GB HOMEPAGE

Eyes of Ara

Posted By: oldbroad

Eyes of Ara - 07/28/16 03:05 AM

I'm trying to play this but don't know how the controls work at all. For instance, I have a key to a gate but I don't know how to use it. Is there a manual someplace?

Also I picked up a picture but never got to look at it because I clicked and it was gone.

Game looks good if I can just figure out how it works.

Don't know how or if you can save in it either. I don't see anywhere.

Oh, ok. Figured out the key part anyway. Still would like to see a manual.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Eyes of Ara - 07/28/16 03:15 AM

I am not finding a manual. Maybe another player can fill you in on the save and control system.
Posted By: SCOTTY

Re: Eyes of Ara - 07/28/16 03:21 AM

Take the gate key by putting your arrow on it...hold donn the left mouse button & slide the key up to the lock.
Posted By: SCOTTY

Re: Eyes of Ara - 07/28/16 03:24 AM

Oh Sorry. I see you got it!! smile

Re: Eyes of Ara - 07/28/16 03:56 AM

Thanks Marian and Scotty.

I am starting to figure out how it works but I am curious about the saving part. Scotty?

Well, I had to get out of the game so I'll assume and hope it saves upon exit.
Posted By: Upsydaisy

Re: Eyes of Ara - 07/28/16 11:27 AM

Oldbroad, the game does save on exiting. During the game you need to collect coins, blue orbs, photographs, paintings and action figures. When you have beaten the game, the last area tells you how your collections are going. If you are missing anything you have to go back to search some more. No areas are shut off so you are free to wander around at will. Look everywhere(walls, ceilings,floors,cupboards, drawers, shelves)and make sure you have activated the 'hot spot' in settings. Unfortunately you cannot finish the game until your collections are complete.wave2

Re: Eyes of Ara - 07/28/16 02:11 PM

Thank you for that helpful information, Upsydaisy. Much appreciated. wave
Posted By: GreyFuss

Re: Eyes of Ara - 07/28/16 03:32 PM

The things that you collect that you don't see in your Inventory can be viewed by clicking the button on the left side of the inventory menu on the bottom directly opposite of the button you use to exit the game. These things and lists are different for each area so what you see will be different depending on where you are. On a more important note nothing that you collect that you don't see in the Inventory screen is necessary for the game. I believe they are just for Steam achievements and add a sort of Casual Game feel to this game. It took me a while to figure this out and personally I can't stand taking my time in figuring something out only to be given some useless coins, pictures or something else that doesn't further the story or give me something or valuable clue. Bottom line, if you don't see it in the Inventory do worry about it. If you want, you can always go back and try to find everything and attain all the Steam Achievements as so many do like to do after you end the game.

BTW...it is a terrific game for those (like me) who like first person perspective with no NPC's, light on story and lots of things to figure out. At first I thought the game to be quite easy and the way it looked and played I was thinking it to lean more to the Casual or Adventure Lite side but it got a bit more difficult as the game progressed. Took me just over 19 hours to finish but I did have to find help once.

Those who like these sort of games will love Haven Moon also.

Re: Eyes of Ara - 07/28/16 11:09 PM

So sorry, got it wrong! blush I have just completed the game and you DO NOT need to complete your collections. As long as you have all your blue orbs you can finish. Then you can go back and finish your collections if you so desire. I managed to complete in just over 12 hours and also needed a bit of help with the 'bust' puzzle and the 'solar system'. Agree with GreyFuss-super game which you can play at your own pace.

Re: Eyes of Ara - 07/29/16 01:44 AM

Great Upsydaisy and Greyfuss.

I'm starting to get the hang of how it works and as long as it saved when I exited it's all good! thumbsup
Posted By: 8dognight

Re: Eyes of Ara - 07/30/16 03:32 PM

I'm not getting the hang of this splendid independent endeavor at all. The graphics are lush; the notes and bits of diary, intriguing. I wish to continue.

