GB HOMEPAGE

Dark Fall : Ghost Vigil Ending #3 ??? - SOLVED

Posted By: GreyFuss

Dark Fall : Ghost Vigil Ending #3 ??? - SOLVED - 01/23/20 09:15 PM

I can't seem to trigger the Third ending. I completed the game to see the 2 obvious endings.
Went back and completed, at least I think I completed, the Saxton Map Puzzle, I completely missed it up until now. Go back into the Dark Fall pit, recite the ritual backwards again and get the same good ending. I say I think I completed the Saxton Map puzzle because all I get is the piano tune when done with no other clue that you were successful.
Any suggestions as to where I went wrong?

***** SOLVED *****
Posted By: Marian

Re: Dark Fall : Ghost Vigil Ending #3 ??? - 01/24/20 12:07 AM

I hope another player will be able to answer your question.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Dark Fall : Ghost Vigil Ending #3 ??? - 01/24/20 01:39 AM

Do you have a bunch of scraps of paper in your inventory? If so, then you need to complete another puzzle
up in the boy's dormitory. Look in the books.

Re: Dark Fall : Ghost Vigil Ending #3 ??? - 01/24/20 03:52 AM

Yes,
that is the Saxton Map puzzle I did after getting the obvious 2 endings.
Are you finished with the game oh lover of tomato's?

Re: Dark Fall : Ghost Vigil Ending #3 ??? - 01/24/20 02:44 PM

All except for doing that Saxton puzzle. Did you get the third ending then?

Re: Dark Fall : Ghost Vigil Ending #3 ??? - 01/24/20 03:06 PM

Unfortunately no, I haven't gotten the 3rd ending. I was thinking that maybe it was only in the Steam release as I was playing the original Darkling Room version so I Installed the Steam version, same result, no 3rd ending. I must have completed the Saxton Map puzzle correctly though since
the Map is no longer in the book and the slips of paper have vanished from the Inventory.

Became so frustrated so I found a YouTube video of the 3rd ending so at least I won't miss it.

EDIT:

I got it now, it was there the whole time...I had assumed that to get the 3rd ending I had to
recite the ritual in the good way but to get the 3rd ending I recited the ritual in the bad way that the DarkFall wanted me to say.

All in all, a very well done game, certainly not a short game. The whole thing reminded me of a combination of DarkFall, Barrow Hill and the Lost Crown games.
Posted By: TLC

Re: Dark Fall : Ghost Vigil Ending #3 ??? - 01/24/20 03:16 PM

Greyfuss, which endings did you see?

Re: Dark Fall : Ghost Vigil Ending #3 ??? - 01/24/20 03:20 PM

I got all three endings TLC. See Edit above.
Posted By: TLC

Re: Dark Fall : Ghost Vigil Ending #3 ??? - 01/24/20 03:36 PM

I see the edit. Glad you saw all 3 endings. joy
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Dark Fall : Ghost Vigil Ending #3 ??? - 01/24/20 08:30 PM

I don't really care for games with multiple endings, though I'm sure that's just me!

Re: Dark Fall : Ghost Vigil Ending #3 ??? - 01/24/20 08:31 PM

You don't have to do any of the other endings. It's just there if you want to do them.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community