GB HOMEPAGE

Carol Reed The Birdwatcher

Posted By: TLC

Carol Reed The Birdwatcher - 02/02/18 05:45 PM

I'm in the house with the camera and battery, I can't do anything with them and have no idea where to use the ladder. Help please. sherlock wavegirl
Posted By: Marian

Re: Carol Reed The Birdwatcher - 02/02/18 06:02 PM

I would try taking a look at Carol's notebook in your inventory - it will give you a hint about what to do/where to go next - see if that gets you moving again.

There is also a video walkthrough of the game here.

Re: Carol Reed The Birdwatcher - 02/02/18 06:12 PM

Thanks Marian. The video kept, not loading. duh

Re: Carol Reed The Birdwatcher - 02/02/18 06:15 PM

I just tried it and it loads for me - it starts at about 30 seconds in.

Carol's notebook should help you, though, too.

There are other items you need to look at/find in the house you are in, as well. I find that using the space bar in each scene ensures that I don't miss any important hotspots/items.

Re: Carol Reed The Birdwatcher - 02/02/18 07:17 PM

Thanks Marian. I'm moving along now. joy And for some reason, the video is working now. hamster wavegirl

Re: Carol Reed The Birdwatcher - 02/02/18 07:24 PM

Good to know. smile
Posted By: RebKean

Re: Carol Reed The Birdwatcher - 02/02/18 08:19 PM

If anyone discovers a problem with that video in the future, please let me know so I can fix it. =)

Re: Carol Reed The Birdwatcher - 02/02/18 09:25 PM

RebKean, I don't think it was a problem with the video. It was probably my computer. wavegirl

Re: Carol Reed The Birdwatcher - 02/02/18 10:11 PM

Originally Posted By: TLC
RebKean, I don't think it was a problem with the video. It was probably my computer. wavegirl

Yeah, perhaps it was. But I just thought I'd say it anyway. They are not great at communicating, from YouTube, so I don't notice everything. =)

Re: Carol Reed The Birdwatcher - 02/03/18 06:22 PM

I just finished the game and enjoyed it. penguin wavegirl

Re: Carol Reed The Birdwatcher - 02/03/18 06:25 PM

I'm happy to hear that - congratulations on finishing the game. smile

Re: Carol Reed The Birdwatcher - 02/03/18 06:34 PM

Thanks Marian. wavegirl
Posted By: Laurette

Re: Carol Reed The Birdwatcher - 02/13/18 11:33 PM

I started the game about 1-1/2 weeks ago, and stopped to play others. Just got back to it today. Notebook says: something like: get in touch with Stephan Habler. Who is he, and what location?

Thank you!

Re: Carol Reed The Birdwatcher - 02/13/18 11:53 PM

Apart from referring you to the video walkthrough, I am unable to offer assistance here, so let's wait for another player.

Re: Carol Reed The Birdwatcher - 02/14/18 12:04 AM

I did look at the video w/t and they switched very quickly to a man in a fancy robe! Where? Good grief. Miss the good old days of written w/t's.!

Thank you, Marian.

Re: Carol Reed The Birdwatcher - 02/14/18 12:10 AM

Not sure what you did before this, but if memory serves, you look around the "mushroom" place, and when you've found two things there, you talk to Stina who directs you to him.

Re: Carol Reed The Birdwatcher - 02/14/18 12:41 AM

Thank you RebKean. I just finished painting the sculpture and am supposed to show it to Stephan.

Found him! thanks.
Posted By: Marinus_Louis

Re: Carol Reed The Birdwatcher - 02/14/18 08:22 AM

Hi

Lately I recieved a couple of request to do an English text walkthrough for the game Carol Reed The Birthwatcher. I have the game, but I'm in doubt about making a walkthrough for it. The Carol Reed games Profound Red and The Birthwatcher have I good hintsystem and because of it, it seems to me a waste of time and effort to do a walkthrough for them. I'm I wrong in thinking this?

Marinus_Louis
Posted By: aretha

Re: Carol Reed The Birdwatcher - 02/14/18 09:35 AM

The late great Len Green added invaluable geographical directions to his walkthroughs, as did Magtro. I would love a walkthrough so I can relax and enjoy the scenery instead of tearing my hair out and getting lost in large locations. Maybe that's just me. I appreciate that you are considering a walkthrough Marinus Louis.