However, largely as a result of the interaction between the interface and my general klutziness, I frequently am calling the game uncivilized names. This in turn upsets the dogs and one leaves the room. I explain to the dogs that they are good; it's the interface that is in big trouble with me or maybe I am big trouble for the interface.

Here's an example from--mind you--the tutorial. I solve the simple generator puzzle pronto. The clue is obvious, as is the solution. It's supposed to be: this is the tutorial. Only what follows is bizarre. What I couldn't do is insert the blooming aphasic unregulator in the designated receptacle. I drag--I emphasize the word "drag"--the solved puzzle from inventory and attempt to insert it ten or fifteen times, only to discover the little varmint is translucent and has reset itself. I don't know why or how I manage to move that solved puzzle into the slot and not have it reset; eventually I do.

What is the trick to solving a puzzle housed in inventory and then using said piece? My dogs will be grateful for any assistance.

Back to Ara, next I am either spinning and seasick or in response slow mouse sensitivity to a miserable creep.

Alternating between cautiously tiptoeing and frenetically whirling, I open several doors and make my way to a standalone puzzle so basic that I begin to consider the philosophical (as opposed to commercial) differences between casuals and regular or irregular adventure games. Nevertheless, this is early times; therefore, basic is appropriate, particularly because I am fairly sure I am engaged in putting bits of a larger whole together. And, hey, there are suits of armor, mysterious works of art, and a walled up stone arch surrounded by stone heads; all delight me.

When the standalone is solved, the room starts to spin furiously either because in desperation I have set mouse sensitivity to high or because the game is out to disorient me. Whatever the cause, the spinning makes me so dizzy I quit the game for a few minutes and totally miss a clue.

And so it goes.

Could someone help with the interface and how to play?

Eyes of Ara is a beautiful game and I would like to play without feeling that I must wrestle with the mechanics at every turn. This is an adventure game, not a pinball machine. I want to relish its beauty and mystery, not swear at a mulish interface.

Re: Eyes of Ara - 07/30/16 03:40 PM

I hope another player will be able to help save you from your plight. Struggling with a game's interface is a game-killer for me. wave

Re: Eyes of Ara - 07/30/16 04:00 PM

If you leave mouse sensitivity on default, then hold the left mouse button down you can move around the room at your own pace - no spinning. If you hold and place an inventory item where you think it may go, it remains transparent if its the wrong place-it'll just jump back into the inventory. You can manipulate items in your inventory, you will need to do this on certain objects. I did find objects disappearing from the inventory when I went to different floors-but this is helpful as items can only be used on certain floors. They just re-appear when necessary.
I also found this game intriguing-I would happily play it again if it wasn't for those horrid paintings, but maybe you haven't faced those yet!! hardwall good luck!

Re: Eyes of Ara - 07/30/16 05:29 PM

I've had the spinning happen once or twice also. Just grab your mouse and stop it ASAP. If you opened that arched door with the stone heads you are already past me. I haven't figured that one out yet.

I hope you'll be get used to interface (or controls as I was calling it) so you can play and enjoy the game.

Re: Eyes of Ara - 07/30/16 05:36 PM

I think controls is a good word to use in this instance, oldbroad.

Re: Eyes of Ara - 07/30/16 07:44 PM

I'm not past the stone heads either. I've turned on one stone head downstairs and one upstairs, the bottom right one on the arch in the mezzanine. I've picked up a shield from the side of the mezzanine reached through the stone passageways and also some rectangles that might be monitors. I am standing in front of the two suits of armor and looking out over the banister. There is a blue light trying to tell me something, I haven't a clue what, about the laser display. When I try to follow its path, I spin. Am following Olbroad's instructions. It's a bit better, not much because then my point of view is usually either the ceiling or the the floor.

Re: Eyes of Ara - 07/31/16 05:49 PM

Another thought about the spinning. Are you just hovering your mouse and moving? I am holding my left mouse button down so I have more control of my movement.

