GB HOMEPAGE

dracula #2 the last sanctuary

Posted By: deleterman

dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/09/19 02:36 AM

just started the game , need to fined the large metal box, how do i get it ? the walk through i have on the 1st page = below nothing can stop me now. nothing and no one is blank. so far i got the oil can, round knob from pool,i think i got 4 round knobs , i did go inside the house and got a few things out of the film cans . i saved it there. please send help soon...
Posted By: Marian

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/09/19 02:43 AM

From the walkthrough:

CARFAX:

In inventory, there is a key and a gun.

Gardens: Before going inside, take a look around the gardens. To the left you will find a large metal box with a wire hinged top and a couple of pipes at the sides.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/09/19 03:07 AM

You don't "get" the large metal box - it's not an inventory item. But you will need to do some things with it later. You have a lot more exploring to do upstairs. The walkthrough tells you what to do.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/09/19 03:04 PM

great -thanks. well hope that i'm on the right track = in the house - second upstairs room with my buddy Pibody.. this is where i saved the game like it said..is this ok ??

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/09/19 09:58 PM

I am sure it is. It's always good to have multiple saved games to fall back on.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/09/19 10:52 PM

now I have a question - where on youtube can i find this part that i'm playing ?? any thoughts ?

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/09/19 11:00 PM

I think the entire game is in this video walkthrough here.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/10/19 01:38 AM

As the walkthrough says, SAVE before Pibody! This is where you encounter your first bat-monster. You need to quickly shoot the lock on the door. Make sure you have loaded the bullets into the gun in your inventory.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/10/19 01:42 AM

well at the part where i just filled the pool , heading to the sewer now , I guess that i'm on track .

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/10/19 01:48 AM

Sounds good.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/10/19 01:56 AM

You are definitely on track! Have fun in the sewers!

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/10/19 04:44 PM

yikes - that was cool ,out of the sewer and in highgate cemetery , looking for entrance gate to cemetery,,,

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/10/19 04:58 PM

I loved Highgate Cemetery... I would go there just to listen to the spooky sounds!

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/10/19 05:02 PM

great..I guess that i'm on track.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/16/19 12:39 AM

yikes, now at the asylum - at the anti-vampire system . done every thing up to the part where i need to replace the antenna with tuning fork...can't take the antenna . I have the tuning fork.what do i have to do ???

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/16/19 01:24 AM

It's been a long time since I played it, but it seems to me you had to put the anti-vamp system together in an exact order. Try taking it apart and then carefully putting it back together following the walkthrough to the letter. If you can't take the antenna, then something is missing.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/16/19 01:32 AM

thanks i will go back and see. boy is this hard. but i have a save @ anti- vampire system , i will restart from there.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/16/19 07:03 PM

well that was hard but i went back and got it fixed , now at the cemetery need to take care of the gargoyles !! don't want them screaming ....

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/16/19 07:27 PM

Good luck.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/16/19 08:59 PM

I'll bet I put that darned thing together 20 times before I got it right! Your gargoyles will be very hard to see. I kind of knew the general vicinity and then just aimed until I found them.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/16/19 11:10 PM

yeah at least 20 times, I think your right about those gargoyles !

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/17/19 02:29 AM

Just follow your walkthrough and you'll be good.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/17/19 04:29 PM

thanks!!

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/17/19 11:19 PM

Good luck.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/17/19 11:23 PM

yikes ! looking for the gargoyles , I think the 1st one is the horned gargoyle ,I have been all over looking for any one but no luck , where is it from the main gate ? do you know ?

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/17/19 11:31 PM

Take a look at this old thread on GameBoomers.

MaG gives a very good explanation of where you can find all of the gargoyles. Reading that over, it appears that this section is quite dark, so if you are having trouble seeing things clearly, see if you can brighten up your monitor, which should help.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/17/19 11:49 PM

thanks , i will try every thing.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/18/19 12:22 AM

If you aim your anti-vamp machine in the areas they are located, it will light up. So follow your walkthrough to find where you should aim it. I can't remember for sure and would have to use a walkthrough myself.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/18/19 01:10 AM

thanks for the info. now zapping the gargoyles don't have to be in order dose it ??

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/18/19 01:14 AM

I haven't played the game, but it probably doesn't matter what order you do it in.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/18/19 01:38 AM

You can zap them in any order.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/18/19 03:09 AM

thanks , so the best thing is to use the anti-vampire system so i need to have that with me and all set up ready to go zapping ?

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/18/19 04:27 AM

If I remember correctly, you aim the anti-vamp machine and will get some coordinates which you then have to enter on the machine. The walkthrough explains it well. Are you using the one here at Gameboomers? It even has a small map of the cemetery with the locations of the gargoyles noted. It also tells you how to zap them.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/18/19 04:05 PM

thanks. yeah the walk through that i'm using is from gameboomers , I will continue on .

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/18/19 05:23 PM

Good luck! Make sure you get the note at the front of the cemetery in the wall.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/18/19 06:29 PM

ok now at the horned gargoyle used crank -what should the dials be set on ? i clicked left reception mode square ,looked up at the mausoleum roof but nada - it said to move the right dial to read 6 ,click on right transmission switch -focus the antenna on the gargoyle and click . don't see the gargoyle.....just want to make sure every thing is good. i don't want to mess this up. please let me know .when i went to set the frequency reading to 6 i lost every thing.. what is wrong ????? this is very hard....

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/18/19 07:22 PM

You must crank the machine, click on the left reception mode square and then keep moving it on the mausoleum roof until you spot the gargoyle. I can't remember what happens, but something lights up on the anti-vamp machine when you get the gargoyle in the sights. It will tell you what frequency to set the dial to. The right one will set on 6.

I agree that this was hard, mostly because it's so dark and the gargoyles are very hard to see.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/18/19 10:56 PM

thanks, i'm working on the gargoyle right of the gate , it's the one at the corner. had the system on and went to the corner and looked up and all green lights was on clicked and didn't see any thing...but i did save there. what gives ??? should I went to another place to find a other gargoyle ??? as i didn't see a gargoyle there .what do U think ?

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/19/19 12:33 AM

Perhaps it would be helpful to see how someone else did it. There is a complete video walkthrough here.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/19/19 02:36 AM

Don't click when you find the gargoyle and everything turns green... you are just getting your settings the first time. You still have to set the readings you just got on the anti-vamp system. You are in the right place and if the lights are green, you've found it. Once you find it and all the lights are green, then look at your anti-vamp system. It should now tell you what settings to use. You did it right so far! So, try again... crank it up again, click on the reception mode of the left and aim for the gargoyle in the corner. Once it turns green, then look at your anti-vamp machine and change your transmit setting. Your frequency should already be set to 6. According to the walkthrough, the transmit frequency is 4 for this particular gargoyle. Once your settings are correct, move the switch to transmit, aim at the gargoyle again until you see the green and NOW click! Boom, he's gone!

