GB HOMEPAGE

Face Noir

Posted By: sanford

Face Noir - 07/21/13 02:30 AM

Hi SharonB. Sounds like you finished the game. I had a little trouble getting away from the two cops in the warehouse, but after a few dozen times, I finally DID. LOL Right now I'm trying to get through the "DOLL assembly" puzzle. Even though I'm going by the pic of the solution in Mag's super WT, I haven't been able to master it as yet. I have all the pieces of the doll laid out, but apparently I may not be getting some of the "angles" correctly. Any hints would be appreciated to make my life easier;
Sandy
Posted By: MaG

Re: Face Noir - 07/21/13 02:44 AM

Sandy,

You're right - the angle matters.
Also double check the ends of the pieces to see if they are placed correctly. Each end is marked differently. luck
Posted By: Slipknot

Re: Face Noir - 07/21/13 04:28 AM

Are there any more pictures to help with the angles? The shoes are not pictured at all on the doll's box!

Thanks!
Posted By: SharonB

Re: Face Noir - 07/21/13 04:30 AM

Hi Sandy! wave You give me too much credit. I posted my note after just finishing the demo. Haven't installed the full game yet. Perhaps tomorrow.

Sharon

Re: Face Noir - 07/21/13 05:20 AM

That's OK, SharonB. You are going to love the full version of this game. BTW: I finally solved the Doll Assembly puzzle. You are SO right about the correct angles. I must have attempted this puzzle at least fifteen times before I (surprisingly) got it right. The
"Drawbridge" puzzle which came a little later on took me some time before I got it right. Mag's MAGnificent WT with the pics of the solution sure saved me a lot of time, otherwise I might NEVER have gotten as far as I have. Many thanks, MAG.
Sandy Happy gaming, Sharon
Posted By: Marian

Re: Face Noir - 07/21/13 05:54 AM

welcome to GameBoomers, Slipknot. Hopefully someone here will be able to answer your question. smile

Re: Face Noir - 07/21/13 01:33 PM

welcome slipknot!

Are you asking about this? Or want another one?

Re: Face Noir - 07/22/13 12:35 AM

Yes, I was asking for THAT, Mag. If there's a better one, I'd love to have it, if possible because I intend to play this game again after I've finished it for the first time. THANKS
Sandy

Re: Face Noir - 07/22/13 01:04 AM

I can not do any other angles since the screen is fixed.

I took another picture from Ludwig's wt and enhanced it.
My doll has different angle on the right upper and lower arm though. laugh
See if it helps.

Posted By: proper

Re: Face Noir - 07/22/13 12:02 PM

Hi everyone smile

Could someone send me a savegame exactly after the
Click to reveal..
notebook decoding puzzle?

I would be grateful smile

Re: Face Noir - 07/22/13 01:45 PM

Hi notebook,

Can you copy these answers on the puzzle?

Re: Face Noir - 07/22/13 01:56 PM

Hi MaG,

Thank you very much for the answer. I know the solution for the puzzle but I can't enter the answer. The letter "W" is missing and I can't select it. That's why I asked for a savegame.
Thank you. smile

Re: Face Noir - 07/22/13 02:08 PM

I have to check and look for it. I am also not sure if my saved game will work for you.

I'll be back.

Re: Face Noir - 07/22/13 02:10 PM

OK MaG, take your time. Thank you very much smile

Re: Face Noir - 07/22/13 02:22 PM

I had to replay to be sure I have the correct one.

It is now sent to you. luck

Re: Face Noir - 07/22/13 02:29 PM

Thank you very very much MaG! It's working! I appreciate it alot. smile

Re: Face Noir - 07/22/13 05:02 PM

yay Have fun!

Re: Face Noir - 07/22/13 06:57 PM

Having trouble getting the cab - trying to get the license plate number. I ask to speak to Malone and when the officer is gone I go behind the counter. Then a second later I hear that the officer is coming back.

Is reading the list or even finding the list supposed to be automatic? Because I have no time to look. What am I doing wrong?

Sharon
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Face Noir - 07/22/13 07:13 PM

Hi Sharon,

According to the walkthrough, yes, it should be automatic once you've gone behind the counter. smile Perhaps there's only a very short amount of time the player has to do this. Be as quick as you can. laugh

Did you talk to the service officer previously and learn about the form that needs to be completed?

Re: Face Noir - 07/22/13 09:41 PM

Hi SharonB,

If I remember correctly, while the officer is gone, you have to look at this hotspot:

You have to be quick though. Hope this helps. smile

Re: Face Noir - 07/22/13 11:20 PM

Thanks, proper!

Re: Face Noir - 07/23/13 01:31 AM

Thanks Rushes and Proper! I'll try again.

Sharon

Re: Face Noir - 07/23/13 01:52 AM

Thanks a lot for the enhanced pic of the DOLL puzzle, Mag. It's a much clearer image. I know you have heard this before, but
YOU ARE THE BEST.
Sandy

------
Hi Proper. Not only do you have to do this fast, but you also have to CLICK on the correct "entry". I finally did this after the 3rd or 4th try. I highly reccomend SAVING just before this puzzle. You can always restore if you failed to get it right.
Sandy

Re: Face Noir - 07/23/13 02:04 AM

Thanks Sandy. Glad to help.

Re: Face Noir - 07/23/13 02:46 AM

I made it. Turns out you have to look at the hotspot and immediately use the right mouse button to use. Thanks for getting me through this. Now I'm at the docks and trying to sneak around the cops. Boy do I hate timed puzzles!

