GB HOMEPAGE

Nancy Drew - The Deadly Device

Posted By: Butterfly

Nancy Drew - The Deadly Device - 01/30/16 03:40 AM

I am in Gray's Security Office and trying to do the colored squares. I have tried 3 times and since I can't get into the lab door with the card, know that my arrangement did not work. And I can see it doesn't look anything like it should - since colors overlapping should take on another color. I am doing the amateur one. I have remembered to turn No. 7. I do have Big Fish walkthrough, but apparently I am still not putting the colored pieces exactly where they are to go. For instance, where 1, 2, and 3 are, I tried to line No. 3 about in the middle of No. 2, but that didn't help. Is there a trick to it? Thanks.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Nancy Drew - The Deadly Device - 01/30/16 03:50 AM

I don't remember this puzzle very well, but here is a spoiler for it:

Put the pieces down in this order and use the picture to find the right spot.

Click to reveal..

Large pink rec., bottom left corner
Small light blue square in the middle of the pink rec.
Red rec., bottom left corner
Yellow rec., in the middle on the right
Green square below the yellow rec.
Pink square, bottom right
Green rec., top middle (be sure to turn it)
Pink rec. next to the green
Dark blue rec., upper right corner
Light blue rec. in the middle
Large red square in the middle
Large yellow square, upper left corner
Posted By: MaG

Re: Nancy Drew - The Deadly Device - 01/30/16 03:51 AM

I vaguely remember that the placement of the squares be precise. Maybe move the squares until they are located like the wt solution or the paper clue. luck

Re: Nancy Drew - The Deadly Device - 01/31/16 09:06 PM

I know that the pieces are numbered, but am glad Marian gave me another way to do this. Was thinking of trying to place the pieces where I thought they should go and not necessarily in numbered sequence. Thanks MaG for your suggestion too. Hopefully the next time I come back I will be able to say, "Finally."

Re: Nancy Drew - The Deadly Device - 01/31/16 09:24 PM

Good luck. smile

Re: Nancy Drew - The Deadly Device - 02/01/16 01:43 AM

Marian, I did try your suggestion, unfortunately it didn't work for me. So I just went back and followed the walkthrough (AGAIN), and looked at the illustration very carefully and the next time I tried it - Finally! So appreciate the help though. One one thing doesn't work, it's always nice to have something else to try.

Re: Nancy Drew - The Deadly Device - 02/01/16 02:01 AM

Glad to hear you made it through! I hope you enjoy the rest of the game. wave

Re: Nancy Drew - The Deadly Device - 03/29/16 02:06 AM

I'm not sure what I did, but I can't seem to find the part made from the pattern, in the 3D printer. Can't continue on with the game. I know I made a part, but thought I had already removed it, and if I did, I don't believe it would be just anywhere in the game. I have to take that part and go into the Tesla lab and put it in the square hole. Any suggestions?

Re: Nancy Drew - The Deadly Device - 03/29/16 02:30 AM

According to the walkthrough:

Quote:
Look at the monitor on the left and see your creation done on Mason's computer. Click on Print button.

This will take a long time to process. Come back later.

Is it possible that you haven't picked it up yet/it isn't ready yet?

Re: Nancy Drew - The Deadly Device - 03/30/16 01:58 AM

Well, I feel foolish. I had already printed it out once before, but when I was having problems with the game, decided to start over with one of my saves. Couldn't figure out why it wasn't in my inventory, now I know. It still is in the printing process. Thanks Marian.

Re: Nancy Drew - The Deadly Device - 03/30/16 02:09 AM

Now you can move forward again. Enjoy the game.
Thanks for updating us.

Re: Nancy Drew - The Deadly Device - 04/05/16 01:43 AM

Didn't think I would be back, but . . . Nancy has been fired by Victor and can't get Ryan to distract Victor yet. In the walkthrough it says Nancy wants some of Victor's candy in exchange for gummy bears. In standing in front of the desk - Nancy talks to Victor, very short conversation, she sees the key, but there is no bowl of candy on the desk. There is a machine where Nancy has to play a game to get the candy, but there is no bowl in the office. She did talk to Ryan and got the keycard. What have I missed?

------------

Decided to go back again, which was a third time, and had forgotten to talk to Ryan again to get the gummie bears - When I went back to Victor - how about that, a bowl appears. Sorry!

Re: Nancy Drew - The Deadly Device - 04/05/16 02:10 AM

If you can't find the bowl; you can ask Victor for candy after Ryan agrees to distract Victor. Keep us posted.

----- Great that you got the candy.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community