GB HOMEPAGE

Tesla Effect walkthrough coming?

Posted By: jimrh69

Tesla Effect walkthrough coming? - 05/10/14 04:50 PM

Mag are you working on a Tesla Effect walk-through?
Posted By: Marian

Re: Tesla Effect walkthrough coming? - 05/10/14 05:03 PM

welcome to GameBoomers, jimrh69.

I haven't heard MaG say she will be doing a walkthrough for this game, but I'm sure she will post here and let you know for sure.
Posted By: MaG

Re: Tesla Effect walkthrough coming? - 05/10/14 05:45 PM

welcome jim,

No. I have not even downloaded the game yet.
I'm sure tons of walkthroughs are in the process.
The 7 possible endings might be a wee bit of a factor for me. lol

I like doing those kinds of games, if I am given time by the developers.

Re: Tesla Effect walkthrough coming? - 05/10/14 06:09 PM

Thank you MaG. I look forward to your walkthrough when you have that kind of time.

Re: Tesla Effect walkthrough coming? - 05/10/14 06:15 PM

Thank you. That's nice of you. Happy gaming!
Posted By: sanford

Re: Tesla Effect walkthrough coming? - 05/10/14 07:02 PM

Thank you Mag. It's always great to hear from you.
Sandy
Posted By: mcc

Re: Tesla Effect walkthrough coming? - 05/10/14 09:13 PM

7 possible endings headscratch and I have not been very careful with my decisions, oh boy

Re: Tesla Effect walkthrough coming? - 05/10/14 10:33 PM

There might be more; I was told that the endings are 7+. Which for a walkthrough writer means too much hairpulling repetition. rotfl
Posted By: Mad

Re: Tesla Effect walkthrough coming? - 05/11/14 10:59 AM

eek eek eek Sounds pretty intimidating to me - and I'm only going to be a player, not a "Walkthrough-er" !! lol lol lol
Posted By: dragonuk44

Re: Tesla Effect walkthrough coming? - 05/11/14 12:11 PM

Im jusst playing and hoping for the besst .Keep dying a lot lol

Re: Tesla Effect walkthrough coming? - 05/11/14 04:22 PM

dragonuk44,
Quote:
dying a lot

how do you do that ? slapforehead
Posted By: bootskitty

Re: Tesla Effect walkthrough coming? - 05/12/14 02:44 AM

I SO HOPE that Mag will be doing a walkthrough. I live for her walkthroughs and rarely buy any game that doesn't have one posted! I love Tex Murphy and I love all of his games, but I like WRITTEN walkthroughs not videos. I have searched and searched and so far no walkthroughs that I can print. Please Mag, consider it!!!!!!

Re: Tesla Effect walkthrough coming? - 05/12/14 10:37 AM

you get other chancees .Quite funny really lol

Re: Tesla Effect walkthrough coming? - 05/12/14 02:01 PM

Hi bootskitty,

I might play the game sometime. It won't be in the near future though. I still have some games on tap.
I am sorry.
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Tesla Effect walkthrough coming? - 05/12/14 02:02 PM

A game with 7+ possible endings is a LOT of work for a written walkthrough, and particularly stressful if the game isn't made available to the writer well in advance of release. Please do be understanding if MaG chooses not to write one for this game. Please don't pressure her. thanks smile

MaG, we cross-posted!

Re: Tesla Effect walkthrough coming? - 05/12/14 02:08 PM

hearts Rushes. Thank you for understanding completely.

Re: Tesla Effect walkthrough coming? - 05/12/14 11:42 PM

bootskitty,

Far from being MaG's WTs but the help within the game is good and can be consulted only when needed and no video of course.

Re: Tesla Effect walkthrough coming? - 05/13/14 12:55 AM

How About just the main Path. The Chelsie path? From Whats been said that's the canon path. Everything else is the icing on the cake.
Posted By: Brian

Re: Tesla Effect walkthrough coming? - 05/13/14 01:03 AM

Originally Posted By: jimrh69
How About just the main Path. The Chelsie path? From Whats been said that's the canon path. Everything else is the icing on the cake.

Being a veteran of the Tex games I can saying many paths are based on how you respond to certain questions and while some of the answers are easy to follow (for example I'm working on a Chelsee) path. So those answer some pretty easy yet I'm unsure if other answers might impact the ending ie whether I was straight and to the point with someone vs in fun Tex sarcastic/puns jokes it might lead to another ending. So I think a true walkthrough will take sometime for all 7? (yet I thought I heard only 5 endings). That said someone did post a playthrough on youtube that I've found beneficial on a puzzle I was stuck on if someone finds they get stuck somewhere.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Tesla Effect walkthrough coming? - 05/13/14 03:04 AM

Originally Posted By: jimrh69

Rushes - one of our Hints Moderator - has already requested that MaG please not be pressured about walkthroughs and we should all respect that request don't you think ??

Re: Tesla Effect walkthrough coming? - 05/13/14 06:22 AM

I agree about that, Mad. No pressure on Mag, please.
Sandy
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Tesla Effect walkthrough coming? - 05/13/14 02:02 PM

Thanks, Mad.

jimrh69 -- MaG has already very clearly stated that she is not planning on playing this game any time soon. If you get stuck and need help in the game -- you're very welcome to post here at Hints and our members who have played the game will do their best to help you. Otherwise -- you'll need to look elsewhere for a written walkthrough for the time being. Thanks for your understanding.

Re: Tesla Effect walkthrough coming? - 05/13/14 02:11 PM

I understand : )

Re: Tesla Effect walkthrough coming? - 05/13/14 02:19 PM

there are a lot of hints etc spoilers on steam .I am stumbling through it getting dead a lot .Funny though .Dont know what ending I will get but doing it my way lol .If Im anything to go by ;;;;;Just like Tex
Posted By: Melia

Re: Tesla Effect walkthrough coming? - 05/13/14 03:59 PM

One place you can get help, aside from here, of course, is the Big Finish website. Go to www.bigfinishgames.com/forum and get on the Tex forums. We get a lot of help there. And someone posted a spoiler that shows how to get to the 7 endings.

Re: Tesla Effect walkthrough coming? - 05/13/14 05:34 PM

I had never played any Tex games and was confused (I am still partially) about not just different endings but different paths headscratch .

Steam has some guides HERE , including ways of getting different endings, that I have not checked because they seem to have spoilers, but if you have finished one path it could be useful to get alternative endings without falling all the time in the same. hardwall

Re: Tesla Effect walkthrough coming? - 05/14/14 08:07 PM

Hi fellow Boomers,
There is one good you-tube video walkthrough which I found while googling "Tesla Effect walkthroughs". I was stuck at one point in the game so I watched the video WT until the part where I was "stuck", and I found the solution. I'm also using the built-in HINTS system which has helped an awful lot. I'm not worried about losing "points".
Sandy
Posted By: ErnestineZ

Re: Tesla Effect walkthrough coming? - 11/04/14 10:32 PM

Is there anything close to a traditional walkthrough for this game anywhere? I really need one to play this game and I haven't quite gotten skilled on the Video ones.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Tesla Effect walkthrough coming? - 11/04/14 11:27 PM

Ernestine, I found a UHS Hints walkthrough here.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community