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/19/19 02:37 AM

thanks ,watched it and then went back to my saved game ,that took 10 minuets , i went around and around , this is driving me crazy. time to take a break .

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/19/19 02:38 AM

I just posted ahead of you. This is NOT an easy part of the game, so don't get too frustrated! Once you get past this, you can move on. to part 2.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/19/19 04:45 AM

thanks I was getting very frustrated . going around and around and getting no where. i wish there was a way after i saved a game and go out of it not to spend 10 minutes getting back in to the game.....

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/19/19 11:21 PM

back again- i think that for me the 1st is the wolf gargoyle , 1st the system has the crank in and where or the dials set ? as i look at the map in the corner is the wolf , there and what are the others ?

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/20/19 01:23 AM

Not sure what you mean here. So, did you get the wolf gargoyle in the corner? I think that's the easiest one to find.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/20/19 02:17 AM

thanks for getting back to me, well i do go there and all light green and i clicked - nada...nothing. so maybe i should start with the 1st one - horned gargoyle ! now to find it -looking at the map from the sewer which way do i go ?

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/20/19 05:03 AM

No, you're fine. Just stay there with the one in the corner. I told you before... DO NOT CLICK when you find the gargoyle! I'm going to assume you've used the crank to activate the anti-vamp system. Here is what you are doing... first finding the gargoyle, then receiving the frequency for the gargoyle, setting the frequency on the right dial and finally transmitting the frequency. The walkthrough spells it out, but maybe this will help.

1. Move the slider to the left on the system. This will RECEIVE the correct frequency for this gargoyle.

2. Aim and find the gargoyle. When you find it, the system will turn green in the lower right.

3. Look at the anti-vamp system... you should now have acquired the correct frequency shown on the left dial. Set the right dial to match this frequency.

4. Now move the slider to the right to TRANSMIT.

5. Aim at the gargoyle again. NOW click on the gargoyle once the system turns green again in the lower right.

You will need to do this for each gargoyle with each one having a different frequency.

Blowing them up is not that hard... finding them is harder because the screen is so dark. Maybe try playing in a completely dark room or lightening up your monitor. Use the map or watch the video Marian linked you to. This part starts at about the 2 hour mark, so just pull the video slider over to that point.

Also, as I said before, make sure you have the helpful note from Hopkins and the ring from the wall at the front of the cemetery.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/20/19 04:16 PM

thanks i will try that. on to the wolf .

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/20/19 04:41 PM

thanks , I did just what U said and zapped him no more wolf...so i saved it there , now whats the next one that I should zap ???

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/20/19 04:43 PM

As stated previously, it does not matter the order that you zap the gargoyles in.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/20/19 05:34 PM

As Marian and I both stated previously, order doesn't matter.

EDIT: I see you beat me to it, Marian!

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/20/19 05:52 PM

Thanks for all of your help with this, Drac. I have been really busy lately.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/20/19 06:55 PM

thank you so much . after I zapped the wolf . I saved my game. should I go back to the gate and reset my anti- vampire system ? and go look for the horned gargoyle ? again thanks for your patience with me.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/20/19 07:40 PM

Don't worry, you'll get through this now that you know what to do. Please go back and read my last post with the numbered instructions again.

Marian, it's not often that I am this familiar with a game that I CAN help! Glad to do it...

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/20/19 11:01 PM

great -now looking for the horned gargoyle , hand crank in system , click on left reception mode square. at the gate now witch way to i go to find the horned gargoyle ? i think after i get a green light i move left dial to 6 then click on right transmission switch , now ready to zap the horned one . is all this right ? please let me know if it not right. ok..

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/21/19 02:12 AM

Sounds good, but first you have to find him! I can't help you here... check the map in the walkthrough for the general vicinity and go hunting!

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/21/19 05:11 PM

so the setting are good for the horned gargoyle ?

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/21/19 05:43 PM

No worries, Drac. I am not familiar with that many games either, but usually either a walkthrough or a YouTube video does the trick (and thank goodness for that!).

Deleterman, from the walkthrough:

Horned gargoyle:

Find the gargoyle. In inventory, use the crank on the Anti-Vampire System, click on the left bottom reception mode square. Turn left, move forward, turn left, look up on the mausoleum roof at left and get the frequency (the green light is on the apparatus).

Adjust the machine to the gargoyle's reading. As before, move the right dial to the frequency reading of 6, click on the right transmission switch. Focus the antenna on the gargoyle and click. The horned gargoyle explodes.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/21/19 06:12 PM

thanks that helps.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/21/19 06:28 PM

We really can't help you at this point, so please use the walkthrough. You've gotta find and zap those other gargoyles yourself!

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/21/19 10:20 PM

thanks for all the help , ok now at the open crypt , what should the dials be set at - i know the transmit should be 9 what should the other be ?

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/22/19 01:12 AM

What does the walkthrough say? I'd have to look it up and I have company right now.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/22/19 03:50 PM

sorry ,but its not very clear -look at crypt - focus apparatus at head at top . set apparatus to transmit at 9 , but nothing hapend .

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/22/19 04:02 PM

The walkthroughs I have looked at all pretty much say the same thing, so I don't think pointing you to a different walkthrough would help.

Did you try watching the YouTube video that I linked to earlier in this thread? The sequence with the gargoyles starts around 2:00.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/22/19 04:06 PM

So, you still have one more gargoyle to get, right? This is the bird-like one. Did the anti-vamp system turn green? Nothing is going to happen until you find the gargoyle. You already know how to do this - you did the wolf head in the corner. The walkthrough is quite clear.

Birdlike gargoyle:
Find the gargoyle. Energize and set the apparatus to reception mode again. Turn around from wolf gargoyle, walk forward 1x by side wall, look at the open crypt to your right, focus the apparatus at the head on top,
Adjust the machine to the gargoyle's reading. Set the apparatus to transmit at 9 and explode the last birdlike gargoyle.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/22/19 04:15 PM

thanks, i did watch youtube @2:06 , it said to find open crypt ,focus the apparatus at the head on top, set to transmit at 9 . click and he is zaped. i think i miss something in the settings ,that what is the frequence read and so on. ??

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/22/19 06:53 PM

So you HAVEN'T zapped all three gargoyles, right? And you're trying to get the bird-like gargoyle, right? Has the anti-vamp system turned green meaning you have found it? I don't know how to say this any clearer, so I'll just quote from my other post. You've already done this once with the wolf head gargoyle.