Thanks, Sharon

Re: Face Noir - 07/23/13 03:20 AM

Oh. I better edit the walkthrough then. I didn't have this problem.
Thanks Sharon.
Posted By: aretha

Re: Face Noir - 07/23/13 12:41 PM

Any tips for putting the cylinder together? Even with photo in walkthrough I've been stuck for ages on this bit. Hopefully the usual will happen - once I post I then can suddenly manage it.
Posted By: lexxy

Re: Face Noir - 07/23/13 01:51 PM

I am still playing the demo and for the life of me, even with the walkthrough, can not get the vent outside of room 312 to open.

Re: Face Noir - 07/23/13 02:01 PM

aretha,
I just replayed that part to be sure of the sequence of tubes.
I find that the most difficult one is the second from right end.
Study it and see if that is the one that is off for you.
Then I did the right end one click at a time until he says it's done.

Lexy,
Have you eavesdrop in room 313 already?
Have you checked the gate in the back alley?
Is it the mouse manipulation that's a bother? If so - use your left hand to hold down the left mouse button and the use your right hand to do the right mouse button. I had to do that because my carpal tunnel acted up on this game. lol
Posted By: aretha

Re: Face Noir - 07/23/13 02:13 PM

That photo and your advice were spot on. Did it in seconds. You're getting predictable Mag! You can always come up with a solution happydance

Re: Face Noir - 07/23/13 02:21 PM

laugh Glad you got through, Aretha.

Re: Face Noir - 07/23/13 11:32 PM

I can't get by the 2 policemen! I click to the right and Del Nero comes down behind the middle policeman and gets caught by the third or sometimes the second officer. The WT says he is supposed to go behind the crates, but he always goes down by the officers and gets caught. UHHHH! Any advice? Am I doing something wrong? Is it my slow action? Seems like sometimes when I click he doesn't move or not right away. I want to kick his behind! smashpc

Perhaps a save after getting by the policemen?

Re: Face Noir - 07/24/13 01:07 AM

It did take me several tries to get the timing and screenshots of this puzzle.
Did you check the screens on the wt?
I wrote the timing to move under the screens - that might help you.

Ah - when you have a clear shot - I mean a straight line to the next place - like behind the crates - click on crate and he will move automatically to that place. See if that helps.

I have to look for a saved game. I overwrote my saves.

-----------
Saved game sent.

Re: Face Noir - 07/24/13 03:43 AM

Thank you Mag! I'm going to try it a couple more times then use your save.

Sharon

Re: Face Noir - 07/24/13 04:55 AM

luck

Re: Face Noir - 07/24/13 12:22 PM

Mag I tried your save as soon as I got it forgetting about retrying the puzzle. I wanted to make sure I could get it to work - been a long time since I used someone else's save. It worked beautifully with no problem. I am so relieved to have gotten by them.

Now I'm stuck at the doll puzzle. I'm not making much headway, but I'll keep trying. The game doesn't seem to want to drop the piece where I want. This is a hard game, but interesting and well done. I've gotten spoiled by games that let you skip puzzles when you want.

Sharon catrub
Posted By: nevineb

Re: Face Noir - 07/24/13 12:27 PM

Hello,
I am missing letters M and W. Can't finish the puzzle and can't go on with the game.
Thanks for any help.

Nevine

Re: Face Noir - 07/24/13 02:22 PM

Hi Nevine, welcome to GameBoomers.

Which puzzle is this? I'm peeping at the walkthrough to see if I can help, but the search function doesn't work very well for single letters. lol Hopefully someone here will recognise where you're at and will be able to help you better.

Re: Face Noir - 07/24/13 03:27 PM

I'm at decoding Maseratti's notebook. When the letters come up, I am missing the M and the W.

Thanks

----------------

Sorry, thanks for the welcome. Happy to have found Gameboomers.

Someone else posted that they were missing the letter W for the same mini-game. I am missing 2 letter M and W and though I have the solution, I cannot complete the mini-game to go forward.

Thank you for your help
Nevine

Re: Face Noir - 07/24/13 03:34 PM

Aha, I see now. smile A post on the first page of this thread. How strange! Are you close enough to a previous save that you can go back and replay this part and see if all the letters then appear correctly?

I don't have a save for this particular spot, unfortunately, but MaG might still have hers, when she sees this thread. Or another member might swoop in with a rescue. Hang in there for a little while.

Re: Face Noir - 07/24/13 03:53 PM

I don't have a close save point, unfortunately. I will certainly save more often from hereon. I'll try to wait for a while until starting over from my last save.

In any case, thank you very much.

Re: Face Noir - 07/24/13 04:11 PM

Hi nevineb and welcome smile

I just sent you a savegame exactly after the puzzle. I had this missing letter problem and this is the same file MaG sent me. Thank you again MaG for the savegame. smile

Re: Face Noir - 07/24/13 04:21 PM

Thanks, proper; we appreciate it. wave

Re: Face Noir - 07/24/13 04:29 PM

Thanks, proper. thumbsup

Enjoy the game, Nevine.

Re: Face Noir - 07/24/13 04:35 PM

You're welcome. I'm happy to help. smile

Re: Face Noir - 07/24/13 04:56 PM

Thank you so so much. happydance I hope they soon have a patch for this bug.

