GB HOMEPAGE

The Displacement

Posted By: meryl

The Displacement - 01/04/20 03:30 PM

This looks really good but I'm not sure how to play it! Is there a walkthrough anywhere that one can refer to?
Posted By: Marian

Re: The Displacement - 01/04/20 04:17 PM

I am pretty sure that Jonathan is going to release a walkthrough for The Displacement as well as the one for Dark Fall: Ghost Vigil. On his blog it says there will be walkthroughs for both games.

Re: The Displacement - 01/04/20 05:03 PM

Oh good. thanks Marian. I feel a bit pathetic asking for one as everyone will think someone's first game has got to be so bloomin' simple that an idiot can tackle it. But it's not simple at all and i don't know how to save and if I have to collect things. so I need a good push in the right direction . And I know it's going to be subtle and devious because it's Jonathan.
Posted By: revco

Re: The Displacement - 01/04/20 08:36 PM

I look forward to the release of a walk-through for The Displacement. Not actually sure how to follow the game. Seems like you quit to the main menu and then jump through chapters which is odd. Cool game so far for a game made in 1999.
Posted By: sbrezny

Re: The Displacement - 01/05/20 06:39 AM

I got about half way through, and am now stuck in the kitchen. Cannot figure out what the puzzle is, and if I have a clue to solve it or not! If anyone has a nudge for me, I would appreciate it...

I really like this game! It reminds me a lot of the original Myst game, and there is so much more thinking than I find in some of the newer games. The puzzles have been organic and challenging so far, and well integrated into the story within the game.

Re: The Displacement - 01/05/20 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by sbrezny
I got about half way through, and am now stuck in the kitchen. Cannot figure out what the puzzle is, and if I have a clue to solve it or not! If anyone has a nudge for me, I would appreciate it...

I really like this game! It reminds me a lot of the original Myst game, and there is so much more thinking than I find in some of the newer games. The puzzles have been organic and challenging so far, and well integrated into the story within the game.

I'm glad you're enjoying it...me too. How did you process through each chapter...did it start automatically? I'm hesitate to jump around therefore I'm asking. smile

Re: The Displacement - 01/05/20 05:13 PM

The game screen is just a small box of a few inches square in the middle of my computer screen. I can play with it like this but itis difficult to see small detail such as buttons on phone and remote. Can anyone advise how to increase the viewing/playing size please.
Posted By: sbrezny

Re: The Displacement - 01/05/20 05:16 PM

Hi Revco! It seems like in each location, when you solve a certain puzzle, an exit will open up. For example, when you are in the living room, when the right puzzle is solved, the red curtains open up to show the next room. When you get to the next room, all exits remain closed until you solve the next puzzle, including the one back to the living room!

Re: The Displacement - 01/05/20 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by meryl
The game screen is just a small box of a few inches square in the middle of my computer screen. I can play with it like this but itis difficult to see small detail such as buttons on phone and remote. Can anyone advise how to increase the viewing/playing size please.

Try asking your question over in Glitches, where the techies should be able to help you. wave

Re: The Displacement - 01/05/20 05:53 PM

OK. thanks Marian.

Re: The Displacement - 01/05/20 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by sbrezny
Hi Revco! It seems like in each location, when you solve a certain puzzle, an exit will open up. For example, when you are in the living room, when the right puzzle is solved, the red curtains open up to show the next room. When you get to the next room, all exits remain closed until you solve the next puzzle, including the one back to the living room!

Thanks so much...I'm gonna explore. smile
Posted By: Egidius

Re: The Displacement - 01/05/20 07:14 PM

After the setup check your installation directory:
There is a *readme.txt* with game explanations and a *Walkthrough* !!

Re: The Displacement - 01/05/20 07:23 PM

LOL...Thank you Egidius.
Posted By: Mad

Re: The Displacement - 01/05/20 07:55 PM

Thanks for that info, Egidius thumbsup

Re: The Displacement - 01/05/20 08:23 PM

Thank you, Egidius, for that information. I don't have the game or else I might have noticed this. wave

Re: The Displacement - 01/08/20 12:23 PM

I'm a bit stuck at the end and don't want to spoil it by looking at the walkthrough. I've clicked on everything in the room I think. I've got the password. I've used the shades and read the message. Can't seem to get the computer working. Can anyone give a hint.

Re: The Displacement - 01/08/20 02:21 PM

Hopefully someone will be able to provide you with a hint. smile

Re: The Displacement - 01/08/20 03:03 PM

It's OK. Figured out what had to be done and finished, thanks.

Re: The Displacement - 01/08/20 03:18 PM

Great! Thanks for letting us know. smile
© 2024 GameBoomers Community