1. Move the slider to the left on the system. This will RECEIVE the correct frequency for this gargoyle.

2. Aim and find the gargoyle. When you find it, the system will turn green in the lower right.

3. Look at the anti-vamp system... you should now have acquired the correct frequency shown on the left dial. Set the right dial to match this frequency.

4. Now move the slider to the right to TRANSMIT.

5. Aim at the gargoyle again. NOW click on the gargoyle once the system turns green again in the lower right.

You will need to do this for each gargoyle with each one having a different frequency.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/22/19 07:29 PM

thanks i will try this , it looks easy ! this will be my 2nd !

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/22/19 08:46 PM

If you can do one, you can do #2 and #3! You just have to find them first.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/22/19 09:30 PM

thanks , this one was very easy thanks to you ...2 down 1 to go . i saved it there , which way do i go now to get the last one ?? I got the wolf. I for got that the last gargoyle is , or where . any thought where i should go from here ?? kind of mixed up now ,

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/22/19 09:32 PM

MaG's walkthrough has a map showing where the three statues are.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/22/19 10:11 PM

thanks yes i see it -got the 1 in the corner -wolf . the next one i for got but now looking for birdlike gargoyle . i have a save at the gate. any thought on where i go from there to get the last one ??

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/22/19 10:14 PM

If you are looking for the birdlike gargoyle, here is from an old thread:

Let's go to the gate as point of reference.
When you face the gate and then turn RIGHT and go to the corner of the wall - you should have seen the wolf gargoyle.
Now turn right to the path that is beside the wall. Walk down this path with the wall to be on your left.
Go to the very end of this path and you should see a crypt on your right. It is dark here so move your cursor to the top of the crypt until you get an active cursor. That is the birdlike gargoyle.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/22/19 10:21 PM

I'm heading out for bowling night, so you're just going to have to find the gargoyle on your own! If Marian's directions don't help, there are very good directions and a map in the walkthrough.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/22/19 11:30 PM

yikes -I zapped the bird like gargoyle - and the wolf , so i'm looking for the last one now - i think it is the horned gargoyle ! it has to be . how do i get there ? I have a save at the gate . my head is spinning.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/22/19 11:39 PM

From the old link posted in this thread:

Now for the horned gargoyle:
Face the gate again.This time turn LEFT to go to the other side of the cemetery.
Go forward to the end of the path and turn left again. This time you will have the wall on your right and the cenetery on your left.
As soon as you made that corner, the big mausoleum on your left has the horned gargoyle.
Face it and see the gargoyle on top of the mausoleum.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/22/19 11:53 PM

thanks ! off and running. hope this works out. again thanks.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/23/19 12:14 AM

Good luck! smile

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/23/19 03:35 AM

Just got home from bowling.

Way to go! Again, please use the map and watch the video. We just can't help you find these gargoyles. You're on your own here!

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/23/19 06:41 PM

thanks guys for youall help on this - gotum all now at dracula's sanctuary at the cemetery , i saved it here , haveing a hard time with vampire lock at the front of the tomb , how do i get in front of it to open it ?

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/23/19 10:13 PM

All I can tell you is to refer to the walkthrough. Looking at it myself, this part seems pretty straightforward.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/23/19 10:26 PM

I think I got it figured out.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/23/19 10:34 PM

Good to know.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/23/19 11:53 PM

just like U said -straight ..now at the prison the second prison ,looking for bones , skull , parchment . had to save here. head is spinning.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/23/19 11:57 PM

Just take your time and have fun. Tomorrow is another day. smile

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/24/19 12:57 AM

U got that right ! see ya to morrow .

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/24/19 01:03 AM

Have a nice weekend. smile

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/24/19 04:44 PM

U to , this is a hot weekend here .

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/24/19 04:49 PM

Here too!

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/24/19 10:07 PM

just crank up that AC. been working on that game and made some head way it nice and cool in my computer room. i think it's going to be hotter tomorrow.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/24/19 10:29 PM

Sounds good. I've got the AC on and have been playing a game also.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/24/19 11:16 PM

great ! keep it cranked up it's going to get hotter !

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/26/19 01:00 AM

well at the part where I get to talk to my old friend - Dorko . in the castle.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/26/19 01:05 AM

You're moving right along.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/26/19 02:15 AM

Ah, the beautiful Dorko!

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/26/19 03:37 PM

yeah she's something....but she is a great friend of me..... thumbsup but she just got stabbed , now at the roll top desk, got chessboard paper. now at the chessboard balcony . i guess things are going good thumbsup

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/27/19 04:51 PM

yikes - at the floor chessboard - got the first 2 squares but from there i get killed and have to start over ...is there a easy way to do this puzzle ? i did save on the 2nd square....send help soon -going crazy ...

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/27/19 05:33 PM

The only way to get through this puzzle is to follow the walkthrough. I seem to remember something about the color being opposite? I'll have to look at the walkthrough later. I know I died here at least 10 times before I got through! This one and the Jacob's Ladder puzzle really got me...

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/27/19 08:36 PM

well I got through that -yikes...now at the cable car .. ready to pull the lever !!! and I see that the jacob's ladder is coming up !!!

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/27/19 08:40 PM

Good luck!

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/28/19 12:09 AM

well I saved at the point where I put the ladder on the back door of the cable car , looked up at beam, saved. U can't save enough ,

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/28/19 12:22 AM

I agree with the saving!

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/28/19 03:54 PM

ok I saved like it said in walkthrough . is this a timed part ? it's hard for me to figure out what to do next , so i'm on the rooftop . it said to find the head of st.george on top of the stairs close to the outer wall , use the crowbar on statue ??? is this right ??

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/28/19 04:49 PM

I have no idea... I'd have to look at the walkthrough just like you. I do seem to remember that this is a timed sequence... again, I think I died many times before I got through it.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/28/19 04:53 PM

thanks , BTW can I save at any time ? just a thought ...

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/28/19 05:40 PM

If the game lets you save there, then you can save. I don't know how this one works, but some games won't allow you to save during a cut scene or something like that. All you can do is try in order to find out.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/28/19 05:51 PM

thanks ,will see. this is a hard part !!

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/28/19 06:21 PM

Good luck.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/30/19 12:09 AM

thanks ,well good luck payed off - now at - jacob's ladder puzzle room , got the skull. now the hard part , what about the 6 sanskrit numbers ? the first step the slab even to hallway is #1 right ? then # 3 right ?

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/30/19 01:07 AM

That's what the walkthrough says.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/30/19 02:04 AM

great ! now where do i need to be to open the green book and see the 6 sanskrit numbers on the picture..??

