GB HOMEPAGE

Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil

Posted By: revco

Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/03/20 10:48 PM

I'm stuck in the attic...ugh. Hopefully a walk-through or Matt's hits the web soon.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/03/20 10:59 PM

You can still go outside and check things out even though they say you are supposed to stay in the attic all night! I can't figure out how to get the Ouija Board to work! But I've decoded 3 EVP recordings so far.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/03/20 11:06 PM

Same here but I did find 5 EVP's.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/03/20 11:41 PM

revco, I'm not playing the game yet but I noticed in the announcement thread that Marian posted the reason for the game update had to do with people getting stuck in the attic and then you posted that your saved games were not affected. Is it possible that it does have something to do with the saved game you used after you updated?

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/03/20 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by oldbroad
revco, I'm not playing the game yet but I noticed in the announcement thread that Marian posted the reason for the game update had to do with people getting stuck in the attic and then you posted that your saved games were not affected. Is it possible that it does have something to do with the saved game you used after you updated?

I was stuck before the update so that's not it. Thank you for suggesting it though. I'm just stuck...won't budge.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/04/20 01:39 AM

I suspect oldbroad is right.

Unless you played the patched version and created the save using the patched version, there is certainly the possibility that a save made with the unpatched version will retain the attic bug from the unpatched version.

I suggest starting the game over using the patched version of the game.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/04/20 02:57 AM

Ah, you mean stuck as in you can't move. I assumed you meant you were stuck game-wise. I think oldbroad is correct. too.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/04/20 03:09 AM

I'm assuming stuck game-wise also, but still, stuck before the update and the save being from before the update? Maybe just an earlier save might work rather that a whole restart?

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/04/20 04:33 AM

Thanks for the feedback...I'm starting a new game. smile

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/04/20 05:55 AM

I hope the attic part wasn't too far into the game and that you get past it this time revco!

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/04/20 06:49 AM

Not too far oldbroad. I'm back where I saved before and nothing. I'm still missing EMF readings via the tasks. All others are checked. Tasks are located in the tablet.
Posted By: TLC

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/04/20 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by revco
Not too far oldbroad. I'm back where I saved before and nothing. I'm still missing EMF readings via the tasks. All others are checked. Tasks are located in the tablet.

Where are the tasks on the tablet, revco? Thanks. I'm stuck in the attic too and no EMF readings. headscratch

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/04/20 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by TLC
Originally Posted by revco

Where are the tasks on the tablet, revco? Thanks. I'm stuck in the attic too and no EMF readings. headscratch

It's the last icon (Ghost)...O.P.G. Bottom right, 6 in total I've found 5...

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/04/20 07:43 PM

Thanks revco, I'll take a look later, when I play. wavegirl

Hi Revco, I found 4 analogue recordings, is that the EMF thing?
Attic Room 2 Clock, Roof Deck Chair, Attic Room 2 Quijaboard, Attic Room 1 Posters
I'm stuck on finding more. duh

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/05/20 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by TLC
Thanks revco, I'll take a look later, when I play. wavegirl

Hi Revco, I found 4 analogue recordings, is that the EMF thing?
Attic Room 2 Clock, Roof Deck Chair, Attic Room 2 Quijaboard, Attic Room 1 Posters
I'm stuck on finding more. duh

Yep...what I've found. Still stuck. frown

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/05/20 04:04 AM

I found a 5th one...
on the Merry Go Round
... but it won't upload to the tablet.

EDIT: Finally got it to upload. Guess I needed to click when the EMF was done?

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/05/20 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by Draclvr
I found a 5th one...
on the Merry Go Round
... but it won't upload to the tablet.

EDIT: Finally got it to upload. Guess I needed to click when the EMF was done?

Yea, I misread TLC...5 Found too.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/05/20 06:33 PM

I'll have to go back there and check, I was there twice so far. Thanks. wavegirl

Now I can't find the playground. lol

Dark Fall-Ghost Vigil - 01/05/20 11:08 PM

I am so stuck. I have found 5 recordings, I think there's supposed to be 6? I also found a cassette tape, I don't remember where but I have no idea, where or how to play it, to hear what's on it. I can't do anything with the graph paper in the attic, nothing to write with? duh

Re: Dark Fall-Ghost Vigil - 01/06/20 01:13 AM

I was in the exact same place yesterday! Have you answered all the questions they are asking you? Some of them are asked while you are outside the house. I am a lot further and I still can't use the two cassette tapes I've found.

Re: Dark Fall-Ghost Vigil - 01/06/20 01:18 AM

No one has asked me anything for awhile now. Guess I'll go back outside and see if I can find a 2nd tape or be asked questions. Thanks. wavegirl

Re: Dark Fall-Ghost Vigil - 01/06/20 02:59 AM

Have you completed all 6 of the tasks on the lower right in the tablet?

I'm going to see if Marian can combine all these Ghost Vigil help posts into just one. I think I can, but I don't want to try it.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/06/20 01:54 PM

Hi TLC, I moved your new Dark Fall thread with the previous Dark Fall thread that you had been posting in. This helps keep the forum tidy and enables other players to follow along with your progress more easily. smile

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/06/20 03:08 PM

Have you completed all 6 of the tasks on the lower right in the tablet?

Hi Draclvr, There are checkmarks on the right 4 and green dots on the left 2. Are they all supposed to have checkmarks, when completed? Thanks.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/06/20 03:56 PM

Yes, all 6 need to have checkmarks before you can advance in the game.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/06/20 04:00 PM

Thanks. How do I get the Quigaboard to ask about Isabella? I got the voice recording about her but the Quigaboard isn't letting me ask it anything new.

Now I just need the baseline EMF checked off. I thought I've been all over, with that thing.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/06/20 05:29 PM

I'm much further in the game and the Ouija Board won't work for me either!

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/06/20 05:36 PM

Ok, thanks Draclvr. Would you have any idea, where the EMF has to be used? I walked all around with that thing. hardwall wavegirl

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/06/20 05:39 PM

Since I don't know which ones you already have, I'm not sure.
You will hear the whispered voice, "Here" when you need to use it. There are 3 in the attic, 1 on the roof near the attic door and 1 in the playground before you are granted access to the rest of the house.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/06/20 05:42 PM

Thanks. wavegirl

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/06/20 05:43 PM

Just edited to add more, TLC. Check out the spoiler tag again.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/06/20 09:06 PM

Just edited to add more, TLC. Check out the spoiler tag again.