Re: Face Noir - 07/24/13 10:29 PM

You're welcome, nevineb. Enjoy the game. smile

Re: Face Noir - 07/25/13 07:46 PM

Hi proper,
I haven't reached the Decoding Puzzle yet, but anticipating a possible glitch with missing letters, I would appreciate if you would send me that savegame that takes place immediately after that puzzle.
BTW, I have Win XP, and the savegame folder for Face Noir is in My Documents in a folder named "Face Noir". Thanks
Sandy

Re: Face Noir - 07/25/13 07:56 PM

Hi Sandy,

I have the save now also. happydance It's on its way to you, should you need it.
Posted By: rockingrjranch

Re: Face Noir - 07/26/13 12:35 AM

Thinking of playing this but are there a lot of timed sequences as I am seeing in this thread or is it just a couple of them.

Re: Face Noir - 07/26/13 01:15 AM

I haven't played the game, but it's looking like there are a couple of sequences that require some precision timing. Someone else can hopefully tell you more. wave

Re: Face Noir - 07/26/13 02:03 AM

Thank you so much, RUSHES. Fortunately, I did NOT experience that "glitch", but I really appreciate your kindness.
Sandy

For you gamers who are having problems doing the "DOLL" puzzle, I would like to mention that it's less sonfusing to assemble the pieces if you turn OFF the "shadows" in the Options menu first.
I hope this will be helpful to you.
Sandy

Re: Face Noir - 07/26/13 02:14 AM

Thank you for the advice, Sandy. wave

Re: Face Noir - 07/26/13 02:17 AM

Hi Nancy,
Yes there are some (not that many) timed sequences, but they reare not that difficult. I am REALLY enjoying this game. It takes me back to the time when Detective-Adventure games were at their peak. If this game is your "thing", then you are going to love it. Happy Gaming
Sandy

Re: Face Noir - 07/26/13 04:29 AM

I need help again. I'm so close but I can't get it. I've got the doll put together but I can't get it to look exactly like Mag's picture and Del Nero keeps saying somethings wrong.

Can I get a save game for a completed doll?

Re: Face Noir - 07/26/13 10:46 AM

Hi
I had the same problem. All I needed to do is turn the pieces of the arms around. Could be something just that simple.

Good luck.

Re: Face Noir - 07/26/13 01:48 PM

Thanks, nevineb.

Sharon - saved game sent.
Posted By: rockingrjranch

Re: Face Noir - 07/26/13 03:38 PM

Thanks for the input Sandy.

Re: Face Noir - 07/26/13 03:56 PM

Thanks Mag smile I'm finally past that part but I still can't figure out what I was doing wrong with the arms. They would only fall if the position was a certain way and that was the wrong way. Oh well, I'll tinker with it in the meantime and see if I can't actually get it right.

In the meantime, "On with the Game!" I do really like this game and hope that I am able to complete it.

Sharon
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Face Noir - 07/26/13 06:15 PM

ok, tired of trying to get past police at the docks.. just can not get him to move properly... can I have a save please

Re: Face Noir - 07/26/13 06:18 PM

Hi Winfrey, the save's on the way.

Re: Face Noir - 07/26/13 06:27 PM

Thank you!!!! It worked smile

Re: Face Noir - 07/26/13 06:37 PM

Great! Enjoy the game. happydance
Posted By: blade12

Re: Face Noir - 07/27/13 01:39 AM

Hi there, unfortunately caught the decoding puzzle glitch that's going round. If anyone can help out with a save game to bypass, would be very grateful.

Re: Face Noir - 07/27/13 01:41 AM

Hi blade12, welcome to GameBoomers. The save's on the way.
Posted By: blade12

Re: Face Noir - 07/27/13 07:36 AM

Thanks Rushes, worked perfectly and allowed me to finally finish the game. Cheers buddy.

Re: Face Noir - 07/27/13 02:16 PM

You're welcome! Hope you enjoyed the game.

Re: Face Noir - 07/27/13 07:01 PM

Well, I just finished playing Face Noir. It was like playing an old Tex Murphy game again. I thoroughly
enjoyed it (with the help of MAG'S wonderful WT). Now I'm hungry for Episode 2.
Sandy
Posted By: Jannis

Re: Face Noir - 07/30/13 09:24 PM

Hello everyone

I also miss leters M and W. Can someoe please send me the saved file so that I can continue playing?

Thank you

Re: Face Noir - 07/30/13 09:36 PM

Glad you enjoyed it, Sandy. thumbsup

Hi Jannis, welcome to GameBoomers. A save is on its way to you.
Posted By: Starcom

Re: Face Noir - 08/01/13 12:22 AM

Could anybody Please, please send me a save game of the Doll puzzle completed, I have tried the different suggestions given from this forum and still no go. I just wish they would have put a skip puzzle feature on this puzzle.

Thanks in Advance
Ray

Re: Face Noir - 08/01/13 12:48 AM

Ray, look for a saved game in a few minutes, okay? I will send one to you. wave

Re: Face Noir - 08/01/13 01:58 AM

Thank you Marian,
Your saved game worked like a charm and now I can move on.... You are a "True Goddess praise"

Re: Face Noir - 08/01/13 02:07 AM

You are most welcome - glad to help! I hope you enjoy the rest of the game. smile
Posted By: Jannis

Re: Face Noir - 08/01/13 06:36 AM

Thanks Rushes. Your saved file enabled me to continue the game but now I am stuck with the sewer puzzle. Whatever I do I can't get the sewer full of water and thus I cannot use the floating bridge and get out of there. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Re: Face Noir - 08/01/13 09:28 AM

You have to open 3 wheel-valves in the maze to get water enough to cross. Check those valves to see if they are completely opened.
- Turn the wheel until water is heard and the wheel stops. luck
Posted By: macmac

Re: Face Noir - 08/01/13 10:49 AM

I seemed to work my way through the puzzles quite well but I'm stuck in the shipyard. I need to exit a blue door which is blocked by a barrel. I need to extract a nail from an old boat nearby. I can access the nail and "wiggle" the nail back and forth, but the nail refuses to come loose. Can anyone help?