Re: Eyes of Ara - 07/31/16 06:35 PM

I usually am holding the left mouse button, as well. I don't know why some games with movement like this are so difficult for me and some that are more open, and hence potentially more disorienting, seem so fluid and correct, Tesla Effect for example. I have discovered that panning right in Eyes of Ara is easier for me.

I got to some painting puzzles and have reached a dead halt. Give me sliders any day instead. I don't mind sliders.

Re: Eyes of Ara - 07/31/16 08:52 PM

I haven't reached any painting puzzles yet and still have not opened that arched door.
Posted By: UruKat

Re: Eyes of Ara - 08/03/16 02:51 PM

There is a video gameplay on youtube.

Video Gameplay

Another tip I found helpful is to use the scroll button on your mouse to read the notes and letters better, it magnifies it.
Posted By: zookeeper

Re: Eyes of Ara - 08/03/16 05:16 PM

I haven't read this entire thread so forgive me if this has already been pointed out. The spinning happens when the cursor is at the edges of the screen. Bringing the cursor away from the edge stops the movement. I like this navigation feature. At the start of the game I held the left button and moved through the scene that way, but it was awkward since it moved opposite of the direction of the mouse. Then I discovered using the cursor at the edges as a way to move and liked it much better. Navigation is a puzzle in itself in this game! Love the game though. One of the best I've played lately!

Re: Eyes of Ara - 08/03/16 05:46 PM

Thank you both for that information. wave

Re: Eyes of Ara - 08/03/16 07:19 PM

Yes, thanks. UruKat, I did find that information out after posting about it under Flotsam's review. I guess there was a "tutorial" mouse picture about it but I didn't understand it. I thought it meant I could turn the document some way which of course didn't work either. I do think a very short manual would have been nice.

I'm still playing. Not using any walkthrough or help YET for the puzzles, just the controls. (Yet being the keyword Marian.)

Re: Eyes of Ara - 08/03/16 07:24 PM

lol scared

Re: Eyes of Ara - 08/04/16 03:38 AM

I have to admit that I am seriously stuck now. There is something in each of 2 different areas that I just can't get. I see Steam has a hint guide. Not sure yet what my plan is. Done for tonight though!

Re: Eyes of Ara - 08/04/16 04:30 AM

Good luck, and keep us posted. wave

Re: Eyes of Ara - 08/06/16 05:53 AM

Hi Marian. Last night I opened up a new area but did not yet start looking around in it. I am still trying to figure out what I'm missing on the first level. I know it involves a shield. I have spent numerous hours now trying to figure it out but I'm still not giving up YET. duh

I DID figure out tonight what I was missing on the second level and believe I am finished in that area except I haven't found all the extra stuff so...

The game keeps track of how long you've played but I must have broke the clock because it started over again. I guess I've been playing longer than the developer ever thought it would take somebody to play. lol

Re: Eyes of Ara - 08/06/16 02:54 PM

Originally Posted By: oldbroad
The game keeps track of how long you've played but I must have broke the clock because it started over again. I guess I've been playing longer than the developer ever thought it would take somebody to play. lol

There should be an achievement for that - that's an achievement I might have a shot at earning myself. lol

As long as you are enjoying yourself; that's all that matters. You have a lot of determination to figure things out on your own. smile

Re: Eyes of Ara - 08/06/16 08:55 PM

I'm officially frustrated! This new section doesn't seem to have any clues or at least none that I can decipher. I gained access to a computer only to lose it again before I could see what was in it, and don't know if I did something wrong and now am SOL or if this is part of the puzzle.

Had to exit the game. Maybe I need to play something else for awhile.

Re: Eyes of Ara - 08/06/16 09:12 PM

I have found that sometimes taking a break from a game allows me to return to it with new eyes. Not that this works in all cases, though - I wish it did!

Re: Eyes of Ara - 08/07/16 07:05 PM

I ended up looking at the Steam hints but the answer for the shield puzzle did not tell me anything I didn't know. I knew the answer already but just could not execute it, however, the confirmation that I was not wasting my time helped me get the solution FINALLY! I got dizzy doing it, but I did it.