Thanks so much, Draclvr. kissy

Finally got everything checked and heading to the lab. happydance12

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/06/20 11:51 PM

Since I don't know which ones you already have, I'm not sure.
You will hear the whispered voice, "Here" when you need to use it. There are 3 in the attic, 1 on the roof near the attic door and 1 in the playground before you are granted access to the rest of the house.

I see 5 Draclvr in the spoiler. Could you add the last one please?

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/07/20 12:05 AM

There are only 5 EVPs before you are granted access to other areas of the house and property.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/07/20 12:20 AM

thanks...ugh...I'm so stuck!

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/07/20 12:48 AM

Do you have all 6 of the tasks completed listed on your tablet? And answered all the questions correctly?

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/07/20 12:56 AM

Do you have all 6 of the tasks completed listed on your tablet? Nope EMF isn't checked.
Answered all the questions correctly? Yes.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/07/20 01:04 AM

I don't even know how I got EMF checked. But,
have you used it on the radio?

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/07/20 01:12 AM

i did place it on the that..switched the knobs too. Basically walked around with it and still missing something.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/07/20 01:42 AM

I'm not sure, but
you may need to zoom in on all the electrical switches and plugs too.

Me, I'm totally stuck upstairs!

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/07/20 01:50 AM

Thanks Draclvr...I'll keep trying.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/07/20 02:19 AM

I finally got through...Thx D for helping me. ;0

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/07/20 02:34 AM

Excellent... maybe you can help me get unstuck upstairs one of these days!

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/07/20 03:34 AM

Have you gotten to the main hall?

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/07/20 04:10 AM

Yup. Did all kinds of stuff in there and have an inventory full of stuff I can't do anything with.
Posted By: dianne

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/07/20 04:48 AM

just started Dark fall Ghost Virgil and iam off to the lab can I use the map to go there as iam totally lost. thanks Dianne wave

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/07/20 03:54 PM

If I'm remembering correctly the lab is near the stairs up to the attic. If you're looking at the stairs, its too the right I believe.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/07/20 04:28 PM

You have to get the code to open the red door before you can get to the main room with the stairs leading to the dormitories. The lab is just to the right of the fire escape.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/07/20 04:46 PM

Draclvr, Do I need to use all of the gadgets in the lab to move on? I found a few things in there but can't use any of them yet and there's a locked door at the back of the lab. Thanks.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/07/20 05:25 PM

Always use the gadgets just in case... especially the night vision. You may see something written that you couldn't see otherwise. But when I finally got the code to use that door, I still hadn't used most of the stuff in there.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/07/20 05:38 PM

Yeah I found one place with something written but I'm terrible when it comes to riddle kinds of things. lol

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/07/20 06:51 PM

Me, too!!

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/07/20 07:47 PM

I am so stuck in the lab. I don't get what the writing is trying to tell me. And I've used all of the gadgets. hardwall

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/07/20 07:52 PM

I wish I could remember what I did here... I remember picking up a bunch of stuff, but not being able to do anything with it. Maybe try going outside... Let me open up the game to see if there was an EVP in this area.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/07/20 08:00 PM

Ok, thanks so much, Draclvr.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/07/20 08:15 PM

Have you
done the puzzle with the photos on the bulletin board?

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/07/20 08:21 PM

Yes, I've done those. wavegirl

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/07/20 08:33 PM

thanks I didn't see that Dianne wave

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/07/20 08:35 PM

So, TLC,
that means you have gotten the Thermo cam and gone back to the attic as you were directed?

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/07/20 08:55 PM

Oh, I knew I missed something that was said, Coco my cat was trying to get some lovin at the same time. Off to the attic, I go. Thanks again Draclvr. kissy

That was it. Thanks so much. wavegirl

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/07/20 09:15 PM

Ha, ha! I was still in the attic when my Bloodhound decided she wanted to go out and howl at the coyotes. Turns out I had missed something too and after a lot of wandering around had to reload my saved game!

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/07/20 10:40 PM

Ha, ha! I was still in the attic when my Bloodhound decided she wanted to go out and howl at the coyotes. Turns out I had missed something too and after a lot of wandering around had to reload my saved game!

Animals, ya gotta love them though. catrub

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/08/20 03:27 PM

Jonathan posted on Twitter three hours ago that the Companion Guide was being sent out to players today.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/08/20 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Marian
Jonathan posted on Twitter three hours ago that the Companion Guide was being sent out to players today.

Yay, Thanks Marian and Jonathan. wavegirl

Draclvr, Thanks for posting the piano link on the other thread. I had to print out the pic with the labeled keys, and held it up to my screen. I just can't do sound/music puzzles. wavegirl

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/08/20 04:25 PM

You're not alone, TLC!

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/08/20 04:55 PM

I had a heck of a time with the monitors too, trying to make the audios clear but finally did those. happydance12 I'm now heading up the stairs. I'll be playing more sometime later. sherlock

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/08/20 07:58 PM

Has anyone made any sense out of the power source/radio words? Mostly I simply can't understand them.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/08/20 08:05 PM

Where at Draclvr? If its anywhere up stairs, I haven't been there yet.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/08/20 08:30 PM

You use the EMF gadget and you are told in the tablet that the "words are not random." I mostly hear them in the radios, but I can't understand any of them!

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/08/20 09:01 PM

I think I've clicked on a few radios but didn't pay attention to what they were playing. duh

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/09/20 02:43 AM

I just received an email with the walk-through ;0

50 pages.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/09/20 03:41 AM

I just received an e-mail to with a walkthrough ?just how do I go about to install it and where do I put it can we print it out I know me and all my questions thanks Dianne smile
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/09/20 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by dianne
I just received an e-mail to with a walkthrough ?just how do I go about to install it and where do I put it can we print it out I know me and all my questions thanks Dianne smile

It's just a pdf file. It doesn't need to be installed. Open it with any pdf reader, or even Microsoft Edge will display pdf files.

However it is 50 pages long and would be a long time printing it all out.
Not to mention all the ink and paper that would take.
If you have a 2nd computer, laptop, or tablet, you'd be better off displaying it on that.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/09/20 03:56 AM

I just opened up the PDF and minimized and then started the game. I tapped the Windows key to minimize the game so I could check something out in the walkthrough. Then I just maximized the game and kept playing. No need to print it out.
Posted By: DreamcastDizzy

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/09/20 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by Jenny100
Originally Posted by dianne

It's just a pdf file. It doesn't need to be installed. Open it with any pdf reader, or even Microsoft Edge will display pdf files.

However it is 50 pages long and would be a long time printing it all out.
Not to mention all the ink and paper that would take.
If you have a 2nd computer, laptop, or tablet, you'd be better off displaying it on that.