Re: Face Noir - 08/01/13 01:13 PM

Try this, macmac:

Left click-hold and simultaneously click continuously on the right mouse button. This pulls the nail.

luck
Posted By: Vova

Re: Face Noir - 08/01/13 04:20 PM

Re Face Noir

Hello all. I need your help. Like Nevine I have also not got M and W on the notebook puzzle. I did replay from my last save (several times) and still there is no M and W. Can anyone help? Thanks

Re: Face Noir - 08/01/13 04:23 PM

Hi Vova, welcome to GameBoomers. A save game is on the way to you.

Re: Face Noir - 08/01/13 10:50 PM

Rushes; I have been click-holding the left mouse button and clicking the right mouse button for 50 times or more. With each click of the right mouse button the nail moves slightly but it never comes out of the wood. Can you possibly send a save close to this part of the game? I think its a glitch...

Re: Face Noir - 08/01/13 11:01 PM

Oh no. frown I only have a few saves for this game, and none of them are very close to where you are right now. Let's wait and see if anyone has one at the spot you need.

Re: Face Noir - 08/01/13 11:15 PM

I have a saved game right after removing the Nail, the only thing is that I have never used this Forum to send anyone something and if I did it was a long time ago and I do not remember how to do it.

One question (please forgive my Q., I am know to ask silly Q.)
Q.: You are trying to remove the 2nd Nail from the bottom, right?

Re: Face Noir - 08/01/13 11:18 PM

and don't click slowly... it only worked for me when I was right clicking like the crazy woman I am.

Re: Face Noir - 08/01/13 11:19 PM

But I need a save.. at Escape the museum.. just can not do these get past parts.

Re: Face Noir - 08/01/13 11:20 PM

Starcom, that's kind of you, thank you. smile

If you could email the file to me initially, then I can forward it on to macmac for you.

First, open up the game folder where the saves for this game are located:

C:\Users\Computer鈥檚 name\Saved Games\Face Noir

Right-click on the individual save file, and select "Send To" and then "Mail Recipient". That will open up an email message with the file attached. Then add my email addy (it's in my profile) and click Send. thanks

Edit: Winfrey, hang in there, let's cross fingers that someone has a save at that spot for you.

Re: Face Noir - 08/01/13 11:24 PM

Save game on the way, I hope I did this right.

Re: Face Noir - 08/01/13 11:26 PM

Got it, Starcom, thanks so much. It's now winging its way across to macmac. thumbsup

Re: Face Noir - 08/01/13 11:30 PM

I am going back to the game.. I watched the video and I was going out the wrong door... duh....

Edit
Found the correct exit... finished the game... good one... except for those...escape these people in the game...

Re: Face Noir - 08/01/13 11:31 PM

Oops! lol Good luck, hope you get through this time!

Re: Face Noir - 08/02/13 12:08 AM

Starcom and Rushes; Thanks a million, the save worked perfectly! Im really happy that Im able to continue this game, its one of the best I've played in a long time...thanks again to both of you!!
macmc

Re: Face Noir - 08/02/13 12:37 AM

You are welcome, wasn't too sure if a saved game from Windows 8 would work on other systems. Now you are probably way ahead of me since I haven't played since that point.
PS: Might be bugging you for SG in the future.

Re: Face Noir - 08/02/13 02:16 PM

Glad that you're enjoying the game again now, macmac. thumbsup
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Face Noir - 08/02/13 10:13 PM

Hello,
I am missing letters M and W from Maseratti's notebook too. woozy
Can I have a save after the puzzle plz.
thanks in advance. wave

Re: Face Noir - 08/02/13 10:20 PM

Haroula, I will send you a save game shortly. wave
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Face Noir - 08/03/13 07:23 AM

thanksMarian wave

Re: Face Noir - 08/03/13 02:36 PM

You are most welcome. smile
Posted By: mj2c

Re: Face Noir - 08/03/13 07:01 PM

The sign of a bad puzzle for me is one were you have the solution in front of your eyes and you still cant solve it - so I vote the doll puzzle "stinker of the year":-)

Could someone please send me a save?

TIA

Re: Face Noir - 08/03/13 07:06 PM

I will send you a saved game - just give me a few minutes. wave

Re: Face Noir - 08/03/13 07:13 PM

Thanks Marian, just received it and am about to give it a go.
:-)

Re: Face Noir - 08/03/13 07:23 PM

Glad to hear it. smile
Posted By: agelida

Re: Face Noir - 08/04/13 08:48 AM

Hello to everyone!

I have tha same problem as proper.No M and W for the notebook.Can anyone send me a save after the cipher?

Re: Face Noir - 08/04/13 09:08 AM

Hi agelida, I've sent you the file. Enjoy the game. smile
Posted By: agelida

Re: Face Noir - 08/04/13 09:34 AM

Thanks a lot my friend!! laugh

Re: Face Noir - 08/04/13 09:43 AM

You're welcome, have fun! smile
Posted By: stephen

Re: Face Noir - 08/04/13 01:24 PM

i found that helped me was to use both hands on the mouse the left to hold down the button and the right to constantly click on the right..

