GB HOMEPAGE

Testament of Sherlock Holmes

Posted By: rmelone

Testament of Sherlock Holmes - 02/26/13 10:20 PM

I'm stuck in the Bishop's office at the following point:

Desk: Pan back to the left of the body.
Check the phial- broken flask on the floor in front of the desk. It has blood on the neck and smells of chemicals components.

I'm unable to find the phial. Does the way you view the area have something to do with it? I tried all three ways but still could not find the phial.

Robert
Posted By: MaG

Re: Testament of Sherlock Holmes - 02/26/13 11:41 PM

Hi Robert,
First check your inventory. You might have it in there already.
If not - while facing the bishop (try first person); pan or turn to the left and look at the floor.
In front of the desk; on the floor is the phial. luck

Re: Testament of Sherlock Holmes - 02/26/13 11:58 PM

I don't have the phial in my inventory.

I tried all three views and I see the broken bottle of whiskey and what looks like a phial near the broken bottle but there doesn't seem to be any way to pick it up - if that's what it is.

Robert

Re: Testament of Sherlock Holmes - 02/27/13 12:05 AM

Watch this video walkthrough at 15.54 mins and see the phial. luck
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Testament of Sherlock Holmes - 02/27/13 12:11 AM

blush sherlock MaG! grin

Re: Testament of Sherlock Holmes - 02/27/13 12:13 AM

hehehehe. It's one of the best video walkthroughs done by the Sherlock expert. bravo

Re: Testament of Sherlock Holmes - 02/27/13 03:16 PM

Thanks for the help.

You were right, I did have the phial in inventory but it was labeled broken flask.

The reason I couldn't proceed further in the game was because I missed the stone fragment near the footprints.

I guess you have to be a detective to play a game about detectives....

That is a very good walkthrough, I particularly like the comments the person makes in the background.

I am having one other problem and that is with the sound. I lower all the sounds quite a bit and have the voice sound as high as it will go but it's very faint. It's probably something I'm doing, but I can't figure out what..yet.

Thanks again.

Robert
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Testament of Sherlock Holmes - 02/27/13 03:46 PM

Glad you found what was missing, Robert.

As for the sound, does increasing your own speaker volume not make much difference?

Re: Testament of Sherlock Holmes - 02/27/13 06:38 PM

If I increase the volume on my speakers, everything increases with the dialog still difficult to hear.

So far, this is the only game where I've had this problem.

Robert

Re: Testament of Sherlock Holmes - 02/27/13 11:26 PM

Robert,

That video walkthrough is done by our Rushes, our Holmes expert. thumbsup

Re: Testament of Sherlock Holmes - 03/01/13 10:01 PM

Just a note to mention I found the problem with the sound I was having in this game.

I found a forum, which may already be posted somewhere, about all Sherlock Holmes games - including Testament.

It turns out I needed an update to my audio drivers. The technical information provided all the help that was needed to do that and that fixed my problem.

The link to the forum is:

http://forum.sherlockholmes-thegame.com/index.php

Robert
© 2024 GameBoomers Community