GB HOMEPAGE

beyond a steel sky

Posted By: flotsam

beyond a steel sky - 08/07/20 07:10 AM

Hi there
Am frustratingly stuck trying to enter the city. Specifically, I should be able to enter Hobbsworth's booth but cannot.
I have the upgraded ID chip (got the DEET back from the ganggang) and I know the firmware needs updating but that is something for inside the city. I know I need a scanner for the bridge and that Hobbsworth probably has a spare in his booth. By all accounts I should be able to enter the booth. However when I try, Foster says it sounds like Hobbsworth is busy so he won't disturb him, yet Hobbsworth is wandering around outside. There must be a trigger to eg send Hobbsworth into his booth but I can't sort it. The walkthroughs I checked suggest I should be able to enter, and the in built system says visit the booth and wait until he leaves and take a scanner.
I have never seen him enter though, and as said, Foster says he sounds busy.
What am I missing?
Cheers
Steve
Posted By: aretha

Re: beyond a steel sky - 08/07/20 07:46 AM

Have you repaired the 'barrier' Hobsworth is working on?
Posted By: Marian

Re: beyond a steel sky - 08/07/20 02:47 PM

Thank you for your help, aretha. smile

If all else fails, Steve, you could watch a video walkthrough on YouTube of that part of the game. wave

Re: beyond a steel sky - 08/08/20 12:27 AM

Thanks both.
I had indeed fixed the bollard and have watched some walkthroughs, albeit fleetingly.
I will keep poking smile

Re: beyond a steel sky - 08/08/20 12:46 AM

Well thats weird. I started the game, and Hobbsworth was in his booth. As soon as he left the door scanner worked. duh
Posted By: Marian

Re: beyond a steel sky - 08/08/20 01:40 AM

That is very strange!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community