Re: Face Noir - 08/04/13 02:20 PM

Thanks, proper. wave

Thanks for the tip, stephen. smile
Posted By: vaka3

Re: Face Noir - 08/04/13 04:35 PM

Hi! I seem to have a problem while trying to take the batteries from the buoy at the port. Although, it automatically says the flashlight and the buoy take the same batteries, when I try to use the flashlight at the dark area he says "I doubt it will lighten up without batteries". I saw some Youtube videos, I am doing everything exactly as said, but I get a difference response... frown
Posted By: MrMentalD

Re: Face Noir - 08/04/13 04:59 PM

Finally got the ******** doll puzzle solved! I happend to notice that in very small and fine font a text of saying something about script error on the upper left corner appears, when the puzzle is supposed to be solved. If it does, you can't get the puzzle solved.
Restarted the game few times and my assembly is quite messy compared to MaG's and the game accepted it still.

Re: Face Noir - 08/04/13 05:04 PM

welcome vaka,
Did you get the batteries from the bouy first?
Use the improvised stick with hook on the buoy. Take the batteries.

MrMentalID,
Glad you got that doll done! Have fun!
Posted By: vaka3

Re: Face Noir - 08/04/13 08:18 PM

Well there isn't a pile of batteries on the ground to take. I pulled the buoy with the handmade stick, there was the video, he said they take the same batteries, but it won't do anything in the dark. I watched 2 walkthrough videos, I am doing EXACTLY the same moves, but no result...

Re: Face Noir - 08/04/13 09:28 PM

Hi vaka3, welcome to GameBoomers.

Are you close enough to a previous save game that you can go back and replay this part over? This game seems to be a little buggy in spots, and a replay might clear the problem you're having if you're certain that you're following every step exactly as per the walkthrough/videos.
Posted By: Vova

Re: Face Noir - 08/05/13 09:05 PM

Hi Rushes ...Oops! no save game for my problem with the notebook puzzle received yet. Thanks in anticipation.

Re: Face Noir - 08/05/13 09:09 PM

I'll re-send it, Vova. smile Check your e-mail in a few minutes. The first may have ended up in your spam folder?
Posted By: unscarred

Re: Face Noir - 08/06/13 10:59 PM

hey there guys, I have the glitch in the decoding puzzle, letters M and W are missing, any of you would be kind enough to send me a save right after this puzzle ? I can't finish the game without it.. thanks in advance

Re: Face Noir - 08/06/13 11:01 PM

Hi unscarred, welcome to GameBoomers. The save's on the way.
Posted By: unscarred

Re: Face Noir - 08/06/13 11:02 PM

Thanks a lot Rushes, I can finally finish the game!

Re: Face Noir - 08/06/13 11:02 PM

You're welcome! Hope you're enjoying it.

Re: Face Noir - 08/10/13 10:24 PM

Hi,
My turn again to ask for a Saved game and yes, it is for the "Decoding Maseratti's notebook. When the letters come up, I am missing the M and the W"

Thanks in advance for the SG.

PS: Just curious as to why so many HAVE problems with this while OTHERS do not have problems, is it due to Graphics cards? Or where we downloaded the game from?

Re: Face Noir - 08/10/13 10:34 PM

Hi Starcom, the save's on the way.

A random bug, perhaps. think If it was a graphics card issue, I would have thought other parts of the game would be affected also.

Re: Face Noir - 08/10/13 10:51 PM

Thanks for the SG and quick reply, your SG worked like a charm.

And as you say "A random bug perhaps",I hope they fix this bug soon with a patch".

Again thanks, and now I will be able to move on.

Re: Face Noir - 08/11/13 02:58 PM

You're welcome! Enjoy the rest of the game.
Posted By: Advie

Re: Face Noir - 08/11/13 09:06 PM

Hi GBers and Rushes ..

can i ask you to help me to have this S.G (after this notepad puzzle)as well, sol beat this glitch and the game.

Re: Face Noir - 08/11/13 09:16 PM

Hi Advie, I will send you a saved game shortly. wave

welcome to GameBoomers.
Posted By: SlimyB

Re: Face Noir - 08/18/13 12:44 PM

Hello all, I am suffering from the missing M and E in the notebook. If someone could send me a save game for right after that it would be greatly appreciated 馃槉

Re: Face Noir - 08/18/13 01:43 PM

welcome SlimyB,

The saved game is sent. luck
Posted By: galgas

Re: Face Noir - 08/28/13 02:14 PM

Hi all,
i麓m having the same problem with the missing letters (W and M). Could someone send me the saved game just after this puzzle?
Thank you.

Re: Face Noir - 08/28/13 02:23 PM

Hi galgas, welcome to GameBoomers. The save's on the way to you.
Posted By: galgas

Re: Face Noir - 08/28/13 04:56 PM

It works nice!
Thank you Rushes.

Re: Face Noir - 08/28/13 05:04 PM

You're welcome. smile Hope you enjoy the rest of the game.
Posted By: Grommitt

Re: Face Noir - 08/29/13 12:13 AM

I am at the Melville Port. I have used the improvised stick with hook on the buoy. I take the batteries. Automatically, the batteries are placed in the flashlight. But when I go to the dark area and try to use the torch, I get I DOUBT IT THE FLASHLIGHT WILL LIGHT UP WITHOUT BATTERIES.

Please can someone help me?

Many thanks.

Re: Face Noir - 08/29/13 02:06 AM

Check the flashlight in inventory - right click to see what it has.
Then depending on what it says - either continue or redo the buoy part.