When using adobe acrobat reader to read pdf, you can print as a booklet, this way you only print 13 pages, with 4 sides on each paper, its easy to read the smaller text. :-)

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/09/20 02:43 PM

Hi, DreamcastDizzy and welcome to Gameboomers! I have to say, ha! Not so easy for us old people! grin

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/09/20 02:53 PM

I just got the WT too but I haven't looked at it yet. wavegirl

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/09/20 04:27 PM

I looked at it just to verify that I hadn't missed something and then closed it. I'm kind of like Ana - just enjoying exploring and finding stuff!

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/09/20 06:14 PM

Hi, DreamcastDizzy and welcome to Gameboomers! I have to say, ha! Not so easy for us old people! grin

thank you :-)
Well I turn 50 later this year, so feel like one of the older, but I find it ok to read the size of the text, and then you will not accidental read to much lol

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/09/20 06:21 PM

I'm in the Girl's Dormitory, there's a puzzle on the wall with handles, one is missing under the fish picture. Anyone know where I can find the handle? I saw a fish game box but nothing showed up there. I've been all over the place. Thanks. wavegirl

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/09/20 08:22 PM

DreamcastDizzy, add 20+ years to your 50 for me!!

I have absolutly no idea where I found that handle, but it was quite early in the game.

I'm in the Boy's Dormitory, so I'm quite a bit further on. Just wondering... has anyone else lost their "light?" I used to have a zone of light on everything sort of as though I had a flashlight. But I don't have that zone of light any more and it's REALLY hard to see anything inside the house. I'm having to use the night vision to see anything, but then I have to listen to that annoying sound all the time. I loaded a previous save and the light is there. Glitch or supposed to be that way?
Posted By: seagul

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/09/20 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by TLC
Anyone know where I can find the handle?:
It's in the
dayroom, where the picture of the wheeping boy is. In the fireplace.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/09/20 09:05 PM

Thanks seagul. I'll go now. wavegirl

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/09/20 09:26 PM

Oh, yeah... now I remember.

seagull, have you lost your light like I have?

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/09/20 09:36 PM

DreamcastDizzy, add 20+ years to your 50 for me!!

I have absolutly no idea where I found that handle, but it was quite early in the game.

I'm in the Boy's Dormitory, so I'm quite a bit further on. Just wondering... has anyone else lost their "light?" I used to have a zone of light on everything sort of as though I had a flashlight. But I don't have that zone of light any more and it's REALLY hard to see anything inside the house. I'm having to use the night vision to see anything, but then I have to listen to that annoying sound all the time. I loaded a previous save and the light is there. Glitch or supposed to be that way?

Press F to turn on/off flashlight :-)

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/09/20 09:37 PM

Im stuck in the greenhouse. Solve the poem puzzle, Put all the right rose blade in the petal, and tried all 5 musc numbers but the Lady dont apear :-(

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/09/20 11:40 PM

Oh, thank you for that F key. I don't think I ever saw it mentioned anywhere and I know I don't have a flashlight in my inventory. That will help a lot.

I'm in the same place and can't go any further. Guess I'll go outside and see what I've missed.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/10/20 04:28 AM

Drac, the flashlight is your center button on the mouse too.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/10/20 09:54 AM

Oh, thank you for that F key. I don't think I ever saw it mentioned anywhere and I know I don't have a flashlight in my inventory..

I spend the time reading the manual while the game was installing, not that it say much, but then the time went faster :-)
Posted By: ScaniX

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/10/20 10:02 AM

I'm stuck in the greenhouse, too.
Listening to Bear's recording does not reveal any melody. There is no recognizable music in there. ^^
I did the poem, the petals and tried all of the music tracks.
I guess there is a bug and you need to have the right music selected before you do the petal thing...
Will try loading an older save game later.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/10/20 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by ScaniX
I'm stuck in the greenhouse, too.
Listening to Bear's recording does not reveal any melody. There is no recognizable music in there. ^^
I did the poem, the petals and tried all of the music tracks.
I guess there is a bug and you need to have the right music selected before you do the petal thing...
Will try loading an older save game later.

Dont help tried it. Someone on fb wrote about the same problems, she will send a savefile to Jonathan.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/10/20 11:04 AM

Alright. There has been an update to 1.03 just now. I will try that later. smile

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/10/20 02:48 PM

I kept
listening to the recordings on Bear's tape and couldn't hear anything either.
Just got the 1.03 update... hope that fixes it.

I didn't download the manual, so did see anything about the flashlight!
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/10/20 03:06 PM

So I now have to delete the game. Do I need to find the saves and put them on the desktop and put them back when I install the new version?

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/10/20 03:09 PM

Winfrey, It will install/replace the files. You don't have to delete the game. wavegirl

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/10/20 03:16 PM

Thank you, TLC

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/10/20 03:21 PM

And your saves will still be there.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/10/20 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Winfrey
Thank you, TLC

You're very welcome, Winfrey. wavegirl

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/10/20 04:22 PM

I had a problem with the ghostsighting in the greenhouse, too. But I could solve it by replaying the whole part in the greenhouse.
So press F for light? I'm happy there are people who read the manuals. lol
By the way: i got my Steam-Key.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/10/20 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by seagul

I got a steam key too but I didn't buy the game there? duh

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/10/20 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by TLC

I got a steam key too but I didn't buy the game there? duh

Everyone who bought the game from Shadow Tor is receiving a Steam key.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/10/20 04:48 PM

Do we have to buy the game from Steam to use the key? Or can we get the game from them, with the key? Thanks Marian. wavegirl

I've used the drone and went into a few rooms and the satelite (sp) for the tv.
It says to find the office key next to the Teppanyaki. What is that?

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/10/20 05:21 PM

There is a note somewhere in the
Site Office, where you get a hint.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/10/20 05:22 PM

Teppanyaki
That one irritated me for a while. Look at the model of the house. Look around at the place (at the real house) where it is mentioned.
Be more thorough than me, because I haven't found it at first. smile

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/10/20 05:24 PM

Just use the key on Steam and the game will be added to your Steam library, TLC. wave

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/10/20 05:27 PM

Just use the key on Steam and the game will be added to your Steam library, TLC. wave

Thanks Marian. wavegirl

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/10/20 05:37 PM

Marian, they want me to add it to my cart as though I'm purchasing? How do I put in the code, without buying? Thanks again. wavegirl

Never mind, I figured it out. happydance12

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/10/20 05:52 PM

Yeah, I think I'm going to have to replay the greenhouse.
I get the singing and the falling petals, but no "visitation" on the camera.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/10/20 06:03 PM

See if this helps, TLC.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/10/20 06:10 PM

Thanks Marian. wavegirl

Now I'm stuck after solving the puzzle behind the crying boy picture. I've gotten into the room that opens up but have no idea how to do the puzzles in there, the activities puzzle and the lock with the numbers. duh

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/10/20 06:31 PM

The solution to the lock is simple...
IF you connect a list of books checked out of the library with the names of the children along with their bedsheets! I admit I just didn't get the bedding connection until I looked at the walkthrough! And I only vaguely remembered seeing the names of the books somewhere earlier.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/10/20 06:56 PM

Greenhouse
I finally managed to make her appear. I had to select the music track that was already playing again, though. And do it before throwing in the petals.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/10/20 07:11 PM

Thanks Draclvr. I got that done, with a lil help from the WT. sherlock I was just in the greenhouse, getting samples and a book. Heading to the lab next. sherlock

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/10/20 07:19 PM

Yeah, I think I'm going to have to replay the greenhouse.
I get the singing and the falling petals, but no "visitation" on the camera.

