GB HOMEPAGE

book of unwritten tales

Posted By: gardener

book of unwritten tales - 10/06/12 10:56 PM

mags please help . i`m well & truly baffled! i`m right near the end. nates in crypt & helping to build gullivers body going to do lungs BUT i have no broken bellows in inventory & haven`t a clue where to find them. i`ve checked walkthrough & can`t see bellows underlined anywhere!
Posted By: MaG

Re: book of unwritten tales - 10/06/12 11:57 PM

Sorry about that - go back to the minotaur shaman's teepee. The broken bellows is by the entrance. luck

Re: book of unwritten tales - 10/07/12 11:02 AM

thank u mags, will do. expect request very soon for saved rain dance, i will try my best to do it!

Re: book of unwritten tales - 10/27/12 12:28 PM

hi mags, need your invaluable help again . i do need you to send me a saved game of raindance, i keep messing up & i would like to finish this game, is there any possibility that u could change the gamesave to number 28 as i seem to mess up trying to change it?
Posted By: Rushes

Re: book of unwritten tales - 10/27/12 02:04 PM

Hi gardener, I can do that for you -- the renumbered save is on the way. luck

Re: book of unwritten tales - 10/27/12 04:15 PM

hi rushes, i recieved the saved game but its in 3 parts, i transferred them to game folder, tried combining the 3 together, no good, 1 is bout.log text doc: another is config.xml doc: & ogre cfg. file. don`t know what to do now!

Re: book of unwritten tales - 10/27/12 04:20 PM

I have no idea what happened there, because the save file I sent to you was only one file titled: savegame28.ksg. That's really odd.

Did the e-mail come from my address @gameboomers?

I can try re-sending in a zipped file.

Edit: Zipped file sent.

Re: book of unwritten tales - 10/27/12 04:22 PM

it`s ok rushes, went back & tried again, now its in it`s numbered place, thank you very much!

Re: book of unwritten tales - 10/27/12 04:24 PM

Great! Enjoy the rest of the game.

Re: book of unwritten tales - 10/27/12 04:35 PM

sorry rushes, but for some reason it won`t play, i`ve tried all saved games & can`t find it. i think i`ve knackered the saved game file as it`s making funny click noises, now i`m really stuck.

Re: book of unwritten tales - 10/27/12 04:52 PM

Yikes. Where are you getting the funny click noises, from your e-mail program? Are you trying to physically open the save file? If so, no need to do that, just save directly into the save game folder along with all your other saves.

Perhaps try removing the file from your save folder and having another go with the second e-mail that I sent to you, the zipped version.

If all else fails, reboot your computer and see if that fixes the clicking problem.

Edit: Just as a reminder, when you go into your game to load the new save, you'll need to scroll *all the way back* to the beginning of your saves to find the new one, as they'll be in date order and this is an older dated save.

Re: book of unwritten tales - 10/27/12 05:28 PM

the clicking noises were actually happening while i was trying the different saved games. i did send it straight to games folder. had enough now, will try tomorrow.will let u know.

Re: book of unwritten tales - 10/28/12 02:23 PM

hi rushes, i`m sad to say it`s just not working. when those 3 parts ended up in tales folder i tried to combinr them, its only when i went back to desk top i saw the save but it was in the bottom left corner & i hadn`t seen it as i have to change my settings to play the game. i must have corrupted the games folder when i tried to combine those 3 parts, so sadly i`m going to have to abondon the game. thanks for your help rushes, but nothing more can be done.

Re: book of unwritten tales - 10/28/12 03:18 PM

Oh gosh, that's a shame. Did you remove those three parts out of the save folder? I wonder what they were -- perhaps they were there already? They certainly weren't sent as an attachment in my e-mail. Can you put them back to how they were before you attempted to combine them?

If not, perhaps might be an idea to move your saves somewhere safe, then delete the save folder and do a complete reinstall of the game. Then start a new game, make a save as soon as possible (to create the save folder), then replace all your old saves into it, removing the new one that you made (which would mess up the numbering). Then have another go with the save that I sent to you.

Re: book of unwritten tales - 10/28/12 04:07 PM

i might do that but right now enough is enough, thanks for the suggestion rushes.
Posted By: oldman

Re: book of unwritten tales - 10/30/12 01:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Rushes
Hi gardener, I can do that for you -- the renumbered save is on the way. luck

Could I prevail upon you to also send me the save game for just after the rain dance as well? I'm pulling my hair out trying to get my brain and fingers to move fast enough. hardwall mad

Thanks in advance.

Re: book of unwritten tales - 10/30/12 02:12 AM

John,

The saved game is sent. Unzip the folder and do the usual renumbering. luck
Posted By: oldman

Re: book of unwritten tales - 10/30/12 07:30 AM

Thank you MaG. As usual you came through and I'm on my way.

When I was tryng to do that dance I kind of felt like Lucile Ball when she was doing the assembly line with the chocolates.

(Probably dating myself here)
Posted By: UruKat

Re: book of unwritten tales - 10/30/12 04:08 PM

Well....I can't do that dumb rain dance either! frown

I would really appreciate a saved game.

Thanks so much!

Re: book of unwritten tales - 10/30/12 04:23 PM

Hi UruKat, it's on the way.

Re: book of unwritten tales - 10/30/12 05:03 PM

Thank you Rushes!
For some reason I'm having trouble staying signed in to GB. I log in and as soon as I click on another link, it tells me I'm not logged in. I am checking the box that says keep me logged in. But actually, this time, I logged in and didn't check the box and now I'm staying logged in......weird.

Re: book of unwritten tales - 10/30/12 05:11 PM

Funnily enough, I had the same problem quite recently. What worked for me was logging in via the Member List. woozy It's an Internet Explorer issue, I think (at least for me), as I don't have any issues whatsoever with Google Chrome.

You're welcome, re. the save game. smile

Re: book of unwritten tales - 10/30/12 06:20 PM

Thanks again for the save....it worked perfectly!

Re: book of unwritten tales - 10/30/12 06:21 PM

Great! Enjoy the rest of the game.

Re: book of unwritten tales - 11/10/12 12:42 PM

notification for rushes: i have good news rushes. my grandaughter came to deliver my birthday present, so while she was here i deleted the saved game in folder which wasn`t working because of my fiddling, got her to do raindance sequence, & in 30 seconds flat had done it! saved it, went back later & loaded gameto play a bit further & everything is working fine. ONE BIG PHEW!!! so hopegully can now finsh game,oh the brain agility of the young! thanks once again for your help. x

Re: book of unwritten tales - 11/10/12 03:02 PM

Oh that's wonderful! I'm so glad that you didn't have to start the game over. bravo to your granddaughter! Hope you have fun with the game now.
Posted By: Haroula

Re: book of unwritten tales - 11/11/12 09:30 PM

hardwallhelp please,
I need a save for the magic potion yes wave
Thanks in advance
penguinNo need for a save I got it. wave

Re: book of unwritten tales - 11/11/12 10:11 PM

Great! Have fun! bravo
Posted By: stormswept

Re: book of unwritten tales - 01/04/13 06:22 PM

Hi
Like many others i am stuck on the raindance. Three weeks of being told that was not half bad is driving me nuts.
Please help

Re: book of unwritten tales - 01/04/13 07:49 PM

Hi stormswept, welcome to GameBoomers.

A save game is on its way to you.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community