GB HOMEPAGE

stuck in book of unwritten tales 2

Posted By: opcvop

stuck in book of unwritten tales 2 - 03/09/15 06:18 PM

Hi

This is the most foolish way to get stuck in any adventure game and I really cant believe it smile

Chapter 1 as Wilbur-I have to light the fireplace, but there is not enough time to move all the way to the staff room, before the piece of paper burns out. The reason is that the exit icon (the little door)in the classroom does not show on my screen ,until you are pretty close to the exit anyway. I therefore have to walk all the way to the left (the fishtank) to be able to leave the classroom at all, thus wasting several seconds getting to the staff room. I can double-click past the next room, but I am always too late to light the fire.
As I understand it, there is no other way to light the fireplace,so I would be most grateful for any ideas or perhaps a savefile ?

opcvop
Posted By: MaG

Re: stuck in book of unwritten tales 2 - 03/09/15 06:29 PM

I didn't have a problem with this part.
Try:
- Press space bar to see where the exits are located.
- Then double click on that active location to move fast and be there.
Posted By: mbday630

Re: stuck in book of unwritten tales 2 - 03/09/15 06:50 PM

I had a hard time with this too, until I found out that after you light the paper you have to go to your inventory and light another paper. so, after it is lit, move a few steps to the door, light another paper from inventory, move another 4 or 5 steps to where you want to go, light another paper from the inventory, etc. until you get to the fireplace. It took me a few tries, but, it should happen now.

Re: stuck in book of unwritten tales 2 - 03/09/15 07:30 PM

Thanks for the advice,mbday630,I did not think of that, but it worked just fine.

I wonder if it is a bug or maybe something to do with the screen solution-just guessing.

Thanks also to MaG for his otherwise excellent walkthroughs-could this be a bug in the game or anything to do with the chosen screen resolution (just guessing)

opcvop
Posted By: Marian

Re: stuck in book of unwritten tales 2 - 03/09/15 08:31 PM

Just so you know, MaG is a female. smile

Re: stuck in book of unwritten tales 2 - 03/09/15 08:36 PM

Oh, sorry, my mistake
Posted By: Marian

Re: stuck in book of unwritten tales 2 - 03/09/15 09:10 PM

Originally Posted By: opcvop
Oh, sorry, my mistake

Nothing to apologize for - I just thought you would like to know. wave