The update fixed the problems, now she appears :-)

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/10/20 07:59 PM

Unfortunately, I am playing the update!

EDIT:
I had to do what ScaniX did and just reselect the music I already had playing.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/10/20 08:41 PM

I'm stuck in the greenhouse, I don't know what music to select and what to do with the fountain, I put the petal in it and now stuck. duh Am I missing a clue, somewhere in there? duh

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/10/20 08:47 PM

Greenhouse hints (or use the walkthrough)
Save before solving the petals puzzle.

Solve the poem

There are 6 different petals.

Only 4 are needed.

Time travel is fun.

One rose has yet to bloom.

From the ashes it will rise.

There is a music hint in Bear's recording (that was useless for me)

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/10/20 08:53 PM

Thanks ScaniX. wavegirl

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/10/20 11:00 PM

I can't find a blue rose, I can see some in the green house but it doesn't let me cut them, so where do I get it? Or do I even need it, I have 4 colors. Thanks. wavegirl

Finally got it, I wasn't clicking high enough over the fountain. oops

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/11/20 01:31 AM

I wa able to get into the lab. I have collected 3 things I know where they belong but can’t do anything yet. Yes I did the wall thing. All my tasks are clicked green so I thought I completed them all but in a post I read it said there were 6 messages, I only have 4 which makes me wonder why I have a check mark on my tasks. Guess I will walk around some more tomorrow :-)

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/11/20 01:52 AM

Those 6 tasks are more like tutorial tasks. There are a lot more messages to find after you have completed them.
Walking around might help though. I cannot remember what exactly triggered the next step. smile

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/11/20 02:04 AM

ScaniX Thanks

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/11/20 03:30 AM

Yes, the six tasks are kind of a blanket group. Under them - especially the EVPs - there will be many more to record.

Without going to the walkthrough, I don't remember exactly what triggers the next steps either. But I think there is lots to do outside, maybe?

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/11/20 11:50 AM

Guess I’ll go back outside and use the devices more. Drac I put my headphones on to listen. Spent a lot of time eyes closed just listening. I have figured out about 10-15 words . One voice is easier to understand the other impossible for me .

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/11/20 11:55 AM

For me the ghost box and all telephones are totally useless. I cannot understand a single word and they have no subtitles.
Unfortunately some of them are relevant for the game. frown
The tape recordings are easy, because you only need to build a valid sentence. But those others...

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/11/20 03:21 PM

Even under earbuds, I cannot understand the phone conversations at all. Subtitles for the distorted voices would be SO nice!

Winfrey, listen for the whispered "here" voice to use one of the devices. Since I don't remember what else I did to get the door inside the lab to open, a peek at the walkthrough might be in order.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/11/20 03:30 PM

Drac I will try listening for that. I’ve walked all over inside and out with the recorder on an nothing. Can’t hear anything with the recorder on except static

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/11/20 04:11 PM

That's why I just leave it in the inventory unless I hear the whispered "here."

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/11/20 04:29 PM

Edit: nevermind, the HQ is after that point...

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/11/20 05:17 PM

Teppanyaki
That one irritated me for a while. Look at the model of the house. Look around at the place (at the real house) where it is mentioned.
Be more thorough than me, because I haven't found it at first. smile

Thanks ScaniX. I got so caught up in the greenhouse, with the blue flower that I forgot about the Teppanyaki. lol I'll focus on that now, that the green house is done. wavegirl

PS. Just got another update to the game. sherlock
Posted By: restorehope

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/11/20 05:53 PM

Hello everybody, Im playing this game, actually Im stuck in the lab, near the photos puzzle, I've found some evidences on the photos, but one of them, the one top right doesn't have evidence...how do i go further?

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/11/20 06:00 PM

welcome to GameBoomers, restorehope. Another player here should be able to help you with this.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/11/20 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by restorehope
Hello everybody, Im playing this game, actually Im stuck in the lab, near the photos puzzle, I've found some evidences on the photos, but one of them, the one top right doesn't have evidence...how do i go further?

There was evidence in all of them. Have you tried clicking all over the photo till it registers it? Some were hard to see. luck

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/11/20 06:13 PM

Rvco: On the top right foto, look
at the wall on the right.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/11/20 06:29 PM

Ok, I'll try..TKS.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/11/20 07:45 PM

I was just in the classroom, did everything there. It was freaky being stuck in there. scared The guy on the walkie talkie, said he'd give me the lock code when I got outside but he never told me? duh

I just got another email update for version V1.03c. Wow 2 updates in 1 day.

I found a key under a rock. Where do I use it? duh
The WT says the "site office" but I'm so lost now, I don't remember where that is.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/11/20 09:08 PM

Hint:
It is about the same size as the library.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/11/20 09:23 PM

Thanks ScaniX. I'll keep a look out. wavegirl

So stuck in the nursery, where all the gas is. I went back in time to another room.
How do I use the machine with the bird and glass tube? The soul of the bird never goes to the glass tube. I checked the WT and it doesn't help me either. I'm sure I've read everything in there.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/11/20 10:55 PM

I didn't use the walkthrough. I just cursed at it till it worked.
It is somehow like this (or totally different):
Put all the stuff in place. Pull the right lever three times. Pull the middle lever to the right until the bird is smoking. Pull it to the left until the spark is getting into the glass ball. Push the button on the lower left to suck it into the tube. The right color selector should be somewhere on the left as the bird's lifeforce is small. Not too sure about the left one, though. I think I used the middle lever (to the right) on each of those three colors.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/11/20 11:33 PM

Yay! I've finished it. laugh
I loved the main puzzle of the game. It's awesomely scattered though the whole gameplay of the game. Putting it together was really fun.
(Of course I would have just uninstalled it if my solution was wrong. ^^)
Alright... I think I'm going to check out another ending of it.