Or - you can replay from a saved game. Be sure to examine the flashlight and the buoy first. luck

Re: Face Noir - 08/29/13 03:33 PM

Well I'm still struggling through this one. It's a wierd game, it vears from being a B game to a Z one. The graphics can be very unclear so I'm missing things like doors (yes those big oblong things). I thought the doll puzzle was a shocker until I got to the cylinder one. Again sat with the answer in front of me and I still can't do it. Having said that it's a pretty decent story and most of the puzzles are ok it's just when they are bad they are awful. A real shame.

So, can anyone send me a save for after the cylinder puzzle.

Unbelievable. I go back for another go and solve it straight away. Why does that always happen:-)

Re: Face Noir - 08/29/13 03:40 PM

lol Glad you got through!

Re: Face Noir - 08/29/13 09:57 PM

When I right click the flashlight, it say 'Flashlight I picked up at the port'.

I tried putting the batteries in the flashlight but they do not stay put.

When I click the flashlight on the buoy, it says 'No clue .... At least none that makes sense'.

Why would the flashlight not work on the buoy? If I right click the buoy without the flashlight, the batteries are tried in the flashlight but would not stay put.

Please help or can someone send me the save game with the batteries in the flashlight?

Many thanks.

Re: Face Noir - 08/30/13 01:13 AM

My saves are now unlabeled.

Maybe someone has a saved game for you.

If you want I can send you a bunch of saves and you can check if one of them works for you.

Re: Face Noir - 08/30/13 01:34 AM

Please. My email is EDITED.

Many thanks.

Re: Face Noir - 08/30/13 01:41 AM

Check your e-mail in a few minutes.
I will zip them up. luck
Posted By: Limonka

Re: Face Noir - 09/01/13 01:55 PM

Hello! I've encountered a problem with decoding Marsetti's notebook, there's some sort of a glitch as several letters are missing, so the puzzle can't be solved. Could anyone please send me a save file made after that puzzle?

Re: Face Noir - 09/01/13 02:07 PM

welcome to GameBoomers, Limonka. I will send you a saved game for this. smile
Posted By: Kolby

Re: Face Noir - 09/01/13 02:52 PM

This Face Noir topic has 10 (!) pages so far. I think that's a lot for a new game.
I haven't read all the answers, since I haven't played the game, but I'm planning to buy it soon.
I was just wondering if there are many problems with this game?
Posted By: Limonka

Re: Face Noir - 09/01/13 02:56 PM

Marian, thanks for your help!

Re: Face Noir - 09/01/13 02:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Kolby
This Face Noir topic has 10 (!) pages so far. I think that's a lot for a new game.
I haven't read all the answers, since I haven't played the game, but I'm planning to buy it soon.
I was just wondering if there are many problems with this game?

Kolby, one of the puzzles has a random glitch (doesn't affect everyone) and requires a save game to get past it. There are a lot of requests for the save in this thread, I think, which has bumped up the number of pages to it. woozy Don't let that put you off buying the game -- check out the GB review, if you haven't already!
Posted By: Kolby

Re: Face Noir - 09/01/13 03:54 PM

Rushes,
I have read the GB review, and the game looks interesting.

I found a patch for the german version:
路 Fixed missing voices talking with Malone after the interrogatory at the police station
路 Improved the doll puzzle at Mellville Port
路 Improved the bridge puzzle at Mellville shipyard
路 Improved the museum map at Central Park
路 Improved the matches puzzle at Mellville Port
路 Improved the "Get Smiley drunk" puzzle
路 Improved the cylinder puzzle at the museum
路 Improved the first dialogue with Chon

Hopefully they will release it for the english version soon.

Here's an interesting article about the makers of Face Noir:
Phoenix Exclusive: Behind Face Noir

Re: Face Noir - 09/01/13 04:24 PM

Let's hope so. smile Thanks for the link.

Re: Face Noir - 09/01/13 08:07 PM

Mag, thank you for the saves. I am progressing with the game.

Re: Face Noir - 09/01/13 08:20 PM

Have fun!
Now you have all the puzzle saves. laugh

Re: Face Noir - 09/01/13 10:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Limonka
Marian, thanks for your help!

You are welcome - enjoy the game. smile
Posted By: fatechaos

Re: Face Noir - 09/07/13 03:54 PM

Hi all, I really like Face Noir but I have the problem with M and W missing problem. Can someone kindly send me a save after that part?
Thank you

Re: Face Noir - 09/07/13 03:58 PM

I will send you a saved game.

welcome to GameBoomers. smile
Posted By: fatechaos

Re: Face Noir - 09/07/13 04:35 PM

Thank you very much Marian, problem solved

Re: Face Noir - 09/07/13 04:35 PM

You're welcome. Enjoy the game. thumbsup
Posted By: andrewkourou

Re: Face Noir - 09/11/13 08:40 AM

Hello i have the same problem when deciphering the notebook. Can someone please send me a save game?

Re: Face Noir - 09/11/13 12:27 PM

Hi andrewkourou and welcome,
I will send you the save game in a minute. Enjoy the game. smile

Re: Face Noir - 09/11/13 02:16 PM

welcome andrew!

thanks proper - for the help.

