GB HOMEPAGE

Crime Stories: From the Files of Martin Mystere

Posted By: oldbroad

Crime Stories: From the Files of Martin Mystere - 03/08/19 12:26 AM

Is it possible to give me a push in the right direction? I'm at the dead Professor's but cannot get past any of the guards/forensic people. I have been in the housekeepers room and opened/emptied her trunk and looked at the painting and what it says. I've also looked at the Professor's desk where he had an open book and where I picked up the sharp letter opener which I used in the housekeepers room. Pretty much stuck now.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Crime Stories: From the Files of Martin Mystere - 03/08/19 12:35 AM

If you are where I think you are, if you exit the housekeeper's room there is a door guarded by a policeman who won't let you in unless you have an ID. From here, you need to click on the map and go to a different location in order to obtain it.

Re: Crime Stories: From the Files of Martin Mystere - 03/08/19 01:00 AM

Okay, I will work on that then.

Thanks Marian! wave

Re: Crime Stories: From the Files of Martin Mystere - 03/08/19 01:32 AM

Good luck. Give it a try and see what happens. smile

Re: Crime Stories: From the Files of Martin Mystere - 03/08/19 04:36 AM

I got it Marian and am in Mexico now. I had used the map to check out the other 2 locations on it but didn't think anything would be different back at "home" so I didn't go there. Wrong! I forgot I received a phone call from a worker doing something there.

Thanks again and I will let you know if/when I need another push or finish the game.

Re: Crime Stories: From the Files of Martin Mystere - 03/08/19 02:34 PM

That sounds really good, oldbroad. Have fun. smile

Re: Crime Stories: From the Files of Martin Mystere - 03/12/19 05:13 AM

I guess I need another push as I am getting bored wandering around. I left Mexico because Professor Alexander would not talk to me. I cannot go back there. My in game notes say that I have to gain his confidence, find out more about Professor Eulenberg, and the mysterious sent parcels.

I remember a phone call about parcels but that's it.

I've been to the Donovan SC Museum and spoke with Erika.

I cannot get into the Blue Rose because the pass Barney gave me is for a woman (hm, maybe I should try to dress as a woman). Barney has closed shop.

I have found a secret passage in Professor Eulenberg's office but I wont' go in it???? I thought investigating was the point!

I don't know what to do. (Just tried woman dressing but that didn't work.)

Thanks!

Re: Crime Stories: From the Files of Martin Mystere - 03/12/19 02:36 PM

You need to get a hold of three boxes. Do you have one in your inventory that Uben gave you? The other two are in another location.

If this doesn't make sense as a next step, please let me know and I will backtrack.

Re: Crime Stories: From the Files of Martin Mystere - 03/12/19 04:13 PM

Uben didn't give me anything. He wouldn't talk to me. He doesn't believe me. I meant to write that I think I am in Act 4 (at least when I load my game, that's what it shows).

Re: Crime Stories: From the Files of Martin Mystere - 03/12/19 04:34 PM

Maybe looking here will give you the nudge that you need. I don't want to inadvertently give out spoilers so let's try this approach and see if it helps.

Re: Crime Stories: From the Files of Martin Mystere - 03/12/19 04:46 PM

Ah, okay. Thanks Marian!

Re: Crime Stories: From the Files of Martin Mystere - 03/12/19 05:01 PM

Good luck!

Re: Crime Stories: From the Files of Martin Mystere - 03/13/19 03:46 AM

I did my best not looking at too many hints and did find some stuff I had missed, but, I still missed the important stuff so ended up looking at more than I should have had to. My brain had the right idea of what I was supposed to do; I just wasn't looking at everything (as usual).

Re: Crime Stories: From the Files of Martin Mystere - 03/17/19 06:51 AM

Another game down!

Thanks again Marian!

Re: Crime Stories: From the Files of Martin Mystere - 03/17/19 01:41 PM

You are most welcome! Another game completed. thumbsup
Posted By: JDE

Re: Crime Stories: From the Files of Martin Mystere - 03/19/19 07:58 PM

Hello, where can I buy this game?

Re: Crime Stories: From the Files of Martin Mystere - 03/19/19 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by JDE
Hello, where can I buy this game?

Here's
one suggestion.
Posted By: dorish

Re: Crime Stories: From the Files of Martin Mystere - 03/20/19 01:12 PM

Has anyone played this on a Windows 7 64 bit computer ?

Doreen

Re: Crime Stories: From the Files of Martin Mystere - 03/20/19 02:39 PM

I haven't tried, Doreen. I couldn't find any info from googling, either, but if I find something I will edit this post.

Re: Crime Stories: From the Files of Martin Mystere - 03/20/19 05:25 PM

I played in XP, not Win 7. I didn't even try it in Win 7 so I don't know if it works there or not.

Re: Crime Stories: From the Files of Martin Mystere - 03/20/19 05:34 PM

Someone in a review was saying that they could not get it to work on their 64-bit system, but that doesn't necessarily mean that someone else wouldn't be able to get it working.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community