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/30/19 02:41 AM

From the walkthrough:

Turn to the right and climb up the stairs. Enter and again realize that you are trapped and cannot get out.

Jacob's Ladder Puzzle Room:

Move to your left and pick up the skull.

Steps: Go back and look down at the white steps. The first slab of stone serving as the first step has a marking on it. Looks familiar. Open the green book and read the part about Jacob's ladder. It has 6 Sanskrit numbers on the picture.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/30/19 03:39 AM

thanks that helped me a lot. off and running , like U know what ...

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/30/19 03:42 AM

Yes, I do know. grin

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/30/19 04:03 PM

thanks , I can't have to much info..the more the better.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/30/19 04:06 PM

Well, if you're like me, you'll die here several times too!

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/30/19 10:29 PM

thanks , yikes- as I go down the steps I see that I'm going to be off some by the time i get to the bottom , and i am off by 1 at 9-10. now what do i do at the start ? it said that the 1st step is even to the hallway as#1 go down / click on step# 1,3,6,7,9,10..is this what i need to do ? as i look up from #10 it is to long...to #9 ....what gives ??????

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/31/19 01:13 AM

All I can tell you is follow the walkthrough... it's tricky. I'm sure it will take several tries as it did for me.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/31/19 05:50 PM

thanks, how many ? I tried over and over again. still can't get it time to take a break , will look at youtube and see if that helps , I will see . nap time....

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/31/19 07:50 PM

Yup, I was going to suggest a youtube video. For me it was hard to know if I was stepping on the right step. It helped to try to do it a little bit sideways.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/31/19 10:15 PM

thanks , did U make it ? I tried counting up from the bottom -from the last step # 10 , but I know that U have to set # i 1st. then count up from the bottom to set # 3 and then so on, does that make sense ? please let me know ok.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/31/19 10:23 PM

I found a description online that really goes into a lot of detail. Read this over step by step and see if it helps.

Numbering the steps from the top going down, we have:
1. Valid (NW symbol)
2. Invalid
3. Valid (NE symbol)
4. Invalid
5. Invalid
6. Valid (SE symbol)
7. Valid (SW symbol)
8. Invalid
9. Valid (North symbol)
10. Valid (South symbol)

So basically, you need to go to the top and step only on the 1st, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th and 10th steps.

Let's do this step by step (pardon the pun). Look up and go forward (to the very top of the steps). Turn 180 degrees around and look down at the first step. Move your mouse over the first step and it should change to a "Forward Arrow" here as well. Go forward to stand on the 1st step.

Now move your cursor all the way down until you can't go down anymore. If you want to know which step you are currently standing on then you can always turn sideways to figure that out.

Now move your cursor over to the 3rd step (NOT the 2nd step directly in front of you). You're basically skipping the 2nd step by clicking on the 3rd step when your cursor changes to a "Forward Arrow" while moving over it.

Go forward to stand on the 3rd step. Now you need to step on the 6th step. That means you need to skip the 4th and the 5th step. You might want to look sideways IF you can't figure out which step you are currently on. Then move your cursor over the 6th step (you should be skipping 2 whole steps in front of you, and positioning your cursor over the third step in front of (and away from) you. (Two steps is the maximum you can skip so you should move your cursor as far in front of you without losing the "Forward Arrow" cursor).

Go forward to stand on the 6th step. The next step is the 7th (the next one in front of you). So move your cursor all the way down and over the 7th step.

Go forward and stand on the 7th step. The next step is the 9th step (the second last step, skipping the 8th step). Move your cursor over the 9th step (second last from the bottom).

Go forward and stand on the 9th step. The next is the 10th step. Move your cursor over the last step in front of you.

Go forward and stand on the 10th step. You should hear a loud "clunk" (or door unlocking). If you don't hear anything, it means you got it wrong.

If you got it right, then you can proceed without being turned into a shish kebab. Look up (eye-level) and go forward TWICE. Turn (90°L) and go forward. Look down and Examine the "opened hand" sticking out the rock here.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/31/19 11:31 PM

thanks for this ! this looks great , I printed this out so i can go over it with my new glasses ! cool. this should work out great.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 08/31/19 11:45 PM

I really hope that helps you. I was going to suggest that you print it out. Let us know how it goes.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/01/19 12:34 AM

thanks well I did print it out , so I need to start this step by step - right ?

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/01/19 12:37 AM

Definitely. Carefully, one step at a time. Make a save before you begin and then you can reload that save if you need to try it again.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/01/19 01:02 AM

thats a good ideal ! thanks ! this part is driving me nuts . this is way harder than I thought ...and I thank U for your help, you will be hearing back from me for sure ...thanks for your patience ..

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/01/19 01:14 AM

You are welcome. smile

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/01/19 01:31 AM

That's right... yes, I did get through it. I've played the game several times and always have trouble with this puzzle. But it just keep trying and sooner or later I get it!

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/01/19 06:44 PM

thanks, just a thought - if I look down from the top is the last step I see # 10 ? and the next one up is # 9 ? is that right . as I go down like it said I all ways short 1 step. yikes ! and I can't step on # 10..any thought what should do ???

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/01/19 07:37 PM

Looking down from the top, the last step you see is #10, so you are correct. You just need to follow that description I gave you yesterday step by step.

There is a video of this puzzle starting at around 2:40 here.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/01/19 10:13 PM

Are you using the top step as #1? Also as this video does, go down to the bottom and make note of each of the symbols on the fronts of the steps. I know that helped me.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/01/19 11:09 PM

yikes, no mater what i do i'm still off by 1 at the bottom , can't click on # 10 or 9 ... I tried to take a photo but my phone is messed up so that didn't work...things just are n't working out for me to day...

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/02/19 01:30 AM

I asked above, but you never answered. Are you using the first step as the one even with the walkway at the top? #1 is even with the top.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/02/19 01:51 AM

not sure ,will go back to my save and see, btw i'm using walk through - step by step , is that a good one to go by ? or the one by MaGtRo..? the walk through step by step don't say anything about the green book , is that some thing I can just pass on ? the last save I have is at the very top of the steps. i havn't stepped on any thing yet. now what should I do that is the right thing like what step do i step on ??

Deacula the last sanctuary . - 09/04/19 01:02 AM

using both walk throughs - MaGt Ro and step by step , I have a save just after getting skull , and now do I have to look in the green book ? the step by step don't say any thing about the green book. now what is the 1st thing I need to do ? they said to move mouse over the 1st step and it change to " forward arrow" now it said to the 1st and stand there on the 1st step. hope all this is good. the next is to click on the 3rd step ! I hope all this is good , all the other tries i have been off at the bottom and can't click on the 9th and 10th step...any thoughts on this ? thanks for your help..this is driving me nuts...