I also happened to see something about the execution of a puzzle on the second level that I had not completed. I didn't realize there was a second step to it. I did not look at the solution but am going back in the game to see if I can figure it out now that I know how to execute it if I do manage to find the right answer.

Re: Eyes of Ara - 08/08/16 09:38 AM

I did find on a few of the puzzles, which involved manipulation in a small window, were a bit hit and miss. I had the correct solution but the action did not happen. I found I had to exit the game and go back and repeat the actions before anything happened. One was the shield puzzle, another was lining up pictures on a cylinder. Perhaps it's all down to tiny pixels!! smile

Re: Eyes of Ara - 08/14/16 05:30 AM

I finally finished the game with almost 50 hours played and that was using the Steam hints and the video walkthrough that UruKat linked to above. The game clock (that keeps track of your playing time) re-started twice on me. I think it only goes up to 25 hours. I clocked more than 50 but some was idle time.

I liked the game but the second half got too hard for me and even seeing the answers to a couple of the puzzles, I couldn't figure out how they made sense, so that took a lot of my enjoyment out of it unfortunately. cry

Re: Eyes of Ara - 08/14/16 03:01 PM

Originally Posted By: oldbroad
I liked the game but the second half got too hard for me and even seeing the answers to a couple of the puzzles, I couldn't figure out how they made sense, so that took a lot of my enjoyment out of it unfortunately. cry

It really bothers me when I see a puzzle solution and it still doesn't make sense to me. Maybe another player could help out here and explain the solutions (in spoiler tags). This is of course assuming that the solutions are logical.

Re: Eyes of Ara - 08/14/16 04:32 PM

Well, Flotsam seemed to think the puzzles were "fair" and I don't see anybody else complaining about them, so I'm sure it is just me. Some of them were just too hard for my brain! eek

I didn't however, have TOO much trouble with the painting puzzles like some other people are. I think I read that there is now a "skip" for those.
Posted By: gamenut

Re: Eyes of Ara - 09/25/16 06:16 PM

I got the game through Humble the drm version a couple days ago. spent a bit of time yesterday on the bedroom rotation picture puzzles and begain again this morning and still no joy...just about ready to stop playing the game and delete it. Which I am fighting because it is a beautiful game and though there've been some 'what the' moments pretty well enjoyed..but these pictures...ugh! have watched online video but no help. and I do not see a skip button...oh please, where is it? I am using windows.

Re: Eyes of Ara - 09/25/16 07:15 PM

I wish I could help you gamenut but there wasn't a skip button when I was playing (I believe one was added later)so I don't know where it is. I can only say that I concentrated on one side of the puzzle and when I got that side solved I moved to the other side. They work together but on 2 of the 3 puzzles, I was able to do it that way with some trial and error and watching what changed with each movement. If you don't like what changed, keep clicking on the same space until it goes back where you started (probably 4 clicks) and try a different space. The 3rd puzzle is harder and more frustrating though so I hope you can figure out how to skip the puzzles if you want to.

Re: Eyes of Ara - 09/25/16 07:40 PM

There's some information here about how to skip the painting puzzles. What I don't know is whether or not this works with the Humble version of the game.

Re: Eyes of Ara - 09/25/16 10:31 PM

I see nothing at all at the Humble site about ANY patches for ANY game.
I did see a twitter post (not on it just saw it at the devs site) about some fixes coming. I think was posted a couple days ago. didn't say what fixes or if will apply to the game no matter where or which version you purchased (I got the drm).
I'd like to know if anyone who purchased the drm version from humble has used/installed the patch from steam (I am guessing that you'd have to set up an account in order to use/download it through them. another mess.
sorry about the gripey tone. but really was enjoying the game (except for not being able to read the letters or pages...print too small. only way I can read them is to go on youtube and look at a walkthrough where they show the letters/pages. Took me forever to figure out how to download the game in the first place. whew.
well, at a stand still I believe until can solve these first 2 twisty pictures. pffui.

