GB HOMEPAGE

Agatha Christie And Then There Were None

Posted By: Penny Lane

Agatha Christie And Then There Were None - 01/24/18 10:17 PM

How do I separate the cheese from the cheesecloth? I've tried using the gears but nothing happens. Am I supposed to have a knife or a tool to use with it? The walkthrough doesn't say. The walkthrough states, "In inventory, separate the cheese and the cheesecloth" That's it! I can't get it to separate. I need the cheesecloth to use on the fruit press.
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Agatha Christie And Then There Were None - 01/24/18 10:31 PM

The gear button right of the magnifying glass combines items by placing the items on the row above the gears and then do a click on the gear icon. Combined items can also be disassembled by doing the same procedure or click the item directly on the gear icon.

I watched a video...are you putting the cheesecloth on the row just above the gears? place it there and then click on the gears or try clicking on the gear itself.

Re: Agatha Christie And Then There Were None - 01/25/18 12:53 AM

That's my problem. I can't separate the cheese from the cheesecloth. It's still one unit.I can't remove the cheesecloth.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Agatha Christie And Then There Were None - 01/25/18 01:11 AM

I can't find any information about this apart from what the walkthrough says - maybe the game won't let you do this until you have done something else first.

There is a video walkthrough on YouTube - maybe watching that would clarify things.
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Agatha Christie And Then There Were None - 01/25/18 02:04 AM

On utube it says you can also just put the cheesecloth on the gear and it separates it, the video takes the cheesecloth and puts it in the row right above the gear.. then clicks on the gear.
Posted By: NDLVR

Re: Agatha Christie And Then There Were None - 01/25/18 02:27 AM

I just pulled up the game and tried it, played just to where you can go to that pantry where the cheese is and it let me remove the cheesecloth. Penny, what Winfrey mentioned (clicking the cheese onto the row above the magnifying glass and gear then click the gear) works.

If you're still having problems, try my walkthrough that I recorded a couple years back, just zoom to about the 23 minute mark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWmIviA7qEY&list=PLrWwuQDIddurXMxywJsKwwoipDOYa_BMs

Re: Agatha Christie And Then There Were None - 01/25/18 03:10 AM

I followed what you said and watched the video but it still won't work. I even went into the pantry to see if that was the problem but no it didn't work. Maybe a glitch in my game? Do you have a saved game right there to send me?

Oh wait! I see what is wrong! There were 2 other items on each end of the bottom row. I thought we only needed the free spaces above the magnifying glass and the gears. So I cleared the bottom row and only put the cheese there and it worked perfectly! Sometimes I feel so dumb but glad when I can solve a problem. Thanks so much all of you for your help! Problem solved! bravo thanks
Posted By: NDLVR

Re: Agatha Christie And Then There Were None - 01/25/18 03:58 AM

I'm glad you solved the problem, Penny smile Enjoy the rest of the game

Re: Agatha Christie And Then There Were None - 01/25/18 03:23 PM

Glad you made it through, Penny Lane. smile

I appreciate all the help that was offered here! wave
Posted By: sanford

Re: Agatha Christie And Then There Were None - 01/26/18 04:31 AM

Hi fellow Boomers,
After reading, this thread, I pulled my old boxed version of this game from my shelf, installed it on my WIN 10 PC and it's running perfectly. For those who are having trouble with the "cheese cloth separation", our Dutch friend Louis, offers a walkthrough of this
game which explains the step by step process to combine or to separate items in the inventory. You can access Louis's thread in "Discussions" here on the GB forum. HAPPY GAMING!
Sandy

BTW: When I access Louis' site my Google Chrome automatically translates the Dutch into English.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Agatha Christie And Then There Were None - 01/26/18 05:05 AM

Ooh, I like that automatic translation Sandy.
Posted By: sanford

Re: Agatha Christie And Then There Were None - 02/04/18 09:19 PM

I finally finished this game, fellow Boomers, with a lot of help from several different walkthroughs including Louis Koot's amazing step by step walkthrough complete with images. I enjoyed playing this game more than I did the first time around.
Now I'm back to Black Mirror 1 which is also a replay for me.
HAPPY GAMING!
Sandy

Re: Agatha Christie And Then There Were None - 02/04/18 10:35 PM

Congratulations on finishing the game, Sandy. Sometimes I find that I do indeed enjoy a game more the second time around. wave
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Agatha Christie And Then There Were None - 02/04/18 11:34 PM

Me too, but unfortunately, not this one. I don't know if my heart just wasn't in it or what.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Agatha Christie And Then There Were None - 02/05/18 04:29 PM

I've played and re-played these Agatha Adventures too - and enjoyed myself yes

But I do think "And Then There Were None" was the least likeable grin
© 2024 GameBoomers Community