GB HOMEPAGE

Sea of Darkness, Nancy Drew

Posted By: kdj

Sea of Darkness, Nancy Drew - 06/21/16 04:23 AM

Hello there -
Stuck in the kitchen. Have read the walk-through and watched the orders done on a You Tube video. I don't get it.
Either across or a Z. But I run out of boxes/rows.

If there are five orders to fill, do you fill over the top of what you already filled in?
Also, if for example, you are using a "box" to fill an order, and the top order has only one creature/food to click on and place,
and if you move on to the next "box" to fill the second row of orders...there are only three "boxes" - yet there are two orders to fill after the first three orders are done...I guess. Hard to make my problem make sense. What should I do?
(I chose the easiest ones too!)
Thank you!
Posted By: Marian

Re: Sea of Darkness, Nancy Drew - 06/21/16 04:30 AM

This puzzle confused a lot of people, myself included.

One good thing to know about it is that it is entirely optional to do this puzzle - there are two ways to earn money, this being one of them. I made money doing the Icelandic vocabulary quizzes and skipped this puzzle altogether - you don't have to do it in order to complete the game.

If you still want tips as to how to go about it, let me know and I will try to find more help for you. wave

Re: Sea of Darkness, Nancy Drew - 06/21/16 05:10 AM

GREAT! I already did the vocabulary game and earned a bunch of money! I'm skipping the kitchen job - for now.
THANKS!

Re: Sea of Darkness, Nancy Drew - 06/21/16 06:01 AM

Have fun. smile

Re: Sea of Darkness, Nancy Drew - 07/01/16 12:28 AM

Well. I am not stuck in a puzzle, I am stuck in the game. I am missing a gear/puzzle by the secret room on the ship. Dagny is nowhere to be found and I see in the walk-through that she has it? I appear to have all of the sketches but they will not stay after I move them. When I release a piece it flys back to the right where it came from! (That probably means I don't have them all?)
Still have to do the music box. Don't have the coin for the lion head puzzle, no chew toy, and have not opened the door Dagny guards. I am guessing one thing is dependent on the other. Everything else on the task list is checked off.
Could you say where to start among these things to do, so things start to happen? I have used all of the hints for each task. I have talked to everyone I can find. I have re-visited several places.
Thanks!

Re: Sea of Darkness, Nancy Drew - 07/01/16 01:23 AM

Regarding the sketches, you need to move the piece over the matching part already on the board until the cursor turns into a hand and then click - so you have to build from the middle out. Also, you can start putting down the pieces even if you don't have all the squares.

Re: Sea of Darkness, Nancy Drew - 07/02/16 03:27 AM

Thanks! Got it and completed the game.

Re: Sea of Darkness, Nancy Drew - 07/02/16 03:56 AM

Wonderful! Congratulations on finishing the game. wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community