Re: Eyes of Ara - 09/25/16 10:41 PM

There's a page here that explains how to tell if you have an updated version of a game, or whether there is an updated version to download.

Re: Eyes of Ara - 09/25/16 11:08 PM

Had to hop back on here and tell you I got those 2 painting puzz done.
I had tried to enter the dates of them but had my paintings wrong..please, don't ask.
anyway...I put in the correct date under the correct painting and it worked. (the paintings do not show solved but they go up and reveal a hole/porthole, whatever)
I also had to use my magnifying glass to read the numbers (and on the book as well).
So...anyone who is having a prob with those 2 painting could try just putting in the correct date with the correct painting (from the book over on shelf on right side of room.

Re: Eyes of Ara - 09/26/16 12:29 AM

Use your mouse wheel on the documents/letters to zoom in on them. I had the same problem and Flotsam told me the answer.

Re: Eyes of Ara - 09/26/16 02:32 PM

I don't have a mouse wheel, have trackball, with left and right buttons-Logitech (red). any idea how to do the zoom using it?
Got to where the 3rd painting was and put correct date in (yep, had to use magnifying glass) and it worked. So-I am guessing the version of this game Included the patch? Well, all I know is I got the 3 paintings done on the bedroom/bath floor. AND I did those green/gold decorative pieces that sat around(don't want to say more and spoil for others.) I was on a roll. played for awhile longer last night but still not got that metal door open. but hopefully more progress later today.
since I was able to get those paintings out of the way am back to really enjoying this game again. I like this type of game, explorataion with really good artwork/graphics AND sound/effects and puzzles you don't have to hurry through..and it just wants to keep tugging you along. Amazing some of the beautiful rooms, but those bathrooms could use some attention! But I don't know, maybe no one has really Been staying/living there for a very, Very, Very long, long time...... and I could not see the journal pages clearly enough to see if they were dated.
I have to say that so far this is the BEST game I have played since the last Jonathan Boakes or Matt Clark or Wm Fisher III (last half of darkness series, wish he'd get back to making those types of games) games. Already feel have gotten my money's worth in enjoyment an hoping that the ending(hope still a long long way off) is not a blah.
AND VERY THANKFUL I COULD PLAY IT ON MY WIN 7, 64BIT.

Re: Eyes of Ara - 09/27/16 03:00 AM

I'm sorry gamenut. I don't know anything about trackballs (not even sure what it is). I did use a magnifying glass until I found out I could use the scroll wheel on my mouse. Very frustrating not being able to read the documents.

So glad you got past the paintings!
Posted By: Murphy

Re: Eyes of Ara - 09/27/16 08:13 PM

Doesn't anyone do text walkthroughs any more???

Re: Eyes of Ara - 09/27/16 08:19 PM

If you are looking for a text walkthrough for the game, you can find a guide here.
Posted By: Murphy

Re: Eyes of Ara - 09/29/16 01:45 PM

Thanks, Marian- Had run across that. Can't find a way to print out that includes the hints, though, and it doesn't seem to allow me to do a cut & paste to a word doc...Just hate having to constantly switch between programs to find out what to do next when stuck!

Re: Eyes of Ara - 09/29/16 06:06 PM

Me too Murphy. I am, I believe at the end of the game...and no way can I figure out the puzzles that are here so will be checking the video walkthrough a lot and that Steam 'guide'...yes agree, aggravating the hints do not stay on the page. or can copy. But I have enjoyed this game very much in spite of some of the puzzles (thankful for that video walkthrough on youtube so much!). This is the First full length game I have bought since the last 'Crown" or Last Half of Darkness or the Barrow Hill games that I thought was worth it! I hope this developer already is at work on another game in this style and is just as good!!!! Adored the artwork and exploring and most of the puzzling and the non-intrusive , but hauting music, the story, and just everything about this game. PLEASE DEVS BRING ON MORE!!!