Re: Deacula the last sanctuary . - 09/04/19 01:09 AM

Join the club! MaG's walkthrough is probably the best because it provides pictures. Just make sure you count the first "step" as the top even with the walkway. Don't go down a step. Count the top as #1.

Re: Deacula the last sanctuary . - 09/04/19 01:16 AM

Deleterman, I merged your last post with the Last Sanctuary thread that already exists - no need to start a new thread. That just clutters up the forum unnecessarily.

Good luck!

Re: Deacula the last sanctuary . - 09/04/19 01:46 AM

sorry about that , this is a very hard part in this game . going nuts. head is spinning. again very sorry ..

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/04/19 01:59 AM

If all else fails, I found some saved games for this game here.

You would have to get instructions about using them, though, over in Glitches, where they are familiar with Windows 10. I am still running Windows 7. You would need to download the saved game that you want and put it in your saved game folder for Dracula: The Last Sanctuary.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/04/19 05:14 PM

thanks , what number should I click on ? to use.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/04/19 05:20 PM

I haven't played the game so I am not sure. You might want to try a few different ones and consult the walkthrough to see which would be best suited for you at this point in the game.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/04/19 05:42 PM

ok. I did that and have it -don't know what to do now.....

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/05/19 10:35 PM

OK. Deleterman is going to try again as all those saves take him way beyond this point.

The steps are #1, #3, #6, #7, #9, #10. So, you have to click on 6 steps. Make sure #1 is the top even with the walkway, not down one. Then look down two steps and click on it. That will be considered step #3. As I said in the other thread, the screenshots in MaG's walkthrough are the best way to do it. There were a couple of steps that had a pattern on them too.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/05/19 10:42 PM

I know it's getting frustrating, but you CAN do it deleterman!! We have faith in you!! luck

Dracula -the last sanctuary . - 09/06/19 05:31 PM

well I made it to the dragon fire room ! looks like I have a puzzle to do , will save here , and take a break . come back latter after my head stops spinning. again thanks for all the help on this part. up to now very hard .

Re: Dracula -the last sanctuary . - 09/06/19 05:32 PM

Glad you finally made it through. smile

Re: Dracula -the last sanctuary . - 09/06/19 05:53 PM

me too ...

Re: Dracula -the last sanctuary . - 09/06/19 06:02 PM

What! You did it! OMG! What did you finally do to get it to work for you? I found the dragon fire room more tedious than difficult. The walkthrough explains it quite well.

I know these parts are kind of hard, but you are doing great!

Re: Dracula -the last sanctuary . - 09/06/19 09:41 PM

thanks ,I looked at the youtube walkthrough , and went and looked at the whalkthrough and studied it again to know where the numbered steps where . i counted up from the bottom , then went up to the top and then every thing looked good and when i got to the bottom went through and found the hand.now at the fire room. that is where i saved it.. yikes I checked out the fire room -looks very hard, and the rest of it to the end -hard .hard . i guess just take it one step at a time , can i save game as i go on ???

Re: Dracula -the last sanctuary . - 09/07/19 05:16 PM

well made it to dragon fire puzzle . saved game there as it said to do. it said hanging chains clockwise-1.2.3 on the right.and 6.5,4 on the left. how do i know where is # 1 is ? ?

Re: Dracula -the last sanctuary . - 09/07/19 06:06 PM

Take a look at this.

Re: Dracula -the last sanctuary . - 09/07/19 07:30 PM

From MaG's walkthrough too in case that doesn't help.

The open doorway is on your back, the column with a carved stone is in front of you.

Save game here! Check which chain when pulled will have the dragon head that stay closed. Then pull the next chain to find the next dragon head that will stay close. Always start at the first correct chain, then the next correct chain and subsequent chains to be checked until you find the correct order of the chains.
Numbering the hanging chains clockwise 1, 2, 3 on your right and 6, 5, 4 on your left, pull chains 3, 5, 2, 6, 4, 1.

Re: Dracula -the last sanctuary . - 09/07/19 10:28 PM

THANKS FOR THAT INFO... wow ! i went to youtube and watched it , my head is spinning ! lot of going up and down. very hard to see what is going on. jumps around to much.

Re: Dracula -the last sanctuary . - 09/08/19 12:00 AM

Oh, yes. You will grow to hate those steps!

Re: Dracula -the last sanctuary . - 09/08/19 04:53 PM

well it looks like after the drawbridge appears the time part is over. is that right ?

Re: Dracula -the last sanctuary . - 09/08/19 05:28 PM

I merged the most recent posts about Last Sanctuary with the already-existing thread about this game.

Re: Dracula -the last sanctuary . - 09/08/19 07:37 PM

What does the walkthrough say? I've got company and can't look it up.

Thanks, Marian! Scattered posts about the same thing will get lost!

Re: Dracula -the last sanctuary . - 09/08/19 09:25 PM

the walk through don't say .

Re: Dracula -the last sanctuary . - 09/08/19 09:35 PM

Maybe I am missing something, but I am not seeing that the walkthrough is saying anything about this part of the game being timed.

Re: Dracula -the last sanctuary . - 09/08/19 10:41 PM

I had to go check out the walkthrough and you are correct, Marian. This part is not timed. Did you walk across and pick up a handle that looks like two dragons?

Re: Dracula -the last sanctuary . - 09/09/19 04:33 PM

is that the 2 hands forming a handle i got it , right now in the dragon fire room . - the puzzle ! it said to save here . so not at the part where the handle that looks like 2 dragons.... need to pull the chains in the right order....thats the hard part for me...working on that part now... any thoughts on this please let me know ok..

Re: Dracula -the last sanctuary . - 09/09/19 04:50 PM

Number the chains in this order:

6 1
5 2
4 3

Start by pulling chain 3.

Re: Dracula -the last sanctuary . - 09/09/19 04:59 PM

And make sure you are facing the way the walkthrough tells you.

Re: Dracula -the last sanctuary . - 09/09/19 05:04 PM

thanks - is that the one on the far left ? i hope so.. then pull 1,2,3 on the right, then 6,5,4 on my left , the last is 3,5,2,6,4,1 ??right.

Re: Dracula -the last sanctuary . - 09/09/19 06:59 PM

What? You don't pull 1, 2, 3 then 6,5,4. NUMBER them that way. Then PULL them in the order 3, 5, 2, 6, 4, 1. You'll know if you did it wrong if they all come up again. As you pull each one, the rest should stay down.

Just read the walkthrough...it's very clear.
Numbering the hanging chains clockwise 1, 2, 3 on your right and 6, 5, 4 on your left, pull chains 3, 5, 2, 6, 4, 1.