Re: Carol Reed The Birdwatcher - 02/14/18 09:59 AM

Hi Aretha

I didn't know that Len Green isn't with us anymore....I'm sorry to read this. But I did detailed walkthroughs for all Carol Reed games as well, except the first two. All of those Carol Reed walkthroughs have lots of screenshots that shows the player where to go. I still have the walkthroughs for Carol Reed 9 Cold Case Murder, Carol Reed 10 Bosch's Damnation, Carol Reed 11: Shades of Black and Carol 12: Profound Red on my site

The Profound Red walkthrough has currently only screenshots but no text because when I was playing it I felt that because of the hint system I was wasting my time on that walkthrough. But I put it on my site anaways so that players good use the screenshots and write the text (English or Dutch), between them. Nobody has ever responded on this, so appearently nobody seems to be interested in a walkthrough for Profound Red.

Marinus_Louis

Re: Carol Reed The Birdwatcher - 02/14/18 12:29 PM

It is just me then blush I've used Gameboomers walkthrough for Profound Red. The Birdwatcher can be my first Carol Reed without a written walkthrough. And I'm sorry that I was the bearer of bad news. Len was a loss to gaming.

Re: Carol Reed The Birdwatcher - 02/14/18 04:18 PM

I do not see any good games coming out soon for witch I would like to make a walkthrough...The only game that comes close is the 13th Doll but that's not coming soon. So if more players want a text Wt for Profound Red and The Birthwatcher then I could do them. I've got both games and for Profound Red I've already made all the screenshots. I can probably do them in English to. Currently I'm working on walkthroughs for Lighthouse and The House of DaVinci but after that I could do the Carol Reed Wt's....

Marinus_ louis

Re: Carol Reed The Birdwatcher - 02/14/18 04:28 PM

Thank you for offering urock
Posted By: Mikael

Re: Carol Reed The Birdwatcher - 02/14/18 09:46 PM

I constantly get questions about a text walkthrough for The Birdwatcher. That no one asks for a text walkthrough for Profound Red, Marinus Louis, is most likely because we already have an excellent one by Marita here on Gameboomers. As Aretha points out, directions and such are omitted in the in-game hint system, and people occasionally get stuck for other reasons as well - the questions in this very thread is an example of that.

There is an equally excellent video walkthrough for The Birdwatcher, by RebKean. Some people don't like video walkthroughs however. Text walkthroughs also have the advantage that you can search for a specific term to find the exact spot where you got stuck, and therefore don't have to read through several passages of spoilers before finding what you're looking for.

If you do decide to write a walkthrough The Birdwatcher, Marinus Louis, I will assist you in any possible way.

Re: Carol Reed The Birdwatcher - 02/15/18 09:31 AM

Well....If all those existing Carol Reed walkthroughs are so excellent why shout a bother to do an other one?

Marinus_Louis

Re: Carol Reed The Birdwatcher - 02/15/18 02:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Marinus_Louis
Well....If all those existing Carol Reed walkthroughs are so excellent why shout a bother to do an other one?

Marinus_Louis

I don't understand what you mean? There is no written WT for the latest one, but there are good ones for all the earlier games. I made a video, but some don't like videos.
Perhaps you can explain what you meant with this reply?

Re: Carol Reed The Birdwatcher - 02/15/18 05:15 PM

Hi RebKean

Perhaps this make sense...."I realy do not like to invent something anew what's already has been invented", in other words...I do not see why I should do English Wt's when those Wt's already are there, but........

........Since I've become a member here at gameboomers, not so long ago, people here have discover my site and my Dutch walkthroughs and some of them have asked me if I could translate some of the WT's in English. A few of those request were about the Carol Reed Wt's 9, 10, 11 and 12. But now I know that there are already English Wt's for those Carol Reed games, why should I take the trouble to translate the Dutch Wt's in English.....thats what I meant with "do an other one"

As for a Birthwatchers WT......we shall see. I have the game but I'm not ready to play it just yet. But I invite everybody who reads this to do there own English Wt fot The Birthwatcher....

Marinus_Louis

Re: Carol Reed The Birdwatcher - 02/15/18 07:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Marinus_Louis
Hi RebKean

Perhaps this make sense...."I realy do not like to invent something anew what's already has been invented", in other words...I do not see why I should do English Wt's when those Wt's already are there, but........

........Since I've become a member here at gameboomers, not so long ago, people here have discover my site and my Dutch walkthroughs and some of them have asked me if I could translate some of the WT's in English. A few of those request were about the Carol Reed Wt's 9, 10, 11 and 12. But now I know that there are already English Wt's for those Carol Reed games, why should I take the trouble to translate the Dutch Wt's in English.....thats what I meant with "do an other one"

As for a Birthwatchers WT......we shall see. I have the game but I'm not ready to play it just yet. But I invite everybody who reads this to do there own English Wt fot The Birthwatcher....

Marinus_Louis

I didn't know that you had requests for earlier Carol Reed games. I thought we were talking about "The Birdwatcher", which has no written WT.
So thats why I didn't understand your reply.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community