GB HOMEPAGE

Early Leaves; The Journey

Posted By: The Haze

Early Leaves; The Journey - 03/27/17 03:52 AM

This is a clever and pretty little game. I'm about half way through and having checked a walkthrough I started over. Both times I enjoyed the pictures and the puzzles, but early on; after I find a hook; I cannot get the the paper from the beast near the ladder. I have tried myriad times with varied techniques, but no luck. If I go on, the the hook disappears. Any help as to how I get the paper from the beast?
Posted By: MaG

Re: Early Leaves; The Journey - 03/27/17 04:16 AM

Would the video walkthrough help?

Re: Early Leaves; The Journey - 03/27/17 08:59 AM

Thanks for the thought. There are two. I looked at both and thought I followed them exactly. No dice. I can (and did) proceed without the paper, but I fear I'll reach the end of the game and be one leaf short of finishing with no answer. There must be something I'm missing early on.
Posted By: MaG

Re: Early Leaves; The Journey - 03/27/17 04:20 PM

Fingers crossed - hopefully you can finish without that paper. Maybe it is already in inventory???

Re: Early Leaves; The Journey - 04/10/17 03:40 AM

OK. I finished the game (Leaves) and was really impressed. It's pretty; has many and married puzzles; and was simply fun. I even managed to (Eventually) solve all the puzzles with very minimal assistance. The only thing I couldn't solve was the "Help Puzzle." I know know you need to solve a puzzle to get help, but what does the game want? I never did get it and it doesn't seem to appear in the walkthroughs I later found. Any suggestion before I begin "Leaves:the Return?"
Posted By: Marian

Re: Early Leaves; The Journey - 04/10/17 04:09 AM

I can't find any information on this - maybe another player will be able to answer your question.

I also don't know if a video walkthrough on YouTube would help elucidate this.

Re: Early Leaves; The Journey - 04/10/17 11:04 AM

I found the walkthrough, but it didn't mention the "Help" puzzle. Somewhere on this site someone noted "You have to solve a puzzle to get help," so perhaps they will clarify for me.
Posted By: flotsam

Re: Early Leaves; The Journey - 04/11/17 03:13 AM

I didn't try and solve the help puzzle - I was confused at first when I got a puzzle rather than help, and then thought I may as well just keep trying to solve the one I was stuck on!
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Early Leaves; The Journey - 04/17/17 10:39 PM

The Haze, there is a great explanation in this thread.

I didn't use it because I wanted the achievement.

Ana wave

Re: Early Leaves; The Journey - 04/18/17 03:27 AM

I finished the first game and have nearly finished the second and STILL couldn't wrap my brain around "Help." I think I'm still recovering from turning 70. Thank you for the link.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community