GB HOMEPAGE

Still Life II Savegames

Posted By: linda texel

Still Life II Savegames - 01/28/19 03:21 PM

Where can I find the savegames? Can't find them in the Still Life game map. And not in the Document.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Still Life II Savegames - 01/28/19 04:08 PM

Are you playing the game from a CD? Or from a GOG or Steam download, or somewhere else?
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Still Life II Savegames - 01/28/19 04:30 PM

And are you playing in XP or in Windows 7, 8, or 10.
XP usually puts saves in My Documents.
Later Windows usually put them in a subfolder of AppData, but they can be in other places too.

Re: Still Life II Savegames - 01/28/19 10:49 PM

Windows 7, tryed the app data folder but notting, also Documents. Game is from a Original CD from Iceberg Interactive.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Still Life II Savegames - 01/28/19 10:57 PM

Silly as it sounds, I have found some of the games I play in Win7 have sent saves to a folder just called "Saved Games" - on the drive where I have the game installed !!
Posted By: Marian

Re: Still Life II Savegames - 01/29/19 12:03 AM

This website here provides a little information.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Still Life II Savegames - 01/29/19 12:04 AM

There will be nothing directly in the AppData folder.
Saves will be in a subfolder of one of the subfolders of one of the subfolders of the AppData folder. For example,
C:\Users\your-username\AppData\Local\publisher or developer name\game name
C:\Users\your-username\AppData\LocalLow\publisher or developer name\game name
C:\Users\your-username\AppData\Roaming\publisher or developer name\game name

As Mad says, another possible location is a subfolder of the Saved Games folder in your user folder
C:\Users\your-username\Saved Games\publisher or developer name\game name

There are other locations too. For example
C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\...
which is in the AppData folder but game and developer name are buried deeper than the Local, LocalLow, or Roaming folders.

You'll also find some game saves under the name of the game engine instead of the publisher or developer.

Sometimes you can figure out where they're located with a Windows search by date and time. Make a save, exit the game, and do a search for new or changed files to see if you can figure it out.

Very rarely you'll find something in your users Documents folder. I have saves from Puzzle Agent in a Telltale Games folder in C:\Users\username\Documents\Telltale Games\Puzzle Agent
but that was from an earlier version of the game than the current one.

It makes me nostalgic for the days of Windows 95/98 when saves would almost always be in the game folder.

Hopefully the link Marian found will help somewhat. At one point I found a list of all the possible save game locations, but I'm not finding it now.

Re: Still Life II Savegames - 01/29/19 04:21 PM

Thanxs, found it!! User - My Name - App Data - Local - Virtual Store - Prog. Files ( x86).... and Bingo, got it!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community