GB HOMEPAGE

Prominence: Official walkthrough by the Prominence Development Team is posted

Posted By: MaG

Prominence: Official walkthrough by the Prominence Development Team is posted - 06/09/16 05:17 PM

Prominence: Official walkthrough by the Prominence Development Team is posted

Thanks to Mike Morrison, Prominence Development Team and Ana.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Prominence: Official walkthrough by the Prominence Development Team is posted - 06/09/16 05:20 PM

Thanks for getting it coded and up on the board MaG! YOu rock! And special thanks to Mike for allowing us to add it!
Posted By: Marian

Re: Prominence: Official walkthrough by the Prominence Development Team is posted - 06/09/16 05:49 PM

Thanks to all involved for getting this walkthrough to us. thumbsup
Posted By: Chief

Re: Prominence: Official walkthrough by the Prominence Development Team is posted - 06/09/16 06:01 PM

Thank you. thumbsup

Chief wave
Posted By: sanford

Re: Prominence: Official walkthrough by the Prominence Development Team is posted - 06/10/16 03:09 AM

Thanks to ALL of our Gameboomers officials, for making this "happen" for us.
Sandy
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Prominence: Official walkthrough by the Prominence Development Team is posted - 06/10/16 10:39 AM

Thanks MaG! yes wave
Posted By: Mad

Re: Prominence: Official walkthrough by the Prominence Development Team is posted - 06/10/16 01:15 PM

Terrific !! Thank you MaG and ALL wave2
Posted By: cg_mike

Re: Prominence: Official walkthrough by the Prominence Development Team is posted - 06/10/16 06:12 PM

Thanks, GameBoomers!

In addition, for anyone who already owns the game and wants to access the PDF version...

On Steam, the walkthrough is easy to find. It's right in the main Prominence Steam directory. Most likely: ..\Steam\steamapps\common\Prominence\Prominence_Guided_Walkthrough.pdf

Humble Store and Widget buyers can download it from the Humble site by going to Purchases -> Prominence -> Choose platform -> E-books

This is the third in our ongoing series of extras for the game. The previous releases were the Prominence Soundtrack (14 songs from the game + 2 bonus tracks) and the Voice-Actor Blooper/Outtakes Reel.

More goodies will continue to release in the coming weeks. Happy adventuring! smile
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: Prominence: Official walkthrough by the Prominence Development Team is posted - 06/13/16 10:14 AM

Thank you all.

Cathy wave2

Re: Prominence: Official walkthrough by the Prominence Development Team is posted - 06/13/16 06:54 PM

That's great - and thank you !! thumbsup
Posted By: Callista

Re: Prominence: Official walkthrough by the Prominence Development Team is posted - 06/17/16 04:04 AM

Hi,

I am currently playing Prominence and I have almost got to the end of act 3. I need to type in the security code to get the fire hazard suit. I typed in Rafe Seccara's ID 92559 and that didn't work. I then went through all the voice mails and a female voice said to Rafe that his ID was changed to his birthday. His birthday is 10.23.76. That is a 6 digit number so cannot be typed in fully. I have tried every combination of the 6 digits to no avail. Can somebody please let me know what the 5 number code is to get the hazard suit. The new walk through does not give the ID number.

Thank you very much for any help.

Re: Prominence: Official walkthrough by the Prominence Development Team is posted - 06/17/16 05:21 AM

Callista,

Just to verify... this is the part that you did to get the birthdate:

Go into your UI and bring up Reitessa’s medical report for R. Secarra to get his ID number, and then enter it into the Security workstation. His security record will appear including his birth date. That five digit code will be used to open the door to the hazmat locker in Propulsion Control. So let’s get down there!

Maybe recheck since it did state 5 digit code.

If still no go - let's wait for a gamer that played the game or Mike might drop in.
Posted By: Callista

Re: Prominence: Official walkthrough by the Prominence Development Team is posted - 06/17/16 01:52 PM

Thanks for your help. After posting to you earlier, I found a youtube walkthrough and got to that point straight away. It did show the birthday as the code number being 102376. I had tried that several times before contacting you. After some 10-12 attempts later, the code did work. I am not sure what caused the glitch. After that, I was able to play out both endings without any problems.

Re: Prominence: Official walkthrough by the Prominence Development Team is posted - 06/17/16 02:20 PM

Wow! Glad you got it to work and saw both endings! smile

Re: Prominence: Official walkthrough by the Prominence Development Team is posted - 06/21/16 09:21 AM

Sorry for the trouble, Callista!

That haz locker keypad is unique in that it doesn't show the numerals that the player enters, making it (unintentionally) harder to know how many characters have been entered. We built it based on some real-world examples of this kind of keypad, and it tested well, but adding visual feedback of the keystrokes to that puzzle would probably have been the wiser choice.

Meanwhile, the code should have been included in the Guided Walkthrough, especially considering that some players
Click to reveal..
may not want to run up to Security and Medical in order to progress.

We'll update the walkthrough accordingly. We'll also change '5-digit' to '6-digit' (and add mention of hitting the <ENTER> key or the arrow on the keypad after entering the number -- which I suspect may have foiled some of your earlier attempts at solving the puzzle).

There are also some formatting/layout issues in that part of the walkthrough PDF which somehow sneaked past our normally vigilant QA team. We must have been doing some hard drinking or something while working on that part of the walkthrough. eek

I'll post an update here when the new revision is available.

Thank you for reporting this!

Re: Prominence: Official walkthrough by the Prominence Development Team is posted - 06/21/16 03:37 PM

Thanks Mike.

Re: Prominence: Official walkthrough by the Prominence Development Team is posted - 06/21/16 07:28 PM

Thanks. Will keep a lookout thumbsup

Re: Prominence: Official walkthrough by the Prominence Development Team is posted - 06/27/16 07:50 PM

Thank you ALL, for providing this walkthrough to us. I just finished "Prominence", and I was able to do it, thanks to all of your help. NOW, onto "Ethan Carter"
Sandy

P.S. I have a new PC now: HP Pavilion, Win 10 Pro, 64 Bit It's about time. LOL
Posted By: Marian

Re: Prominence: Official walkthrough by the Prominence Development Team is posted - 06/27/16 08:22 PM

Happy gaming, Sandy. hamster

Re: Prominence: Official walkthrough by the Prominence Development Team is posted - 06/28/16 04:49 AM

Thank YOU, Marian,
I AM a happy Boomer now that I can play games I wasn't able to play until NOW.
Sandy

Re: Prominence: Official walkthrough by the Prominence Development Team is posted - 06/30/16 05:40 AM

Back to report that the Guided Walkthrough PDF has been updated.

Humble Store and Widget buyers can download it from the Humble site by going to:
Purchases -> Prominence -> Choose platform -> E-books

Steam version is pending. If you need immediate access, I've also posted it here.

Thanks for your patience and support!

Re: Prominence: Official walkthrough by the Prominence Development Team is posted - 06/30/16 08:06 AM

Thanks, cg_mike thumbsup
© 2024 GameBoomers Community