GB HOMEPAGE

Website Text Walkthroughs

Posted By: Lion_1251

Website Text Walkthroughs - 07/23/19 01:32 PM

Louis has to decide if he prolongs his contract with the webhost, he has to do that in the next 2 weeks.
We are wondering how many people are using our text walkthroughs, English and Dutch.
When I look at the replies there are lots of views but there are just a few people that reply, good or bad replies. And that are always the same people, thank you very much.

If that are the only users than we can better stop writing walkthroughs, we buy our own games and it takes a lot of time to write them and making the screenshots.

You can read the statement of Louis on his website: www.pcgameswalkthroughs.nl.

Let Louis know how many people are using the walkthroughs so that he can decide what to do.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Website Text Walkthroughs - 07/23/19 05:10 PM

Thanks for the info Lion. I have sent an email with my "vote" to keep the website going!
Posted By: Mad

Re: Website Text Walkthroughs - 07/23/19 06:13 PM

I have, too !! thumbsup
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Website Text Walkthroughs - 07/24/19 04:18 PM

@Louis, I hope you don’t mind me saying that I think you do a great disservice to the very hard work of yourself & Lion by not allowing direct links to your walkthroughs.

None of your walkthroughs will show up using a search function to find a specific one & as such there could be hundreds of gamers + that use e.g. Google as an alternative to finding the info on adventure game sites who will never come across your site in the first place.
It would surprise me if text walkthroughs really aren’t that popular anymore & it’s just because of the relative ease of producing a video walkthrough there are many more of them. I find them useful to watch how a particular action scene or puzzle works otherwise it’s much easier in a text walkthrough to pinpoint where you’ve got stuck particularly in the case of a non-linear game.

Originally Posted by Lion_1251

..........We are wondering how many people are using our text walkthroughs, English and Dutch.
When I look at the replies there are lots of views but there are just a few people that reply, good or bad replies. And that are always the same people, thank you very much.

If that are the only users than we can better stop writing walkthroughs.........

It does seem a shame that the future of Louis’ site rests on how many emails he’ll get along with the ‘too few’ posters as I truly think this is a very unreliable measure of how many gamers have actually accessed & will continue to access the walkthroughs. You have to take into account that only a very small fraction of people out of those that browse a site ever seem to post on any forum.

Over 20,000 people have viewed the thread so I’m guessing that even if only 1% of those used the walkthroughs that’s 200 people although just a handful of them have given any feedback.

I hope Louis keeps the site as it's such a great resource to lose.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Website Text Walkthroughs - 07/24/19 04:26 PM

Chrissie, I am not sure that Louis will be reading this thread, so be sure to also email him your post, which I think makes some excellent points.
Posted By: Iurii

Re: Website Text Walkthroughs - 07/24/19 04:40 PM

I have written Louis as well!
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Website Text Walkthroughs - 07/24/19 05:12 PM

I agree with Chrissie that if the walkthrough/website doesn't come up during a "search" nobody will be aware of it, and also, many people use/read sites but don't post comments.
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Website Text Walkthroughs - 07/24/19 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Marian
Chrissie, I am not sure that Louis will be reading this thread, so be sure to also email him your post, which I think makes some excellent points.

Thanks Marian, I've sent a copy of my post to Louis.
Posted By: Lion_1251

Re: Website Text Walkthroughs - 07/30/19 06:45 AM

Louis reads post on Gameboomers, not every day but he reads them.

After the remarks of chrissie Louis has decided that members can link directly to specific walkthroughs, he is no longer against this.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Website Text Walkthroughs - 07/30/19 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Lion_1251
Louis reads post on Gameboomers, not every day but he reads them.

After the remarks of chrissie Louis has decided that members can link directly to specific walkthroughs, he is no longer against this.

That's wonderful news, Lion_1251. And I'm sure the website will greatly benefit thumbsup
Posted By: Tally Ho

Re: Website Text Walkthroughs - 08/23/19 10:26 PM

Louis and Lion - keep up the good work. You may or may not know, but I have written MANY walkthroughs, and sometimes wondered if anybody bothered to use them. But over time, enough feedback came from the users that I know it was worth all the work.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community