GB HOMEPAGE

Dark Fall Ghost Vigil Piano

Posted By: GreyFuss

Dark Fall Ghost Vigil Piano - 01/05/20 07:47 AM

Without giving the whole thing away...Yes or No...is there a
clue to the Piano somewhere or is it totally by ear?
Posted By: seagul

Re: Dark Fall Ghost Vigil Piano - 01/05/20 11:42 AM

That is my problem, too.
I like music, but please don't expect me to do a riddle which involves music.
Posted By: revco

Re: Dark Fall Ghost Vigil Piano - 01/05/20 05:33 PM

GF...how did you get to the piano?

Re: Dark Fall Ghost Vigil Piano - 01/06/20 04:26 AM

Maybe nobody has reached the piano yet so I can wait although the game has come to a screeching halt.

I don't mind music puzzles much (rather not have them, but in this case
From the place you hear the notes...it takes 5 clicks to get to the piano then, it takes 7 clicks to get back to re-hear the notes, then 5 clicks back to the piano and so on and so on... Now, add to that, you need to play 8 notes on a Keyboard that has 17 white and black keys. Unless there is a better clue than just sound this is a bit much and has sucked the fun out of the exploration. I do hope there is some sheet music or anything else to give a clue than just sound.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Dark Fall Ghost Vigil Piano - 01/06/20 05:59 AM

I already did the piano... for me with a minor degree in music, it was easy. And yes, it's strictly sound. I knew right away to
start with G and then go to B flat
. But these puzzles that just use sound must be awful for non-musical people.

To try to explain better...
the piano scale starts with C and goes up by one white key to D, E, F, G, A, B and then to C. So, first find "middle C" by going to the middle of the keys and locate the white key before the two black ones. Then go up to find G... That's your starting key for the sequence. The second key is B flat or the third of the black keys after G.
You should be able to go from there.

Don't know if this helps, GreyFuss!

Re: Dark Fall Ghost Vigil Piano - 01/06/20 06:04 AM

Ahem...what is G and what is B flat??? shocked

Re: Dark Fall Ghost Vigil Piano - 01/06/20 06:17 AM

I know! I just edited to HOPEFULLY explain! If it is just driving you nuts, the entire sequence is
G, B flat, G, A, G, B flat, A, G

This link shows the key lettering if you scroll down a bit.

https://www.yamaha-keyboard-guide.com/piano-keys.html

Re: Dark Fall Ghost Vigil Piano - 01/06/20 06:36 AM

Sorry Miss Tomato Queen...this is all musical Greek to me. Never played one instrument in my life...not even a recorder in grade school. crazy

I managed to get it...but without your help I doubt I would have. Maybe I should take up an instrument!

Thank you...any Salsa left?
Posted By: seagul

Re: Dark Fall Ghost Vigil Piano - 01/06/20 12:22 PM

Thank you so much, Draclvr. You saved me.
I tried to solve the riddle by recording the music on my smartphone and than replay it on the piano. I tried different variations of notes, but did it all wrong.

Re: Dark Fall Ghost Vigil Piano - 01/06/20 03:01 PM

Musical scales and notes are like speaking another language, so I feel your pain, GreyFuss! And glad it helped, seagull!

Just opened a new jar of salsa for supper last night, GreyFuss! My shelves in the basement are still full of sauces, but they will all be gone by next summer.

Re: Dark Fall Ghost Vigil Piano - 01/06/20 05:20 PM

Thats where I don't mind other piano type puzzles in other adventure games where they will have somewhere a clue with the keys labeled with the scales like hidden in a drawer or in the back of a book.

Spaghetti with home grown, home made spaghetti sauce tonight for dinner??? hearts

Re: Dark Fall Ghost Vigil Piano - 01/06/20 05:31 PM

I totally agree - a clue other than sound is needed for music puzzles. What was easy for me is a game stopper for others. Not fair!

No spaghetti tonight, but definitely next weekend! Too many leftovers right now and I have to ration hubby's carbs because of his diabetes.

Re: Dark Fall Ghost Vigil Piano - 01/06/20 05:52 PM

Okay...a nice bowl of heated Spaghetti Sauce without the noodles for me please...and a slice of garlic bread.

Re: Dark Fall Ghost Vigil Piano - 01/06/20 08:42 PM

Oops! You blew the carbs with the slice of garlic bread! Actually, he can have all this stuff - just in moderation.

Have you made it upstairs in Ghost Vigil yet?

Re: Dark Fall Ghost Vigil Piano - 01/07/20 03:38 AM

Do you you mean upstairs of the Main Hall where the boys and girls dormitories are?

Re: Dark Fall Ghost Vigil Piano - 01/07/20 04:11 AM

Yes. That's where I am and stuck!

Re: Dark Fall Ghost Vigil Piano - 01/07/20 04:19 AM

Do you mean you are stuck and can't get down or stuck because you don't know what to do?

Re: Dark Fall Ghost Vigil Piano - 01/07/20 06:12 AM

Have exhausted all my options.
Know what to do in a puzzle in the girl's dormitory, but can't make it work. Been up and down and met the creepy caretaker several times. Gotten the c**p scared out of me in one area, but can't go any further.
Scratching my head.

Re: Dark Fall Ghost Vigil Piano - 01/07/20 02:55 PM

I think you may be just a tad bit ahead of me Drac...I haven't been bothered b a Caretaker...at least I don't think.
bothered b a Caretaker...at least I don't think.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Dark Fall Ghost Vigil Piano - 01/08/20 12:03 AM

Drac,
there are notes laying around the girls room that has X's on it and intitials. It shows how many times they played the games. Pull the levers (after you put the missing one on it) in the order from most popular to least popular. The initials are the game titles. The pictures above the levers are images from the game boxes.

Re: Dark Fall Ghost Vigil Piano - 01/08/20 12:32 AM

Yes, I have all that and even made notes!
Counted X's and thought I had it about 10 times! Big X's/little x's/asterisks!
Guess I'll go back in and try again...

EDIT: Finally got it.
I was counting scores, not games played! DUH!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community