Re: Dracula -the last sanctuary . - 09/09/19 09:58 PM

yikes , how can i tell if i'm at #3 on the right side ?

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/09/19 10:09 PM

Check out the video walkthrough here starting around 4:15. Maybe that will help you.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/09/19 10:18 PM

yes that is good ,thanks for that info. ok now i know the #3 is , i think i will save it there . well made it to the 5th chain saved there .. thanks for your patience..

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/09/19 10:43 PM

You'll get there! The roots room isn't as hard.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/10/19 02:59 AM

thanks, I hope it is not to hard. I just need to go slow with this fire puzzle and save where i need to...!! is there a point like the door that i came in to that i can us as a starting point to use to get to the right chain to pull ? I have pulled #5 chain. and saved there . i need to find chain #2..any thought on what I should do now ???

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/10/19 07:20 PM

6 1
5 2
4 3

You said you pulled the #5 chain. So, looking at the order of the numbers above, #2 would be directly opposite from #5. This is not difficult if you look at the numbers above and their placement.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/10/19 08:00 PM

As Marian said, you don't need to "find" #2 chain. You have already numbered them, so just pull #2. If #3, #5 and #2 stay down, then you're on the right path and just have the last 3 in the sequence to pull.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/10/19 10:27 PM

#2 is 3 chains right of #5 chain ?? is that right ? I have a save at 5 . please let me know if that is right...

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/10/19 10:29 PM

That sounds right. And if the chain stays down after pulling it, you will know you did it correctly and then go ahead and save your game if you want.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/11/19 12:36 AM

thank you so much, so as i look at # 5 I go 3 chains to my right ? and pull it..that should do it.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/11/19 12:50 AM

Right! If you numbered your chains, #1, #2, #3 on the right...

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/11/19 02:53 AM

thank you , just checking ...

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/11/19 03:02 AM

You're doing great! As long as each chain you pull keeps them all down, you're halfway there.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/11/19 05:17 PM

things didn' t work out , had to resave at the dragon fire puzzle , yikes this is hard ! WOW . I saved game like it said , now what chain do I pull to get the ball rolling ? I have the 2 hands forming a handle , looks like I have 6 chains to pull , like I said what is the first chain I need to pull ?where is it ? thanks for all your help so far.. went to page 7 but nada...

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/11/19 10:13 PM

Just go to page seven of this thread where this whole sequence has been explained, and re-read it as well as this page. All the information you need is there.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/11/19 10:42 PM

thanks , I went to page 7 but it didn't say any thing or show any thing ????

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/11/19 10:44 PM

Umm... page 7 is the one before this one. Marian and I explained what is needed to finish this puzzle in great detail.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/11/19 11:11 PM

it was about the gargoyles ???

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/11/19 11:31 PM

Page seven starts here.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/12/19 12:03 AM

thanks , it looks like I need to take a break from this game and get my head back in place ! I thank U for your patience with me on this game and with this dragon fire puzzle. I saved the game like it said in the walk through , the start of the puzzle. looks like i'm very close to the end . again thanks for all your help !

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/12/19 12:24 AM

At the top of the thread and at the bottom of the thread, the pages are listed.
Posted By: Uncle Reg

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/12/19 04:24 AM

It's not a good idea to refer to a specific post or posts by their page number. Posts per page is a setting that can be changed in a user's display preferences, so your page 8 might be somebody else's page 4.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/12/19 12:42 PM

That's a good point, Uncle Reg. I was assuming that we were all using the default.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/12/19 03:54 PM

Indeed... I was assuming the same. I had hoped that by saying, "...the page before this one," it might help. Hopefully, deleterman has caught his breath and is ready to get back into the game... he is very close to the end!

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/12/19 10:03 PM

yes i'm , like I said - have a save at the start, what chain can i use as a starting point ? like # 5 then i can move right and pull # 3 ? will that work ? then if that works i can save there ..

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/12/19 10:48 PM

The open doorway is on your back, the column with a carved stone is in front of you.

In other words, number the chains in this order:

6 1
5 2
4 3

Start by pulling chain 3, then 5, then 2, then 6, then 4, then 1.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/12/19 11:19 PM

thanks I was going to ask U about that . U beat me to it..now if i pull the wrong one will i have to start over again from my last save ??

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/13/19 11:32 PM

Yes, you will have to start over from your last save (where you knew the sequence was correct thus far, as the chains were pulled and stayed down).

This really isn't that complicated. I believe you got as far as the first three chains being correct - even if you did not fully understand the walkthrough instructions, you could have actually solved the rest of it through trial and error without much trouble. If the next chain you pulled stayed down, then you would know it was correct. If the chain did not stay down, then restore to your previous save and try another chain, and so forth. There were only 3 chains left to do, so not that many variables in terms of the correct sequence.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/13/19 11:40 PM

thanks ! now can U tell me that #1 is that big thing with a round top on it. I think it is but i just want to check with you first.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/14/19 01:55 AM

Just make sure you are facing what is described as a carved stone in the walkthrough. #1 is the first chain to the right. Be aware that we are not playing the game and therefore do not have the screen in front of us. Perhaps you should go back and watch the youtube video again. The key is to make sure they all stay down. If you pull one and they don't stay down, just start over and pull another one until they do. The sequence is very simple as Marian posted several times. You said you got as far as #5 which means you were halfway through. Like Marian said, if you have the first three, then there are not many variables to get the last three.

dracula the last sanctuary. - 09/14/19 10:25 PM

yikes , tired of going up and down. something odd-when i pulled the chains non of them stayed down when i pulled them. but anyway at the live root room now..crazy..

Re: dracula the last sanctuary. - 09/14/19 11:14 PM

Glad to hear you made it through. wave

Re: dracula the last sanctuary. - 09/14/19 11:32 PM

thank U , yah that last part was odd. now at or in the the round root room, that is where i saved it....looking for an aperture feeding the egg.. any thought's on what i should do and how to find it ?

Re: dracula the last sanctuary. - 09/15/19 01:48 AM

All we can tell you since we are not playing the game is to follow the walkthrough. It's pretty self explanatoryl

Re: dracula the last sanctuary. - 09/15/19 01:52 AM

Wishing you a very birthday Drac! thumbsup wave

Re: dracula the last sanctuary. - 09/15/19 02:17 AM

Thank you, Marian! It's tomorrow, but we went to a winery today with friends. Beautiful weather and a great day!