Re: Face Noir - 09/11/13 03:34 PM

You're welcome! smile
Posted By: kjos

Re: Face Noir - 09/11/13 07:23 PM

MaG trying to get past the 2 policemen can't get jack to move. Could I have a save game file. Thanks
Richard

Re: Face Noir - 09/11/13 07:28 PM

Hi Richard, I have a saved game I can send you. Watch for it in your email. wave

Re: Face Noir - 09/11/13 07:36 PM

Thanks Marian.
Richard

Re: Face Noir - 09/11/13 07:38 PM

You're welcome. smile

Re: Face Noir - 09/11/13 07:53 PM

The save worked real good, now on with the game.
Richard

Re: Face Noir - 09/11/13 07:54 PM

Enjoy. happydance
Posted By: andrewkourou

Re: Face Noir - 09/11/13 08:57 PM

thank you very much for the mail. sorry for the delay i just saw it

Re: Face Noir - 09/12/13 12:15 AM

I can't do the doll puzzle before I find the girl in the shipyard bulding. Where is she in the building. I used the dord but didn't help me. Thanks
Richard

Re: Face Noir - 09/12/13 01:12 AM

Hi Richard,

I found this page which shows a screenshot of the girl and events leading up to finding her. Until someone else comes along to describe her exact location, maybe this will help. You need to scroll down the page until you see the last few screenshots.

Re: Face Noir - 09/12/13 01:19 AM

That sure helped Marian,thanks
Richard

Re: Face Noir - 09/12/13 01:20 AM

Great; I'm glad to know that. smile

Re: Face Noir - 09/12/13 04:56 PM

Marian could you please send me a save after the doll puzzle even looking at the video still couldn't get it. Thanks
Richard

Re: Face Noir - 09/12/13 05:06 PM

Hi Richard, I have a save for that puzzle -- sending to you now. smile

Re: Face Noir - 09/12/13 05:13 PM

Thanks so much Rushes.
Richard

Re: Face Noir - 09/12/13 05:39 PM

You're very welcome.
Posted By: JollyRoger

Re: Face Noir - 09/23/13 09:37 AM

I need a save after a notebook puzzle.

Re: Face Noir - 09/23/13 10:57 AM

Hi JollyRoger,

We'll be happy to send you a save, but you'll need to update the public e-mail section part of your profile first. Your e-mail addy currently isn't showing to us. thanks

Alternatively you can send the info to me in a PM message.

Edit: Thanks -- The save's on the way!

Re: Face Noir - 09/23/13 11:09 AM

Ok, I fixed it.

Re: Face Noir - 09/23/13 11:17 AM

thumbsup The save should be with you in a few minutes, if not already. Enjoy the rest of the game.

Re: Face Noir - 09/23/13 11:21 AM

Thanks, Rushes.

Re: Face Noir - 09/23/13 02:20 PM

You're welcome.
Posted By: ladyadventure

Re: Face Noir missing M & W letters too - 09/30/13 03:48 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm also stuck trying to cypher the code in the notebook. It's a glitch I cannot overcome. I'm missing only the M & W as well. Can someone please send me a saved game just after this puzzle?? I would greatly appreciate it.

Re: Face Noir missing M & W letters too - 09/30/13 04:03 AM

welcome ladyadventure,

Check your e-mail for the sent saved game file.
Posted By: ladyadventure

Re: Face Noir missing M & W letters too - 09/30/13 04:51 PM

OH THANK YOU!!! You guys are really the best!
I know I will enjoy this forum. I have been playing smart adventure games since forever.

Re: Face Noir missing M & W letters too - 10/01/13 02:44 AM

You're welcome. smile
You'll meet a lot of adventure game veterans here.
Posted By: oldman

Re: Face Noir missing M & W letters too - 10/01/13 09:02 PM

Color me stuck on the notebook as well. I have no W or M available. Also, where are the saved games kept for this game? I have win 8.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Face Noir missing M & W letters too - 10/01/13 09:23 PM

Hi oldman, I have sent you the savegame. smile

Re: Face Noir missing M & W letters too - 10/01/13 10:21 PM

Thanks, proper!
Posted By: oldman

Re: Face Noir missing M & W letters too - 10/01/13 10:32 PM

Originally Posted By: proper
Hi oldman, I have sent you the savegame. smile

Thank you so much. It works perfectly and I am moving right along.

Re: Face Noir missing M & W letters too - 10/01/13 10:35 PM

You're welcome. Oldman, enjoy the rest of the game. smile
Posted By: pctencza

Re: Face Noir - 10/02/13 03:46 PM

Hi everyone, can someone send me the save for after the notebook puzzle.I am missing 2 letters also. Thanks

Re: Face Noir - 10/02/13 04:00 PM

Hi pctencza, welcome to GameBoomers. The save's on the way.
Posted By: drongo

Re: Face Noir - 10/03/13 05:17 AM

Could I also have a copy of that saved game, as I am also missing the letters M and W in the notebook..

Thanks..

Re: Face Noir - 10/03/13 09:51 AM

Hi, drongo. Check your email for the savegame. Enoy the rest of the game. smile

Re: Face Noir - 10/03/13 11:45 AM

Thanks, proper. smile

Re: Face Noir - 10/03/13 06:19 PM

You are welcome. smile
Posted By: drongo

Re: Face Noir - 10/04/13 01:33 AM

Thanks Proper, much appreciated.. It works great..

Re: Face Noir - 10/04/13 05:31 AM

Thanks, proper.

luck drongo.