Have fun everyone!

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/11/20 11:37 PM

Yay! I've finished it. laugh
I loved the main puzzle of the game. It's awesomely scattered though the whole gameplay of the game. Putting it together was really fun.
(Of course I would have just uninstalled it if my solution was wrong. ^^)
Alright... I think I'm going to check out another ending of it.

Have fun everyone!

Congrats and thanks for your help. happydance12 wavegirl

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/12/20 02:19 AM

I didn't play today because I don't want the game to end yet!

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/12/20 09:19 AM

Morning, question, do I have to finish the game following a storyline or i can resolve puzzles as I find one, i mean, actually Im in the main hall, and there's the piano puzzle (if there's something that i ate are the music puzzles) and Im stuck in , and there are many others rooms to visit.... do I have to complete before the music puzzle or may i go further....?

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/12/20 10:16 AM

You can go further. There is no hurry to solve the piano puzzle.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/12/20 10:47 AM

Morning, question, do I have to finish the game following a storyline or i can resolve puzzles as I find one, i mean, actually Im in the main hall, and there's the piano puzzle (if there's something that i ate are the music puzzles) and Im stuck in , and there are many others rooms to visit.... do I have to complete before the music puzzle or may i go further....?

The piano can wait for a looooong time.
I ended up recording the melody and playing it back while pushing the keys. It's actually not so bad as there are not many different notes involved.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/12/20 02:48 PM

Ok, I can tell now with no mistake....Im completely stuck... no think what to do, I've gone everywhere, i've collected a handle knob, nail clipper, a pen, two badges, 2 music tape, a bowl, saw a couple of numbers on a picture (5 and 2), i've interact with a creepy picture of a sad boy, but only flame when i touch it, no light at the end of the tunne....

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/12/20 03:13 PM

I posted a solution to the piano puzzle in a separate post made by GreyFuss in this Hints and Help forum. It's titled Ghost Vigil Piano Puzzle.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/12/20 03:45 PM

I posted a solution to the piano puzzle in a separate post made by GreyFuss in this Hints and Help forum. It's titled Ghost Vigil Piano Puzzle.

I totally recommend the link Draclvr posted in the other thread. I printed the picture with the keys lettered and held it up to my screen. I couldn't do it without it. Thanks again Draclvr. wavegirl I even tried recording it on my phone, no help at all. duh

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/12/20 04:26 PM

Ok, I can tell now with no mistake....Im completely stuck... no think what to do, I've gone everywhere, i've collected a handle knob, nail clipper, a pen, two badges, 2 music tape, a bowl, saw a couple of numbers on a picture (5 and 2), i've interact with a creepy picture of a sad boy, but only flame when i touch it, no light at the end of the tunne....

I'm not sure where exactly you are, but here are some hints...

Sometimes a pen is stronger than the sword

Did it kill someone?

Check the attic

Pen and... paper!

Place the pen on the paper in the attic corridor

Also place an image of the dead (TH)

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/12/20 04:28 PM

I "think" the radio is also involved with a certain station which was a clue given earlier.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/12/20 04:41 PM

I am so stuck in the tunnels. hardwall
I found 5 things that look like torch tops and placed those in the cubby holes, I need 1 more. And I also found 3 weird shaped rocks. Are there more? I also found an area with 5 large rocks that a glowing thing touched each one. I also found an area that has a large stone, with a circular top.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/12/20 04:48 PM

I "think" the radio is also involved with a certain station which was a clue given earlier.

I've gone in each room with a radio, and turn all on, on the frequency written somewhere.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/12/20 04:48 PM

I'm not sure where exactly you are, but here are some hints...

Sometimes a pen is stronger than the sword

Did it kill someone?

Check the attic

Pen and... paper!

Place the pen on the paper in the attic corridor

Also place an image of the dead (TH)

Did it ....

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/12/20 05:15 PM

Did those radios actually do something?
I changed the frequency of all of them to the one written in the library. But could not see any effect. ^^

In the tunnels you need to walk around and look everywhere to find...
6 fire holder curb thingies

5 stone balls

The fires...
Don't expect them to make any sense. This is just a dumb minigame.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/12/20 05:22 PM

Thanks ScaniX. wavegirl

I can't find the 5th stone ball. cry

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/12/20 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by TLC
I can't find the 5th stone ball. cry

Hehe, yes.
Before I knew that I need to look for them (stumbled over the first one) I didn't notice a single one. ^^

I don't know if it helps: One of them was pretty dark.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/12/20 06:37 PM

Someone on Steam postet this solution for the 5 Stones:
1- right when you exit the tunnel from the girls bathroom (turn around completely and it should be on a ledge on the ground to the left)
2 - opposite the iron bars of the cell
3 - one step before the "three urns small lake room"
4 - near the unknown chamber blocked path, turn around when facing it (i think)
5 - entrance to the Light room

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/12/20 07:00 PM

Thanks ScaniX and seagul. I finally found it and put them on the pedestals. I realized real soon, that it was another musical puzzle. cry I recorded the stone behind them on my phone, this time doing that helped. I also did the stages of the moon puzzle earlier. joy2 wavegirl Now how do I make the 3rd symbol disappear? thanks

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/12/20 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by TLC
Thanks ScaniX and seagul. I finally found it and put them on the pedestals. I realized real soon, that it was another musical puzzle. cry I recorded the stone behind them on my phone, this time doing that helped. I also did the stages of the moon puzzle earlier. joy2 wavegirl Now how do I make the 3rd symbol disappear? thanks

Try to insult it!
The fire puzzle is just a simple order. You don't need any additional info for this.
Just look at the symbols and try to think of a way to sort them.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/12/20 07:16 PM

You're right ScaniX, no explanation needed. Thanks. joy

I went back to the Science Lab to see the runes. There are 7 runes but I only have 6 sounds, think I need the one that looks like a B? cry
Ohn-Da, Ma-Tok, Ma-Fen, Da-Fen, Fen-Tok and So-Fen

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/12/20 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by TLC
You're right ScaniX, no explanation needed. Thanks. joy

I went back to the Science Lab to see the runes. There are 7 runes but I only have 6 sounds, think I need the one that looks like a B? cry
Ohn-Da, Ma-Tok, Ma-Fen, Da-Fen, Fen-Tok and So-Fen

Yes, you are missing...
B: ohn-sev

Another thing that might be of interest...
Don't try to make the runes do anything. Clicking any right or wrong order here does nothing.