Re: dracula the last sanctuary. - 09/15/19 02:24 AM

Yes, I figured it was tomorrow - I have noticed the cake next to the avatar often shows up in the evening the day before. It sounds like your weekend is off to a great start! smile

Re: dracula the last sanctuary. - 09/15/19 02:33 AM

happy b-day Draclvr . about this game i'm playing -at the live roots room , i hope that every thing i do don't have to be in order , i did some thing that was not in order in the live root room....i hope that don't mess things up....

Re: dracula the last sanctuary. - 09/15/19 03:02 AM

I doubt I've every done things in the same order in the roots room! It doesn't make any difference at all how you do it as I remember. And thank you for the birthday wishes!

Re: dracula the last sanctuary. - 09/15/19 04:36 PM

thanks for that info, and have a good day.. yikes my knees are on fire. up and down. I hit a brick wall. at the fire room , can't make the 4 th handle ! went and put the cylinder's in the bubble top stand, now it said to pick up the handles that opened the drawers, now where are those handles ? can't find them -where are they ??

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/16/19 11:41 PM

The walkthrough says this:

DRAGON FIRE ROOM:

Make the fourth handle: Walk to the center and look close at the cylinder on the middle of the bubble top stand.

Open it and place the molds one on top of the other. Open the bubble top and find holes similar to the stand at the gazebo.

Go back to the stand and pick up the handles that opened the drawers.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/17/19 12:27 AM

thanks , went and put the molds in , now I can't open bubble top, how do i open the top ?

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/17/19 01:07 AM

Did you put all the molds in? You won't be able to unless you do. The walkthrough says there are three of them. Then you have to do more trudging up and down the stairs to make a fourth one.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/17/19 01:17 AM

yes i put all 3 in , but i don't have all the handles , i only have 3 and i need the 4th .where would that other be. ???

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/17/19 01:25 AM

The walkthrough says this about the fourth handle:

Close the top and turn the knob on the right of the bubble top.

2 Dragon heads heat up the bubble top and melt the handles, it pours into the mold.

Open the cylinder with the molds and pick up the fourth handle.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/17/19 02:59 AM

so that is where the 4th handle is thanks a million. yikes i'm sorry i need the third one ...

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/17/19 01:04 PM

The walkthrough says:

Go back to the stand and pick up the handles that opened the drawers. Go back to the bubble top stand at the Fire pit.

Place the handles on the holes of the bubble top.

It sounds like the other three handles are all in the same place, as described above.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/17/19 04:18 PM

thanks, I thought i had all the handles. some place i lost 1 i will check my save games .

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/17/19 06:05 PM

great , now at the stand put the 4th handle in the horizontal slot. the elevator rises up ,I saved there . it said to turn around and go down stairs to the root room , now is it the stair on the left or the right one ??

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/17/19 06:08 PM

Why don't you try each set of stairs and see? If it isn't the right one, go back to where you started and try the other stairs. Just save your game before you try them out.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/17/19 07:19 PM

yes i did save there . thanks , i get tired going up the stairs and down again....

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/17/19 07:55 PM

I am not playing the game myself, so really all I can do is to refer you to the walkthrough.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/17/19 09:24 PM

I know the feeling about those stairs. Just try one and if it's not right, try the other one. You are at the final cut scene!

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/17/19 10:22 PM

yikes, I have been every place and i see no elevator ! I have a save at the root room - I went a cross to the other door I entered but no elevator ! what now ? going crazy....`please what is your thought ? so close ....

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/17/19 11:45 PM

Since I haven't played the game myself, I can only tell you to:

1. Follow the walkthrough.
2. Watch the rest of the YouTube video of the game that I linked to in the last couple of weeks.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/18/19 12:04 AM

Same here, deleterman. Although I've played the game, it's been years. Walkthough and/ or the YouTube video are your best bet.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/18/19 12:10 AM

I found this in a different walkthrough; maybe it will help, being as you said you had a save in the root area:

You are in the root area. Go straight and exit through the door
behind the egg. Go down the stairs and into the lift.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/18/19 12:19 AM

thanks guys , just finished game , the thing was to go back to the stand at the gazebo and place the 4th handle in the horizontal slots. and that was it ...cool game . this was the 3rd time playing this...lots of fun...and thanks for all your help and patience with me ..see ya on the next one.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/18/19 12:28 AM

Congratulations on finishing the game. thumbsup

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/18/19 12:46 AM

thank you , looking for the next one . i think there is two more .

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/18/19 01:20 AM

Way to go, deleterman! The last cutscene was great, wasn't it!

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/18/19 02:31 AM

Congrats deleterman! Glad you had fun even though you had some difficult times there.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/18/19 05:09 PM

thanks, this was the 3rd time that I played this game ..the cutscene was great.. some parts was hard thats for sure..I think I will take a break, I have the -dracula 3 the path of the dragon . is that a good one ? I think I have played that a few times .

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/18/19 07:05 PM

I haven't played the game, but the general consensus seems to be that Path of the Dragon is quite good but also very difficult.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/18/19 08:09 PM

thanks for that info.
Posted By: Mad

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/18/19 09:04 PM

Yes. I played it and found it fairly difficult in parts - but really enjoyed it all the same.
And I certainly liked the story thumbsup

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/18/19 11:25 PM

I played it and found it difficult in parts even while using the walkthrough. I didn't like this game as much as the first two.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/18/19 11:57 PM

thanks for that info, what was the first 2 ?

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/18/19 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by deleterman
thanks for that info, what was the first 2 ?

The first two are the two you just played, Dracula: Resurrection and Dracula: The Last Sanctuary.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/19/19 12:36 AM

Yes, sorry I wasn't clear. I liked Dracula 1: Resurrection and Dracula 2: The Last Sanctuary quite a bit more than I liked Dracula 3: Path of the Dragon.

Thanks Marian! wave

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/19/19 12:52 AM

thanks- so you didn't like -path of the dragon.??

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/19/19 01:03 AM

It's a lot different than those other 2 games. I guess it just wasn't what I was expecting the first time I played it. I thought I might like it better the second time since I knew what to expect but duh still not so much anyway. Maybe it was just the one puzzle that gave me so much trouble that ruined the game for me. I'm not really sure anymore. I do know, I probably won't ever play it again but hopefully I will play the first two again at some time.

Don't let ME discourage you though. A lot of people liked this 3rd game a lot!

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/19/19 01:13 AM

I haven't played it because just looking at the walkthrough in order to help other people through the game, I could see that I would be hopeless at it. I do have the game in my GOG purchase history, but seeing some of the puzzles in the walkthrough really diminished my interest in it. It's a cool-looking game, though.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/19/19 01:35 AM

thanks guys for that info , what is the others ? i will put dracula 3 to play latter . the other one that i have is - dracula the resurrection..is that a cool one to play ??

