Marita to post it on your site too! Have fun with it.

Kind regards,
Bert
Posted By: MaG

Re: 5 Cores-9/12/12 - 09/26/12 06:48 PM

Thanks, Bert for all the walkthroughs. laugh

Re: 5 Cores-9/12/12 - 09/26/12 11:13 PM

Thank you sir! Now that your last chapter of the walkthrough is finished, I get get back to that cavern once I finish the game I am currently playing. Thank you, Bert Jamin, for all the work involved in writing your walkthrough!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community