Re: Eyes of Ara - 09/29/16 11:21 PM

Well, I still liked the game and wish they'd make another...BUT ONE THAT MERE MORTALS will be able to solve the puzzles in....I've been at the 'ending', I think,since a bit after 1p today and have twirled those dials until my eye is about to explode. just don't understand how to solve it and have looked for a step by step Very detailed and none to be found. so, won't be able to finish the game. sad. sniff, sniff. maybe someone at 100 stones will throw us a bone and show us exactly how to solve those last 2 demonic puzzles.
Posted By: sureshot

Re: Eyes of Ara - 10/07/16 07:33 PM

OK- I am now crying UNCLE !! I can't do those spinning painting puzzles - I get so far and get mixed up again - I gave it more than enough shots and time. It's making me DISLIKE this game I started out loving!! This will be a game ender for me. cry mad

I purchased the DRM free version from Humble Store ( Never STEAM ) and I read here that there is a skip puzzle patch but I cannot find it. I have written the developers 100 Stones Interactive - but they have not replied.

Does anyone have the patch and can you provide a link to it ?

Thank you all !

Re: Eyes of Ara - 10/07/16 07:46 PM

A prior poster in this thread who got the game from Humble had this to say:

Quote:
Had to hop back on here and tell you I got those 2 painting puzz done.
I had tried to enter the dates of them but had my paintings wrong..please, don't ask.
anyway...I put in the correct date under the correct painting and it worked. (the paintings do not show solved but they go up and reveal a hole/porthole, whatever)
I also had to use my magnifying glass to read the numbers (and on the book as well).
So...anyone who is having a prob with those 2 painting could try just putting in the correct date with the correct painting (from the book over on shelf on right side of room.

Maybe this will help?

Re: Eyes of Ara - 10/07/16 08:07 PM

DOH ! I saw those number rolls under each painting - I thought they would show numbers AFTER I flipped the paintings correctly. My Lesson - Make NO Assumptions !!

Thank you - it worked like a charm !!! praise I must be getting rusty ! slapforehead

Re: Eyes of Ara - 10/07/16 08:21 PM

Woohoo! thumbsup

And I well know that "getting rusty" feeling. lol

Re: Eyes of Ara - 10/08/16 12:43 AM

Like Alice told Ralph Kramden .... "It wouldn't help if you dipped me in Texas" eek

Re: Eyes of Ara - 10/08/16 01:47 AM

grin

Re: Eyes of Ara - 10/09/16 08:02 PM

Just wanted to know how you are doing with the game Sureshot. Have you been able to finish it? I am going to try and eat some red meat this week and get the old brain cells going and give the end game another try. I have read there are saved game files so I think would have to go back to an earlier saved game (this is assuming I can even find the saved games)and play again and save/exit..more often so would not have to use one that was pretty far back. This is because once I back away from those 2 machines on either side of the telescope the dials on them do not reset. they stay the way you leave them....so when you go and look for info you have to replay back again so you get the ORIGINAL settings of the dials in order for a 'hint' or 'solve' to work...and quite frankly those are really not detailed enough for me(especially the machine on the right.).

Re: Eyes of Ara - 10/11/16 05:11 PM

Hi Gamenut - I have not finished it yet. I must be getting rusty - I have had a few of those slapping my fore-head moments... slapforehead I passed over clues I should have not missed ! I just put those three levers in the machine downstairs and I completely missed the clue on what sequence they are to be moved !! So I backed off to regroup.

I am using 2 MACs to play the game - There are no save games in the usual sense that I can see - there IS a directory that contains the game up to the point you ended playing - an autosave - that's what I copy and transfer between MACs one home and one I use at work ( on my lunch hour of course whistle )

I only get a short amount of time to play since this is a very busy time of year for me. That makes it a bit harder to pick up where I left off.

I am enjoying the game as a whole. I like the graphics and the lack of dialog. The puzzles are good too but I do wish there were a bit more clue details.

I hope the red meat works for you - for me.. I'll just add a little water to my scotch ... lol
Posted By: flotsam

Re: Eyes of Ara - 10/12/16 07:15 AM

Glad you have stuck at it - and the red meat (and scotch) will definitely help!