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/19/19 02:06 AM

That is the first game. You just played it before playing The Last Sanctuary.

Do you have Dracula 4: Shadow of the Dragon and Dracula 5: The Blood Legacy? They are both on GOG as one item. I would wait for a sale though. You can get them much cheaper then.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/19/19 02:26 AM

You just finished Dracula Resurrection and Dracula The Last Sanctuary.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/19/19 02:52 AM

yes , now the next would be dracula : 4 and 5 . from GOG...

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/19/19 03:25 AM

I have seen Dracula 4 and 5 on GOG for a total price of about $5 during a good sale.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/19/19 04:48 PM

thanks for that info.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/19/19 09:25 PM

Dracula 4 and 5 (2013) are like parts 1 and 2 of the same game and should definitely be played together.
They are shorter and easier than any of the previous games.
They were developed by Koalalabs and published as downloads by Microids.

Dracula 2 (2001) was more difficult than Dracula 1 (2000) because of more danger of getting killed and having to go back to a save. Too much drowning in sewage to suit me. I also got eaten by a giant bat because I was so busy laughing at how silly it looked.

Dracula 3 (2008) from Kheops Studios is different from any of the other Dracula games -- not like the first two, and not like the last two either. It seemed a lot longer -- longer than Dracula 2 and possibly longer than Dracula 1,2,4,5 put together. Kheops put a lot of effort into it.

Dracula 3 had by far the ugliest Dracula of any Dracula game I've played, and the story was the most depressing. I wouldn't say it was a bad game, but it really wore me out on Dracula. It was long and hard and I kept getting lost and stuck, even with a walkthrough.

Dracula 1 was my favorite of the Dracula 1-5 series.
The best environments in Dracula 2 were also in Dracula 1.
No drowning in sewage in Dracula 1.

I really don't like autosaves, and Dracula 4 and 5 had autosaves.

In Dracula 1 and 2 you play as Jonathan Harker.

In Dracula 3 you play as the priest Father Arno Moriani.

In Dracula 4 and 5 you play as Ellen Cross, art restorer.

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

My favorite two Dracula games are the ones from Frogwares:
Frogwares published Dracula Origin (2008), a puzzle-oriented game where you play as Van Helsing. At first I didn't want to play it because I thought "Oh no, not another Dracula game" after playing Dracula 3. But MaG said Dracula Origin was a nice puzzle/adventure game and I should play it. So I did and it was. I enjoyed playing Dracula Origin a lot more than Dracula 3, which was also released in 2008.

And about 3 years later Frogwares published Dracula: Love Kills (2011), one of the best casual HOPA games (in my opinion) with better, more interesting puzzles than most HOPAs. In Dracula: Love Kills you play as Dracula, teaming up with Van Helsing to defeat the Vampire Queen. Igor is hilarious. The game as a whole was easier than Dracula Origin, Origin being an adventure game.

There are other, older Dracula games from other, unrelated developers.
There was Dracula Unleashed (1993), a DOS game that had a re-release on DVD player, where you use the remote to "play" the game. Even the DOS version seemed limited in what you could do to interact with the game.

There were also the comic games Drascula (1997) and Dracula's Secret (1996).

Drascula is now free, and downloadable from the ScummVM website.
https://www.scummvm.org/games/#drascula
and you can find a walkthrough for Drascula here:
https://www.walkthroughking.com/text/drascula.aspx.

Draclvr probably knows of more Dracula games than these.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/19/19 10:21 PM

thanks, I have Dracula 3 but you said that you didn't like it , so i don't think i will play it ! will play another game i have a lot of other to play...again thanks !

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/19/19 10:31 PM

My opinion exactly of Dracula 3! The ugly Drac alone was enough to put me off, but it just seemed like a long slog.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/19/19 11:34 PM

thanks ! that's to bad. off and running like U know what.....
Posted By: Mad

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/19/19 11:40 PM

How opinions differ lol

Dracula 3 was a sombre and more difficult (at times) game but I enjoyed the long and involved story laugh

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/20/19 12:41 AM

thanks Mad , well I have the game so I just might give it a try . I have played it before , twice !

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/20/19 12:46 AM

Well, I had read a book called The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova shortly before playing Dracula 3 and I enjoyed the book a lot better. It wasn't the same story but (to me) it was similar. My friend, however, thought the book was boring.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/20/19 01:13 AM

yikes I tried to play it but something is messed up and I could not us my mouse ..

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/20/19 01:20 AM

yikes I tried to play it but something is messed up and I could not us my mouse ..

If you are having technical problems with a game and wish to try to resolve it, please post about it in the Glitches forum.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/20/19 02:06 AM

Mad, I rather like that about all of us here!

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/20/19 04:06 PM

yikes my mouse works but it is not like it was -right click is now left click. not going to play Dracula 3 how do i get it off my computer ??

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/20/19 04:26 PM

yikes my mouse works but it is not like it was -right click is now left click. not going to play Dracula 3 how do i get it off my computer ??

https://www.wikihow.com/Remove-Programs-(Windows-7)

I have no idea why a game would change right-click to left-click, but after uninstalling the game, check your mouse settings
https://www.wikihow.com/Adjust-a-Mouse-in-Windows-7

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/20/19 04:41 PM

thanks , I did just what U said ! it is all good now ,took some time but it's good now ... great mouse now. but I did get rid of Dracula for the time being ...moving on now. again thanks...

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/20/19 04:48 PM

Glad to hear your mouse is back to normal.
I wouldn't install that Dracula 3 game on that particular computer again.
The computer is trying to tell you something.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 09/20/19 07:13 PM

I think your right ! well my computer is back on track also. every thing is like it was before all this happened. it took some time but it's ok now. this windows 10 is hard for me to use ! every thing takes time. again thanks for your help. BTW the last time I played it was on a different computer.
Posted By: Uncle Reg

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 10/14/19 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by Jenny100
And about 3 years later Frogwares published Dracula: Love Kills (2011), one of the best casual HOPA games (in my opinion) with better, more interesting puzzles than most HOPAs. In Dracula: Love Kills you play as Dracula, teaming up with Van Helsing to defeat the Vampire Queen. Igor is hilarious. The game as a whole was easier than Dracula Origin, Origin being an adventure game.

Jenny,
I recently won a free Big Fish game giveaway, and, based on your recommendation, I got Dracula: Loves Kills. I agree, it is a very good game. I enjoyed it very much. Thanks for the info.

Re: dracula #2 the last sanctuary - 10/14/19 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Reg
I recently won a free Big Fish game giveaway, and, based on your recommendation, I got Dracula: Loves Kills. I agree, it is a very good game. I enjoyed it very much. Thanks for the info.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community