Re: Face Noir - 10/04/13 11:00 AM

You're welcome. smile
Posted By: k28d13j11

Re: Face Noir - 10/07/13 05:31 PM

Hello. I am also stuck. I am at the point where Chon drives jack back to Melville port. and am trying to pass the police to get to Sean. may I please have a saved game for this part. for some reason the middle police is always facing at the wall. I can't get him to move and face the water.
so i would like a saved game.
thank you
kathy

Re: Face Noir - 10/07/13 05:37 PM

Hi kathy, the save's on the way.
Posted By: Invo

Re: Face Noir - 10/20/13 09:29 PM

Hi..
I have the notebook bug, the letter M and W are missing..somebody give to me a savegame file just after the quest of encoding?

Re: Face Noir - 10/20/13 09:40 PM

Hi Invo, and welcome to GameBoomers. I will send you a saved game. smile
Posted By: Klytia

Re: Face Noir - 10/25/13 03:31 PM

Hey Guys! So I play Face Noir- and adore it already- but I am stuck at the decoding puzzle because I am missing letters M and W. I observed that a lot of you had the same problem and solved it with a game save you sent one another. Can you please sent it to me also cause I wanna play SOOO badly!!!

Re: Face Noir - 10/25/13 03:34 PM

Hi Klytia, welcome to GameBoomers. The save's on the way to you.

Re: Face Noir - 10/25/13 03:47 PM

Hey Rushes! Thank you SOOOOO much!!!!!! smile smile smile

you officially saved my day!

Re: Face Noir - 10/25/13 03:59 PM

You're welcome! And that's good to hear. wink Enjoy the rest of the game!

Re: Face Noir - 10/25/13 08:40 PM

I've just finished the game and ADORED IT ALL THE WAY THROUGH! Can thank you enough I wouldnt have done without you ( or MaGtRo's walkthrough buhaha)!!! Can wait for FACE NOIR II!!!

Re: Face Noir - 10/25/13 10:28 PM

Glad that you liked it so much. thumbsup Yes, MaG's walkthroughs are a wonder!
Posted By: vellun

Re: Face Noir - 11/23/13 10:28 PM

Hello! I just reinstalled Windows and forgot that the savegames are located in the C drive instead of the drive where the actual game is. I got as far as finding the piece of metal that has FAITH written on it at the Melville port. Can anyone help me out?

Re: Face Noir - 11/23/13 10:32 PM

welcome to GameBoomers, vellun. Hopefully someone here will have a saved game for you. smile

Re: Face Noir - 11/23/13 10:56 PM

welcome vellun,

The closest saved game I have is when the doll is done.
The one previous to that is the docks-police puzzle done.
I sent both saved games to you anyways. Use it if you want.
luck
Posted By: vellun

Re: Face Noir - 11/24/13 09:08 AM

Thank you so much! Now I'm able to finish the game smile

Re: Face Noir - 11/24/13 03:24 PM

Great! Enjoy.
Posted By: Mikael

Re: Face Noir - 11/30/13 01:52 AM

Could somebody please send me a savegame from after the doll puzzle?

Re: Face Noir - 11/30/13 02:11 AM

It's on the way, Mikael. wave
Posted By: SS27

Re: Face Noir - 12/06/13 09:06 PM

Hi, i am also playing Face Noir, but like many others i cannot solve the decoding puzzle because letters M and W are missing. Could someone please send me a save game file after this point?

EDIT: Thank you very much, Marian!

Re: Face Noir - 12/06/13 09:10 PM

Hi SS27 and welcome to GameBoomers.

I will send you a saved game shortly. wave
Posted By: cianty

Re: Face Noir - 12/21/13 04:09 PM

Hello adventurers!

I too am new here and like many others the missing letters of the decoding puzzle brought me here. If anyone would be so kind as to send me a save game directly after solving that I would be super thankful.

Re: Face Noir - 12/21/13 04:18 PM

Hi cianty, welcome to GameBoomers. The save's on the way.
Posted By: cianty

Re: Face Noir - 12/21/13 04:48 PM

Thank you so much, Rushes! That was super quick! Works perfectly. Again, thank you!

Re: Face Noir - 12/21/13 05:28 PM

Great! And you're welcome. Enjoy the rest of the game.
Posted By: medusachick

Re: Face Noir - 09/03/14 03:38 AM

Hello! I need a save game also I assume, since I am having the very same problem as previous posters where I do not have the w or m key. Not exactly sure how I would load a save game from email, so a brief instruction on that would be appreciated!

Re: Face Noir - 09/03/14 04:01 AM

welcome to GameBoomers. I will send you a saved game along with instructions.
Posted By: booooo

Re: Face Noir - 12/28/20 01:49 AM

hello
I can see noone's been asking this for a long time wink but..I need a saved game after the notebook with the missing letters.
I found a saved game, but something's wrong, part of the audio is.. missing or something - you can hear the music, sounds but no dialogue..its kinda messed up.
help please?

Re: Face Noir - 12/28/20 02:15 AM

Welcome to GameBoomers. wave12

I don't have any saved games to offer, but I did find this - hopefully there will be something there that you can use.

Re: Face Noir - 12/28/20 02:20 AM

thank you for the quick reply, but it is what I was referring to.. :/

Re: Face Noir - 12/28/20 03:21 AM

That's too bad. Have you tried writing to Daedalic about your problem?

Otherwise, I will let you know if anything else turns up. Or maybe someone else here will be able to help.

Re: Face Noir - 12/29/20 12:04 AM

I highly doubt someone would have a save of an old game (:
but thanks again for your answer and.. optimism

Re: Face Noir - 12/29/20 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by booooo
I highly doubt someone would have a save of an old game (:
but thanks again for your answer and.. optimism

I agree with you that it's highly unlikely - but we have been surprised here before in that regard. grin
© 2024 GameBoomers Community