Re: Eyes of Ara - 10/12/16 04:03 PM

Hi Flotsam -- your well written review of the game is what sold me on it.. I will indeed stick with it. thumbsup
Posted By: flotsam

Re: Eyes of Ara - 10/13/16 06:32 AM

Hi back at you and thanks for letting me know.
I will try and be around a bit more till you finish in case you get stuck.
wave

Re: Eyes of Ara - 10/17/16 02:02 PM

Hi folks - I made it to the top of the tower and I am trying to solve the equation, even with the clue I found I am having trouble - but it got late so I had to back off.

Could I get a hint what the clue to the equation is ??

The telescope puzzle wasn't too bad once I got the 3 ship's wheels to light up in the observatory.

I like the game a lot - the only issue I have is that the after solving some of the puzzles, I found the clues to be a little far fetched. I solved a lot of puzzles by trial and error.

I think I am very near the end !
Posted By: MaG

Re: Eyes of Ara - 10/17/16 02:55 PM

Hi sureshot,

I don't know where you are now in the video walkthrough. Maybe someone who has played the game can help us.
In case you want to see the video wt here and here.

Re: Eyes of Ara - 10/17/16 05:25 PM

Hi MaG -

I made it to the top of the castle tower - I solved the equation and the machine is pointing what looks like a magnifying glass towards the sky... There is a machine to my right but I don't have the triangular "key" for it. I believe that is what I need but I don't know where I missed it.

So close -- I think think
Posted By: MaG

Re: Eyes of Ara - 10/17/16 06:09 PM

I watched 2 segments of the video twice and did not find where the gamer got that triangular (planchette-looking thingie).
See if it is on top of that box-machine. The game is dark on my computer.

Re: Eyes of Ara - 10/17/16 06:31 PM

MaG

I searched there very carefully - no "thingie" there - and I am betting that is the last puzzle to solve too !

help

Re: Eyes of Ara - 10/17/16 06:36 PM

If this is the last section of the game, I found this:

Quote:
Final Area
If you have not yet collected all six blue orbs, you must go back and do so now. Solutions for the required puzzles were covered in this guide as they became available. This section assumes that you already have all six blue orbs, allowing you to continue.

--Above the door you entered through, take a triangle key.
--Read the journal on the desk.
--Click on completed blue constellation. The archway will open.
--Read note next to radio.
--Take triangle key from above door.

Re: Eyes of Ara - 10/17/16 06:43 PM

Ok Marian I will retrace back - I have to use my other MAC - the screen on this one is extremely dark. I will let you know how I do.

Re: Eyes of Ara - 10/17/16 06:44 PM

Good luck. wave

Re: Eyes of Ara - 10/18/16 12:04 AM

Just had to look up ! There are many frustrating puzzles in this game - the last one is no exception to me.

I know what the pattern should be - its the manipulation of those wheels I really wish there was a SKIP for.

Maybe I am just too impatient lately, but I'll give them a few more turns - unless there is a hint on how to solve this.

Re: Eyes of Ara - 10/18/16 12:16 AM

Well ! I got it - quite by accident but I did complete it.. woozy

Thank you for your help and YOUR patience ! thumbsup

Re: Eyes of Ara - 10/18/16 12:30 AM

Great to hear that you were able to move on. wave

Re: Eyes of Ara - 10/23/16 06:54 PM

I had the problem with the 2 puzzle boxes at either side of the telescope when I got to the roof, and as one poster said, the video for that area was so dark you could not SEE the steps taken for either of them. So, never got to solve them and complete the game. Hope you do it sureshot!!

Re: Eyes of Ara - 10/27/16 09:45 PM

I did gamenut - I had a bit of trouble too - I boosted the brightness and softened the contrast on my monitor I was then able to see the screen better.

I thought the game was pretty good except for some clues which were a stretch and a half for me.

All and all though it was a lot of fun - I wish there were more like it.

Give the monitor controls a try - see if you can finish it - you are soooo close !!

