GB HOMEPAGE

Curse of Monkey Island

Posted By: mbday630

Curse of Monkey Island - 09/25/19 03:06 PM

I have played this game quite a few times in my life, but, I just ran across something that I never encountered before. When I was in the place where the coat and dandruff was, I picked up the glove and the dandruff but forgot to pick up the wand and use it on the hat. so, anyway I went to the boat, cut the board and got tarred and feathered. then the guy in the restaurant put me in the pot and I was back in the boat - but, since I did not have the ventriloquist book I couldn't do anything so I escaped out the window. now when I go back to the boat to get the map, I can't find a way in. Has anyone had this happen and could you tell me how to get back into the boat to get the map to find Elaine? thanks.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Curse of Monkey Island - 09/25/19 03:19 PM

It's been many, many years since I have played this game, so unfortunately all I can do is suggest looking at walkthroughs.

I hope someone else with a more recent experience with it can give you some advice. wave

Re: Curse of Monkey Island - 09/25/19 10:30 PM

no, there is not any walkthrough that I have seen that addresses this. I was just wondering if anyone has encountered this situation. but, again, I have played this game upteen times and have many saves, so I can do it over. it was just so curious that it seemed like a dead end and I have never heard of a dead end in the game. but, thanks!
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Curse of Monkey Island - 09/25/19 10:54 PM

See if UHS Hints has a Hint for where you are in the game.
http://www.uhs-hints.com/uhsweb/monkey3.php

Re: Curse of Monkey Island - 09/25/19 11:05 PM

I've never heard of a dead end in this game either.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Curse of Monkey Island - 09/25/19 11:28 PM

If this is the ScummVM version (GOG sells the ScummVM version), there may be a bug that wasn't in the original version.

Re: Curse of Monkey Island - 09/26/19 01:10 AM

That is good thinking, Jenny.
Posted By: aretha

Re: Curse of Monkey Island - 09/26/19 07:19 AM

From my unreliable memory. Is it possible to return to the boat, knock on the door/ deliberately get caught again and repeat the earlier capture?

Re: Curse of Monkey Island - 09/26/19 01:35 PM

I tried knocking on the door, going through the window and I just can't do anything to get the map. No biggy, I will just play it from one of my saves. I probably play this game 2 times a year so i know it by heart already. I just never forgot to use the wand on the hat before!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community