But you probably already know it as you are already underground. smile

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/12/20 11:29 PM

I found the one that I was missing, went back to the lab and it was there on the runes list. joy2 I just finished. joy Thanks for everyone's help! wavegirl

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/12/20 11:32 PM

Congratulations!
Got both easy endings? Did you survive? wink

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/12/20 11:35 PM

Thanks!
Oh, there's a different ending?
duh

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/12/20 11:40 PM

I think there are 3.
But for the third you need to finish the "name the place" puzzle in the boy's dorm. I tried all the combinations that seemed to make sense, but I wasn't able to make sense of it. Also two of the stripes were interchanged. When clicking on "small lighthouse" I got "Net house" and vice versa.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/13/20 12:02 AM

I must have missed that puzzle. oops

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/13/20 01:08 PM

Where do I find the Saxton Map puzzle, can't find it in the boys dorm

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/13/20 01:53 PM

I wish I could help, I totally missed it. cry It must not be a puzzle you have to do, I completed the game without it. wavegirl

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/13/20 04:17 PM

yeah its optional, gives you a third ending

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/13/20 04:32 PM

The map is in the book on Nigel's bed.
The little paper cuts are somewhere else in the room, i do not remember where.

Screenshot added:
[Linked Image]

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/13/20 04:38 PM

Lol, if that is the correct solution than I am glad that I did not go back to finish it. I would have never ended up with that layout. ^^

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/13/20 04:56 PM

Yeah, it's been a long time since I played Darkfall: The Lost Crown. I remember seeing a painting of Saxton on one of the walls in this game.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/13/20 05:00 PM

Actually I've found(following the other thread) the right combination for the puzzle piano,
something appear and gives me a tone that makes the runes vibe, I've found a piece of mirror but looks like something is missed to trigger the objects. The question: how do I open the lock, and what is the meaning of the 05-20 on the picture, in the girl room there's a door with a hole, and four knobs, I push but nothing happen....any clues?

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/13/20 05:01 PM

I had to try a few times before i got it right.
And i had problems to find the right spot for Grindles Claw. The "X" wasn't on the map.
So i first did not understand that my map was cut.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/13/20 06:40 PM

I started a replay last night. sherlock wavegirl

I put my last save in the game. I'm in the boys dorm and I don't see any kind of puzzle there? duh

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/13/20 09:04 PM

Restorehope, you have a puzzle to solve before you can get into the safe room - the one with the hole. You will get a clue from an MVP you record...
It has to do with the games the girls and playing.

Grrr… Stuck in the tunnels because I can only find 4 of the 5 stones.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/13/20 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by TLC
I started a replay last night. sherlock wavegirl

I put my last save in the game. I'm in the boys dorm and I don't see any kind of puzzle there? duh

Check the top beds (I think it is the second on the left side), it should be inside of a book.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/14/20 12:47 AM

Thanks ScaniX. I'll go check there. wavegirl

Found it and the papers with the names but I'll try the puzzle tomorrow. Thanks again. hamster

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/14/20 03:32 AM

I have the drone but just having problems trying to find the site office thanks Dianne smile

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/14/20 03:41 AM

The site office is
in a trailer in the back behind an old truck. It has a pink door.

And I'm hopelessly stuck. I've looked for
that 5th petrosphere until I have a headache! It's the one with a flame looking carving. I've done the moon and fire puzzles already. Any ideas?

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/14/20 11:43 AM

Restorehope, you have a puzzle to solve before you can get into the safe room - the one with the hole. You will get a clue from an MVP you record...
It has to do with the games the girls and playing.

tks done it, trying as always, pulling knobs until the door open.....

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/14/20 02:39 PM

I postet the places where to find the stone earlier. Did it not help?
Here it is again:

1- right when you exit the tunnel from the girls bathroom (turn around completely and it should be on a ledge on the ground to the left)
2 - opposite the iron bars of the cell
3 - one step before the "three urns small lake room"
4 - near the unknown chamber blocked path, turn around when facing it (i think)
5 - entrance to the Light room

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/14/20 02:47 PM

Afternoon, actually Im in the Greenhouse, got the exercisebook, the tubes, and...read all i need to read, listen also the tape with music...but no idea how to go on....

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/14/20 03:36 PM

Sorry, seagull, I totally missed that! Wish I would have seen it and saved myself that headache!

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/14/20 04:56 PM

Afternoon, actually Im in the Greenhouse, got the exercisebook, the tubes, and...read all i need to read, listen also the tape with music...but no idea how to go on....

restorehope, Did you get the soil samples with the tubes?
Posted By: dorish

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/14/20 06:31 PM

you guys are way ahead of me . I just beat the burnt boy at snakes and ladders, and now I can't interact with the T V. Do I have to go back to a previous save to let him win so I can look at the T V ?

Doreen

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/14/20 07:21 PM

Have you looked
with the drone at the antenna?

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/14/20 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by dorish
you guys are way ahead of me . I just beat the burnt boy at snakes and ladders, and now I can't interact with the T V. Do I have to go back to a previous save to let him win so I can look at the T V ?

Doreen

I could be wrong but I think he needs to win. sherlock
Did he open the door, to the left of his picture on the wall?

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/14/20 07:43 PM

I don't have the drone yet . How do I get it? I thought I got the drone after the burnt boy beat me at snakes and ladders. According to the walkthrough, when he beats me , he disappears and activates the tv. I look at it , and then I get the message from bear that the drone is outside.

Doreen

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/14/20 07:46 PM

How do I let him win---it's random. do I have to go back to a previous save and do it again?

doreen

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/14/20 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by TLC

restorehope, Did you get the soil samples with the tubes?

No, and i dont know how to cut the samples...... i've read that there's a scissor to pick up, but where, i've looked everywhere....

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/14/20 07:55 PM

You don't cut the samples, take the tubes from your inventory to get them. And the scissors, if I'm remembering correctly are in the fountain. luck

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/14/20 08:00 PM

No, he didn't open the door.

Doreen

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/14/20 08:21 PM

You just keep replaying the burnt boy until you win. I think I had to play him at least 10 times before I won.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/14/20 08:31 PM

You just keep replaying the burnt boy until you win. I think I had to play him at least 10 times before I won.

Oh you have to beat him in the game? CRS crazy Dorish, Sorry for the wrong info. woozy

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/14/20 09:05 PM

No, I won and he set the room on fire because he was annoyed, so I had to leave the room. the wkthro says Crying Boy wins -he is happy- his ghost departs leaving the tv crackling into life. Take a look at the t v. So he has to win. What I am asking is how do I play snakes and ladders over again so that he can win and leave? I don't have the game pieces anymore, so do I have to go back to a previous save to get them again from the safe room?