Re: Eyes of Ara - 10/28/16 04:08 PM

HOORAY FOR YOU SHURESHOT!!!!! So glad you were able to finish! I will try your suggestion for viewing the video better!
Yes- I hope they do another like this game. I like the exploration and the atmosphere of this game so much. wish they'd make it so we could read the pages and notes. They are not very clear and need to be bigger when we click on them...Really enjoyed the sounds of the environment and music and loved the artwork.
Now you can relax and carve your pumpkin!

Re: Eyes of Ara - 10/28/16 08:29 PM

Thank you gamenut ! I know you will finish it !! Winter is coming and I go into hybernation so I am trying to stock up on games - like this one if possible - DRM FREE !! with little or NO dialog! They are getting hard to find ! cry

Re: Eyes of Ara - 10/28/16 09:32 PM

gamenut and sureshot, were you able to get the ceiling puzzle in the cellar? I still have not been able to do it. Just spent another hour trying with the help of a nice step by step in the Steam forum, but no can do. cry

Did you find all of the extras? I did not, so I missed out on some stuff there too.

Did you do anything with the Halloween stuff that is now available on there? I was only able to get 16 of 18 pumpkins.

Re: Eyes of Ara - 10/29/16 12:27 AM

Hi oldbroad -I think you are talking about the designs on the ceiling with 3 points that rotate? If so, I worked that one backwards... Look on one of the walls - you will see the stationery design "pointing" down to the floor tile. So I started from the one on the wall - then followed the blank tiles backwards to the "next" design. I pointed that one to the one I came from. I just kept going backwards pointing each design back to the one I came from. Eventually, I ended up at the "Starting Point" and solved that puzzle. wink

I finished the game before the Halloween update came out - I don't think I am re-playing it at this point. I was just happy to complete it.

I hope this helps you!! thumbsup

Re: Eyes of Ara - 10/29/16 01:55 AM

Thanks sureshot. I'll give that a try at some point. Kind of disheartened by it at the moment.

Had you found all of the extra stuff (coins, etc.)?

You don't have to replay the game to look for the pumpkins. I don't know what happens when you find them all, if anything. If you have the game from Steam, it automatically updated and you just go back into the game you were playing.

Hey, Thanks sureshot. That tip of yours worked! I got it.

Re: Eyes of Ara - 10/29/16 04:22 AM

Thanks for your help, sureshot. wave

Re: Eyes of Ara - 10/29/16 04:37 PM

Your Welcome oldbroad - stay with it, I am sure you will enjoy the rest of the game as much as I did, and thank you too Marian! thumbsup

I am missing 2 coins 1 statue and 1 or 2 photos but I am happy with that. Maybe someday I might get the bug to go back but for now it's game over for me !! - I also am not a STEAM member or fan so I am not getting the update through STEAM. That's ok though - I am looking forward to my next game, as soon as I find one. lol
Posted By: Uncle Reg

Re: Eyes of Ara - 10/29/16 08:24 PM

Is this Halloween stuff only in the Steam version?

Re: Eyes of Ara - 10/29/16 09:22 PM

That's a good question, one which I do not have the answer to - maybe someone else will know. wave

Re: Eyes of Ara - 10/30/16 12:33 AM

I believe it is for all versions but probably requires a re-download form someplace other than Steam.

I will try to find my email.

Nope. Sorry, I was wrong about that. This is from the email:

Note: The Haunted Halloween update is currently only available for the Steam version of The Eyes of Ara. The DRM-Free and Mac App Store versions do not yet include this bonus content. Both these versions will be updated to include it for next year.

Re: Eyes of Ara - 10/30/16 02:26 AM

Thank you for the info, oldbroad. smile
Posted By: sanford

Re: Eyes of Ara - 11/02/16 04:12 AM

thanks Oldbroad,
I DO have the Steam version, and now the Halloween "stuff" is on my game interface now that it's been updated automatically by Steam. Happy Gaming!
Sandy

Re: Eyes of Ara - 11/02/16 05:54 AM

Have fun Sandy!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community