GB HOMEPAGE

Timelapse - oldie but goodie...maybe

Posted By: MooeyG

Timelapse - oldie but goodie...maybe - 11/17/18 11:51 PM

I downloaded this game from GOG. I had to resort to an old Gameboomers walkthrough to find and acquire the camera, and have the same glitch the GOG team warned about. That is not so much, but I can't light the lantern. I can pick up the matches, but the cursor does not turn into a "hand" to indicate I can do something. I thought maybe it was unavailable because I had not retrieved the camera, or activated the stone idols' icons. After I got the camera, and got the idols to display their icons, I went to the camp and picked up the matches, and STILL can't get to the lantern. There is no icon change at all. If anyone is or has played this game recently, am I doing something wrong?
Posted By: Marian

Re: Timelapse - oldie but goodie...maybe - 11/18/18 12:02 AM

Let's wait and see if someone who has played the game is able to help you. I haven't played the game, so walkthroughs are the only things I can suggest.

There's a video walkthrough here which might be of help.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Timelapse - oldie but goodie...maybe - 11/18/18 12:30 AM

Besides the Gameboomers walkthrough and the video walkthrough Marian found, there is a walkthrough at BalmoralSoftware
http://balmoralsoftware.com/timelaps/timelaps.htm
Posted By: MooeyG

Re: Timelapse - oldie but goodie...maybe - 11/18/18 01:10 AM

That did it. I was looking to light the WRONG lamp! Apparently after I get the matches, I have to look for the cave. At the cave's entrance is another lamp and I light that. No wonder. I also have to go back and pick up the journal. I forgot just how much walking around in all directions, and exploring everything these early adventure games required. Whew! Love it anyway.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Timelapse - oldie but goodie...maybe - 11/18/18 01:17 AM

Glad that helped. wave
Posted By: Tally Ho

Re: Timelapse - oldie but goodie...maybe - 12/01/18 05:14 PM

Enjoy!! This game was always included in my 'favorites' list. There's nothing else quite like it.

(Edit)
Just thought of one caution - there is a slider-type puzzle in the Mayan section of the game -
Be sure to create a saved game before you start that puzzle. The starting configuration is random, and half the time it is not possible to solve; the other half of the time it is possible. You might need to replay the puzzle without going way back.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community