Doreen

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/14/20 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by TLC
You don't cut the samples, take the tubes from your inventory to get them. And the scissors, if I'm remembering correctly are in the fountain. luck

Ahhh tks, but im looking everywhere with the mouse cursor, but also where u said, up the fountain but...nothing.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/14/20 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by TLC

Ahhh tks, but im looking everywhere with the mouse cursor, but also where u said, up the fountain but...nothing.

You might need to finish everything with the soil samples, before you can get the scissors. luck

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/14/20 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by TLC
Originally Posted by TLC

You might need to finish everything with the soil samples, before you can get the scissors. luck

done it, see the fountain with water, but no scissor....and I have to identify the seeds....

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/14/20 09:52 PM

Did you identify the seeds correctly and plant them in the correct pots? Has the time changed to sunset?

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/14/20 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by TLC
Did you identify the seeds correctly and plant them in the correct pots? Has the time changed to sunset?

Nono, i still dont have identify the seeds, so after that i should see the scissor.... ok.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/14/20 09:55 PM

If you do them correct and then plant the seeds correctly.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/14/20 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by TLC

Oki, did u remember the correct identification?

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/14/20 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by TLC

Oki, did u remember the correct identification?

Sorry, I don't remember. CRS

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/15/20 12:14 AM

Aacckkk… I misspoke. You play the burnt boy until HE wins. Yeah, serious case of CRS.

There is a sheet somewhere that helps you identify the seeds. I didn't find it very helpful though.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/15/20 08:41 AM

There is a sheet somewhere that helps you identify the seeds. I didn't find it very helpful though.

Yep, the sheet i saw, didnt give any help.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/15/20 08:41 AM

cut

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/15/20 05:10 PM

Aacckkk… I misspoke. You play the burnt boy until HE wins. Yeah, serious case of CRS.

So, I did remember correctly about the boy has to win? I guess I have to strike out that case of CRS. dance

Is there a map of Saxton somewhere in the game for the puzzle in the boys dorm? I didn't know about that puzzle, till I finished the game, so I put a save back in my game and found that puzzle. wavegirl

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/15/20 05:17 PM

The boy has won the very first game.
Afterwards I have tried to find a way to play again to beat him, but I wasn't able to. laugh

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/15/20 07:47 PM

ScaniX, Would you happen to know if there's a Saxton labeled map, somewhere in the game? Thanks.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/15/20 08:59 PM

I believe the location was posted earlier in this post. Probably missed it just like I missed the post about the locations of the petrospheres!
In the boy's dorm on a top bunk in a book.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/15/20 09:52 PM

I believe the location was posted earlier in this post. Probably missed it just like I missed the post about the locations of the petrospheres!

Draclvr, I found that but I need a labeled map to complete it. I don't know where each of the labels belong. wavegirl

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/16/20 03:04 AM

Ah, I see. I only vaguely remember the locations from that game.. It's been a long time since I played The Lost Crown. At least, I'm guessing you are supposed to remember the locations from that game. My CRS inhibits me in these types of puzzles!

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/16/20 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by TLC

Draclvr, I found that but I need a labeled map to complete it. I don't know where each of the labels belong. wavegirl

Beside/under the bed to the left of the tape recorder in the boys room. (If I remember correctly)

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/16/20 10:49 AM

Hi! I've actually spent a lot of time on that puzzle, but did not complete it.
And yes: There is a solution in this thread and I would have never put the labels at the same spots. ^^

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/16/20 12:00 PM

Hello, what Louisa wants to eat??? She doesnt like the normal one....i cheched the pictures with landscapes...but....no clue... i've got the mushrooms..any help??
Found out the solution.....i 've missed a thing....

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/16/20 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by DreamcastDizzy
Originally Posted by TLC

Beside/under the bed to the left of the tape recorder in the boys room. (If I remember correctly)

I'll have to look there and read this entire thread again. Thanks everyone. wavegirl

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/16/20 04:33 PM

The map is in the book on Nigel's bed.
The little paper cuts are somewhere else in the room, i do not remember where.

Screenshot added:
[Linked Image]

Thank you so much for the map. praise wavegirl

If completed right, does the map just disappear? think

Yay, I just saw the 3rd ending. joy

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/17/20 11:22 AM

I've collected 6 sounds .....do i miss one...but where???
[Linked Image]

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/17/20 04:12 PM

Yes... it's the same one I missed. I know I did what I was supposed to, but I didn't get the sound. So, I went back and did it again.
It's up in the boy's dormitory and you get it after you play the tape you found in the locker.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/17/20 11:32 PM

Yes... it's the same one I missed. I know I did what I was supposed to, but I didn't get the sound. So, I went back and did it again.
It's up in the boy's dormitory and you get it after you play the tape you found in the locker.

Yes, I did it...i forgot to listen all the tape....

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/18/20 12:48 AM

Maybe that's what I did too. Thought I did, but maybe I didn't!

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/19/20 04:45 PM

I can't find Darren Coles health Authority card. Could someone guide me to find that one?

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/19/20 05:55 PM

I found it. smile

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/19/20 06:15 PM

Glad to hear that, Revco, because I sure couldn't remember where each of them was!

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/21/20 12:37 AM

Ever mind finally got it

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/21/20 06:37 PM

How many health cards should there be? I have 11 showing on the board in the office, but nothing happens. I 've been all over the place looking for more, but can't find any.

Doreen

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/21/20 08:32 PM

Nothing happens when you put them all up there. You must get another item from the ghost Matron first.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/21/20 09:16 PM

I went to the office and she didn't manifest. Have I missed something?

Doreen

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/21/20 09:32 PM

I'm sure you have. Since I have no idea what you have and haven't done, I would suggest checking the walkthrough and see if that helps.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/24/20 07:37 PM

I have filled my saves are you guys just saving over existing ones or are you taking them out of the save folder... since there are 3 endings i want to make sure I don't have a big save..(I am a long way to endings though just got into the nursery..lol)

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/24/20 08:29 PM

I just saved over old ones.
Posted By: flotsam

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/26/20 12:13 AM

Hi all
I am trying to do the astronomy exercise. I am pretty sure I know what I need to do, but unless every correct answer is in round numbers, I can't work out how to adjust the telescope parameters to get less than round numbers (and anything not in increments of five for declination).
Am I missing something in how the telescope works? duh headscratch
Thanks!

