GB HOMEPAGE

The Messenger

Posted By: oldbroad

The Messenger - 04/04/19 03:50 AM

Hi Marian.
I am attempting to play this game in my XP. I'm in 1377 (still at the beginning of the game). I don't want an answer to the puzzle I'm stuck at but am wondering if I missed a clue to it somewhere or if I am just supposed to "know" something or click buttons until I get it. I'm trying to open a door that has planet symbols on it.
Thanks.
Posted By: Marian

Re: The Messenger - 04/04/19 03:54 AM

If the courtyard is where you are trying to open the door with planet symbols then yes, there is a clue in the game for it.

Just as a point of interest, I read somewhere online someone saying that the game runs for them on Windows 7. I haven't tried it myself, but I made a mental note of that so that I could try it out in the future.

Re: The Messenger - 04/04/19 04:24 AM

Thanks Marian. I went back through again and found a key to a different door that I had somehow missed picking up before, so maybe in this new area I will find the clue or get closer to it anyway.

I didn't try it in Windows 7 so I don't know if it works or not.

The game seem pretty good so far.

Re: The Messenger - 04/04/19 04:37 AM

I hope you have fun with it. wave

Re: The Messenger - 04/05/19 03:19 AM

I finally came across the clue for that door, but of course, now I need a key. lol Every time I think I'm getting somewhere, I get stuck again. I am, however, enjoying the game so far!

Re: The Messenger - 04/05/19 03:28 AM

That's good to hear. I remember when the game came out, several people here saying they really liked it. smile
Posted By: Uncle Reg

Re: The Messenger - 04/05/19 05:11 AM

I think I remember playing it on Windows 7, and the Windows 7 thread on the Glitches forum says:

The Messenger is playing for carlahelp on her Win 7 Professional

Re: The Messenger - 04/17/19 01:17 AM

I finished this game tonight. For the most part I liked it but I wish it had sub titles as I had trouble understanding what was being said. To top that off, I was having some "sticking/stuttering" which made it worse. One crash to desktop. I didn't really understand the story much but most of the gameplay was good though.

Re: The Messenger - 04/17/19 01:20 AM

Thanks for that info, Uncle Reg. Good to know the game works on Windows 7.

Congratulations on finishing, oldbroad. smile
© 2024 GameBoomers Community