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/26/20 01:44 AM

flotsam...here is the answer from Matt Clark - Bless his heart, he answered me even though he was sleeping! The planets are in different positions some happen to be aligned on the telescope fixed increments. But those that are not, the player must deduce them. For example - if we had a planet between 5 and 10 and we know which one it is - then in the school exercise book we must look for that planet with a multiple choice that is somewhere between 5 and 10 - be that on either scale Declination or - oh I’ve forgot what the other ones called - sorry.
Posted By: flotsam

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/26/20 08:41 PM

Thanks for that Ana - I will stop trying to fiddle with the telescope!!

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 01/26/20 11:44 PM

Enjoy flotsam!

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 02/01/20 10:57 PM

No problems, Just finished the 3rd ending... good game!
Posted By: qadventuregames

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 02/14/20 01:13 PM

I could use some help with the EVP at the piano. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I get the "here" I use the equipment in the usual manner, but it doesn't record only brings up the piano keys. So I tried playing the tune, but now I only get the spot to record the lyric. I'm confused.

Thanks for any help.

Q

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 02/14/20 01:42 PM

Let's wait for another player to help you out.

It's nice to see you, Q! It has certainly been a while. smile

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 02/14/20 03:36 PM

If I remember correctly, this confused me too. You don't get a lyric here, but one of the sounds for the runes. Is there sort of a sparkly thing there when you are done? If so, that indicates you have captured the sound. If my rememberer is wrong, some one will have to correct me!

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 02/14/20 04:19 PM

Hi Marian,
I took some time off from playing Adventure games to play Shooter games with my Hubby. Playing them might have helped my aim, but as you can see they didn't help my brain. lol

Thanks Draclvr,
I could get the rune/lyric recording but not the EVP. As usual it was just me. I went back and tried again, and realized that I missed the hot spot to trigger the EVP. Boy am I out of practice. On-wards and upwards. Great Game!!

Q

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 02/14/20 05:21 PM

That it is! I also play a lot of shooters and RPGs... Have fun!

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 02/20/20 12:06 PM

Yikes! I'm back in yet another State of Confusion.
I can't figure out how to get the Watchers Achievement.
I've
rode the merry-go-round (where I got the EVP of 1,2,3,4,5), the swing, the slide, the bouncy animal. I can't get a hot spot at the hop scotch.
I've no idea how to proceed.
Your help, as always, is greatly appreciated.
Q

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 02/20/20 01:58 PM

Hopefully another player will be able to help you with this. smile

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 02/20/20 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by qadventuregames
Yikes! I'm back in yet another State of Confusion.

: Try:Swing - Slide - Rocker - Roundabout - Slide

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 02/20/20 03:59 PM

Finally got it!

Good gravy - No more audio puzzles please. My hearing isn't that great and it was extremely hard to hear.

Q

Edit:
Thanks Winfrey - I just missed your post. Your help would have been just what I needed, and is greatly appreciated.

Dark fall Ghost vigil - 02/21/20 08:51 PM

decied to give it a reply stuck on what louisa wants to eat have cooked her all the stews but she keeps screaming at me its seems to be one from Spain but it doesn't work may have missed something thanks Dianne wave

Re: Dark fall Ghost vigil - 02/21/20 08:54 PM

Hi dianne, I merged your post with our Dark Fall: Ghost Vigil thread to make sure that other players here will see your request for help.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 02/21/20 11:55 PM

did you look at the landscape painting in the hall

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 02/22/20 03:44 AM

Iwent to the dayroom and looked at the football sticker album and the one I got was for Italy and the country emblem was red on the top and yellow in the middle and red on the bottom same as the one in the football sticker album there are two stews with mushrooms in it Tuscan stew and a swiss stew I think that I did the swiss stew and the Tuscan stew that didn't work out very well ok lost here . any help would be much appreciated thanks Dianne

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 02/22/20 12:48 PM

Leave kitchen and go to painting in the Day Room corridor. Make a note of the country emblem flag
colours in the paintings.
In the Dayroom, on the floor, look at the Football Sticker Album. This will allow you to determine what
the country is from the colours in the paintings crest emblem.
Return to the Kitchen and look up the recipe for the country.
Note: this puzzle is random and the homeland country of Louisa will change.
Place the cooking pot on cooker. Gather ingredient as needed.
Some ingredients’ are growing in the Greenhouse. If we didn’t collect them earlier, return to the
Greenhouse - travel to the Sunset time to then collect them. Pick Carrots, Onions and Basil as needed.
Mushrooms, if needed, can only be found growing in one location - Between the driveway and the
playground, amongst the graves and pines trees, look close and pick them.
Other ingredients are in the Kitchen.
Make Louisa the stew on the cooker. Place all items needed inside the pot for the correct recipe. Thhen
take the cooking pot and serve her a meal.
If correct she will give you the key to the Pink Door, the girls toilets. If wrong, she will scream at you and
you will need to try ag
Posted By: Iurii

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 02/23/20 06:32 AM

That Louisa is quite picky smile
In my playthrough, she was also from Spain according to the landscape painting and to the football album, yet she refused to eat the Spanish food!
Probably a bug. I had to offer her all the available dishes one by one, until she did accept one of them.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 02/26/20 01:59 AM

I have cooked them all and she still reject s them and she was from Spain guess I will try one more time maybe just pick a random one thanks Dianne
Posted By: Debra

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 03/10/20 07:44 PM

Just FYI. I bought this game yesterday and there was no manual. I found this :https://store.steampowered.com/app/1169020/Dark_Fall_Ghost_Vigil/. Look to the right under "view the quick reference" and it will give you a basic control guide. I hope this helps someone who is confused like me. wave2

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 03/10/20 08:25 PM

Thanks, Debra. smile

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 03/10/20 08:51 PM

Thanks Debra!
Posted By: Debra

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 03/10/20 11:30 PM

You are welcome!
Posted By: Dalboz

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 05/18/20 03:15 AM

So has anyone found the thing we are supposed to put on the Headquarters board on the left panel that is a paper that has been ripped off? or is that something that was left undone?

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 05/18/20 01:04 PM

I haven't played the game yet, but hopefully some other players will see your questions, Dalboz. wave
Posted By: teassoc

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 05/18/20 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Dalboz
So has anyone found the thing we are supposed to put on the Headquarters board on the left panel that is a paper that has been ripped off? or is that something that was left undone?

I think it's the torn up papers you'll find in the fireplace in the day room. Worked for me.

Re: Dark Fall - Ghost Vigil - 11/10/20 05:47 AM

I liked the "bad" ending better than the "good ending". I cannot, however, find the map puzzle in the boys dorm to see if I can figure it out to see that ending. I know I saw the puzzle at one time...

Oh well, watched it on a YouTube vid.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community